The 2017 San Diego Comic-Con is coming! Here’s your very own checklist to all the Boba Fett merch as we learn about it.
EXCLUSIVESBluefin Tamashii Nations (Booth 3545) has a “Movie Realization” Ronin Prototype Boba Fett. Price was revealed on June 28th to be $95 with a limit of two per person.
Stance (Booth 2913-M) will have a new pair of “pop art” style Boba Fett socks to unveil at the convention next month. No word if they’re really SDCC exclusive or will also be available elsewhere for their normal $20 price tag. PetCo (Booth 2913-S) plans to have their Limited Edition Boba Fett Plush Dog Toy, which actually came out last year. But StarWars.com and Comic-Con.org list [link no longer online] it as an exclusive… perhaps incorrectly. It’s still $25, like it was in stores before. Nixon (Booth 2913-J) will have their $2,500 Boba Fett watch at the convention. This came out on Star Wars Day (May 25, 2017) and is definitely not an SDCC exclusive as listed on StarWars.com and Comic-Con.org. It’s still a limited edition of 100. Her Universe (Booth 2913-U) has a Classic Athletic Pullover that’s listed as an SDCC “exclusive” for $45. It features vintage artwork that includes Boba Fett. It also should show up on their website after SDCC, making it not really a convention exclusive as much as a convention debut, according to Anakin and His Angel. Need more Chibi-style Boba Fett plush? ThinkGeek just announced this #SDCC exclusive, which you can easily get on their site.
Boba Fett is back! This time the galaxy’s most fearsome bounty hunter comes wearing feudal Japan stylized armor based on the Star Wars white-colored prototype armor seen in both Ralph McQuarrie’s original concept sketches of the character, and test footage filmed by The Empire Strikes Back art director Joe Johnston. With a Ronin-inspired design by artist Takayuki Takeya, the fully articulated Boba Fett figure stands 170mm tall and features a moveable head scope, detachable mounted armaments, backpack with removable missile, and an arsenal of weaponry to expand your display possibilities. The set includes a blaster rifle, Japanese sword set, weapons set, and interchangeable hands (x4). This exclusive item will see very limited release. Limit 2 per person.
De Korner (Booth 5249) has an exclusive Boba Fett pin, which has a limited edition of 100 and sells for $10
Dan Veesenmeyer (EE-21 in Artist Alley) has a LEGO Boba Fett print, which has a limited edition of 40
Super 7 (Booth 4945) has a Boba Fett shirt exclusive
DKE Toys (Booth 5045) has an impressive 24 Boba Fett cardback bootlegs with art by Jason Chalker (aka Manly Art), each of which are $150; shown here are just the cardbacks without the resin figure yet
There’s more, but we can’t share with you yet until SDCC begins.
- On Friday 7/21 at 4pm, Craig Miller, Lucasfilm’s original Director of Fan Relations, is giving a talk in Room 7AB called “Star Wars & Fandom: The Early Years.”
- Prop Shop has a booth this year and Brandon Alinger, who wrote the Star Wars Costumes book and went to Lucasfilm Archives to document Boba Fett, will be there off and on
- DK has a booth and Cole Horton, who wrote part of the Star Wars book “Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded,” which has a canon section on Boba Fett, will be there for autographs
- Stern Pinball will be there; two of their three new pinball machines feature Boba Fett
- Gentle Giant has a booth and should be showing off their latest Jango Fett bust
- Mini Boba Fett is expected to be in a new Boba Fett costume.
- NorCal_Cap is expected to show off his PP2 Boba Fett.
- Daniel Logan won’t be officially there for signings and photos, but we know he plans to drop by for at least one day. Follow our social media feeds to gets a heads up.