Re: Mandolorian Rebellion (For Atinvod)

En'de opened his eyes, in the dark of the helmet he could slowly think about Naboo. Apart from ducks and supposedly annoying natives he didn't know much about it. Although he reasoned it'd be kinda of swampish in places, the cities would be architectual masterpeices or something he'd heard. He wasn't in to buildings, or anything else for that matter. In fact, he lived in one of the apartments on the dock they'd left. With an okay view of the town below from the balcony he'd built in his spare time. He stretched himself out, watching the star lines fade from the view port.
"About time"
They had reached Naboo, he couldn't wait to see what could go wrong.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

The cities lites were dim across the streets, and all of the palaces were as beautiful as can be. Traviss strapped his last bit of gear on and awaited the landing departure. the ship landed at a large outline of what used to be a water fountain. The region they landed in was practicly deserted. Not untill we infiltrate the capital....., Kal thought as all the Mandos exited the vehicle cautiously. Kal lifted his helmet so for the first time he may experience Naboo's aatmosphere...........a not so clever thing to do on your enemies home planet. "Put your helmet in place Kal! How do you know that theres not some kind of infected air they breath?!" No-Name holared. Traviss fixed his helmet quickly and felt very stupid afterwards.
All the Mandos got together at the foot of the fountain to brief the mission.

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

En'de snickered, always enjoyable to watch the newby get picked on. Although, he'd made the same mistake once.
"En'de, take the kid with you. Go scout the area."
He looked at No-name.
"Alright, whatever. Come on kid."
He picked up his gear and walked into the woods. The target was maybe 30 meters off. And he could care less about what happened. Just as long as he didn't die.
"Keep up the pace, we might be a Mando but I'll have no regrets leaving you behind lost in the forest."
He barely had trouble in the dense environ, although he'd been on another team before this one that specialized in leafy areas. Making as much noise as he dared through the trees. He'd have to find a vantage point pretty quick.

(BFFC Moderator)

Devon watched them leave. Stupid, kid. she thought, Easy way to get yourself killed..
Naboo was beautiful...from a certain point of view. For her though, it was too extravagant. Too many ledges and plants to hide behind. Home was where ever Spinx had taken her and her ship, she had never had a real home. The one real house she had ever lived in had been a basha, the only decoration had been the animal skins on the walls to keep the cold out. Clearing her head with a mental shake, she turned her attention to Hobbe and No-name.
"Our orders?" In the field, you never indicated who your commanding officer was.  And old habits die hard. Devon knew that no one could intercept their communications, but history was an unforgiving teacher.
"We wait for them to return."
"Sir?" Hobbe asked, "Wouldn't we be better off if you sent Devon and me off to scout as well? I mean, Devon is the sniper, sir. It's only logical to send her out too."
Before No-name could rip the man's head off, Devon interupted, "We might alert the locals of our presence, also, we might spook our friends. Although, part of me agrees that the more intel, the better; we can't take too many risks on this misson. We have no re-enforcements. We stay here for the moment. don't worry, En'de can take care of both of 'em."
"Whatever," Hobbe said. He plunked himself on the ground and began messing with some detonator or another. Devon glanced at No-name and he nodded. Hobbe could use the experence.
"However," she continued, lifting Hobbe by the scruff of his bodysuit, "We won't be sitting here doing nothing. Off to the North-east, I made a mental map of the geography. There are some caves there, we're gonna scout them out. We'll need a place to stay and to store the hostages. Get up, Slick. We've got some back-breaking work to do."
Devon might view the men as her younger brothers, but she wouldn't cut them any slack. Not yet, anyway. Let 'em spend some days in the brush and the rain and then she might ease up a little. Of course, that depends on their stupidity. she smiled behind her helmet as Hobbe grumbled something.  Not for the first time, grateful that no one could see her face.

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.

30 (edited by Maltese Kentaiba Monday, July 17, 2006 2:51 pm)

He made it to the perfect outlook two minutes before the kid. Up one of the taller trees almost right above the target camp. It was pretty quiet out, but you could still hear the sounds of hunting animals and their prey. It was light, a small little area without much to support it. Simple and seemingly unguarded. He enjoyed the thought of an easy mission.
"I just got a message from one of the others. They were going to check out the caves."
"Alright, we'll stay here for a while. Keep an eye on things till we get new orders. Wait a minute, somethin' goin' on down in there."
The kid shifted around in the tree a little too much. He could hear a boot scraping against something.
"What? What's going on?"
"If you quit squirming and pipe down maybe I can tell..."
And then Traviss fell out of the tree. Right near the outside of the camp.
"Ooh Boy...we are in trouble now. I can feel it."

(BFFC Moderator)

oh, I get it......my charecter is now officialy "the clumsy newbie" huh? tongue Thats cool, I dont really care. Im going to get started writing soon.

TW

[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Devon set a gruelling pace for the caves, with her mossy green armour she nearly became one with the flora and fauna. Glancing back at Hobbe, she made a mental note that he was keeping up with her. Good job so far, Slick. But how will you fare uphill at this pace?  Eyes back on the trail, she fidled with a locket about her neck. Devon could feel the bulge it made beneath her bodysuit, it was the only thing she had let of home.
"Devon," Hobbe paused for breath, thought better of continuing, and walked on in silence.  "Save your breath, Slick. You'll need it."
She stopped abrutly, Hobbe, not expecting the quick stop, ran right past her. Skidding to a stop, he slipped to the ground. Devon helped him up. "What was all that about?" he asked, annoyed. It's too quiet.
She ignored the question, she looked about the glutch. Snap. Both of their heads jerked behind them, and they both silently drew their blasters. Devon caught Hobbe's gaze and put a finger to her lips, or where her lips would be if she didn't have her helmet on. He nodded, and both walked slowly toward the low-lying brush.
A small animal of some sort rushed out of the growth, nearly giving both Devon and Hobbe a heartattack.
The normal sounds returned to the forest, as if nothing had happened. Devon looked at Hobbe in bewilderment, he returned it ten-fold.  "Devon?" "I dunno, Slick. Watch my back, though. I'm heading down."  "Down where?"
Devon got down on the ground and elbow-crawled to the ledge. She waved Hobbe over and he hunkered down beside her. She handed him the binocs and pointed to the cayon wall.
It was a pinkish-orange hue from the setting sun, casting a shadow over it's face, but Hobbe could tell that it was scared with a lot of caves. Most of them inhabited, small fires dotted across the entire face. 
"Hobbe, get ahold of No-name. Now."
"And what am I supposed to tell him?"
Her voice was grim, "Tell him...Tell him we have a welcoming party. We've been expected." She pointed to the Firespray-class ships hidden beneath them. Hobbe nodded solemnly. Two words branded in their minds. Death Watch.

True Warrior wrote:

oh, I get it......my charecter is now officialy "the clumsy newbie" huh? tongue Thats cool, I dont really care. Im going to get started writing soon.

TW

Have you seen the trees from episode 1, half of them couldn't hardly support one person much less two heavy Mandos. I'm trying not to make you the clutz.
--------------------------------
En'de crawled down, grabbed the kid by the leg and dragged him back signalling for him to be quiet. He was trying to remake the sound from a prey animal pulling a dead corpse away, it didn't wake anybody up thankfully. They made it back into a clearing a few feet back. whispering to each other.
"What happened?"
"Foot got caught on something, when I tried to pull it out well...I fell."
End'e looked up at the tree, there was a crack in the branch. No wonder Traviss had fallen.
And then he got the message.
"Hey Red, this is Dev, we've got Deathwatch in the caves. You know what that means right?"
"Yeah Devon, I get it, watch your back. I'm sure we're outnumbered by the sound of it."
He turned his head back toward Traviss.
"What's wrong Red?"
"Well...let's just say I don't think there's anybody back at the camp. Come on."
They walked out of the trees toward the camp. The both of them walked into the middle, En'de used his shoulder to be the brunt of his busting a door open.
"Nobody home."
And the dust hadn't even settled.

(BFFC Moderator)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Ive already writen it!!!!!!!!:( sad

Back at the camp….

End’e stood perfectly still while Traviss stumbles quietly to his feet. The occupants of the camp had made noise yelling and alarming others of the distant noise. Traviss quickly went behind the very tree he fell from. NO! You idiot! They’ll find me too! End’e thought as he watched the nearby camp arise into alertness. Traviss slowly scattered to a large rock near a crowd of bushes. That’s better… End’e thought. Traviss held his gun in one hand and searched for a thermal detonator in the other. No...... he quickly thought. No Name said we need to secure the area, not blow it to pieces…... He put the detonator back into place. Plan B. he thought as he picked up a large rock. What is he doing? End’e thought. Traviss chucked the rock farther away from the camp. The rock had made a rustling noise as most of the inhabitants of the camp walked their guns towards the direction. A couple of the Death Watch’s men shot in the direction many times. End’e looked back at Traviss. He was now behind a different tree closer to their enemies. Then, End’e saw Traviss take his detonator back out. I see…….he’s luring them away from the camp…..to meet their doom…he,he,he….smart kid…

TW

Who's is better? hmm

Blend the two together, if you have to. Or, True Warrior let Kentaiba keep this and you can modify your's for later, or vice versa. But, I'm not going judge who's is better. You both have different writing styles.

whatever works for either of you.

(BFFC Moderator)

Either way, True Warrior. Your choice. 'Cause I don't have a favorite, but for your character, you can edit this for later, say, if the plot takes an ambush turn in the gultch where Devon and Hobbe are.  Or, you can edit it to where it's a memory of something. There's a wide range of ideas.

Mine is a little too straight forward, and Maltese's is close to perfect.........but I have no idea. hmm I would like for my charecter to ONCE at least do something smart. I guess I like Maltese's better cuz it ended up being nobody at the base, so......I guess his is better. But.....Maltese.......could you edit yours to say that I caught on a tree branch or something? hmm Pizzzz?!

TW

TW

sure, no problem

(BFFC Moderator)

rhanx. smile I'd like my charecter to start out a clumsy newbie kid and end up learning skills to become a true warrior. Ya know how it goes.......OK, I'll start sometime.

TW

So, you guys figured it out?

I did some editing and all, but we'll have to wait and see

(BFFC Moderator)

Okay, I'll get the ball rolling again, then.

"You still going down?" Hobbe asked her, caution lining his words.  "No. I recognize the sigil on their ships. I know these guys," she heard the familiar sound of a weapon cocking, "No, not like that di'kut. It's personal, you wanna know the details ask somebody else; I don't talk about it," Devon knew that her voice was dark and her meaning confusing, she tried to clarify, "Spinx, the woman that raised me, she rescued me from a harem belonging to these guys."

"Oh," Hobbe simply said. He discharged the blaster, "So, you're not going down." It wasn't a question.  "No, Slick, not yet," backing away from the ledge a good distance, she stood and slung her sniper rifle back over her shoulder, "Come on. Sun's going down. Knowing No-name, he's got some MREs waiting for us; he's a mean cook when he wants to be."  "That's a joke, right?" 

Devon shook her head, she'd had some work to do on this kid. Humor, at least for her, was an outlet. He'd have to learn to take a joke or he wouldn't last long, "Yeah, Slick, it's a joke. Last one back is a marsh toad, just don't make too much noise, kid."

This time, he chuckled. He got the joke.

En'de and Traviss made it back to camp first, the both of them not exactly up for rations. En'de walked into the forest, not going to far when he sited a large animal. It was edible, better than rations anyway. He took a knife out, stabbing the bovine thusly without much fuss. Now he just needed a place to cook it without giving their presence away to the Death Watch. He didn't want to start a fire, not in the middle of a forest anyway. But he'd been around when the ship'd been built so he'd made one adjustment to the plans. A small pit near the front of his quarters, with a vent letting the smoke out you could seal for space. No one would see the fire and he wouldn't have to deal with rations. Although he'd had to give up space in his room so all he had was a bed in there apart from the cook ware. Of course it helped this was the same ship his old team had used.
The both of them got to work on their jobs, En'de letting the kid set up the fire and all that with him skinning it. Maybe No-name would get killed before it was done.

(BFFC Moderator)

Devon beat Hobbe to the camp. Both collapsed on the ground, heaving for breath. She caught his eye and gestured toward the ship, "Something smells good, Slick. Go join 'em if you want," she got to her feet, all seriousness again, "I've got first watch. I always have first watch. Rest, eat, rest some more if you want, you've got watch last."

He rushed off for the ship, and paused, he turned to her and asked, "You want me to save you some?"
"No, Slick, I perfer the MREs," she dug around in her pack, and tossed him a bottle of some sort, "Uj sauce, makes everything that much sweeter. "

She watched him leave and sighed, "You're getting too old for this, Dev, far too old." She walked over to the ship, running a gloved hand over it, and began climbing the ladder rungs. When she reached the top, she sat back, and removed her helmet. She wanted to view the sunset without the helmet for once and for the first time in a long time, she wanted breathe some fresh air.

She watched it set, her shift didn't start until the sun officaly set, and she wanted to savor this rare moment alone.

En'de walked out, a plate in one hand. Ignoring the sunset, he went over the hull of the ship for any issues that might've been caused by the foliage or entering the atmosphere. It was alright, no new dents worth talking about, but he'd have to be careful with the engine ports. They were in a green enough environ he'd have to clean the things out. They were fine for now, lucky him.
He climbed one handed up to the top. almost losing his dinner in the process. But he made it.
"You should be more worried Devon."
"And why's that Red?"
He tore a piece off, chewing and swallowing before continueing.
"While you sit here looking at the sunset, something could slip your attention."
"I think we're fine for the most part. You're pride in this ship's security, you helped build this piece of junk after all. That's why were using it."
He finished his meal, Helmet back inside his quarters. He lightly breathed in the damp air.
"Well, any absolute defense has a blind spot."
"By the way, whatever happened to your old team? I've kinda been wondering about it, especially with your attitude towards No-name."
He looked at the hull underneat him, rubbing the back of his head. This was something you don't enjoy talking about.

(BFFC Moderator)

47 (edited by Atinvod Monday, July 24, 2006 3:54 pm)

"Tell you what," she told him, noting his discomfort, "I'll tell you my story, if you tell me yours?" She didn't replace her helmet, and she didn't look his direction. She kept her eyes on the sunset, and she took of her cape, It had a tear in it from the run in the jungle, "I'll even tell you about the locket if you want."

"Alright, whatever works; My team and I...My brother Clybe,myself, Tyv, and a guy named Resh were trying to sabotage a Death Watch Iron mine on one of those Jungle Planets in the core worlds. With the hope we'd cut back their supply of Mando armor."
"The Dark Ice incident no one wants to talk about right?"
"The one and only. But earlier on before this mission one of the usual members was hospitalized, so we got a replacement, Resh. Unfortunately, we got ambushed. Surrounded, Resh lost it and grabbed my brother and tried to use him as a shield. Tyv pulled Resh off off him, and my brother got thrown into the Death Watch surrounding us. After a prolonged week, it started to rain harder than I thought possible. In the end, Tyv and I were the last one's alive. We don't know what happened to Clybe, but the Death Watch yelled they'd murderd him. In the end, it turned out there was no mine, we'd been sent on a suicide mission. And No-name- an admiral or something at the time- had proposed the mission with 'absolute certainty it was there'."
"...Are you sure this is the same guy?"
He sighed, looking up at the new stars above, he had no idea at all if it was or not. But he'd find out eventually it would seem.
"Your turn."

(BFFC Moderator)

"I'm sorry," Devon offered her condolences(sp?); it was all she had.

She undid the clasp of the simple chain around her neck, and placed it gently in En'de's palm. It was a simple gold heart-shaped locket, with a simple silver twelve-pointed star design on it; but it wasn't whole, she didn't offer an explanation.

"Everybody knows that my family was killed by the Death Watch when I was very small, I'd have to guess around four or five," she offered him a rare smile, "Sad, not knowing how old you are, or what planet you hail from, Red. Anyways, I ran taking a long blaster with me, but I didn't get far. It was the middle of the night, I think, raining, but the fire burned anyway, burning my family alive. I can still hear their screams when I sleep, if I do sleep. Back to the story, they found me on the outskirts of some podunk village, but not before I killed one of their men. That's why I like sniping, "she paused, as if realizing her story was disjointed, "I was unwillingly adopted, and trained by them...until I hit puberty. When I was about 15their leader, was impressed with my skills in soldiering and thought I might have, well, "she grew red in the face and fiddled with her cape, "other talents. Anyway, I was forced into a harem of some sort, and that's where I meet Spinx. I spent three years there, and I'm only about 22, waiting for our chance to escape. We did, and we killed them. Everyone of them. We got of planet and ran. She was once a warrior and um, continued my training. Eventually, we found a cell of True Mandalorians and joined straight away. And here I am, telling my life story on Naboo."

"And the locket?" En'de asked. "Oh, Spinx knew my mother. I don't know how, but she had this and gave it to me when we joined the cell. It's my mother's. Don't ask me how I know; I just do. Spinx has the other half," she got to her feet, "I better get on my rounds."

She climbed down the ladder, and began patrolling the outskirts of the perimeter. She reached up for the locket and realized that she had left it with En'de, "Crap," she muttered to herself. How could she have forgoten to get it back?, "Don't you lose that En'de or I'll personally have your head." She settled her mind by resolving to get it back from him when she was done with her watch.

En'de stayed up there, sliding the locket into a pouch pocket. He'd stay out till his wactch, ignoring the stars, each one a dead joy. He had other matters to deal with, the Death Watch for instance. He recognized the ships, they were the ones he'd been chasing for so long. And it all seemed to work out in the end, as was his philosophy on time and weak revenge.
He played around with his sonic blaster, trying to get the range setting to work for once. His mind on other things than usual, he almost felt like day dreaming about a better place. One that kept him from the arm of the galaxy, but he decided against it. He'd simply go after Krayt dragon when this was over to calm down. Hunting always did make him feel at ease.

(BFFC Moderator)