Topic: The Mandalorian Season 2 Episode 8 (Season Finale)

What a day to go into the season finale, with the passing of Jeremy Bulloch, the original actor to play Boba Fett, earlier today.

In his memory, let's look forward to his character living on through other actors and new stories, like what has happened in this season of "The Mandalorian."

Without further ado...

Spoilers Ahead

It's highly likely we'll see Boba Fett in the episode, involved in the recovery of Grogu.

The storyline suggests Grogu was communicating with someone on that rock a couple episodes ago, so will they show up and be a Jedi?

It's possible we'll see more familiar locations. Perhaps Jabba's Palace. We'll see.

Index

See our threads for past episodes:

Season 2 Episode 7
Season 2 Episode 6
Season 2 Episode 5
Season 2 Episode 4
Season 2 Episode 3
Season 2 Episode 2
Season 2 Episode 1

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Re: The Mandalorian Season 2 Episode 8 (Season Finale)

It’s crazy how we are already at the season finale. Besides the characters from the last episode (excluding Mayfield) I have no idea what to expect in this episode!

#BobaFett has an emoji again on Twitter and it's a new one:

https://www.bobafettfanclub.com/boards/img/m/2/p1epqe2of716sh5u71is813r21aa53.png

Founder/Editor, BFFC

https://www.bobafettfanclub.com/boards/img/m/2/p1epqe3ahfmgn7q1bsobjt92k3.jpeg

Founder/Editor, BFFC

Holy crap! Boba the new Crime Boss.....I almost cried when I watched that end scene.

“The Book of Boba Fett” is Season 3 of Mandalorian?!

The spin-off-of-sorts rumors were true...

Makes up for the so-so scene with Bo-Katan earlier in the episode.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

The ending gave me all sorts of chills man...

8 (edited by BroBa Fett Friday, December 18, 2020 2:23 am)

Bo Katan: “You’re a disgrace to the armor”.

Also Bo Katan: *Was part of death watch who terrorized Mandalore and murdered many people and tried to overthrow her sister during the clone wars* lol

Don’t get me wrong, Bo is awesome and she has changed a lot/grown since the Death Watch days but I’m not sure she herself has the cleanest resume as that kind of stuff can’t exactly be undone lol

Well that was awesome.

https://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/albums/userpics/10001/the-book-of-boba-fett-0-1608287582.jpg

Founder/Editor, BFFC

Boba appears to have recovered his unpainted helmet for a few seconds of his fight against Reeves :

https://www.bobafettfanclub.com/boards/img/m/10297/p1epqn8u8s13hlgeritc1pg2vlp3.png

Whoops

By the way

Amazing episode

Amazing Boba Fett

Thanks The Mandalorian

Boba Fett french, good looking out. Must be the (or a) stunt helmet getting beat up there.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

https://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/albums/userpics/10001/boba-fett-in-the-mandalorian-1608289406.jpg

Note the "patch" baked into the jetpack prop, even though the damaged one is shown on the ship, making this a second pack for Fett.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

BFFC Admin wrote:

https://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/albums/userpics/10001/the-book-of-boba-fett-0-1608287582.jpg

There are no words... only helmet knods. The past 24 hours have been a roller coaster.

Other than the de-aging SFX being a bit off, it was an absolutely perfect episode. Fennec freeing the slave and Boba sitting on Jabba’s throne in the stinger for a new series was icing on the cake. Din Djarin wasn’t the only one crying at the end.

GL wrote:

Holy crap! Boba the new Crime Boss.....I almost cried when I watched that end scene.

Me, too. I was so scared that they might kill Boba, but now he's THE MAN and getting his own show!

BFFC Admin wrote:

I took this as The Book of Boba is a spin-off series being announced in this teaser.

What do you guys think?

BFFC Admin wrote:

The king is dead.  Long live the king.

A very "Conan the Barbarian" feel and look to the ending there, sitting on his throne.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

4Runner wrote:
BFFC Admin wrote:

I took this as The Book of Boba is a spin-off series being announced in this teaser.

What do you guys think?

Yeah that's another show big_smile

Fantastic episode! Finally, Boba getting the respect he deserves! I also think it's not the last time we see Din and Grogu together.

I guess Boba finally answered the question himself on whether "he" was a Mandalorian or not, once and for all.  Sounded like he pretty much said he wasn't. 

-Bo Katan: "You're not a Mandalorian."
-Boba Fett: "I never said I was."

At least we got confirmation that Jango Fett was Mandalorian and his mentor was Jaster Mereel.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

Episode 8 was epic! With a certain someone having a Rogue One Darth Vader style moment and Boba taking Jabba's Throne on Tatooine! Can't wait for The Book of Boba Fett next December! big_smile

I was doing ok till R2 rolled in.  What an ending for these last two seasons. 

RIP Jeremy <3

24 (edited by ctxboy1981 Friday, December 18, 2020 9:32 am)

BFFC Admin wrote:

Koska or whatever her name is roughing up Boba during the cantina scene was pure crap but I can kind of let that go seeing the post-credit sequence. There's going to be a Boba spin-off show after all! big_smile

Wow, what an episode. Last 16 mins was just smiles and tears. Who knew a 46 year old could bawl his eyes out like the 7 year old watching Luke find out who his father is and getting his hand chopped off shortly after watching Boba take Solo to Jabba in Empire.  So many emotions. 

I missed the ending the first time then watched the last 16 min again and had it playing in the background all while playing keyboard warrior on Twitter then all of a sudden... Jabbas Palace.
2021 can’t get here soon enough.