Re: Mandolorian Rebellion (For Atinvod)

You dont have to if you dont want to. But Id love it if you would, so yes.

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Well, this is, um, ackward. 'Cause, I'd much rather be my own character, I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything, oh jeeze, this is ackward...

I've gone completely bonkers, and on top of that, I've lost my marbles ~ Atinvod

103 (edited by SabreMandalore Wednesday, August 2, 2006 10:51 am)

((It's ok you can have your own character, Traviss(the character) can board a ship to another destination and possibly never return, just a suggestion TW.))

You hear that Sev, someone thinks I'm excellent-Scorch
Well that makes two of you-Sev

sure, I understand. smile You can take the role of No-Name, and name him as your charecter. I believe your in the ship with me, but I have NO F'IN IDEA whats goin on! Anywayz.....enjoy and have fun.

TW

[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

(Well, this ones about over anyway, a few more posts and we won't have much more to write about. We'll have to have another mission soon, you could wait for that, or hunting)
En'de collasped onto his bed, glad to be back home. Watching the skyline above him, the familiar green paint scheme floating down from it. No-name was back it seemed. 
"And checkmate."
He didn't even try getting up, he knew he came out of this one alive with everybody else. That was enough for now. Even then, he was surprised when Dev asked him to go with him on his next hunting trip. He agreed, hobbling off a little afterwards.
Tommorrow he'd see the doc, get his eye fixed, and try to sell his old ship. The dominoes might just fall into place after that.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Ah, thats sounds great mate. I'll see ya then. Could someone PM me when we start a new mission if I dont notice please. Thanx.

TW

107 (edited by R2-Z7 Wednesday, August 2, 2006 11:12 am)

Okay smile, cool. I'll wait til then.

I've gone completely bonkers, and on top of that, I've lost my marbles ~ Atinvod

Hobbe had finaly returned her datapad, giving her something to. Devon was bored out of her mind, both the doctors and her team had refused to let her walk anywhere but the 'fresher. She suspected Roby had something to do with it. But, at least she could feel the pain in her leg now. It had been broken in three places. She sent a coded message to the harem, explaining her situation, but promising them she'd get them to at least Theed when she could move again without being under the scruntity of both the docs and Roby.

Devon looked over at the only other patient, a girl, no more than maybe six or seven, Lukain. She gestured to the holoboard between them, "Your turn," she said as she took Devon's knight. She was in here because she had wandered off and had broken her arm. "That man seems really nice," she said as Devon moved her pawn. "You mean Roby? Yeah, he's nice." As Lukian studied her next move, "He likes you." Devon smiled, "Who told you that?" as Lukian protected her queen with a rook. "Nobody, why don't you tell him you like him back?" Devon moved her bishop, cornering one of Lukian's pawns, "It's not that simple." Lukian shook her head, "Why do adults always have to make things so complicated? He likes you, you like him. What's the big deal?" Devon fell silent, she didn't want to get into all the details, "I'm crazy." Lukian didn't laugh, "That doesn't seem to matter to him, does it? Checkmate. New game?" Lukian asked her hopefully.

Devon nodded, "On one condition. That you don't lecture me on my love life anymore, okay?" Lukain sighed, "Whatever. Stop acting like my Dad, okay?" Devon reached over and shook Lukain's hand, "Deal. I was started first last time, your turn."

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.

109 (edited by SabreMandalore Wednesday, August 2, 2006 12:28 pm)

Roby was heading for the tent where Devon had been recovering, when he heard Lukain and Dev talking about him, he stopped for a moment outside, until they had finished their discussion. He entered the tent and caught Dev by surprise. "How's your arm?" she asked.
"Fine thanks,...how's your foot?" replied Roby. Oh what a way to charm a lady, thought Roby sarcastically to himself. Lukain giggled and left the table. "Look I know we got off on the wrong foot, but I want to make it up to you." He gently grabbed Dev's arm and brought her to her feet. He slowly guided her outside, and before Dev, was a ship. "It's the Battlecry, remember, the one Spinx Vera brought you on, when she rescued you, I got it refurbished."

(not in a tent-at home back at the space port.)
En'de woke up the next day. Dressed civilian and went through his food stores. He had a few things that were a day away from being thrown out, one in particular he didn't have any use for. But he thawed it out anyway, spending a couple of hours working with it. Until he got enough to fit in a thermos. He capped that and walked onto the dock, feeling the outer hull of his ship as he passed by. He still needed to clean it out. But that could wait for later. He was almost to the med center, before he heard the loud voice behind him.
"EN"DE!"
He tried turning around, but she caught up to him before he could. With a hug so tight it felt like his rib was cracking again. He pushed her back. Holding his side.
"Glad to see you too Jun, but I'm not in the best shape for that."
He walked off, Jun behind him. She was slightly shorter. With deep blue hair, a small scar across her neck, and black eyes. Wearing the necklace he'd given her on her last birthday with the three claws hanging off of it. Sandals and her regular t-shirt and pants.
"What'd you do this time?"
"I broke a rib. And before you ask the thermos is for a couple of team mates."
She grabbed his hand, especially clinging today. By the time they made it there, Roby and Dev were standing outside in front of a ship.
They walked up behind them, En'de tapping Dev on the shoulder.
"Here, there was a little extra in the freeze from my cousin's last visit. It's a family tea I didn't feel like drinking."
He stood there for a moment, preparing to take Jun out for dinner. Not about to tell them it was Dainoga Tea he'd given them, or which part of the Dainoga it was made of(spleen). They didn't seem to expect Jun, maybe they thought he wasn't engaged or had a girlfriend the way he acted.
"What're we looking at?" En'de

(BFFC Moderator)

111 (edited by SabreMandalore Wednesday, August 2, 2006 12:53 pm)

"It's something I did for Dev," whispered Roby to Red, "You could say it's a blast from the past."
Dev didn't let go of Roby's hand. "You ok Dev?" inquired Roby, "I didn't offend you did I?"

((Btw Atinvod, your inbox is full))

112 (edited by Atinvod Wednesday, August 2, 2006 1:11 pm)

"Roby, um, thanks. You can't know how much this means to me. Ever. I have no idea what to say..." her voice trailed off as a figure came down the ramp. Devon's jaw dropped, "Mom?!" Dev let go of Roby, just long enough to grab her crutches, and somewhat hobbled, limped, and skipped to her adoptive mother. "Oh, Dev," Spinx said hugging her tight, mindfull of her daughter's leg, "What did you do this time?" Dev shrugged, "I fell. I fell bad."

"What'd they say?" Red asked, bewildered. He'd never heard a language spoken lke that. "It's something only they understand. It's a bit Mando'a, Huttese, and ancienct Corellian," roby told him.

((I cleaned it out just now. So, there should be no problem.))

Roby, stood there watching mother and daughter, he sighed quietly and turned around to go back to his living quarters, letting both ladies talk. As Roby sat down in his seat, he started wandering if he should leave sooner, now that everyone was happy. "Oh Dev." Roby sighed.

114 (edited by Atinvod Wednesday, August 2, 2006 2:15 pm)

"Can I talk to you later, Mom? I know it's been forever, but something's up with Roby." The older woman laughed and nodded, "And so the walls finally start to come down." Dev gently punched her mother on the shoulder, "Mom, that's not fair. Talk to you later?" Spinx kissed her much taller daughter on the check, "Did I not just say, yes?" Devon smiled, "Love you, Mom. Oh, Red, the man..." "I know of him." Devon nodded and continued, "He wants you to come to the wedding," she handed her the card. Spinx accepted them, "Love you, too, Dev'ika. Count on talking to me later," Spinx told her, that old warrior glint in her eye.
Devon slid the door open, "Oh, what? You wanna tell me what's up? Mom's off to see some of her old friends, Kal and Hobbe are around here somewhere, and Red and Jun are out to dinner. You said you wanted to talk earilier, but we never got a chance to."

((Hey, give me a few minutes. I've got to do the dishes.))

Jun muttered to En'de in Treshnan, then excusing herself she stepped back headed out so they didn't lose their reservation. He walked over to Roby and Dev as suggested.
"Now we all have to make up our minds don't we. Well, I guess I have for the most part. Give one of these to your Mother Dev. Keep the other one."
He handed Roby three small datacards. One of them was for a friend that worked at the dock but he had a few more.
"Don't forget to wear something nice. Polish your armor if you have to."
"So, this is for..."
"Yea, we're holding the wedding back on Treshna in two standard months."
He walked off, he had a doctor's appointment to keep. Jun beside him. 

(I suppose we could start the next mission right after this. Same topic or a new one?)

(BFFC Moderator)

** TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO**
Well, let SabreMandalore and I finish this thing. And, Dev, promised the harem women that she'd get them to Theed. Same topic as in thread or as in going after the DeathWatch?

Well, you two can finish up your end. That's why I mentioned two months. I'll just leave the picture for a while.
Same topic as in thread.

(BFFC Moderator)

((Well a new topic would be a fresh start, but its up to Atinvod))

Roby pulled Dev to one side, "Dev, I can't stay here for long, I've just got to go," Roby said with a hint of sadness, "I'm not lucky when it comes to relationships, and I don't want you to suffer the same fate as..." Roby's words trailed off. "It's just that you're happy and that's all that matters." He gave Dev a kiss on her forehead and walked out of his quarters.
As he passed En'de, he gave back the invitations.

((Well, okay. That's new. Giving the indecisive person the decision. New thread?))

Devon followed him out and grabbed his arm, "What? You think that this is easy for me? Is that it? Roby, nothing is easy. I wake up everyday, working with men, stuffing down my anger because I know that I can't blame them for the crime of a few. Stuffing down my feelings cause you deserve a normal family," she took a deep breath, trying to remain calm. How does Mom do it?, "Roby," she stopped, "I'm sorry," her brows furrowed, "You know what? Forget it. I tried, Roby, I tried trusting someone," she turned to Red before she left, "Congrats, man. I'll be there. Tell Jun that if she needs a girl to talk to, she can always get ahold of me."

She left the building, unsure where of to go. She couldn't go after the slaves, yet. She'd just hinder them, "Mom, I need you to do something for me," she said into her commlink and explained the harem deal. Spinx promised that she would do it now.

En'de pocketed the datacard. Father would enjoy the company that did come. He entered the waiting room of the doctor's office, ushered straight in to meet him. An hour later, most of the damage was worked out. And he could kind of see, but unlike the last one it wouldn't look like a real eye. It'd just be the basic design, but more could be worked into it at least. He gave Doc Sulliven Roby's invitation on the way out. He finished up and met Jun. Sitting down across from her, he tried concentrating on the menu.
"So, I didn't think you'd actually give them to anyone."
"I didn't think I'd ever have the chance. By the way, Dev says if you ever need someone to talk to, you can contact her."
The droid waiter ignored them, waiting for his chance with a fairly rich couple.
"I think I might."
The atmosphere was supposed to be somewhat romantic, slow music in the background, Most of the tables only had two chairs.
"You think she'll freak when her lips and teeth get stained purple?"
He laughed a little, his had been the week he met Jun, something would have ruined their relationship. But they hadn't seen each others faces when they'd met anyway.
"Probably. How long does it take to wear off?"
"Depends on the species. But I'd say a week tops, depending on how much of it she drinks."
They finally got the droids attention, both of them settling on water. Then when the droid came back around it was some sort of shellfish for the both of them. They waited an hour, talking about small things. One of the recurring themes somewhere they both could live that wasn't some space port apartment. If the both of them ever made enough money, they'd probably live on Dantooine or Kamino.
"Two months, and we're not allowed to prepare it, whatcha want to do for two months...Jun?"
Both of them had started chatting in Treshnan, it kept the conversation private and was a bit more natural.
Something would eventually come up he was sure.
"Well, tommorrow, you're going to trade that junker in."
(and there's my last post for this one, can't wait to start again)

(BFFC Moderator)

121 (edited by SabreMandalore Thursday, August 3, 2006 11:13 am)

Roby stood in the loading bay, when a little girl came up to him, it was Lukain. "Why aren't you with Dev?" she asked innocently. "We had an argument." Roby said plainly.
"About what?"
"Commitment."
"Why?"
"You see, I lost my wife to death, on one of our missions, and I just don't want Dev to disappear as well."
"Did you tell her that?"
"No."
"Well she's over there now." said the girl pointing at Dev. Roby was going to look back at Lukain when she just disappeared. Roby hesitated at first.
"Dev!" Roby shouted, running to her, "Dev, I'm sorry for what I said back there, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."
"Well, you seemed to do a good job of it," she said angrily. She started to walk away from him, when Roby grabbed her arm.
"It's just that there's too much that's been happening to me, I don't want to lose you the same way I lost my wife."
Roby didn't let go of Devon's arm and looked into her eyes, he then let her go.
"I do care about you, Dev," Roby said as he turned away, "I care about you alot."

"I know, Roby. I'm sorry. I love you, too," Dev regretted blowing up at him. He'd lost his first wife, and Kitano just recently. She went to say something, thought better of it. She wasn't one to just put emotions on her sleeves,"Look," she ran a hand through her black hair, she smiled, her teeth and lips the same shade of violet of her eyes, "Stay away from the tea and, um, you can go if you want. You know how to reach me, Roby. I'm off."

So that's it? Dev, you just can't keep running from your feelings. You can't run away from yourself. Yeah, and he deserves somebody that isn't going to die on some backworld planet, never knowing what happened to her...

"I'll be seeing you, Roby," she turned looking for Lukian, "Lukian! Come on, we're leaving." The eight-year-old bounded up, blonde braids flying behind her, blue-green eyes sparkling, new freckles on her tanned face, "Get on the ship. I'll be there in a minute." Lukian gestured for her to lean down to her level, "Glad you said sorry to the nice man?" she whispered and grinned. "Sure, I told you, Lukian. No more lecturing?" "Right. Bye, Roby," she grinned and bounded up on the ship. Devon watched her leave, "She's a good kid, Roby. Too mature for her own good, though," Devon smiled as Lukian sat in the pilot's seat the was two-times to big for her.

She went to follow her, and thought better of it. She embraced Roby, never wanting to let go. Devon took off her locket and put it around Roby's neck, "For luck. I'll be back for this." Devon nodded, "Remember O'hana," and she let him go, and headed for the Battlecry's ramp and whispered, "I'll miss you." She replaced her helmet, and allowed the tears to come now that nobody could see her, "Okay, Lukian, start up the engines."

((Okay, I'm going to PM True.))