San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) is back again with in-person attendance. Two of us at BFFC will be attending again as press.
Here’s your very own checklist to all the Boba Fett stuff we know about in advance and/or as we see it. Updated frequently.
EXCLUSIVES and REVEALS
Hallmark (Booth 2913 aka Star Wars Pavilion) has a “vintage” Funko Boba Fett exclusive ornament shared with NYCC. Right when the convention opens, they have a queue for a ticket to buy this; when that runs out, they say come back at noon for a free-for-all style chance if they haven’t run out. There’s a limited quantity per day.
Beast Kingdom (Booth 2849) revealed their “Egg Attack Action” Arena Suit Boba Fett “exclusive.” We asked them on Preview Night if it’s an SDCC exclusive and were it’s not an SDCC only exclusive. We were basically told, if the 300 don’t sell this weekend, they’ll sell the remainder online. Their official social media post says an edition size of 1,000 worldwide. The price point is $80.
Beeline Creative (Booth 2913 aka Star Wars Pavilion) has a Boba Fett’s Starship punch bowl reveal. Preorders ship in August.
Josh Agle aka SHAG (Booth 3920) in collaboration with Beeline Creative has an official print called “Clash at Carkoon” for sale at SDCC. The 15 color serigraph is 23″ x 44″ unframed ($700) and 34″ x 55″ framed ($1,600). Limited edition of 200.
Hasbro has a “Vintage Collection” Krrsantan exclusive ($39.99). “Attendees can visit the Hasbro Pulse Desk at Hasbro’s Booth #3213 to receive a one-time use code, which can then be scanned and preordered. One code per customer. Limited quantities will be available to pre-order on HasbroPulse.com after the convention.”
And not a direct Boba connection but, on Friday only, RSVLTS (Booth 2913 aka Star Wars Pavilion) has a Mythosaur shirt in “unisex sizing as well as a romper style, features Mandalorian icons and a western style. Made of RSVLTS KUNUFLEX™ and available for $70 on Friday, July 21.”
Friday, July 22
- 11:00am – 12:00pm (Pacific)
Lucasfilm @ Room 7ABLucasfilm’s Brian Merten takes you into the worlds of Star Wars and Indiana Jones high-end collectibles.
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm (Pacific)
Star Wars Memories @ Room 7ABCraig Miller, Lucasfilm’s original director of fan relations, presents a slide show on the early days of Lucasfilm and marketing Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back to comics and science fiction fandom and the rest of the world. He’ll tell you all about 20th Century Fox’s market research on making Star Wars, George Lucas’s original explanation for the Millennium Falcon’s 12-parsec Kesel Run, picking Leigh Brackett to write The Empire Strikes Back, the phone messages that shut down Illinois’ phone system, Underwear That’s Fun To Wear, taking droids to Sesame Street, and more.
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm (Pacific)
Lucasfilm Publishing: Stories from a Galaxy Far, Far Away . . . @ Room 7AB From the days of the glorious High Republic to the Age of Rebellion to Rise of the First Order, some of Lucasfilm Publishing’s all-star authors, including Delilah S. Dawson, Justina Ireland, E. K. Johnston, George Mann, Cavan Scott, Charles Soule, and man of a thousand voices Marc Thompson, discuss stories from throughout the entire Star Wars saga, offering publishing reveals, announcements, and sneak peeks for readers and fans of all ages. Moderated by Lucasfilm Publishing creative director Michael Siglain.
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm (Pacific)
Hasbro @ Room 7AB Patrick and Jing from Hasbro marketing and Chris and Eric from Hasbro design discuss the popular Hasbro Star Wars line, including the Black Series and The Vintage Collection. Attendees will get an in-depth look at Hasbro’s latest action figure and premium roleplay offerings from throughout the saga. Word on the Holonet is there may also be a few surprises.
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm (Pacific)
Star Wars: Past, Present, Future @ Room 7AB Spencer Wilding (Darth Vader, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story; Gorg, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves), Leilani Shiu (Teeka the Jawa, Obi-Wan, Boba Fett, Mandalorian), Bruce Logan (SFX cinematographer, Star Wars: Episode IV, A New Hope; cinematographer, Tron), Gigi Edgley (Chiana, Farscape), Christian Ganiere (Ten, Stranger Things), Julie Dolan (Princess Leia, Star Wars: Rebels, Star Wars: Uprising, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue), and James Ganiere (Emmy Award–nominated director/producer) discuss favorite moments, storylines, characters, droids, games, merchandise, and what worked and what didn’t.
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm (Pacific)
Star Wars Trading Card Collecting @ Room 7AB David Neuhausel (Star Wars Card Collecting Alliance), Shawn Mullen (Star Wars vintage collector, Science Fiction Coalition founder), William O’Neill (Star Wars artist), and Tom Resendez (501st Legion trading card collector) discuss aspects of collecting vintage Star Wars trading cards. From master sets, sketch and chase cards to offshoot sets such as 501st trading cards, they’ll explore this type of collecting that started back in 1977 when people discovered that galaxy far, far away.
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm (Pacific)
The 501st Legion: Star Wars Villainous Costuming @ Room 7AB An introduction to the creation of fan-made villain costumes from all Star Wars movies. Legion members Lindsay Cepak, Dean Amstutz, Kevin Weir, David Neth, David Ancheta, Joe Lara, and Todd Mullin from the Imperial Sands and Southern California Garrisons will provide an overview of the creative process that brings Stormtroopers, Tusken Raiders, Boba Fett, or Kylo Ren from the silver screen into reality. They will discuss membership, from initial interest through final approval, and talk about the process for working with armor parts, small prop and soft costume construction, and 3D modeling and printing.
For Wednesday (Preview Night), Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday panels, it looks like nothing Fett-related.
Saturday is the 501st group photo at 11:30am, which is always impressive, outside on the back side of the convention facing the water. Mashups welcome too. Organized by Brandon Jackson aka Chief Geek Photography.
You can always explore the full list, but here’s the shortlist for Fett fans in alphabetical order:
- 4D – Star Wars @ Booth 2913 — their Boba Fett helmet and Slave I are on display
- Acme Archives @ Booth 5629 — new Star Wars pieces, but no new Boba pieces this SDCC
- Beast Kingdom Co., Ltd. @ Booth 2849 — “Arena Suit” Boba Fett convention exclusive
- Beeline Creative, Inc. @ Booth 2913 — their Boba Fett’s Starship punch bowl is available for pre-order and they have some artist proof 4-pack tiki mugs by Josh Agle aka SHAG (originally considered sold out in 2020)
- Denuo Novo @ Booth 4049 — their Boba Fett / Jango Fett jetpack kit is on display
- Diamond Select Toys & Collectibles @ Booth 2607 — their Jango Fett bust is on display
- DIFF Eyewear @ Booth 2913
- Disney Publishing @ Booth 2913 aka Star Wars Pavilion — no Boba/Mando sightings here
- EFX Inc. @ Booth 4337
- Enso Rings @ Booth 2913 aka Star Wars Pavilion — they’ll have a Salacious B. Crumb exclusive ring for sale
- Entertainment Earth @ Booth 2343 — no Fett/Mando sightings
- FiGPiN @ Booth 403 — they have a Palpatine exclusive but no new Boba this year
- Funko @ Booth 4945 / 5037 / 5045 / 5137 / 5145 / 5341 aka the “town” in the back left if entering from G — Krrsantan exclusive but no Fett/Mando
- Gentle Giant Studios @ Booth 3513 — no Fett/Mando
- Hake’s Auctions @ Booth 704 — a pretty rare Kenner prototype Boba Fett is on display here, currently in their auction online
- Hallmark @ Booth 2913 aka Star Wars Pavilion — Boba Fett exclusive
- Hasbro @ Booth 3213 — “The Book of Boba Fett” Krrsantan exclusive (secret link plus unique code required, from a handout they have at their booth), plus they have the Vintage Collection “Tusken” Boba Fett, Retro Collection “Dune Sea” Boba Fett, and Mission Fleet “Protect the Bounty” (Amazon exclusive) set on display
- Her Universe @ Booth 2913 aka Star Wars Pavilion plus Booth 1314
- Heroes & Villains @ Booth 2913
- Hot Wheels — they have a sneak peek at a “Racer Verse” Boba Fett car, coming soon to Walmart / Target / Amazon
- Josh Agle aka SHAG @ Booth 3920 — exclusive “ROTJ” print with Boba (although he’s falling into the pit), plus the circa 2020 Tom Spina made tiki head is on display, and SHAG’s prior Boba print
- Kotobukiya Co., Ltd. @ Booth 3535
- Monogram International, Inc. @ Booth 3645
- Printers Row Publishing Group / Thunder Bay Press @ Booth 1134 — their Star Wars: Galaxy of Stickers: The Dark Side book (coming October) includes Boba and should be on display
- RSVLTS @ Booth 2913 aka Star Wars Pavilion
- Tamashii Nations / Bandai @ Booth 1818
These artists often feature Boba Fett in their work.
- Brian Rood @ Booth 1929
- Dave Dorman has a convention exclusive original Boba Fett piece of art for sale
- Terry Dodson @ Booth 5019
- Lee Kohse @ Booth 1605
- Patrick Ballesteros @ Artists Alley DD-08
- Punch It Chewie Press @ Booth 1334
- Joe Corroney @ Booth 4300
- Charles Soule @ Artists Alley TBD
- Dan Veesenmeyer @ Artists Alley EE-24
- E.M Gist @ Artists Alley II-06 — he has a convention exclusive virgin variant of his Cobb Vanth “The Mandalorian” Season 2 #1 cover, a limited edition of 666
- DKE Toys @ Booth 2643
- 501st Legion / Imperial Sands Garrison @ MZ-17
- Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club @ MZ-16
Looking for our coverage from years past?