Topic: [NEWS] Upcoming Bounty: LEGO Slave I

Source: BFFC

Upcoming Bounty is a series of editorial posts about newly released and/or newly announced Boba Fett collectibles, giving you the lowdown along with a pro collector opinion on what's what.

LEGO Slave I (75060)

http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/news/wp-content/uploads/lego-slave-1-75060-tn.jpg

Available January 1, 2015 from LEGO.com is the Lego Ultimate Collectors Series Slave I, kit #75060.  At 1,996 pieces it's the biggest Slave I to date and certainly looks to maintain the quality of appearance standards of the UCS line.  It's also Lego's latest attempt at a Star Wars kit that is to scale (or close to scale) to their minifigs.  Speaking of minifigs, this kit includes a new Boba Fett ESB paint/print scheme (for the variant hunters), Han Solo both in and out of carbonite, as well as a Stormtrooper and Bespin Guard.  Priced at $199.99 this kit may be a bit pricey for the casual collectors, but unlike some other UCS models this one looks like it rates high on the playability scale.

Pros:

• Who doesn't love Legos?

• Larger kit size create a more streamlined and less blocky look more closely matching the look of the original ILM model

Cons:

• Stickers.  This kit has a lot of stickers.

• Boba is still sporting a Jango Fett Geonosis model jet pack.

My take:

I'm getting at least one.  The Lego UCS line appreciates in value dramatically after a run ends so for those of us that sometimes sell off collection pieces to fund new ones these are a good investment.  Plus it's Slave-1, so come on!  I'm looking forward to building it and displaying it in pursuit of my 10179 Millennium Falcon.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Re: [NEWS] Upcoming Bounty: LEGO Slave I

Hmm, wonder if I can buy one and pretend it's for the kids tongue

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...