Re: Off topic topic

Miba wrote:

I am glad I didn't get sun poisening then. I did feel a bit sickish but that might have been the car and not the sun. (I get carsick easily)

I also am a victim of car-sickness. Do not take ginger, as that was proven not to work.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I had heard taking ginger will help for plane sickness. But I didn't try it for car sickness. I've already narrowed down the list of things that do it to me. Orange juice being the main one. Every time I've ever drank orange juice before or during a trip I've thrown up. Eggs make me throw up in the car too. Fresh air helps me a lot though. And for some reason reading in the car doesn't bother me much unless we're doing a lot of turning and hills. And a few other things bother me. If I'm in a big vehicle it's not too bad. Like a van or bus. But if it's a littlier car and things are packed in I get big clausthrophobia and carsickness. Which is odd cause little spaces never bother me anywhere else.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Miba wrote:

If I'm in a big vehicle it's not too bad. Like a van or bus. But if it's a littlier car and things are packed in I get big clausthrophobia and carsickness. Which is odd cause little spaces never bother me anywhere else.

I never thought about it, but I think it is the same for me. I rarely get car-sick on the school bus, and whenever I eat in my mom's car, I get sick. Today I was in my dad's truck, I was eating some chips, and I did not get sick. To stay on topic, I hate car-sickness.

hehe, I don't think this is the hate thread. tongue It's the Off-Topic thread.

Anyway, I'll have to agree with you that I hate carsickness as well.

55 (edited by draco fett Saturday, June 24, 2006 8:24 pm)

I feel like an idiot. I must be getting tired (it is 11:18 here). I came back to this part of the forum to find a post or something (I do not remember which one, so I must be quite tired), and I realized that I posted that in the wrong section. I was hoping that noone would notice.

It's ok and understandable. I do the same thing from time to time. And when I'm tired sometimes not even I understand myself.

I have done some pretty stupid things when I was tired. I remember what I was looking for. I offered a cookie to someone if they knew what I was talking about, and I wanted to see If anyone guessed yet.

There is no way for me to recieve the cookie, so answering is pointless. sad
I know where your quote is from though...;)  Ever read his "Hop-Frog"?  That's good stuff.  tongue
(For those that haven't, it involves an insane drunk dwarf and flaming orang-utangs hanging from a chandelier...)

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

I have read it, and it is probably my fourth favorite story of his. On the topic of the greatest writer who has ever lived, Poe made a referance to Nightmares in the "Black Cat" (if have not already, I suggest not reading that story).

Black Cat has always seemed like a mix of "Cask of Amontillado" and "The Tell-Tale Heart" to me...good story though, especially with the cat burning into the floor and...*gasp*...can't spoil for people who don't read Poe, but should.  wink

-Captian Murphy

A while ago I started writing a story. I never got very far, but I did manage to finish the first chapter. I’m not be the best writer in the world, but if you want to read it and give me your opinions that would be great! Thanks.

http://www.randomland.net/junk/tc_prologue.php

"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
     --Boba Fett

If that's not a fanfiction and you don't have it copyrighted I wouldn't post it for the public to see unless you want it stolen.

I’ll keep that in mind. I hadn’t really planned on posting any more but I didn’t want to keep writing a book if no one liked it. So I just thought I would post the first chapter on my website and see if anyone liked my writing style and/or thought it was interesting.

--Boba Fett

WELL, I am a mite tired! Today was my first day at my new job(worked 4 hours w/out sitting down *sigh*), as well as the day that I helped cater to a Young Life event... All in all, I didn't get to sit down in 8 hours... My poor back, feet, knees, jaw, head, etc, etc. tongue

I'm so VERY glad that you, Jacsveus, revived this thread!! We shall impute new energy to it!! tongue tongue

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

SO....I was reading through some posts and came across one where Daenna was talking about drawing and coloring stuff in Photoshop. Well, I was feeling brave and very bored so I decided to give it a try. Obviously I am not responsible for coming up with the picture but I did redraw it and color it and everything...... Anyways, not that anyone probably cares, but I just thought I would post it here for the whole world to see since I have nothing better to do. wink

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q195 … uilmon.gif

AND yes, I know, the background image is really crapy. But, hey, it's better than white, isn't it?? (perhaps notwink)

--Boba Fett

BalanceSheet wrote:

Ever read his "Hop-Frog"?

I have, and it's seriously disturbing.  And Black Cat is just sick.  Have you read the Never Bet Your Head story?  Eww.  By the way, there was a Cthulu discussion going on in the names section and I thought I'd ask just how many people are into it.  I was reading them all in chronological order but then I got stuck on Mountains of Madness, and, well, you know how it goes.

Jacsveus, if you're serious about writing, the publishers won't want to take anything that's already been published, which includes just posting it on a website.  So if that's ever going to be a goal of yours, you need to get it offline and destroy the evidence.  (Seriously, I read it in a publishing book).

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

The problem with my book is that it's a combination of so many other already published things that I would be violating thousands of copyright laws to publish it. It was never my goal to publish that book, I just wanted to throw everything I liked into one story.

But thanks for the information, in case I decide to write a book that I actually could publish.

--Boba Fett

68 (edited by draco fett Monday, November 13, 2006 12:57 pm)

BFFC Chrys wrote:

I have, and it's seriously disturbing.  And Black Cat is just sick.  Have you read the Never Bet Your Head story?  Eww.  By the way, there was a Cthulu discussion going on in the names section and I thought I'd ask just how many people are into it.  I was reading them all in chronological order but then I got stuck on Mountains of Madness, and, well, you know how it goes.

Poe and Lovecraft are my two favorite authers. My favorite stories by them would hve to be the Masque of Red Death (Poe), and the Dunwich Horror (Lovecraft). Unforyunatly, I do not have many Cthulu Mythos tales. I know what you man about the Black Cat. I do not mind humans in pain as much, but I cannot stand non-human animals in pain (though Black Cat and Hop-Frog were still great stories). I recently accquired a book of poetry of Poe. I have read the Raven and Anebell Lee a myriad of times. I love the line "'Prophet,' said I 'Thing of evil. Prophet still, if bird or devil.'"

Heh...I started memorizing Raven a while back, I've only got the first two bits down though...I've memorized Conqueror Worm though.  That's a great poem...

And Jacsveus, that's good Photoshop work for a beginner...did you draw it and scan, and color it in Photoshop?  I see some good starting level shading in there, which really doesn't need more than that for a simple drawing, though the lines and style are a bit off...very slightly.  Good work though.

-Captian Murphy

BalanceSheet wrote:

Heh...I started memorizing Raven a while back, I've only got the first two bits down though...I've memorized Conqueror Worm though.  That's a great poem...

That was agreat poem. Plus it has mimes gettng eaten in the play. The description of the worm is remeniscent of the "Mongolian Death Worm."

so we can talk about whatever we want? in that case i need advice- who should be my favorite character, jango or boba, and why?

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

BalanceSheet wrote:

And Jacsveus, that's good Photoshop work for a beginner...did you draw it and scan, and color it in Photoshop?  I see some good starting level shading in there, which really doesn't need more than that for a simple drawing, though the lines and style are a bit off...very slightly.  Good work though.

Thanks. I was in the middle of watching the third season of Digimon on my computer when I decided to start drawing again. After drawing a few pictures I wanted to try it on the computer. So I took a screenshot, traced it, and colored/shaded it in Photoshop according to what the original looked like. Though it was slightly difficult since I had to make it about 500% bigger to be a reasonable size...

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

so we can talk about whatever we want? in that case i need advice- who should be my favorite character, jango or boba, and why?

Definitely Boba Fett. Though I'm not entirely sure why... Perhaps because he is the original and didn't get his head chopped off by a Jedi. wink

--Boba Fett

73 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Monday, November 13, 2006 7:55 pm)

Jacsveus wrote:
BalanceSheet wrote:

Thanks. I was in the middle of watching the third season of Digimon on my computer when I decided to start drawing again. After drawing a few pictures I wanted to try it on the computer. So I took a screenshot, traced it, and colored/shaded it in Photoshop according to what the original looked like. Though it was slightly difficult since I had to make it about 500% bigger to be a reasonable size...

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

Definitely Boba Fett. Though I'm not entirely sure why... Perhaps because he is the original and didn't get his head chopped off by a Jedi. wink

lol thanks, but im still not sure who i like better. while boba didnt get beheaded by a jedi, he did get knocked down by a blind guy with a stick....

anyways my current favorite is jango but im still not sure. any more acvice? i need it.

out of curiosity does anyone play runescape or maplestory? i dont play rs much, and im a noob in maplestory, but im curious, does anyone play them?

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

U should definitely like Boba because he has a more interesting history than Jango. He also had a LONGER history than Jango because a jedi didnt lop of his noggin like Jango. Also, Boba is just plain old better than Jango. No, I dont play Runescape or Maplestory.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

draco fett wrote:

Unfortunately, I do not have many Cthulu Mythos tales.

I found a website that had all the stories online, but I just found out that it's gone now.  I'm sure you can find another one if you want (or since I saved all the files, you can IM me and I'll send them to you.)  My favorite so far is probably the Witchhouse story just because I'm still having nightmares over it.

Balancesheet wrote:

I started memorizing Raven a while back, I've only got the first two bits down though...

I thought I was the only one!  I've been trying for years and I've only got four or five stanzas.  sad  I do have Annabelle Lee done.  Don't know any lines from the Conqueror Worm.  Did either of you ever read Lovecraft's poem "Fungi from Yuggoth"?  It makes no sense whatsoever.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator