Re: RPG-Superhumans

Haze sat back slightly surprised. “Wow, that certainly would be a hard thing to live with. But take solace in the fact that it wasn’t you who committed those acts.”

Tanis gave a slight nod but Haze could see that he wasn’t going to shuck the responsibility in just a moment’s repose.

So Haze continued, “I found the hardest thing for me was restraint. An angst teenager with superpowers doesn’t generally bode well. After the episode with my father I eventually went to live with my Aunt and Uncle, they are Starbright’s parents. They already knew that Maria had superpowers and had accepted it as a gift and a blessing. As you can image this only made me more angry.”

Tanis moved the pipe from his mouth, “I think everyone wants their parents to accept them for who they are.”

Haze nodded, “I knew I was never going to get that from my parents so it turned me against Maria for a while. I was so jealous that she had what I wanted and she didn’t seem to realise how lucky she was. As soon as I turned 18 and had a job I left that house. Starbright became a household name and was loved even more. By that stage I resigned myself to the fact that I would never receive such a welcome.”

“That must have been hard on you,” Tanis said sitting up straighter.

“Initially it was, but I came to terms with it. What people didn’t realise was that Starbright had limitations. One day she got caught up in some really bad stuff and I helped her out. Of course she got all the credit and suddenly Starbright had the ability to move things at her will. By this stage I didn’t care, she could have fame.” Haze said, the bitterness gone from her voice.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

327 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Monday, November 26, 2007 8:35 pm)

Flame was getting annoyed.The noise from above was rather loud, and he decided to leave. He used the side door, and began to wander around the city streets, cloaking device left back at Oni's base, forgotten. Thing were fine it was quiet and cool and no one was out. Very calming. He wandered, and soon all the streets began to seemingly blur together. He was not lost, he would find his way back.

He heard footsteps behind him. He did not turn around, there was only one person by the feel of it. Somthing hit the back of his head, and every thing went dark. He woke up about half an hour later, hands bound, and heavily drugged. He could see think and hear with some clarity, but he couldent do anything with his mind. Some one was in the room with him. They spoke. "Your the one whos trying to turn her arent you?" A woman's voice
"I wont let you. She would get hurt, or killed."
Flame tried to speak "W....Who?"
"Haze." The voice answered, and there was a sharp pain on the side of his head, then darkness agian.

(hope you dont mind if I use one of your people Mel. If you do, i can edit tomorrow)

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Voidhunter released Jack.  He was quicker to his feet than last time, that had got his friend kidnapped.  He quickly pushed himself the adrenaline only feeding his healing factor.  All bones were being mended.  He quickly pulled out some of his sidearms firing simultaneously at Oni, who was still dazed, and Voidhunter.  Void was in visible pain but honestly Jack wasn't sure if he was hitting Void or not.  Jack stowed his guns and pulled out his dai-katana and in one fluid motion slashed at Voidhunter.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Void allowed himself to liquiy, and he pooled to the ground in a puddle, Jack's blade singing past where he stood before.  In a fluid motion, he re-emerged, entangling Jack's feet, and tripping him.  With two tendrils pinning his arms, Void morphed his other arm into a very sharp looking blade, and poised it above Jack's throat.....

----

Darklight didn't understand what the assassin was trying to say.  He had tried to assassinate Darklight forty years ago?  That was impossible; Darklight was only in his early thrities.  He did not recall ever seeing the assassin before.  In fact, he was growing quite frustrated with his situation, and found he could do next to nothing; the lights kept his powers at a minimum ebb.  In anger and frustration, he shouted, both vocally and mentally, as loud as he could. 

----

Void's blade paused, bare inches from Jack's flesh.  He had felt something; a tingling in his mind.  Now what...?  Realization dawned on him, and he stood up, turned around, and ran off into the direction that the feeling felt like it was coming from.  Jack could die another day; he had bigger fish to fry.  "I'm coming or you Darklight," he snarled into thin air.  "I'm coming."

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Haze felt a twinge through her body. She couldn’t exactly explain it but it was almost as if Flame was hurt. That was odd, but perhaps their linking of minds had created some sort of bond. Haze had never been able to feel someone else’s thoughts from such a distance.

“What’s wrong?” Tanis asked.

“I don’t know, it’s weird but it’s almost like I have a connection to Flame and can feel that he’s hurt.” Haze said wondering if she made any sense.

“Why is that strange?” Tanis queried.

“I’m a telekinetic, I can feel objects with my mind and that’s how I move them. A telepath can feel emotions with their mind and influence those. I don’t really have much ability as a telepath, I can only do what I’ve learned via my telekinesis.” Haze said as she stood up.

“Perhaps something is wrong at Oni’s place.” Tanis said as he also stood.

Haze nodded, “I think we need to get over there, the meeting might have started early.”

((Adeptus, if you’re meaning Starbright go ahead, I didn’t actually create her, she’s Ph34r’s character. As for Vandal, I created her but she’s comatose.))

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Jack was amazed Voidhunter didn't kill him.  But when he heard what Voidhunter whispered his face blanched with fear.

I'm coming for you Darklight."

As Voidhunter left Jack was on his feet and about to go after them when he saw Sunburn battling Oni.  Jack was desperate.  Sunburn was in trouble and it guessing their location, more might come.  He made his choice, he sheathed his dai-katana, pulled out his shoto and katana and charged Oni.  "If I get this done fast enough maybe I can make it to Darklight!" he thought to himself.  He was suddenly no longer a jovial fighter.  He was all seriousness now.  A friend's life hung in the balance.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

As Haze neared the bar Tanis pulled her up. "I'm going to do the belt thing again."

Haze nodded and waited for him to transform into Chromium and then the belt, once he was around her waist she made her way in. To her surprise Flame's presence wasn't near. However Oni had his hands full. Haze let out a sigh and held all parties in the air away from each other. "Geez can none of you play nicely?"

BFFC Moderator

((I'm going to say that like 15 minutes has passed since Void left))

"Please let me go!  Darklight's in trouble!  That maniac captain Butthead over hear released is a crazed killer!  He has a personal Vendetta against Darklight!  We need to reach him before he reaches Darklight!  Please Haze!  I need your help!  I need you to let me and Sunburn go!  You can help us if you want but I need you to let me go!  A man's life hangs in the balance!  Even you as a neutral value life!"

Haze shook her head, "Always running away from me, geez. You still owe me for dinner."

Oni sniggered, "Oh man, don't you know the first rule of dating. You pay for the girl's meal. Haze you're lucky that I'm available."

Haze let out a sigh, "Oh brother."

BFFC Moderator

"You don't get it Haze!  It wasn't like that.  That's not why I left.  I felt...different last night.  I'm sorry if you took it like that.  Last time I was in love I was scorned.  She didn't understand me.  As soon as I told her I had an inkling of some mutant powers she ran.  And then my parents were killed protecting others.  By some villain.  That pushed me over the edge.  In that moment all love let me down.  So I was scared.  I didn't want to hurt myself or you.  It was selfish I know.  But I'll explain it all to you later!  Now Darklight life comes closer to an end every second we waste here!  Please Haze!"

Oni scoffed, "Touching story Jack.  But-"

"-Shut up!  If it weren't for you Darklight's life wouldn't be at stake.  Not that you care as a villain.  Please Haze!"

Haze shook her head. "The desire for love always seems to lead to pain." She moved Jack and his flaming buddy towards the door. "Go find Darklight or my cousin will be ticked off."

Oni looked annoyed, "I thought you were on my side."

"You can't choose your family members," Haze pointed out.

"Ah, you're not wrong there." Oni replied.

BFFC Moderator

Jericho walked in the back door, Desert Eagles in hand, examining the damage to the bar.
"Ok, What did I miss?"

"This IS my signature."

"Oh just the usual carnage between good guys and bad guys." Haze stated dryly.

"Damn it," Jericho cursed.

"So what did you end up doing with Vandal?" Haze asked.

BFFC Moderator

"She's downstairs on a metal slab with an IV in her arm."

"This IS my signature."

340 (edited by BFFC-Mel Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:50 am)

Haze cringed, "Doesn't sound pleasant."

"She doesn't deserve pleasant," Jericho snarled as he rubbed his temple in emphasis.

Haze nodded, her features turning dark. "There's some truth in that. For a hero she doesn't pull her punches."

Oni grinned like a crocodile, "See the heroes aren't what they seem to be."

"No one is ever who they seem to be." Haze countered.

Oni's grin changed, "You have an answer for everything."

Haze tilted her head slightly, "Perhaps." She could see that she was getting off side with Oni slightly and decided to give him a reminder of her power. She reached out with her mind and ran a caress from his feet to his head.

Oni looked surprised but not unpleased. "I like that sort of behaviour from you."

"That doesn't surprise me," Haze replied looking bored. "So when does this meeting start?"

"In a few hours. You're welcome to stay until then." Oni suggested.

Haze pretended to consider it, "Where's Flame?"

Oni let out a sigh, "I don't know, he went out."

A chill went through Haze, "I'll see if I can find him. Can't have him missing the meeting."

Haze walked out, somewhat disgusted with her behaviour, she shouldn't have done that. She felt angry and stupid. Oni would surely think she was a bit of fluff now. It took her a moment to realise that Chromium had detached himself from her and had returned to his humanoid form.

"You seem angry," he said stopped behind her.

Haze turned, "I did something stupid."

"What exactly?" Chromium asked.

"I flirted with danger a little too much," Haze admitted.

"I didn't notice much in the way of flirting on your part, Oni is another kettle of fish all together." Chromium said.

"I played on his flirtations." Haze said running a hand through her hair while gritting her teeth.

"How exactly?" Chromium asked not understanding.

Haze looked at him. "Can you feel anything through that... stuff?" she said looking at his metal skin.

"Yes, why?" Chromium said taking a step forward.

Haze mimicked the move she pulled on Oni. She ran a caress with her mind from Chromium's feet to the top of his head. He looked as surprised as Oni. "Now do you understand?"

((Here's what I imagine Haze to look like: http://prisonbreakfan.free.fr/galerie/a … _holly.jpg ))

BFFC Moderator

341 (edited by Ph34r Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:15 am)

"Saucy." Oni said as he watched Haze depart.

"So, fashionably late as always, I see." Oni turned his attention to Jericho.

"Hey man, I was a little busy ."

"Well, then I guess I can excuse you."

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

((Wait...What?))

"This IS my signature."

Edited.

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

The Elder Assassin was still staring with a menacing smile on his face. "Oh that's right, you're not that old yet, I must be confusing you with another. All I remember in my old brain is chasing down some caped-weirdo a while ago. Still, you're lucky my apprentice got to you before others could."

"Others?"

"Competition. Other "Assassin" groups. They're so pitiful, they don't deserve the name. Our Order is the only one completely shrouded in mystery. You should be thankful for this. Had another group caught you, you'd most likely be caught by some local authority force. Now while you're here, enjoy the light."

With those words, Altair and the Elder left the room while the light grew stronger.

Chromium was feeling a bit light headed after the caress Haze gave him. He hadn't been touched in such a way for some time. It was relaxing, and boy did he have tension...

He was recognizing Haze's beauty with every time they met. She was very wise, quick, open minded and beautiful. He shook her image from his mind however, this was not the time for him to be thinking of such things.

"Are we really going to look for Flame? Or was that just an excuse to leave?" He asked Haze, his metallic voice reverberating gently in her ears.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

346 (edited by Mandalorian Assassin Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:19 pm)

((Here we go people.  Retribution))
Void quickened his pace.  The presence in his mind was in pain; Darklight was being hurt.  Not fair.  Only he was allowed to hurt Darklight.  Void shadowstepped, flitting from one shadow to another, as fast as he could.  The presence in his mind grew stronger, and he shifted direction until the tingling turned into an all out thumping.  He followed the feelings of pain until he came to the outskirts of the city, and a cement mixing facility.  It was coming from below him.  He liquefied, and seeped through the cracks in the pavement, sliding like a memory through the chinks in the armour of the earth.  As always, the sensation was slightly uncomfortable, and disorienting, but he lived through it.  He found himself in an underground complex.
He blended in with the shadows around him, shadowstepping from one end of the corridor to another.  He passed silently by a pre-occupied man, and barely resisted the urge to tear him to ribbons.  Darklight felt like he was close by.  And in pain.  The only thing that could cause pain of that magnitude for that length of time was immense quantities of light.  Which wouldn’t be good for Void.  So he set about finding and disabling the power generator.

Darklight writhed in pain.  The light was everywhere, and in such quantities, that it actually physically hurt him.  Normally it would just weaken him.  He tried to free himself from the metal bonds, but to no avail.  Suddenly, he heard a thud, and the lights, mercifully, flickered once…twice…three times.  And then they went out, plunging the room into black nothingness.  He felt his power returning to him, but slowly; too slowly for his liking.  He felt suspicious; if the man was a master assassin, then why would he allow a simple power generator to fail?  He heard the hiss of a door opening, silently, but could see nothing.  Suddenly, he felt cold, and afraid, for the first time in years he felt afraid of the dark.  He knew this feeling.  He knew what caused it.  A voice whispered into his ear.

“Are you afraid of the dark, Nick?”

He felt tendrils of a cold substance flowing around his limbs, snapping the metal bonds into tiny pieces.  He was lifted off of the table gently, and hung suspended in the air, unable to see his mysterious rescuer.  He knew he didn’t want to see who it was.

“What are you doing here, Void?”  His voice was weak.

“Why ask a question to which you already know the answer?”

The tendrils constricted, sending jolts of pain throughout Darklight’s body.  He winced beneath his mask, gritting his teeth against the burning pain.

“You can’t kill me Void.  If you could have, I would be dead right here, right now.  I know you too well.”

“You live only upon my pleasure, Nick.”

He threw Darklight against the wall, slamming the breath from his body.  Before the hero could react, a hammer-headed tentacle slammed into him, again, and again, bashing him mercilessly.  Another joined that tendril, and then another, and another, tendrils lashing out at him from every direction, ruthlessly hammering away at him.  The wall cracked, and the tendrils looped around his limp form, and threw him with all of Void’s considerable power through the ceiling.  A series of subsequent blows and strikes forced him up higher, and higher, until he broke through the roof, and fell to the pavement of the complex above him.  He tried to stand, but fell once more to his knees.  A cloud of shadow erupted fro the newly made hole in the ground, and coalesced into the form of a man, coloured as black as space, with tendrils waving in the air behind him.
Void took Darklight’s jaw in his hand, and seemed to chuckle, before flinging him aside, into the wall of the cement mixing plant.  Darklight felt some bones breaking, and crumpled to the ground below him.

“Let that be a lesson to you, hero.”  Void’s whispering voice held a note of derision and mockery, as if he disdained the title.  Multiple tendrils shot from his shadowy body, and wrapped around Darklight, securing the hero to his back.

“Come on now, we’re going to make a house call.  I hope you live long enough to see every little detail of it…”

As he walked through the shadows, appearing in other shadows farther along every time, he decided to allow himself a reward.  A razor tipped tendril shot from his shadowy body, and stabbed right through the body of a man walking on the sidewalk, killing him in an instant.  He laughed quietly, and continued on, ignoring the crowd that gathered around the fresh corpse.

“What do you want with me?”  Darklight’s weak voice finally piped up again.

“Everything, Nick.  I want you to give me everything…”

And then he constricted his tendrils, crushing Darklight beneath their power.  He heard a satisfying snap of a bone breaking, probably the neck.  His mission was accomplished; he was free at last.  He laughed again, and speared another innocent bystander in his glee.  He blended into a nearby shadow, the body of Darkligth still held within his grasp.  And then, in the blink of an eye, he vanished, but not before he opened a portal to a place of darkness, from whence his power flowed.  He took forh the only solid item in that land, and shove it into the sidewalk.  There; he had left a calling card for the poor sucker who would find it.  He tore of a piece of his essence, and bound it to the evil sword that he had called forth.  And then, and only then, did he finally leave, Darklight's corpse in tow.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

( im starting a new character since im getting bored with out being able to have a decent conversation with some one in the game... demon characters are like that)

Name: Don Kal
Personality: Hard, and unforgiving of mistakes made in a combat area, doesnt have a sense of humor, unwinds from combat with more combat, takes slight pleasure in taking out his enemys, 'lives in the zone' and wont hesitate to tell what he thinks of you...or kill you
Allegiance: None

Appearance: Muscular body, shaved head, dark blue eyes, (skin is pale since he spends 80% of his time in his armor)

Armor/Suit type: The Theta-class battle suit is made of durable bullet proof fibers, mixed with metal plates to provide protection and maneuverability. The suit also harbors alot of circuitry for its systems (this is stored on Dons back, in a back pack like package pretected by armor)

Armor/Suit Appearance: The bullet proof fibers are a dark black, and the metal plates are a light blue, the armored helmet is a metalic grey and the visor shape is a horizontal diamond while its color is black

Armor/Suit abilities: The Theta-class battle suit features a advanced Heads-Up-Display, scaners and a personel AI unit to give strategic advise and moniter the suits status. The suit also give the ability to: Stop, Reverse or Slow down time

Weapons: Assualt rifle, Rist flame thrower (flame thrower runs on light weight energy cells to rid the user of having to carry liquid fuel, and has more uses), 4 Proton grenades and a small plasma pistol

Background: As military commando, Don Kal has become a harden veteren of the 3rd World War and other small time skirmishes. Don was selected for a program designed to tamper with the Space-Time continum to prevent a bloody civil war that is destroying the earth itsself. But due to the unfortunate incedent Don's suit has reversed time more than 150 years into the past... much farther than intended. Now he is stuck in an alternant time, with a damadged suit and unable to return to his own time. (Dons ability to control time has been reduced significantly. He can now only control time for very limited periods)

Don's eyes blinked open. He was in a trashed alley with muck and other stuff he didnt want to know about. He tried standing up, his legs were shaky but he managed, he tried to remember what had happened:... he was in the the Time control room... they were about to send him back in time...there was a flash...and now this. That didnt make any sense. He walked out the alley and looked up at the skyscrapers. "Oh crap...this is not right.."

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

A huge crowd stood around Darklight's corpse, as the backup generator was being powered on.

"Damn, I wanted to be the one to do it."

"Look, sir, a sword."

"You, touch that sword."

"Me? Sir, I'm not so sure that's a good idea."

"You dare disobey an Elder?"
The lights flickered back on.
"No, Your Honor Altair. I dare not disobey."

"Then do it."

Everyone crowded around the soldier and the sword. Three corpses in total were found. Sweating, the soldier made way to the sword. Closer, closer he reached for the hilt. It couldn't be all too bad, it's only a sword. A sword right next to the cadaver of the Assassin's Order's PE#1. Oh, what the Hell.

It was the soldier's last mistake.

“We are going to look for Flame. I don’t know if we’ll find him, but I’ll at least try. I owe him a favour.” Haze told and noticed that Chromium seemed more at ease then she’d seen him previously.

The pair searched the areas that Haze knew held the criminal element, but she just couldn’t find Flame’s presence.

Haze was leading Chromium out of the west district when she remembered that she needed to go home and feed Elmo again. “I need to go home.”

“Huh?” Chromium asked surprised.

“I need to feed my cat and get changed, I’m probably starting to smell.” Haze said as she looked at her crumpled outfit.

“You have a cat?” Chromium asked with a raised brow.

“Yeah, is there something wrong with that?” Haze said almost challengingly.

“No, I just thought you the independent type.” Chromium explained.

“Why do you think I have a cat rather than a dog?” Haze asked in return.

Chromium shrugged, “A dog wouldn’t fit in your apartment?”

Haze chuckled, “It would be an awkward fit. I actually found Elmo in a garbage bag one night. I took pity on him and decided to keep him.”

Chromium smiled but didn’t say anything. Haze found herself wondering what he was thinking. Before she could ask Haze heard footsteps behind her, she turned to see Starbright.

“I can’t find Darklight,” Starbright said concerned.

“I haven’t seen him for hours.” Haze admitted.

Starbright suddenly noticed Chromium, “So is this your friend who’ll keep you on the straight and narrow?”

“Yeah, that’d be him.” Haze said then introduced them, “Starbright this is Chromium. Chromium this is Starbright.”

BFFC Moderator

(....?...that was pretty serious. Could you elabprate really quick? Is Darklight dead?)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.