[UPDATE: With submissions now closed, see the contest entries -- and the winners!]
Despite some rumors, Boba Fett isn't supposed to be in "The Force Awakens." We like to hope he'll still make a surprise appearance, and to celebrate that, we made some fake "The Force Awakens" posters ourselves as if Boba Fett makes an appearance. Now, it's your turn. We want to see your fan art!
You can design a poster, take a photo, or draw a picture. Art can be digital or traditional. You have until December 18, 2015 at 11:59pm PST to send it to us -- see the entry form below -- in order to win a prize!
- Most Creative
This will be awarded to one artist for their best effort and concept (that may trump technical execution) with their fan art
- Best in Show
This will be awarded to one artist for superb craftsmanship and overall idea with their fan art
We will award two sets of the forthcoming Star Wars Mandalorian Bookends by Gentle Giant ($60 value), one set to each winner.
Pointers and Examples
- "The Force Awakens" takes place 30 years after "Return of the Jedi"
- This timeline would make Boba Fett 66 years old
- At least one Mandalorian symbol is clearly visible in the trailer for "The Force Awakens"
We made these to help promote the contest and help get some example ideas going for you:
We made "The Force Awakens" poster templates from the Kylo Ren and Han Solo versions of the latest posters, isolating the logo and release date lines. These are optional to use for your fan art and only made available to help:
- "The Force Awakens" poster template (flattened JPG)
- "The Force Awakens" poster template (layered Photoshop CS6 file)
- You (or your team) must be the author of your image submission
- If you use or modify anyone else's intellectual property, including key art from Lucasfilm, you must cite any/all credits in the message portion of your submission
- You understand that not giving credit in your submission may disqualify your entry for a prize
- Visually, your art must include a reference (obvious or subtle) to Boba Fett
- Typographically, your art should but do not need to mention "Star Wars" and/or "The Force Awakens"
- You must provide your name and e-mail with your entry; if you're a winner, you agree to send us a mailing address within 7 days of being contacted by us via e-mail before you lose your spot and we contact the next runner up
- While you may enter more than one entry, you cannot win more than one category
- You need to send us only one image file for your art; close-ups and other angles are cool, but not necessary at all
- Your picture must be in JPG, PNG, or GIF format and under 10mb
- Your file must be at least 612 x 612 in 72 dpi; in the ballpark of 2000x2000 is more than enough resolution; greater than 100 dpi is not necessary
- You agree that the Boba Fett Fan Club can share the art with attribution indefinitely on bobafett.com / bobafettfanclub.com for any purpose deemed appropriate; that said, we agree to never sell or mass-produce anything you send us and there's no exclusivity with using your art in any other form (e.g. no "The Force Awakens") for anything else you want
- You must submit the work via the form below, which upon submitting will refresh at the bottom to show a "your message was sent successfully" message once all fields are valid; if you see any error messages, the related fields must be corrected and re-submitted in order to be an eligible entry
- You acknowledge that delivery of prize may take up to 6 months because at least one of the prizes isn't even available for sale yet; we've had many contests and giveaways in our 19 year history, so don't worry -- we always come through
How to Enter
Use this contact form and attach your file:
As You Wish
That's it. You don't need to join our mailing list, like our social media, and you don't even need to live in the U.S. (prizes will be shipped worldwide at no cost to the winners). Pretty nice, huh?
If you have any questions or concerns, you can also e-mail us directly at email@example.com.