Our Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016 guide has the what, when, and where to more easily get the most Boba Fett out of your convention visit.
(Not going? Then you can live vicariously like we’re doing through this reportage!)
After “All Days,” events are organized by day and then by start time. Overlaps identified where appropriate. Lost? Here’s the official event map.
- Jeremy Bulloch – The Original Boba Fett – all 3 days – £20 autograph and £20 photo op
- Daniel Logan – Young Boba Fett – £20 autograph and £20 photo op
- Alan Harris – “Prototype Boba Fett” armor model – Sunday – £15 autograph and £15 photo op
Exhibitors (in alphabetical order)
- Acme Archives Ltd. @ Booth S117
Acme often sell Boba Fett artwork.
- Fantasy Flight Games … Booth S211
Fantasy Flight makes a lot of tabletop games with Fett cards and pieces.
- Forbidden Planet Ltd … Booth S1003
This boutique comic shop had an exclusive Star Wars #1 with a Boba Fett cover, which may still be available after it came out last year.
- Mattel Inc. … Booth S502
Hot Wheels has a convention exclusive Prototype Armor Boba Fett Hot Wheels available at this convention for £10 at this booth.
Reminder: Alan Harris, who wore the Proto armor, is also at the event for signatures and photos!
- Numskull … Booth N712
This clothing shop made a very popular Boba Fett sweater, which they may still have available.
- Royal Mail Stamps & Collectibles … Booth N503
This postal service came out with Star Wars stamps last year, including a Boba Fett stamp. They may still have some for sale.
- Star Wars Art of Joe Corroney & Brian Miller … Booth S510
Joe has done a whole lot of Boba Fett and Mandalorian art over the years. He’ll likely have some for sale and may be doing commissions.
- Star Wars Insider … Booths S1003 and S500
Announced early Tuesday morning (London time) via Twitter, they’re giving away a Young Boba Fett “Top Trumps” card.
- Tamashii Nations … Booth S803
Tamashii has shown a preview of their Ronin Jango Fett, but it hasn’t yet been available. Maybe they’ll show it at the convention.
- Think Geek … Booth S703
The online shop often has Boba Fett exclusives.
Artists at the “Star Wars Celebration Europe Art Show”
- “Echoes of the Empire” by Crystal Fontan includes Boba Fett
- “Londonium Calling” by Jeff Carlisle includes Slave I
- Tsuneo Sanda has an untitled piece that includes Boba Fett
Official Store (North Entrance N11)
- “Fett Family Crest” t-shirt
- Original Trilogy Emoji Pin Set with Boba Fett
- Proto/Fett apparel (£22-24)
- Slave I is included one 1 of 12 medallions for the Collecting Track series presented by our friend Gus Lopez. We don’t know which event will have the Slave I medallion, but will try to figure it out if we can in order to include it more precisely on this schedule.
- Part of the Star Wars Celebration Pin Trading Program includes a Boba Fett pin. It may be for sale ahead of the event. We’ll keep you posted.
- Our costume club friends, the Mandalorian Mercs, have an exhibit (South Entrance: S10) open to everyone from 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM every day.
FRIDAY, JULY 15
10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Build Your Own: Mandalorian Armor (Star Wars Family Area – N1113)
“Build Your Own: Mandalorian armor. Design, color and cut your own Mandalorian armor to wear for the day!”
- Meet the Mandalorian Mercs (Star Wars Fan & Collectors’ Stage – Door S11)
At the same time as the family event, the founder of the Mercs is giving a talk.
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Behind the Scenes of DK’s Books: The Making of Star Wars: The Force Awakens The Visual Dictionary and Incredible Cross-Sections (Behind-The-Scenes Stage – Door S10)
Boba Fett often makes appearances at this kind of panel, although this particular one may be more TFA focused than in years past.
4:30 PM – 5:15 PM
Vintage Star Wars Coins (Star Wars Fan & Collectors’ Stage – Door S11)
Our friends at TheSWCA.com are putting on a presentation about the collectible coins, several of which include Boba Fett, who may or may not come up as a topic of discussion.
5:30 PM – 6:30 PM (aka 17:30 – 18:30)
Keeping Up With The Fetts – Galaxy Stage (Halls N18-19, with queue and entrance in N17 – official schedule permalink)
“The favorite Star Wars character Boba Fett has spanned generations of fans, and two generations of actors have portrayed the iconic bounty hunter. Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan appear together with host David Collins for a fast-paced hour on the fringe.”
Note: this appears to be “live” streamed, albeit the next day on StarWars.com
SATURDAY, JULY 16
2:30 PM – 3:15 PM
Star Wars LEGO (Star Wars Fan & Collectors’ Stage – Door S11)
Lots of LEGO sets include Boba Fett, including the recent The Force Awakens video game (although he didn’t appear in the film), so he may be brought up at this event.
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Designing the Art of Star Wars with the Master: Doug Chiang (Behind-The-Scenes Stage – Door S10)
Doug was involved with a lot of “Attack of the Clones” concept art, including Jango Fett. See some of his work in our galleries.
Marvel’s Star Wars Comic Books Panel (Galaxy Stage – Door N17)
Boba Fett has only showed up in some of the recent Marvel comics, but will they announce his own mini-series? It’s possible to be announced here.
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Star Wars Rebels Season 3 – Celebration Stage (The Auditorium, East Lower Level)
Two episodes from Star Wars Rebels Season 3 will be shown. Fett hasn’t been confirmed to be in the series, let alone this season, but it’s a possibility given the timeline of events and previous guest characters. Maybe they will show something here? See our Fett Fact Check on mentions so far about Fett in the series.
4:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- Hot Wheels and Star Wars: Car Design in a Galaxy Far, Far Away – Behind-The-Scenes Stage
The description for this event revealed that a Celebration Europe 2016 exclusive would be a Hot Wheels Prototype Boba Fett, so we can assume it may be available at this event or more information about it will be announced here.
- Star Wars Original Props and Costumes (Star Wars Fan & Collectors’ Stage – Door S11)
This event, which ends at 5:15 PM, may include Boba Fett as it has done in the past.
5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Down & Dirty: Mandalorian Armour (Star Wars Fan & Collectors’ Stage – Door S11)
“Join Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club Founder, Tom Hutchens and PR Officer Richard Whittaker as the Mercs build one lucky member their own set of Mandalorian armor.” Very generous of them.
SUNDAY, JULY 17
Don’t forget that Alan Harris (Prototype Boba Fett armor model) is here today doing photos and autographs!
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Lucasfilm: The Art of Storytelling (Galaxy Stage – Door N17)
This “Story Group” panel event is where Boba Fett being neither dead nor alive came up last year, so it’s possible to be mentioned again… or differently.