Re: RPG:Freedom Fighters

Richelle freshly cleaned and dressed, went back to the main room, to watch over things and clean her weapons. After every bit of action she cleaned and reviewed her equipment. She had seen fellow freedom fighters brought down by faulty gear, and she was determined for that not to be her. She had cleaned her guns many times, so it was a fast operation, not unlike the first time she tried to do it. Sam had gotten her the gun her first day in the resistance, and she was nervous to hold such a big gun for the first time.  Sam had shown her how to dismantle it, by showing her on his own rilfe, but when she tried to put it back together she just couldn't get it. Sam had gently taken her hands and gulded it over the weapon and showed just how to get it right. The thought now filled her with sadness and determination. If she sat there anylonger she would start crying, and those days were past her now. So Richelle got up, slug the rifle over her shoulder, and went towards the infirmary to check on the woman that she brought in earlier.

*ok maybe CA needs to post to help me out... or else i need some direction.... tongue Thanks *

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

(I'm really sorry I haven't posted in a while.)

Patrick could hear the distinct sound of attack helicopters in the distance. He knew he needed to get out of there quick. Patrick peeked around the corner of the building. Black smoke poured from the destroyed BTR T. Patrick could hear the yells of a Russian commander over gunshots. He saw the commander shoot a fleeing conscript. Patrick was horrified. He reloaded his MP-5 and peeked around the corner again. There were about seven Russians left plus a crippled BTR T. The sound of helicopters grew louder in the distance. Patrick breathed in, popped a smoke and threw his other satchel bomb under the BTR T. All attention was turned upon him. He narrowly avoided his own death, but he still wasn't safe. A few seconds later the BTR T exploded. taking out a nearby soldier. Patrick could hear the rebel on the other side open fire on the turned backs of the Russians.    There were three left that Patrick counted. And the sound of the copters still grew louder. Patrick knew he needed to get out of there quick.

"I look forward to killing you soon!" - Ask a Ninja NInja

(also im sorry i havnt posted, was the website down or something cuz it wouldnt let me on? :S)

Griffin noticed that the rogue soldier who was fighting single handely against the russians with outstanding effect now that the smoke had disappereard. the russians where confused and fatigued. running out of ammo too it seemed. with there armored vehicles destroyed they where running, a very disorganized retreat. the captain and two spetsnas soldiers remained. the captain was getting annoyed at his units incapablity. a whole unit pretty much destroyed by a single man. Griffin had been noticed by the captain. the muzzle flash from griffins SA80 gave him away. the captain fired two shots at griffin, hitting him in left fore arm and shoulder. those helicopters where getting closer. two attack choppers and 2 hinds, carrying more spetsnaz more than likely too.
Griffin needed also to escape but he wasnt capable at the present time due to the severe bleeding from his shoulder wound. he'd have to leave his weapons behind. so he did. he threw his sa80 and L96 into the corner. with a small charge of C4 timed to explode in 5 minutes, he got up and took out his USP and began hurrying to see if he could find a way to the other soldier, he could at least call him an ally, they had the same enemies after all. hopefully by the time he found him. he would of took care of the officer and his two men.

I am the Hammer. I am the sword in His hand, I am the point of His spear. I am the Gauntlet about His fist. I am the Bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous. I am the End.

“If it means it leads to our deaths…..I think it does.  They’re not fighting for anything, except maybe their next food ration card.  As long as we’re the only hope this city has, I think chances with the security or this place are the last thing we should be taking.”

As Mitch looked at Blackmoon, the Special Ops officer breathed out a fair amount of fragrantly pungeant cigar smoke. His gaze at the young freedom fighter was mildly approving.

"Kid's got it right, Kados. In my line of work, following your gut's the least likely way to get knifed in yer sleep. I think you should tighten up security, especially with your operations getting more of Ivan's attention."

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

Kados looked at the two. Warriors both; alike, and yet so different. But here, they were right. "I suppose I'm a tad too trusting, but you've convinced me. No, that's not th best way of putting it. You've opened my eyes. New joiners will be first relegated to outside posts where they can do no damage, until we can run a comprehensive background check. We've got better access to computers and old military records than the Reds think. If either of you want to look in on Price or Alex, thats fine by me.

But as far as Price goes, I'm he's in on the op tomorrow. I am going with my gut on this one--something tells me he's the real thing. But he won't know where, or when, and the most damage he can do is nothing. Two men will be with him--a spotter, and a guard--to protect him from Reds. Or us from him.

Thank you, both of you. I trust you both, and value your advice. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to hit my bunk. We've got a big day tomorrow."

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

“Thank you, both of you. I trust you both, and value your advice. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to hit my bunk. We've got a big day tomorrow."

“Roger that Major; night.”

Stepping out of the Major’s room, Mitch and Blackmoon walked side-by-side toward the main chamber of the hideout. 

“Didn’t expect you to back me up about the civies Captain.  You got more brass then I gave you credit for.”

“You called it.  We’re the only fighting force left in this city.  We can’t jeopardize our presence, no matter how noble the reasons might be.”  Snubbing out the butt of his cigar into the concrete wall, Blackmoon stopped and turned to the younger man.  “It’s gonna be hairy tomorrow.  Keep your head down.”

“You do the same army.”

With that, they headed for their quarters, and hoped they could rest some before the next day’s work began.

*TIME TRAVEL.....TIME

So as to get the action underway, I’m advancing the timeline to just prior to the attack on the Red supply depot.  The attack is taking place in the evening twilight.  Setting is a large, flat compound surrounded by chainlink/razorwire fence with guard towers.  Several apartment buildings on all sides *that’s what this was before the Red’s bulldozed the area*  Red snipers are stationed in many of the surrounding buildings *coughSevcough*  Starting positions for the FF will vary depending on your job.  Snipers will be working to get into position in the surrounding buildings where the Red snipers are *coughpossiblemeetingscough* or other good spots.  Main force should wait for WV to post, you can stick with him as I will

Hope this is all ok WV.  A_A was on my back  tongue  I can edit anything here if you need me to*

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Eric watched as Captain Blackmoon and Mitch exchanged a few words from his cot in a corner of the base.  Both men gave Eric the creeps, especially Blackmoon; that guy was just spooky!

As they parted ways and headed for their bunks, Eric bulled his blankets a little tighter and wondered what was planned for tomorrow.

(Sorry about the short post, just want you all to know I’m still around  big_smile )

If you run, I can track you.  If you hide, I will find you.  If you fight, I will watch you fall......

I'm not going yet, but its good by me, Ralin.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

*Ok, so if anybody wants to post some 'before-attack' diolog or anything, now would be the time; and when WV posts posts, the time jump will then be official.  I'm in bed waiting for the attack, so I'm done until we move.  Anybody who wants to catch up *coughRevcough*, now would be a good time*

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Patrick reloaded his MP-5. There were only a few soldiers left, but Russian Hind Attack Choppers were getting closer every second. He didn't have much time. He needed to grab this rebel and take him back to the base. Patrick peeked around the corner. The Russian commander looked quite formidable. Patrick tried to see if he could signal to the rebel, but he didn't see him and the Russians just saw him. A hail of bullets whizzed passed Patrick. Patrick popped out of around the corner and took out one of the Russians. He recounted. "Wait, weren't there three?" Patrick said to himself, "Oh, crap," Patrick said. "Drop your weapons!" the Russian Commander yelled. Patrick stood up and dropped his MP-5 and Beretta. The Commander stepped up to Patrick, and his remaining soldier stepped up behind to apprehend Patrick.

Patrick smiled and nodded his head. He flipped around and grabbed the startled Russian's weapon. "Now!" Patrick yelled. The Russian Commander raised his weapon, but was shot from the behind. Patrick took out the soldier he was fighting with.

"Welcome to New York, friend, the name's Patrick. What's the reason these soldiers want to take you out so bad?" Patrick said to the Russian rebel who had just saved his life.

Richelle lay in her bunk, happy that she did go and see that injured woman. It was filling her with hope and reminding her that she was fighting for the living just as much as she was fighting for the dead.

She knew that Marie would be still healing for a time, but after sitting with her and talking, she thought that she would make an pleasant addition to the reistance. Marie was still more hesitant, especially knowing the pain that fighting sometimes brought, but didn't dismiss the idea.

Richelle smiled and tried to calm her mind. She knew she would need to be focused to complete the emminent mission, or else she faced the fate of those she had loved before. "No" she thought to herself, not for the first time, "That will not be me. I shall see this to its finish. Freedom." With that she turned over and fell asleep, awaiting the next days work.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

112 (edited by Nigzy Monday, June 30, 2008 2:44 am)

Griffin as he ran out into the street noticed the soldier in the black stealth suit had been caught while trying to reload. bastard russians. Griffin lay in wait to see if he could anything just out of sight of the russians, but to make sure that The rebel could see him. Then all Griffin saw was the rebel swing around and grab the russian soldiers weapon, the russian captain raised his makarov to shoot the rebel but was startled when he shouted 'NOW!' with that griffin darted forward from his hiding place and shot the russian officer squarely in the back of the head. his body slumped on the floor, while the rebel snapped the russian soldiers neck.

Griffin approached the rebel who had welcomed him to new york, his name was Patrick. together they had just destroyed a unit of the best russian Armored infantry. He could trust him.
"Nice to meet you sir, Names Neil, Neil Griffin....and these where my ex comrades <Indicating to the amount of corpses around him> I was with the British 1st parachute regiment. Came to new york to see if i could stop these rusks from taking the dam world into communism. And there pretty pissed i left, kinda borrowed one of there helicopters too" as they turned to get away from the approaching helicopter attack. Griffin said one more thing. "By the way, Thanks for the help. you where immense back there"

I am the Hammer. I am the sword in His hand, I am the point of His spear. I am the Gauntlet about His fist. I am the Bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous. I am the End.

*Nice accent Nigzy  big_smile  if you want in on the attack for the next day, go ahead and have your FF buddy bring you into the hideout*

You know, I don't think I want to join now. But this is still a great R.P.G. !

115 (edited by Werda Verd Thursday, July 3, 2008 7:16 pm)

Due to the fact that if I delay the time warp any longer, AA will probably hunt me down and make me, I'm finally posting. Sorry for the wait. And lets get this ball rolling!! Oya!

2100 Hours. Russian Compound and Depot, NY-17.

Major Kados crouched behind the wreckage of what had used to be a low rent apartment. The Reds had fortified the compound heavily, but no more than expected. Nearly ten enemy snipers had been identified on surrounding rooftops, but they couldn't assume that that was all. Two APC's patrolled the perimeter. Four guard towers and a chain fence topped with barbed-wire enclosed the depot. Two 50-caliber machine gun nests watched over the main building. The depot consisted of several hangar-like structures, used to house vehicles such as the APC's, jeeps, and that tank that Alex was so worried about; and a number of gas tanks and service buildings, A barracks and armory completed the Red compound.

Heavy resistance, as expected, and prepared for. Ten resistance snipers stood by to take out the enemy snipers that had been spotted, and the men manning the 50-cals. The APC's had an RPG and Stinger focused on them each, with another two RPG's and another Stinger waiting for any more vehicles coming from the depot area. They had even more heavy weapons kept in reserve for any unexpected air vehicles, or any other "snags". A final RPG was aimed at one of the fuel tanks, to kick-start the whole thing.

As soon as the first shot was fired, the Freedom Fighter soldiers were free to take out any other Reds patrolling the grounds, and the ones in the towers, before moving forward.

Kados turned to from surveying the compound. "Well", he said to Mitch, Richelle, and Alex. "What are we waiting for? Lets do this." He slapped a mag into his BAR, settled ironsights on one of the men in a guard tower, and keyed his mike. "Let the fireworks begin".

(figure the ending works for 4th of July).

--Captain Dynamic--

Patrick was lying in the cover of a half collapsed building. He had found a perfect spot in the wreckage that had a complete visual of the Russian compound. Patrick was with Griffin. Apparently, Commander Kados had become suspicious of new recruits. "I guess I can't really blame him, though," Patrick muttered to himself, watching Griffin out of the corner of his eye, "Griffin had just 'escaped' from the Russians. Who knows, he might actually be a spy."

Patrick turned back, just as Kados and issued the attack command. Patrick picked his first target. A sniper in a high-rise....

Griffin was with Patrick, With his newly acquired M8 carbine and a M40 sniper rifle he scoped out the perimeter of the russian compound. Patrick was on counter sniping duty and had already found one of the russian spetsnaz snipers. he trained his scope on and whispered to Griffin,

"Got one in sight"

Griffin gave him the nod back, they had to wait for the order to fire though.

Griffin trained his M40 on one of the .50 cal MG nests, Then without a moments notice placed his sniper rifle down and picked up his M8, playing around with it, he slotted on the UGL lifted up the Sights and marked it on, 600metres. The grenade would do a better job than the rifle thats for sure.

(Does anybody still want to post here?  I’ll try to get it rolling again if so)

Eric stayed low with Major Kados and Mitch, waiting for the order to charge. 

The major kept checking his watch, waiting for the moment when the snipers would open fire.

“It’s going to be a long day” Kelborn thought, butterflies in his stomach and sweat in his palms.

If you run, I can track you.  If you hide, I will find you.  If you fight, I will watch you fall......

I think we can keep this going, but not now. We've got several things going. Maybe when things die down...I'd love to bring it back, and think we easily can, but not yet. Thanks for the interest, though.

--Captain Dynamic--

*sounds like a plan; hope we can dust this off and bring it back later*