"Pre-Production #1" (PP1) Boba Fett (Mid 1978)
It's believed that Joe Johnston painted this version, using the "Concept" / Supertrooper costume as the base. The jetpack was converted from the White Prototype / Supertrooper costume.
This costume was worn by Duwayne Dunham at the 1978 San Anselmo Community Fair and Parade, which is Boba Fett's first public appearance.
- Small blaster with cradle
- Poncho style, often seen wrapped around the front armor and connected to the shoulder armor
- Right gauntlet is red and left gauntlet is yellow (ala "ketchup and mustard" gauntlets)
- Right grey-brown glove has a circle with three divisions and left grey-brown glove has a circle with triangle divisions
- Helmet "eyes" (version 1, later called "Jaig eyes") and then "ears" (version 2)
- Teal, yellow, red and white
- Different shoulder symbol