San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) — the biggest convention around — is back to in-person attendance. Two of us at BFFC will be attending the event as press.
Here’s your very own checklist to all the Boba Fett stuff we know about in advance and/or as we see it. Updated frequently.
Need a map? Here’s a copy of the official one for 2022.
Before you enter the convention, you’ll need to download the CLEAR app (free) and “use Health Pass to confirm health and safety requirements before entering the event.” See SDCC’s tweet for more info.
Buying exclusives? You may need to get a “Purchase Ticket” at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina Terrace after you have your SDCC badge. It’s outside of the Convention Center.
Thursday, July 21
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm (Pacific)
Diamond Select Toys and Gentle Giant Ltd. @ Room 9 Diamond Select Toys’ Zach Oat (marketing supervisor) presents an advance look at DST and Gentle Giant Ltd.’s offerings for 2022–2023. Chuck Terceira (president) and Joe Allard (designer) offer a sneak peek at items from Star Wars, Marvel, AEW, Cobra Kai, and more. Ask the team your burning questions—the best questions get prizes!
Update: they didn’t even talk about Star Wars, unfortunately.
Friday, July 22
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm (Pacific)
Lucasfilm Publishing @ Room 7AB From the days of the glorious High Republic to the Age of Rebellion to the time of the fearsome First Order, join some of Lucasfilm Publishing’s all-star authors as they discuss stories from throughout the entire Star Wars saga, including reveals, announcements, and sneak peeks. Featuring Kristin Baver (Timelines), Cecil Castellucci (Star Wars: Moving Target), Adam Christopher (Shadow of the Sith), Claudia Gray (The High Republic: The Fallen Star), George Mann (The High Republic: Quest for the Hidden City), Beth Revis (The Princess and the Scoundrel), Cavan Scott (The High Republic: The Rising Storm), and Kiersten White (Padawan). Moderated by Lucasfilm’s Michael Siglain.
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm (Pacific)
Hasbro Star Wars @ Room 7AB Members of the Hasbro Star Wars Marketing & Design teams discuss the popular Hasbro Star Wars line, including the Black Series and The Vintage Collection. Attendees will get an in-depth look at Hasbro’s latest action figure and premium roleplay offerings from throughout the saga. Word on the Holonet is there may also be a few surprises.
For Saturday and Sunday panels, it looks like nothing Fett-related.
Hasbro (Booth 3213) has a Boba Fett exclusive.
- Based on his temporary all-black nano-spray look in War of the Bounty Hunters Alpha #1, Fett’s “in disguise” look has been given the Black Series treatment. This figure retails for $33.99 and ships in the Fall. At the convention, buyers will get a QR code. Eventually, they say, HasbroPulse.com may get a small quantity to sell, sometime after the convention ends.
Diamond Select Toys / Gentle Giant (Booth 2607) has a Boba Fett exclusive.
- The Gentle Giant “The Empire Strikes Back” Boba Fett Premier Collection Statue is an 11″ tall resin statue. It retails for $200 and is 1/7 scale. For those in Gentle Giant’s Premier Guild, you won’t need to attend the convention and there will be a small window to order this one from home instead. It will only be sold at the convention (with free shipping) or through their Premier Guild — no public sale otherwise.
RSVLTS (Booth Booth 2913-L aka Lucasfilm Pavillion) has two Boba Fett exclusives: one available Saturday and one available Sunday. They’re $70 each. Super soft fabric with very unique designs.
- Their Rancor shirt will only be available Saturday.
- Their purple variant for “Boba’s Debut” will only be available Sunday.
Entertainment Earth (Booth 2343) have two Boba Fett exclusives. They initially said any merch not sold at SDCC will go to those who pre-order online (aka first come, first served, while supplies last) but at the convention their sign just says to order it online instead. The pins aren’t on display, either.
On display among other Star Wars costumes, presumably screen-used, a “The Book of Boba Fett” Boba Fett costume is available to see at Comic-Con. Unlike Celebration, no special timed/ticketed exhibit to see it.
You can always explore the full list, but here’s the shortlist for Fett fans in alphabetical order:
- Acme Archives @ Booth 5629, which is confusing to find by that number as it’s really at the back of Hall C
- Del Rey Star Wars (Penguin Random House) @ Booth 1514/1515 — some books with Boba
- Denuo Novo @ Booth 4049 — one cosplay-accurate Jango Fett helmet for sale
- Entertainment Earth @ Booth 2343 — no Fett exclusives
- Funko @ Booth 100
- Gentle Giant / Diamond Select Toys @ Booth 2607
- Hake’s Auctions @ Booth 704 — One ultra-rare Kenner prototype Boba Fett will be on display here, currently in an auction of upwards of $115,000+
- Hasbro @ Booth 3213 — several Fett things on display, plus a QR code linking to a special HasbroPulse.com page to order the figure
- Kotobukiya Co., Ltd. @ Booth 2207 — no Fett exclusives
- Lucasfilm Pavillion @ Booth 2913-L, which contains multiple vendors:
- FiGPiN @ Booth 2913-T … They have Dengar and Bossk convention exclusive pins at the location, not their other booth (Booth 1841 seems void of Star Wars merch)
- Popminded by Hallmark
- RSVLTS — Saturday and Sunday will have Fett shirts for sale
- Topps Star Wars: Card Trader
- Tamashii Nations / Bandai @ Booth 3329 — one Boba Fett figure coming soon is on display
- The Shag Store
These artists often feature Boba Fett in their work.
- Danny Haas
- Dave Dorman
- Joe Corroney
- Lee Kohse @ Booth 2828
- Punch It Chewie Press @ Booth 2825
- Patrick Ballesteros
More we’ve come across at the show:
- Andy Carreon
- Derek Knierim
Tell ’em BFFC says hello!
- 501st Legion / Imperial Sands Garrison @ A-16
- Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club @ A-14
RSVLTS has two exclusives (see above) but they also have more in their Boba Fett collection available online, like a non-purple Boba Fett’s Debut shirt.
Sideshow Collectibles (Booth 1929) revealed the Hot Toys all-black Boba Fett figure the week before SDCC, at their online-only Sideshow Con. There is one display at SDCC.
Sideshow’s life-size “The Mandalorian” Boba Fett bust is on display here. No release date or price yet.
They also revealed a new Premium Format figure with Boba Fett and Han Solo in Carbonite, but it wasn’t on display as of Day 1 of SDCC.
Looking for our coverage from years past?
2020 guide, 2019 guide, 2019 videos, 2018 guide, 2018 videos, 2017 guide, 2017 videos, 2016 guide, 2015 guide, and 2014 guide. (2021 was skipped due to the pandemic.)