426 (edited by Ph34r Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:06 pm)

Re: RPG-Superhumans

"You..." Oni snarled, regaining his composure. "You sent me...to hell. A little too early, might I add." Oni unsheathed his wristblades. And he knew Vandal would attack him again. He countered by thinking up the most dreadful thoughts he could imagine. Vandal, disembowled in a ditch surrounded by locusts. Children burning on an apolcalyptic city street. Maggots crawling over the heroine's own body. She recoiled in horror of what Oni could dredge up.

"A door opened can be travelled through both ways. You'd make a great villain, you know." Oni stated, smugness filling his voice. He began screaming random numbers in his head. 3! 47! 1110000! 3.141758642938! Pi! English Muffins! Charcoal! Frank Sinatra!

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

427 (edited by BFFC-Mel Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:22 pm)

Vandal laughed at Flame. “You don’t think you can harm me with your mediocre power do you?”

Vandal took the opportunity to amplified Flame’s own feelings and turned them back on him. Flame gritted his teeth and tried to bare it. Vandal twisted the memories to make them worse than they actually had been and stormed off before the reptilian could grasp at her again.

Vandal flinched at Oni's attack but she'd had worse. She also sent a jolt of psychic energy through Oni and quickly departed.

-

Haze met Vandal at the exit. “Get out of my way,” Vandal warned.

“You attacked me for no reason before,” Haze pointed out standing her ground.

“I didn’t know who you were. Now I do. For Starbright’s sake, move.” Vandal snarled.

“Keep Starbright out of this.” Haze said stepping forward.

Vandal’s face turned sombre, “Starbright is already out. Go check the roof, you won’t like what one of your new friends has done.”

Haze blinked suddenly concerned, “Tell me.”

“The Voidhunter has killed your cousin.” Vandal said stepping around Haze who now stood unmoving.

“Why?” Haze whispered.

“Because he’s evil, that’s why.” Vandal told then ran off, leaving Haze standing alone with a building anger.

((Fixed the post, hope it makes more sense))

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

428 (edited by Mandalorian Assassin Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:46 pm)

((it's VoidHUNTER.  Or you could call him Void; that's easier.  Okay, I got it now.  Thanks.  Sorry, I'm slightly touchy about characters' names...My apologies if I came off as a bit too snobbish.))

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

(hmmm. Flame will have his revenge....as soon as he gets up....)
Flame staggered up. He could function, and he ran after her, pushing past Haze, he drew the sword, and ignited his other hand. He caught her, and yelled. She turned, and grinned, assuming that he could not do anything to her. He sent her the worst experiance, and she screamed, and collapsed.
(Flame was human once, imagine having your bones reshaped, while you were kept awake with drugs. Kinds that wont dull pain.)

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Haze saw Flame prepare to make the final blow and stopped him with her mind, Don't. She voiced to him simply.

Flame looked at her, Why?

I need to see if she was right about Starbright. Haze told and made her way to the roof.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

431 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:28 pm)

What? Flame asked, remotly confused as to why his revenge was being interupted.
While he waited, he took all the false memories Vandal had caused, and gave them back, causing her to moan, and curl into a fetal position, whimpering.

Haze climbed her way up the ladder to the roof and stopped as she reached the top. There was blood and lots of it. Two chunks lay on the ground and they wore the colourful outfit that had been Starbright’s.

Haze walked forward and saw her cousin’s beautiful face staring blankly into the sky while her mouth remained open in what could only be described as shock.

A sob tore through Haze as she dropped to the ground. She covered her face with her hands as she tried to stop the tears from rolling. She felt Chromium start to move around her waist and she placed a hand over his form, “No stay there.” She said simply.

Haze jumped as she felt a hand on her shoulder, I didn’t know. Flame’s voice said quietly in her head.

Vandal said it was Void who did this. Haze voiced back to him. “I can’t even take her body back to her parents, not like this.” Haze said out loud.

BFFC Moderator

All was darkness.  The shadow claimed even the brightest of souls.  In the end, everything fades into black.  He smirked as he watched the events unfold at the bar from his vantage point from the sniper's shadows.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

"I can help you find what did this, you can have your vengance." He turned her away from the corpse. He crouched, looking at the body. He reached out, put his fore and middle finger on her eyelids, and closed them.

Haze stood looking out into the distance with tears running down her face. She’d just started to connect with Starbright and now she was gone. Haze wanted to tell her Aunt and Uncle of Starbright’s fate, she thought they deserved to find out off her rather than the media.

Haze turned to look at Flame, he’d mentioned vengeance but right now Haze felt like something inside her had died. Besides she only had Vandal’s word that Void had done this. It could have been a ploy to have her go against the human shadow but Haze doubted it. There had been truth in Vandal’s eyes.

“I need to talk to Vandal. I need to know what she knows.” Haze told Flame.

Flame didn’t look happy, “Vandal’s our enemy. Remember what she did to you.” He said as he touched the side of her face.

“I know, but she’s the only one with any answers.” Haze reminded him.

Flame nodded rather reluctantly.

“I need to go.” Haze said as she headed back towards the ladder.

“I’ll come with you,” Flame told.

“No, I’m going alone. I need to tell Starbright’s parents that their daughter is dead.” Haze said coldly.

Flame stepped back at her attitude. “Okay, I’ll bundle up Vandal and you can talk to her when you get back. Oni’s not going to be happy.”

“Is Oni ever happy?” Haze said, not really wanting an answer as she departed.

-

Haze was three blocks away before she felt Chromium shifting from around her waist. He appeared beside her and reached out to stop her from walking any further. Haze opened her mouth to protest but Chromium pulled her into his arms for a hug.

Haze found herself wrapping her arms around him in response. She needed comfort right now more than anything. She was unsure just how long she stood their holding him and being held. “There was no reason…” Haze started.

“Shh, now is not the time to ask why. Now is the time to grieve.” Chromium said to her as he cradled her head against his shoulder.

“I want to go home.” Haze said quietly between sobs.

She felt Chromium draw her closer and then she felt the breeze and realised that they were flying. It took no time to get back to her apartment block. Chromium shifted back into Tanis as they stood in the alleyway. “I don’t know which one is your apartment.”

Haze led Tanis into the building and up the stairs to her apartment. She didn’t hesitate in letting him in, it seemed he was her only friend at that moment. Elmo was immediately at her feet rubbing around her as if sensing her distress. Then he noticed Tanis and walked over to sniff him.

Tanis picked up Elmo and gave him a scratch behind the ears. “Do you need anything?” Tanis asked Haze.

She shook her head. “I’m going to have a shower. It might clear my head. I’ll call my Aunt and Uncle then.”

Tanis nodded in understanding and left her to do what she had to.

BFFC Moderator

Flame carried Vandal back to Oni's base.
"Wait, you were supposed to kill her"Oni said, enraged.
Shut up.

Flame took her into the room she had occupied before, and dropped her on the table, he moved into the shadows, the only trace of him the slight shine from coin he was flipping, and the reflection from his eyes.

She woke up later upon sensing him she stood, and looked ready for combat. "Relax. A freind wants you alive. You may remember her. She wants to talk to you, but she may be a while, so I sugest you take a seat." She looked like she was going to run out. Flame stopped her. "Remember what happened earlier, I can, and will do that agian." She sat down, and he leaned against the wall, eyed closed, thinking.

437 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:42 pm)

Don wondered the streets. He needed a drink, he passed by a number of real fancy pancy bars, but he didnt want a fancy one he wanted a good old fashioned dump. Just so he could drink a few and maybe get drunk. He decided to try out a bar called: Happy Harrys.

He walked through the doors and looked around: where the hell was the barteder?....where was anyone?

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

438 (edited by Lord Revan Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:46 pm)

Jericho sat in the back room of the bar with his rifle aimed at the wall. He peered through the scope, looking around for a spot to appear, but got nothing. Jericho smirked and looked through the Infared X-ray scope again, but this time, he saw something. It was almost human-shaped, warping slightly.

"What the hell is that?" Jercho pulled the trigger...it was like thunder. The walls were scorched from the muzzleflash alone...15 feet away.

He was puzzled at first, it looked like a spattered outline of a person right next to where he shot.

((That's you Night. And what I shot was Voidhunter, he splattered all over you.))

"This IS my signature."

439 (edited by Dravage Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:35 pm)

The Void super had ruined everything. The chief was not going to be happy.

The occupants of the bar sprang from their chairs as the roof of Happy Harry's exploded. Acero had transformed. His boots slammed into the table cleanly breaking it into two. There was a whooshing metallic sound as his hands gleamed silver and the eyes beneath his mask became smooth and glossy. He was steel; living steel. Nothing could hurt him now, nothing could melt him. He was invincible. The remaining villains stared at the newcomer surrounded by rubble in shock.

Finally the one called the Colonel got the sense to attack.

"Hero..." he coughed bitterly as dust from the obliterated roof settled down to the bar floor. He leaped forward throwing a confident punch at the assailant.

Acero's right chain was around the Colonel's wrist before it was halfway to his face. Without the slightest effort, the hulking, metal warrior flicked his arm behind him sending the unfortunate Colonel flying into the back wall.

Guns were aimed at him in a second. A thick barrage of bullets rebounded uselessly off every inch of Acero's body. Villains were still squeezing triggers when their clips ran out. Acero lowered himself into a battle stance as his chains became deadly spinning fans.

Bodies were flying left and right with no remorse. When all the men were down, Acero turned to the doorway to see Oni and Jericho striding in; the latter already has his weapon trained on him.

Acero raised an arm to point at Oni. The chain swayed back and forth from his manacled wrist menacingly. The hero pressed the button on the manacle and the rotating head of the chief of police sprang into view.

Oni lowered his head slowly taking a cautious step into the room.

"Aleksander Uy," said the recording of the chief. "You are under arrest for conspiracy against the League of Heroes. Stand and desist. You have the right to remain silent..."

Naturally, Acero didn't like saying the speech which is why he'd had the hologram installed into his wrist piece. Still, it didn't really matter. He didn't really expect Oni to come queitly. He'd almost be disappointed if he did.

440 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:46 pm)

(sory, but flame is watching Vandal, making sure she dosnt try anything.)

"So, what happened?" Flame asked, trying to pass the time.

441 (edited by Mandalorian Assassin Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:04 pm)

Void was getting edgy; he'd been waiting here for quite a while, and it wasn't easy to keep oneself to the consistancy of a shadow, and repress an aura of fear at the same time, and this sniper wasn't even targetting the doorway.  He had caught a glimpse of a silver streak rising into th sy a minute or so ago, but other than that, there was nothing of any interest.  He was almost contemplating returning home, but in the end decided against it. He would wait this one out.  I didn't go quite as he planned.

The sniper was lucky, and the missile that exploded from the building missed him, but tore a gash through his shoulder.  However, Void wasn't so lucky, and got hit head on. The impact was followed by a sound akin to thunder.  The bullet (if it could be called that) struck, sending fiery streams of pin throughout his body, and flinging pieces of his essence in all directions, much of it landing on the sniper's shocked form.  Ouch.  That one had hurt.

Vandal watched the scaled man with slitted eyes. She didn’t trust him and wondered who his ‘friend’ was. As she sat she started shifting through the images thrown back at her and sorted them into useful categories. Vandal wasn’t fazed. She’d been horrified at the feelings the images had induced, but the images themselves weren’t anything she hasn’t seen before.

Vandal had seen much pain and suffering in her time. Because of this she had sided with the heroes. The villains never knew the pain they inflicted, they only new the glorification it gave them.

Vandal glared at Flame, repulsed by his very presence. No friend of yours, would be a friend of mine.

Flame didn’t answer, instead he ran off at Oni’s beckoning.

“Paracite,” Vandal snarled standing and catching the door before it slammed shut.

Vandal smiled as she realised she wasn’t alone, another hero had joined the fight and she was happy to assist. Vandal charged in after Flame, he stood with Oni and Jericho and aimed at the steel man that Vandal recognised as Acero. She’d never fought with him but she’d heard the rumours.

I will fight with you, my friend. Vandal voiced to Acero telepathically then she prepared to fight. At that moment Vandal sent a high pitched squeal through the minds of all the villains and grinned as they all tried to block it by holding their ears.

((Sorry Adeptus, I liked this post too much wink ))

BFFC Moderator

Void was concentrating, hard. He hd to pull his essence back together, before that shooter shot his pieces to, well, pieces.  The globs of goo slowly moved towards each other, as they worked to reform his body.

Flame watched the others try to block the noise, he went along, hoping that she was stupid enough to belive it. He turned quickly, and let a cone of fire spray from his hand, at the same time, he began to send random images to Vandal, trying to confuse her.

Vandal had been ready for Flame’s mind assault. Her barriers were up and she’d been yet to meet a telepath who could get passed them once they were at full capacity.

Vandal leapt and hovered in the air as Flame shot a few fireballs her way. Touchy, aren’t you? And here I was thinking that you wanted answers for your friend.

Shut up and stay still. Flame growled back at her.

Vandal pushed off a wall and bounced into the pit of villains who were shooting at Acero. It was potential suicide for a telepath who had no healing abilities but Vandal had a plan. She slotted herself behind Acero’s metal body, which shielded her from the gunfire. “Hey buddy, I’m here to help.”

Acero said nothing but Vandal stayed at his back. She tricked several villains into believing that the person next to them was their enemy. She laughed as they fired upon each other. Five of Oni’s would-be colleagues were now dead.

BFFC Moderator

446 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:40 pm)

"HOLY SHIZZ BALLS!!" yelled Don as he dove behind a turned over table for cover. Bullets and other assorted weapons were flying all over the place directed at the werid man in metal swing chains all over the place and killing people. Right after he begain to get his barrings, a loud screaching noise blew up inside his head. He yelled in pain, covering his ears. "Ok time for a redo..." Don checked his suits status: Green and ready to go. Don punched the button, and time was reversed. The ceiling repaired itsself and the man in steel flew upwards, and everyone returned to there seats backwards. Don ran through it all and went into one of the back hall ways as fast as he could before the suit short circuited. His suits alarms went off, and all of a sudden time retured to normal...then slowed down...then stoped...then went ultra fast...then the suit went out all together. "What the heck," Thought Don. "its not supposed to speed up time!" Don looked up and saw a guy with scales running down the hall at full speed, torwards him.

(( just so you know you dont have to repost, time is almost exactly where it was when the suit went out, give or take a few minutes))

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Haze sat on her bed with her towel wrapped around her. Her dark hair was wet and stuck against her left collarbone and down her sternum. She looked at the cordless phone in her hand. She had to ring them. They deserved to know.

With a shaky finger Haze dialed the number. Her Aunt answered the phone. “It’s Kaylene, I’ve got some terrible news.” Haze informed her Aunt of Maria’s death. The older woman burst into tears immediately. Haze didn’t divulge the details but said she had a suspect for Starbright’s killer.

Once the conversation was over Haze hung up the phone and placed it on the bedside table. There was a knock at her bedroom door. “Come in,” Haze said as she looked out the window.

Tanis stepped into the room, “Are you okay?”

Haze shook her head, “No. That was the hardest call I’ve had to make in my life.”

Tanis sat down beside her. “I know what it’s like to lose family.”

Haze looked at him. “I feel so bad because I never really got to know her.”

Tanis put an arm around her and drew her into a hug. “We all think we have all the time in the world to get to know our loved ones. It’s a terrible shock when we realise we don’t.”

Haze didn’t say anything, she just hugged him back not wanting to think anymore.

Tanis wasn’t blind to the fact that Haze was only wearing a towel. His right hand was on her bare back and he relished how soft her skin was. He shifted her closer and her wet hair brushed his face. He ran his left hand up her spine and to the nape of her neck turning her head to face him. “Don’t ever blame yourself for Starbright’s death. The burden is too much to live with.”

Haze looked directly into his eyes, her own eyes still tear filled. “You sound like you speak from experience.”

“Now is not the time to talk about it.” Tanis said wanting to drop the subject.

Haze took the hint. “Thank you for being here.”

“There’s no other place I’d rather be.” Tanis admitted.

Haze’s eyes moved to look at Tanis’ lips and he needed no further prompting, he leant forward and kissed Haze like a man starved for love.

BFFC Moderator

448 (edited by Night Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:47 pm)

((Is it hot in here, or is that just me? I think even Frost would agree with me...lol))

Something was wrong, Frost could feel it. Out of nowhere, darkness had, as weird as it sounded, splattered all over him. And the dread he felt in his gut was almost physically heavy. He rolled over, looking around, but saw only his shadow. "Look at that, you're so nervous you're scared of your own shadow... heh heh," Frost told himself nervously. He rolled back over into his prone position, looking across the expanse at the roof of Happy Harry's. He saw the severed body of Starbright, whom he had seen killed by some immense dark octopus-like mass. But had been unable to do anything as he couldn't figure out what to shoot at. After, Haze herself showed up after a short confrontation with Vandal, and mourned briefly over the body of Starbright on the rooftop. "Well," Frost said, "At least I know where Chromium's been hiding..." Then all hell had broken loose, the roof of Double H's had exploded, Frost thought because of Acero, and then shots and bodies were flying all over. "Party time, dude..." Frost said, then began unloading sniper rounds into random villains when he had the chance, yet always keeping an eye out for Oni, that liitle twerp was the one who forced Frost out of the game originally, framing him when a store clerk had been found frozen behind the counter, discrediting Frost. A hero has nothing if no one believes he's a hero. So, alert for the armored man... Frost still waited in the shadows, shooting into the fray all the while...

((Sorry I didn't post for a while, I was working for the last couple of hours...))

Luke: Your overconfidence is your weakness. Palpatine: Your faith in your friends is yours... Luke: Faith in yo mama. Palpatine: What was that?

449 (edited by Sev Fett Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:52 pm)

Jack was up on the rooftop observing Starbright's body.  Hm.  It didn't seem right.  He didn't think Void had the strength to tear someone in two.  He filed the thought into the back of his mind when he heard a thunder clap to his left.  He looked over and saw a hero in white camo he did not recognize.  And a black goo had just appeared from his shadow and was now all over the new hero.  Jack looked at the now shell-shocked hero and saw the goo slowly forming up again.  Until it resembled a man.  But it quickly jumped back into the hero's shadow when the hero turned around.  Jack smiled with glee.  Void!  He quickly made his way to the other building hoping from roof top to roof top with leg bones fracturing if the jump was a bit far but immediately healing.  He pulled out his gun and began firing at  Void.  He laughed to himself.  Must be pretty funny looking from the hero's perspective.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

((Sev, hasn't the roof exploded already?))

Luke: Your overconfidence is your weakness. Palpatine: Your faith in your friends is yours... Luke: Faith in yo mama. Palpatine: What was that?