The pandemic of 2020 has affected everything, but some conventions have pivoted to online offerings, including the San Diego Comic-Con, aka SDCC @ Home this year from Wednesday, July 22 to Sunday, July 26. In lieu of posting from the convention floor, we’re still here to bring you what we can with our press pass and eagle eyes.
Here’s your very own checklist to all the Boba Fett stuff we know about in advance and/or as we see it. Updated frequently.
- Friday, July 24
- 10:00am – 11:00am (Pacific)
The Mandalorian and His Many Gadgets
Daniel J. Glenn (podcast producer), Dr. Michael Dennin (science expert: ancient aliens, Star Wars tech), and Ben Siepser (bio-engineer) of the podcast Fascinating Gadgets, Gizmos, and Gear-Based Technologies explore the science behind the various tools Mando uses to secure his bounties. From tracking fobs and jetpacks, to wrist rockets and flamethrowers, they will examine the most well-equipped bounty hunter in the galaxy.
- 11:00am – 12:00pm (Pacific)
Star Wars Audiobooks: Doctor Aphra
Get the inside scoop on the newest Star Wars Audiobook Original, Doctor Aphra, from inception to the incredible finished product performed by a full cast. You’ll hear from audiobook narrators Marc Thompson and Emily Woo Zeller, author Sarah Kuhn, and Del Rey editor Elizabeth Schaefer as they discuss this adaptation of the critically acclaimed Marvel comics series where Dr. Aphra teams up with Darth Vader, in a conversation moderated by audiobook producer Nick Martorelli.
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm (Pacific)
Lucasfilm Publishing: Stories From a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Some of the biggest and best Star Wars authors talk about some of their exciting new projects set in a galaxy far, far away. Featuring Timothy Zahn, Alex Segura, Justina Ireland, George Mann, Preeti Chhibber, Tom Angleberger, Rebecca Roanhorse, Greg Pak, and Alyssa Wong. Moderated by This Week In Star Wars host Kristin Baver and Lucasfilm Publishing senior editor Robert Simpson.
- 10:00am – 11:00am (Pacific)
- Saturday, July 25
- 1:00pm (Pacific)
Diamond Select Toys & Gentle Giant Ltd.
Get a rundown on what’s coming up from DST and GG Ltd. as they present an overview of products scheduled for late 2020 and early 2021, peppered with intermittent interviews with designers Joe Allard and Barry Bradfield, as well as sculptor Alterton! Moderated by marketing supervisor Zach Oat.
- 1:00pm (Pacific)
Gentle Giant has an exclusive:
- “Concept” Boba Fett Mini Bust by Gentle Giant, a throwback to the original Ralph McQuarrie and Joe Johnston concept art. It’s a limited edition of 500. 7″ scale with two variant helmet/head pieces. Available on gentlegiantltd.com July 17 thru 19 for Gentle Giant tiered memberships and then July 20 at 9am Eastern for the general public. (UPDATE: Sold out.)
Geeki Tikis (aka Beeline Creative) teamed up with SHAG, a well-known tiki designer, for a series of merch that drops July 22 at 9am Pacific. More info on each item:
- Geeki Tikis Boba Fett Ceramic Mug (Special Edition SHAG Exclusive) with red swazzle stick ($125) at geekitikis.com (UPDATE: Sold out.)
- “The Way of the Mercenary” by Josh Agle aka SHAG ($399 unframed) (UPDATE: Sold out.)
- Aloha Shirt ($125)
- 4-pack Coaster Set ($50)
“Mandeloreans” by Patrick Ballesteros, a new 25 Cent Wonders blending some Mandalorian armored folks with a DeLorean. $18 and limited to 150. Limit two per customer. 6″ x 8″ print on Fine Art Linen Paper. Coming at an undisclosed time to patrickballesterosart.com. (UPDATE: Sold out.)
DKE Toys has several artist-made exclusives again, via www.dketoys.com/dkecon:
- Bubba Fayette Cajun Bounty Hunter by Buzzard Guts
- Hop Hop Wars by Fatoh / Kidding Toy (UPDATE: Sold out.)
- Three Mandos and a Baby by Mug Costanza
Joe Corroney is doing 30% off all his art with code COMICCON via his online shop, which of course includes this piece with Boba Fett and Princess Leia, originally done for Star Wars Celebration Europe II.
On Monday, July 20, Sideshow Collectibles revealed a prototype for an upcoming Hot Toys 1/6 Scale Jango Fett that they’ll be distributing. It’s been displayed as far back as 2018 but now has a new helmet sculpt. No info on release date or price.
— Boba Fett Fan Club (@bobafettfanclub) July 20, 2020
On Wednesday, July 22, Heroes & Villains unveiled new bounty hunter crew socks and lapel pins, featuring Boba Fett and other “original trilogy” characters like Bossk, IG-88, and more.
Loungefly has Star Wars Mini Backpack Pins, which are blind bag style and available now. One in six chances to get the Boba Fett one.
Medicom Toy has shown off three items coming August 1:
- Be@rbrick (Bearbrick) BAPE Boba Fett 2-Pack (100% and 400%) (24k Yen = $225 USD)
- Be@rbrick (Bearbrick) BAPE Boba Fett (1000%) (82k Yen = $770 USD)
- VCD BAPE (Bathing Ape) Boba Fett (13.8k Yen = $129 USD)
Looking for our coverage from years past?