376 (edited by Night Tuesday, November 27, 2007 7:29 pm)

Re: RPG-Superhumans

Frost was beginning to feel nervous. He was walking normally, not revealing his powers prematurely, as he headed towards Happy Harry's, but he couldn't help feeling something wasn't right. He turned a corner, and  came out onto a street that he knew the hero Starbright's appartment was on. He saw who he knew to be Haze walking down the street, and she was constantly glancing backwards, like she was getting jumpy or something. Whoa, I'm jumpy, she's jumpy, what's going on, man? Frost waited behind the corner, and watched Haze, trying to discern what was wrong.

Luke: Your overconfidence is your weakness. Palpatine: Your faith in your friends is yours... Luke: Faith in yo mama. Palpatine: What was that?

Haze nearly jumped out of her skin when Oni presented himself to her. “You frightened the crap out of me,” she said giving him a slap on the chest. “I think Flame is here somewhere. I thought I could feel him.”

“Really? I didn’t think you could do that.” Oni replied.

Haze lifted a brow, “Just how much about me do you know?”

“Oh enough I’d say.” Oni said and Haze could here the smile in his voice.

Shaking her head, Haze ignored him and concentrated on finding Flame. She stopped as she felt a weak response and a fluttering of images entered her mind. She looked immediately to the basemen door to the side of the building and made a beeline for it.

A heavy padlock secured the doors but Haze snapped a link with her mind and pulled the chain free. “Have you been following me?” Haze asked Oni.

“No, I found you more by luck then anything.” He admitted.

Haze took in a deep breath. “I think someone has been following me. Can I trust you at my back?”

“Have you said yes to my deal?” Oni said in turn.

Haze paused, “I want to hear your plan in full before I make any commitments.”

“Smart girl,” Oni remarked and headed down the dark stairway before her.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Flame was still in there, but it felt like the drugs were wearing off. He began to movie his wrists, trying to break free.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

379 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:01 pm)

Don had at last discovered that it was the year 2015, more than 150 years into the past then intended.

He had no idea what he was supposed to do now, he didnt even know if the suit still worked. Out of habit he started to jog down the street, he could think better while he was running. He started a list of vialble options: 1: go to the military and hoped they believed him, 2: Find a private group of scientists to help him 3:....well there was no three thats all he could think of at the moment. He was trying to think so hard that he nearly collided with a woman in black tights and a brown skirt. "uh...sorry ma'am, just moving through...hey, you wouldent happen to know a group of timeshifting experimenting scientists would you?"

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

As Oni walked down the stairway Haze looked up and saw a shadowy figure. He was tall, muscular and Haze could just make out some sort of mask on his face. She stared at him and waited for a reaction but there was none. She tilted her head sideways and studied him.

“Hello?” Haze called quietly but there was no answer from the masked man.

Haze decided to try something else, with her mind she reached out to him and spoke. Hello? Do you understand me?

Before he had a chance to answer, a man ran into her and asked a bizarre question about scientists. She stared at him for a moment, “Um no I don’t know anybody like that.”

Then Frost appeared, Haze wondered when she’d become so popular.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

(poor Flame.....locked in the closet of a neutral persons apparently over protective cousin....completely forgotten)

Flame continued to try to escape, he thought that the tape was begining to give, but that may have just been imagination. He lifted himself again, and kicked at the door with both feet again. It didnt budge. He didnt know if Haze was near, but he let out the mental equivalent of an emergency flare, hoping the signal allowed her to find him.

382 (edited by Dravage Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:15 pm)

((Wouldn’t miss it for the world))

Crimson stared off into the sun. The city was beautiful at this time of day. A sudden chill caused her to pull her red cloak tighter around her body. The woman jumped forward in surprise as a rough hand was laid on her shoulder.

Crimson immediately jumped into battle mode. A scarlet burst of energy began glowing in the palm of her hand as she faced the newcomer. It was Acero.

"You." muttered Crimson closing her hand and extinguishing the glow. “What do you want?”

Acero silently motioned to the dark stairway the woman was standing in front of.

“Yeah, he’s in there. Not that it’s any of your business.”

Crimson straightened her cloak and turned away from Acero. He stepped forward into the sunlight to stand next to her.

“They’re trying to turn her,” Crimson was muttering over and over. “I can’t let him do it… I can’t…”

Acero turned his masked face to stare at her. Crimson spoke to him without returning the gaze.

“Yes, the pyrokinetic. Although I think that nutjob has a few more tricks up his sleeve.”

Acero turned away torn. The women’s paranoia had a reached a new level of insanity. With her measure of power, she was dangerous. He knew others would be here soon to rescue Flame. He couldn’t let Crimson interfere when they did. He needed to find that meeting at all costs.

In one swift motion, Acero grabbed Crimson by the mouth and dragged her into the shadows of a nearby alleyway. She kicked and struggled for air, but Acero’s grip was like steel. Crimson was nearly screaming now and scarlet and purple bolts were flying in all directions as the desperate woman grasped around. The energy bursts began to slow, and Crimson’s kicking began to die down and soon she was finally unconscious. Acero bundled the woman in her cloak and gently set her in a nearby dumpster slowly closing the lid.

The silent man was barely out of the alleyway when he saw two figures at the stairway. One of them was Haze. The other was…

Acero drew a breath. The legendary Oni had just entered the building. Should he alter his plan and attack now? The Oni character was wanted by the authorities in countless districts. No. He couldn’t turn back now. He had to find that meeting.

He turned his head and saw Haze studying him. Panicking he ran.

"right of course you dont..." Don shouldered by a large man with a mask on his face. Don glanced at him but didnt say anything. Don looked around an his HUDs threat indicator told him that someone was around him was armed. Don looked up and saw a man in snow camo with a rifle on his back, "finally," he wispered someone who isint a civve. Don steped in front of the man blocking his path. "I need you ask you some questions..." Said Don.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Acero was bumped by Don as he hurried away from the scene. Suddenly the air got cold. There was a cryokinetic nearby. Sure enough, when Acero turned around, Frost was standing there with a rifle on his back.

Acero slinked off into the shadows as Don prepared to question Frost. He was sure Freezer-boy could handle things by himself if things got ugly, but he'd stick around just in case. Never leave a friend in danger.

((Just a suggestion, why don’t Frost and Don pair up as a fighting team? Haze is rather popular at the moment and she hasn’t even gone back to Chromium yet!))

Haze was brought back to Flame’s plight by his telepathic call. Haze went in after Oni as he was taking too long. Haze found Oni near a door, “I think he’s behind here.”

Haze nodded and ripped the door off its hinges with her mind and there was Flame. “Looks like you were right.”

Oni freed Flame. “Okay I’ve got to get back for this meeting. You coming?”

Haze nodded, “I will be. But I’ve got something to do first.”

Oni assisted Flame to his feet, “Fine but don’t bring any of your hero buddies.”

Haze smiled politely, “Wouldn’t dream of it.”

Oni hauled Flame out to the street as the scaled man was still rather woozy. “I’ll take Flame back, though I hate carrying another man.” Oni stated as he threw Flame over his shoulder.

Once Oni was gone Haze made a run for the Bell Tower, she was already ten minutes late. She was just outside when she saw Tanis waiting for her, he immediately transformed into Chromium. “What took you so long?”

“Don’t ask,” Haze said, it’d take her too long to explain.

BFFC Moderator

(yay.)
When they were back at the base, Flame ripped the ductape off his face, and stretched his jaw. He was still a little woozy from the drugs, and when he tried to make fire, it only sputtered and died. He grabbed a bottle of water and chuged it, then tried again, it worked slightly better. The drug was wearing off, he could sense the people around him again.

387 (edited by Lord Revan Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:42 pm)

"Man Flame, you are one crazy lizard. Don't you know you don't ever go alone? No matter how sure you are of victory?"

"This IS my signature."

Flame didnt say anything, he continued to check himself, looking for any thing out of place. Like more ductape.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." Jericho smirked.

"This IS my signature."

Flame looked at Jericho, and snorted angrily (like the veloca(spelling i know) raptor on Jurasic Park, the first one)
He tested his fire, and was almost supprised to find it worked normaly.

(say, does oni or jericho enjoy the occaisional cigar?               
Been dying to make flame say "Need a light?"
Huzzah for starcraft. And the firebats.)

Jericho smiled and pulled a cigar out of his coat and proceeded to light it.

"This IS my signature."

Flame sat on the couch. Jericho's lighter wasnt working, and he looked annoyed. Flame looked over, "Need a light?"
Jericho looked over for a second, eyebrow raised. "Uh...Yeah sure." He held his cigar over, and Flame moved his hand over, flicked his thumb over his forefinger, as if he were igniting a lighter, a small flame came up, and lit Jericho's cigar. "Thanks"
"No problem" Flame said as he turned on the T.V. (Assuming you have one that is)

393 (edited by Valthonin Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:16 pm)

Chromium was relieved that Haze made it. He was about to go after her but she showed up just in time to stop him.

"So we make for Oni's now?" He asked Haze.

"Yea, lets fly so we get there quicker."

Chromium walked over to Haze and he put his arms around her and she did the same. He looked into her eyes for a brief moment, and she looked into the pits of pure white light that were his eyes. He then looked up and blasted off into the sky.

Just as Chromium left the cathedral he looked back at his Bell Tower home. He saw the one called Sunburn fly towards the tower and land on the top. He sat down and looked at the city below.

Chromium flew over to question him about his presence.

"Is that Sunburn? One moment Haze. I think he could be useful." Chromium told Haze

"Ok."

He changed course and flew over to the top of the cathedral and Sunburn looked up at the random new visitors.

"You are the one called Sunburn correct? What brings you here to the bell tower?" Chromium asked Sunburn.

(((Hey Night good job creating an Ice powered hero. I was wondering when one was gonna show up. I thought about creating an evil ice villain woman. but i can do that later now that there some balance with you.

Also, cool characters Dravage....by the way are you Dash?

PS, Mel, ealier in the thread i said something like "That was pretty serious." I wasnt refering to the Haze Chromium thing we talked about yesterday, i was talking about the death of darklight. Sorry i wasnt clear.)))

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

394 (edited by Night Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:21 am)

((Hey thanks Valthonin, yeah I like the idea of an ice showdown by the way, have fun with that))

"So...Frost, right?. When'd you get involved in this?" Don asked. "Acero told me you were out of the game."

"I was, dude, but man, these people need my help. They're up against a flippin' army of baddies, and they need all the help they can get. Besides, I haven't been ice boarding in a while. The most I've done with my cryo is put ice cubes in my coke."

"So you're with us?"

"Dude, did I not just say that?"

"Ummmm… sure. So what now?"

"I think we gotta find Haze, I just passed her a while ago, and she was crazy jumpy, man. Kept looking over her shoulder like there was a tidal wave behind her. She's the swing vote, man. I've been following her moves through my contacts, and nobody knows what the deal is with her. Bad girl, good girl, nobody knows. Anyhow, we gotta find her."

"So how the heck do we find her?" Don said, frustrated.

"Dude, chiilll. Heh heh, that's like, ironic. Just leave it to me, man..."

Luke: Your overconfidence is your weakness. Palpatine: Your faith in your friends is yours... Luke: Faith in yo mama. Palpatine: What was that?

((Thanks Valthonin, that means a lot. Even if they're on the same side, I'm still half hoping Chromium and Acero can have some kind of face off. And yes this is Dash. I presume we've RPed before?))

"Come in. Come in Cero! Do you read me?"

Acero was so intent on observing the hurried interaction between Frost and Don that he didn't realize HQ was trying to contact him.

"Acero!"

"Oni," put Acero simply.

"What do you mean Oni?" said the flustered technician. "No one can touch that guy. The note on the corpse was just to attract attention."

Acero was silent.

"Alright fine," said the voice reluctantly. "Oni... may be related to this thing. And if that's the case you're gonna need serious back-"

Acero cut the transmission right there. He worked alone. Partners may watch your back from time to time, but mostly their cavalier attitudes and dry sarcasm served as distractions. Acero figured he was better off on his own.

The hero rewrapped his chains around his arms and started looking for Haze's trail. Just because the girl had found a friend who could fly didn't mean she was untraceable.

Haze found herself somewhat loathe to leave Chromium's arms as she didn't know what sort of reaction they'd get from Sunburn. She had slightly detained him and Jack from escaping Oni. However they would have been a lot longer if not for her intrusion.

Sunburn looked somewhat lost, as he spoke Haze and Chromium found out why. "I've lost Jack, have either of you seen him?"

Haze shook her head, "Last time I saw him he was with you."

Sunburn snorted in frustration then looked at Haze. "So what's the deal with you?"

Haze smiled, "I'm the fence sitter, makes life more interesting."

BFFC Moderator

397 (edited by Sev Fett Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:08 pm)

Jack burst into Happy Harry's Bar.  He beelined it to Harry who was practicing some flair bartending and setting up drinks.  He put his much anger and hatred into his voice as he could.  Which wasn't too hard as he was full of it.  And he needed to vent.  "Where are they?"  He grabbed Harry by the collar and pulled him close.

"W-w-who?"

"Cut the crap Harry.  There is a meeting today.  I want part of it.  I'll ask you again, only once mind you," Jack pulled his new blade feeling the power course through him again.  He put it up to Harry's neck.  By this time the entire bar was silent, "Where are they?"

Harry was trembling uncontrollably, he seemed to be weighing to options, and to persuade him a bit Jack drew a little blood.

"They're in the back!"

"Smart man you are Harry."  Jack shoved him back down.  Passing a mirror he looked at himself.  There seemed to be something different.  His skin was paler than it usually was.  His eyes seemed to have changed.  Almost a shade of grey.  He looked at the sword and smiled with glee.  Spying the door to the back room Jack kicked the door in and entered.  He immediately saw Flame and Jericho.  Putting up his mental blocks he asked, "Mind if I join you?"

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Vandal convulsed within her bonds. There was power, such power and it certainly wasn't the lizard man this time. Vandal's thrashing caused the IV to come loose. Her movements slowed and her mouth opened in a scream before she woke up staring at the ceiling. Something truly evil had just entered the bar and Vandal needed to get away from it.

Vandal rolled off the bunk and onto the floor. She found that her body was like rubber and hard to control. She had to get out, she could tell that Death was coming.

BFFC Moderator

((Sorry for the double post, but I'm switching characters again...))

Haze froze and looked towards Happy Harry's, something strange was happening. Haze could feel something telepathically and that was odd, she couldn't do that unless around someone who was a telepath. "Sunburn do you have mental abilities?"

"Not that I know of." Sunburn said looking at her strangely.

"Then someone very powerful has just hit town and I suggest they're at Happy Harry's." Haze told.

BFFC Moderator

400 (edited by Sev Fett Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:58 pm)

Really not caring either way, Jack sat down on the couch anyway.  They were still awestruck.  Just then Oni entered stopping in his tracks.

"Hello Oni my friend.  Yes I know you are suprised.  So much has happened in the past few days, no?" Jack smiled.

"How did you remember?"

"Ah, that's my secret."

"You think you can come in here and end our little meeting-"

"On the contrary, bubelah I believe you say?  I have come to join it!  I came to a realization that I was fighting for the losers.  I would like to be a winner."

Flame burst in, "You expect us to believe that?"

"Ah yes I knew that would come.  But I am fully prepared to do whatever you ask.  I am your humble servant.  He made a theatrical bow demonstrating this, "Ask and ye shall receive."

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]