Re: RPG-Superhumans

((From suggestions in the Chat room yesterday, no he's not really dead but everyone thinks he is.))

Vandal lay twitching as her eyes were moving from side to side beneath her closed lids. Images came to her and she could feel minds around her but things were hazy, she could wake no matter how hard she tried. All she could do was reach out and briefly touch other’s minds.

Vandal was growing frustrated as she was unable to manipulate anyone enough for them to release her. The beings around her were dark minds, none would help her, she needed to find her allies but chances of that were slim.

The silver man had knocked her down and flattened her like a bug. Vandal would make him pay, for surely it was him who now had her strapped down and sedated.

Vandal flexed her fingers only to feel a fresh wave of sedative flow through her. Her mind grew even more foggy and quiet once more.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

352 (edited by Sev Fett Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:53 pm)

Jack sprinted off in the direction that Void left.  "Sunburn where are some locations in this direction?"

"Well, we have a cement facility on the outskirts of town!  It's the only one in the area."

"Time to really haul."  After about five minutes of straight sprinting Jack began to tire.  Just then Starbright ((Can Starbright fly?)) flew up beside them asking what was going on.

"I heard Darklight is in trouble!  What can I do to help?"

"Stay away.  You'll just get in the way."

"Why do you care about Darklight so much anyway?"

Jack sighed, "When my superhuman parents died I was a mess.  I was careening closer to villainy every day. Darklight, my best friend at the time was concerned he showed me the light so to speak.  He pulled me out of the dark times.  And I owe him my life for that.  We need to get there fast!  Do you think you can get me there faster?  By flying?"

"I'll try... But you look a little heavy."  Starbright picked him up struggling to keep him up but managed to speed along faster than he would have running.  They were about to arrive at the cement when Jack noticed a pedestrians grouped around a crowd.  And then he saw it Darklight neck's being snapped by Void.  And then VOid and Darklight's body dissapeared.

"NO!  Let me go!"  Jack hit the ground running bodychecking several people in white out of the way who were about to grab a sword.  Jack remembered who they were.  He ran the nearest man through with his katana who was bending over picking.

The one who appeared to be in charge face grew dark. "We meant you no harm! What did you do?"

"I'm sorry!  One of your members attacked me a while ago.  Relfex.  Now where is Void?"

"Who?"

"Void the one who kiled Darklight!  Was there anything on the scene? 

"There was a sword..."

Jack saw the sword and snatched it up.  Immediately he felt good.  Too good.  Stronger.  Faster.  More aware.  But most of all a terrible hatred for Void was burning up inside him.

"I'll kill him."  He stowed the sword and made his way back the city.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

((Darklight died in the streets, not in the assassin’s headquarters.  And Void took his body with him; there is no remaining corpse.  And the two civilian casualties are spaced out, over the course of a major street’s sidewalks.))

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

((Muahahahahahahaha! *cough* Sorry, I couldn't resist.))

"This IS my signature."

Don jogged along on the side walk getting stares from passing by civves, he ignored them and tried to find a building he could recognize. "Oh no no no no... this is so wrong, thoses stupid scientists sent me back to far! Those idiots!" He yelled in frustration, but his helment was sound proof so it didnt matter. He saw a large croud and some people in uniforms massing around someone with a sword. He decided to ask one of the men in uniforms what year it was...

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

((14 pages for our first super-casualty, not bad.))

Oni sat in his private living quarters, massaging his temples. It was rare for him to remove his mask, but the door was locked so Oni felt safe. He swallowed another handful of painkillers.

Vandal. he thought. Never realized how appropriate the name was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up above in the bar, Happy Harry was setting out drinks for the happenings to take place later that nice. Earlier, he had seen a bartender on TV spin a bottle in the air several times, while spinning hiself around and still catching the wine bottle. Harry decided to try to perform it. Surprisingly, it wasn't so hard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starbright continued searching for her boyfriend, carrying the one called Jack all the while. If anything happened to Darklight, there would be hell to pay.

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

(Yes, read Mando's last post)

"Sir, now that our base has been found, what shall we do?"

"Kill all lights on the surface. We're disappearing off the map for a little while."

"Yes, sir."

All lights above the ground at the cement complex immediately powered off. No matter how hard it was tried, not even a satellite could see this spot of land when the lights were turned off. No eye could see this complex either, super or normal.

359 (edited by Night Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:58 pm)

((Hey guys, a little *ahem* late, I know. But I was wondering if Icould jump in. Okay with you Ph34r?))

Luke: Your overconfidence is your weakness. Palpatine: Your faith in your friends is yours... Luke: Faith in yo mama. Palpatine: What was that?

((I'll leave Ph34r to decide...))

Haze watched as Chromium and Starbright shook hands. Then suddenly, Starbright turned her head and shot into the sky.

“That was rude,” Haze said as she watched her cousin fly off.

“I’m guessing she got an inkling as to where Darklight is,” Chromium said as he lowered his hand. “Do you think we should follow her?”

Haze shrugged, “She’ll call if she needs me. Besides Elmo will disown me if I don’t feed him. How about I meet you back at the Bell Tower in half and hour?”

“I have a feeling you’ll get into trouble if I don’t go with you.” Chromium said.

“I’m only going home,” Haze pointed out.

“You might get mugged,” Chromium said in response.

Haze laughed, “Oh that attempt has already been made.” As if to make a point Haze lifted Chromium off the ground but did nothing more.

“Okay, I get the point,” Chromium said. “I’ll wait. But I’m walking you to your door.”

“Deal,” Haze agreed and lowered him back to the ground. The pair walked along chatting until they reached Haze’s apartment building and then went their separate ways. Haze fed Elmo and gave him his due affection for leaving him for so long with out food and love.

Haze sat down on her bed, removed her boots and gave her feet a bit of a rub. Next she got undressed and had a shower. Once that was done she redressed. This time she selected one of her other ‘super’ outfits. She put on black tights and a chocolate brown skirt. She put on a long sleaved dark orange shirt which hugged her form nicely and then slipped on a pair of matching orange boots that stopped just below her knee. She was in her usual colours.

Haze then raided the fridge for a snack and decided on a chocolate bar. As she left her apartment she thought she saw someone in the shadows but dismissed it. She was getting paranoid.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

361 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:35 pm)

Don walked up to the closeest person in the crowd. "hi...uh can you tell me what year it is?" The citizen just stared at his rifle. "Look its not a hard question!" yelled Don The woman (for the citizen was a woman) cringed and backed away. "Oh, good god why couldnt this helmet have a calendar..." moaned Don. He walked up to the next person, and tried again...

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Flame had woken up again. Someone was outside, he tried to yell, but his mouth had been taped shut, like an animal control officer would tape a crocodile or an aligator's mouth shut. It was very degrading. He could only manage muffled yells, which you could hear about a foot away from the room he was trapped in, if you listend very carefully.
His powers were still not working, there was apparently somthing in whatever had been slipped to him. He could, however get a very vauge sense of people, when they were near.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Night wrote:

((Hey guys, a little *ahem* late, I know. But I was wondering if Icould jump in. Okay with you Ph34r?))

((Fine by me, just try to keep up with the hefty amount of continuity. wink ))

Oni was getting impatient. Where were his cohorts in crime? Jericho was present and accounted for, but Flame and Voidhunter were missing.

Oni decided to go searching.

Flame had been haning from a bar or somthing by his wrists for quite a while. Luckily he was a little tall, so he could stand. He had tried to kick the door down. It didnt move, he was tired, and he  went into a slight doze.

365 (edited by Night Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:31 pm)

((Hey, no worries, I spent the entire day reading the thing... Okay, new character))
Character: Frost
Affiliation: Hero
Appearance: White winter camo, kind of a snowboarder dude
Personality: Surfer type, likes to joke around, and even though he comments a lot when fighting, he’s deadly accurate
Powers: Has the ability to conjure ice from moisture in the air. Also is an amazing sniper, and has a rifle strapped to his back at all times

Frost decided to do something... He had been watching footage from super battle after super battle on the news, and finally told himself, I know I said I would never get into this again, but I can’t sit around waiting for these heroes get their butts kicked by a city’s worth of bad dudes at that meeting. Frost still had connections from his former life, and liked to keep tabs on “super” activity. Thus thinking, he got off his couch, put on his white thermal camo, grabbed his sniper rifle from the display on the mantelpiece, and headed out the door. He had heard about the death of Darklight, an old friend of his, and this was part of what had spurred him into action. Frost didn’t know where he stood in this thing yet, but he knew he had to go to Happy Harry’s…

Luke: Your overconfidence is your weakness. Palpatine: Your faith in your friends is yours... Luke: Faith in yo mama. Palpatine: What was that?

366 (edited by Dravage Tuesday, November 27, 2007 7:44 pm)

(If it's too late for me to join, don't sweat it. I'll delete the post if you tell me to.)

Character: Acero
Affiliation: Superhero
Appearance: The muscular Acero stands nearly six feet tall. A rough, metallic-colored jumpsuit fits loosely over his athletic frame and he stomps about in heavy terrain boots. Two titanium manacles on his wrists are attached to heavy chains that go down to his ankles and act as his only weapons. His by far most distinguishing feature is the steel mask secured to his entire face. The mask is sleek and narrow, but old and beaten from use. It contains holes only for his eyes and a rounded slit for his mouth. The impression is given that the mask was secured to Acero's face via the bolts on his forehead. A thick mane of black hair juts out wildly matting the back of his head.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … ics%29.png
Personality: Acero almost never speaks and moves slowly so as not to cause noise with his heavy attire. It is clear that this man became a hero not for the glory, but for his own strict code of justice behind his actions. No one is quite sure of Acero's intentions yet.

Acero stepped out from behind a building as the orange and brown girl disappeared into the heart of the city chewing on her candy bar. The link in his mask beeped once as he watched her go.

“Cero?” said the static-ridden voice. “Cero? You there?”

Acero made no reply other than breathing. He briskly turned a corner finding himself in a sort of market square. He set off among the stalls wrapping his chains around his wrists to secure them.

“You creep me out you big lug, y’know that? Anyway, you find the Haze broad yet?”

More breathing.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” said the voice. “We got sources saying she’s likely to meet up with some of the more notorious baddies. If that’s the case, then all you gotta do is take them out. Comprende?”

No answer. Then Acero gruffly whispered one word.

“Hero?”

“What?” exclaimed the voice surprised to hear a spoken answer. “Oh, the girl? Well we’re not sure exactly. As far as we know she’s one of the neutral ones. But don’t take any chances with her big man. There’s a rumor that one of her parent’s was an omega. Who knows what this bombshell could do.”

Acero had stopped in the middle of the square to listen to the last bit. People passed around him shooting curious looks as they went about their daily business. The agent’s eyes stared straight ahead oblivious to everything but the Headquarters’ instructions. When the man on the other end was finished, Acero reached a finger to the side of his mask and cut the transmission without another word.

367 (edited by Mandalorian Assassin Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:57 pm)

Darkness was absolute, unchanging.  The void was inside him, and he was the void.  He was master and slave, captor and captive, ruler and serf, both cowardly and brave.  His power was growing, his essence healed.  The time of retribution was soon approaching.  He had made the first move, now it was his opponent's turn.  Let the pawns do their work while the Titans duel.  He laughed quietly, and closed his portal of shadow.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

((Well, well, looks like this rp is experiencing a second coming...))

(yup somebody save me)

370 (edited by Mandalorian Assassin Tuesday, November 27, 2007 7:08 pm)

((New heroes and villains?  Well, hopefully the older ones don't all leave.  And I also hope they don't throw "too many" twists and turns into the mix.  My poor old brain might fry.  Then again...that might be a good thing...get rid of excess junk...This IS a good RPG, it is no small wonder that it should keep going, eh?  And I can't really save you right now, Adeptus; Void's busy gloating, and Darklight's kaput.  I may have to cut Void's celebration short.  Speaking of celebration, when's the whole super-villain meeting gonna happen, Ph34r?))

(*cough*ph34r/mel*cough*)

((Hey Dash, glad to see you made it wink I'm coming to Flame's rescue...))

The feeling of being followed didn’t ebb for Haze. She was really starting to get nervous and she didn’t want to reveal Chromium’s hideout to yet another super.

She walked around the markets and decided to take a detour passed Starbright’s apartment, at least then she might find out why her cousin had left in such a hurry. As Haze entered Starbright’s street she felt a familiar sensation. She stopped and looked around.

The sensation faded for a moment until Haze drew closer to Starbright’s apartment and she felt it again. Flame? she called with her mind.

BFFC Moderator

The voice in his head was distant, almost unheard. He tried to respond, but he could not respond with his own voice. He sent an image to Haze, and his captors voice, the drugs in his system almost slurring them together.

((the meeting will happen as soon as we save Flame's bacon.))
Oni flew around town, looking for his flaming compadre.

Flame? Bubelah? You hearin' me? Oni howled in his mind. The big lug had to be somewhere.

In time, Oni spotted Haze. Perhaps she could help.

"Haze, mon soeur, you seen Flame anywhere? Big guy seems to have gone AWOL."

--------------------------------------------------------

Back at the bar, Harry was preparing for the meeting. He knew how long Oni had been planning. How splendid it would be.

At this point in time, Sunburn had almost NO idea for what to do.  He had followed Jack around, when the kung fu guy found the sword in the ground, when they found out that Darklight was dead.  Now, he didn't know where to go, or what to do.... *I should go to that abandoned cathedral, it's nice and quiet there, I can get some time to think....*  He thought, and after he digested the thought, burst into flames and flew over to the cathedral.

Music is like candy. You have to throw away the rapping paper first.