Topic: Fact Checking Needed for Legends Fett Fan Fiction
Correllian_Joe92 here looking for some help from my fellow fans of the dented helmet. Out of sheer cussedness, I've decided to write a script for a stop motion fan series set late in the Legends timeline (46-47 ABY to be precise) and I needed to bounce my knowledge off someone else to make sure I've got my facts right going into the thing. Understand, I have read Legends stories extensively - in particular Legends Fett stories - but I admit I do have gaps in my knowledge of the lore and some questions that aren't readily answered on Wookieepedia. If you guys would indulge me by answering some questions (to your best knowledge, but citations are always helpful) that would be great!
(1) Fett recieved a new set of beskar armor from Medrit Vasur, is this armor comparable to the canon 'rearmored' Fett armor in color and layout or is it more like Jango's (including thigh and shin plates, etc)?
(2) What weaponry is Fett carrying at this point? (I may be remembering this totally wrong, but I thought Karen Traviss mentioned in a story once that Fett had reclaimed his father's Westar pistols. But that could be some odd headcanon I came up with in the years since reading her books.)
(3) Did the authors (beyond Traviss) make any efforts to represenr Fett's advancing age (ie heading towards 80) in later Legends lore, beyond his debilitating illness at the start of the Legacy if the Force series?
(3) Natasi Daala had agreed to help Fett in finding a cure for the FG36 variant nanovirus that had been unleashed on Mandalore in 41 ABY. Is there any consistent sources that detail the effectiveness of this disease on the populace? And, also, given Daala's status as a wanted fugitive by the Galactic Alliance and outcast in the Remnant, what resources did she have at her disposal in order to help Fett in this way?
(4) What is Sintas Vel's status, based on her last appearance? I know she had returned to Mandalore in Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines, but had she been extracted once the nanovirus was released?
(5) How plentiful is beskar at this point? I know that a vein was found coinciding with the LOTF era that allowed the Mandalorians to nuild new ships and boost their economy, but is it still considered a limited commodity despite this?
These are my questions for now, thanks in advance to anyone willing to answer them!