[Updated 4/2: Boba Fett finished the public voting period with 59% of the tally.]
After an admirable re-count by StarWars.com, which put Boba Fett from the losing column into the winners circle -- on April Fool's Day no less -- Boba makes it to the next round which is ... right now.
Here's a tally of how the vote is going:
- 4/1/2015 9pm PST: Boba Fett has 71% of the vote
- 4/1/2015 11pm PST: Boba Fett has 72% of the vote
- 4/2/2015 9am PST: Boba Fett has 62% of the vote
- 4/2/2015 2pm PST: Boba Fett has 60% of the vote
- 4/2/2015 3:15pm PST: Boba Fett has 61% of the vote
- 4/2/2015 5:00pm PST: Boba Fett has 59% of the vote
Tarkin previously beat General Grievous. Boba previously beat Jango in a vote frought with digital ballot stuffing, which we documented.
If Boba Fett wins this round, he will face off against Darth Vader. Last year Fett faced Vader and it was quite a battle.