The latest annual "Force Friday" merchandising stunt -- this time called "Go Rogue" -- begins at the minute Thursday night becomes Friday morning: midnight. *
As for Boba Fett merch, here are the highlights to look for when the event officially begins on Friday:
- Mattel has a new Hot Wheels car -- or "carship" -- featuring Boba Fett's Slave I. You can get it on Amazon and Target. You might be able to find this at places like Toys R Us, Target, or other bigger stores with toy sections. It's also available in a 4-pack, spotted before "Force Friday" at a Ross for $6.
- Hasbro has a new Black Series Titanium Series helmets 2-pack with Boba Fett and Boushh. These are miniature, non-wearable helmets. You can find this on Amazon, Hasbro Toy Shop, or get the whole wave via Entertainment Earth.
- Disney Store has another Project Legion helmet, this time with a Slave I inspiration — according to the product description. (See note below.) You can get it online at the Disney Store. Use code FREESHIP by Sunday 10/2 for free shipping. (Note: the product description was included in the German Disney Store website, but not the U.S. store, but we tracked it down to confirm the connection.)
Not Boba Fett related per se, but there are a couple Mando items:
- Hasbro's Micro Machines has a "Mandalorian Melee" set with Hera Syndulla and newcomer Fenn Rau.
On Saturday, Barnes and Noble bookstores teamed up with LEGO and they're doing an event for kids in all of the U.S. stores. The flyer for the event includes Boba Fett, BB-8, and R2-D2. It's always nice to see Boba Fett being promoted in the run up here for Rogue One.
* What's the deal with the broken embargo this year? Like last year, these toys began showing up with stores weeks and even a whole month early, but the box would often say "don't open until 9/30." That didn't stop a lot of sales from leaking early. Whoops. (Side note: we also posted a photo and link to one toy early, not knowing this marketing stunt, and soon thereafter received a lovely DMCA take down notice from Mattel.)