"Pre-Production #1" (PP1) Boba Fett (Mid 1978)
It's believed that Joe Johnston painted this version, using the "Concept" / Supertrooper costume as the base. The jetpack was converted from the White Prototype / Supertrooper costume.
This costume was worn by Duwayne Dunham at the 1978 San Anselmo Community Fair and Parade, which is Boba Fett's first public appearance.
"Pre-Pro #2" (PP2) Boba Fett (Mid 1978)
This armor was later used for "The Empire Strikes Back" and a Kenner photo shoot.
- Left gauntlet is yellow, which includes a flamethrower element
- Red and yellow sometimes referred to as the "ketchup and mustard" look
"Pre-Pro #3" (PP3) Boba Fett (Mid 1978)
New helmet and armor, but some repurposed parts from Pre-Pro #1. The PP3 helmet was scanned when making the Master Replicas collectible helmet.
- Same as Pre-Pro #2: right gauntlet is red and left gauntlet is yellow (ala "ketchup and mustard" gauntlets)
- Similar helmet to "Empire," but not the same
- Teal, yellow, red and white