Re: RPG:Champions of Geridarr

Link's ninjas had been easy enough to defeat, but he hadn't been fast enough to attack the "Shadow" person.  By the time he registered what was going on, the fight had ended.  Obviously, this group of adventurers that he was a part of were more than capable of handling themselves in battle.  This was good, as he was getting tired of having to protect people who didn't know how to handle themselves.  he liked them and all, but they tended to place themselves in danger far too often.  these people, though, were different, and for that, Link was thankful.

Even so, Link had difficulty trusting the Ocelot person, although he could not figure out why.  And the telepath being was disconcerting; one who could read your every thought was something to fear.

At this, the alien telepath turned and shot Link a glare, or, at least he thought it was a glare; it was hard to tell with the inhuman face.  Link sighed, and decided to take the advice of the others and rest.  The moment his heat struck the pillow, he was asleep. And dreaming....

There was a field, vast, and seemingly without end.  The long grass waved gracefully in the wind, and the cool breeze stirred through the clear blue sky.  Link breathed deeply of the peace and closed his eyes in ecstasy.  When they opened, he saw the landscape changing; going from lush and lively to dark and dead.  A shadow stretched across the earth, like a stain destroying everything in its path.  Link tried to draw his sword and shield to fight it, only to find that they were gone; he was defenseless.

As suddenly as the dark advance began, it halted, and a figure arose from the shadows.  it was...him.  A Dark Link, a mirror image of him.  His tunic and chainmail were coloured black, and his skin the colour of charcoal.  His eyes flared an evil red, and his mouth was twisted in a sadistic grin.

"Hail, Hero.  I do so hope you find your stay here... eventful.  For you have arrived in the land of your death; you will not be leaving Geridarr alive, boy."

Link was used to threats; usually they came from Ganondorf and were overcome.  This one however, being much simpler and direct, and different stirred a feeling of primal fear within him.  As the Dark Link laughed maniacally, Link awoke, screaming...

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Vanessa heard her stomach growl and decided it was time to see if the restaurant had opened. She left the guys to their conversation and was glad to see that it was 5.45am. As she reached the restaurant she almost let out a whoop of delight. The lights were on and there was activity.

A woman in her mid thirties came to unlock the door, “Welcome fraulein, please come in and take a seat.”

Vanessa raised a brow, “You’re from German decent?”

The woman nodded, “Yes, although my English is good.”

Vanessa smiled, “It is, I wasn’t questioning it.”

“I am Claudia, would you like a table for one?” the waitress asked.

“Yes please,” Vanessa said as the woman led her to a window seat.

Claudia handed her a menu, “The special this morning is Knackwurst with a side of onions and toast.”

“I’m feeling the need for scrambled eggs on toast,” Vanessa said as she lifted the menu. She grinned as she saw she could have a choice of sausages or bacon on the side. She placed her order and watched as Claudia left.

Vanessa looked out the window to see Rogue heading over. As she walked through the doorway Vanessa waved her over.

“I’m starved, what looks good?” Rogue asked as she picked up Vanessa’s menu.

Claudia came back over and Rogue decided to go with the special.

“Did you sleep well?” Vanessa asked.

“Not really, yourself?” Rogue said as she chose something to drink.

“Bad dreams, but I’m rested enough.” Vanessa replied

Rogue nodded, “I think it’s this place. I had bad dreams too.”

“Great we’re supposed to kick butt on minimal sleep, peachy.” Vanessa grumbled but smiled as her food arrived.

“So what do we do today?” Rogue asked as her plate was set before her.

“I guess Dr Jones, will be informing us soon enough.” Vanessa replied.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Ocelot got up from the stool he was sitting on; next to him was a slumped over Indiana Jones, and a large half asleep alien in a jacuzzi; as if things weren't weird enough. He walked away from the pool to the restaurant, it was reminiscent of a diner he'd been in once. Ocelot sat down comfortably, putting his arm over the back of the booth.

"Well well. Look who's here."

"This IS my signature."

Vanessa looked up to see the newcomer enter the restaurant. "Here's our latest recruit," Vanessa told Rogue.

Rogue smiled and waved him over, "Come join us, sugar."

Vanessa watched as Ocelot pulled up a chair, "I'm almost done, you can have my spot if you want."

Ocelot shrugged, "It's fine. I'll make do."

Vanessa nodded, "So what's the plan for today."

"Stay alive and kick some butt," Ocelot said as he picked up a menu.

"Isn't that always the plan?" Rogue said with a chuckle.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Flame couldnt sleep. Not that he ever really could. This place just made it worse. The dreams were back again. More memories then anything else, the confinement, the pain, but only made worse by the place he was in. He woke up, remembering the screams as he burned his way out. He remembered the death, the heat. The rage. He was angry. He did not think he liked Indiana Jones much, coming into the situation and instantly acting as if he knew what was best. Flame did not assume that he knew more of the place than the others, but he did not like how a man who had been here a few hours and deemed important by that damned fool felt he had the right to treat Flame like he was under his command. Flame felt he could have delt with the shadow slightly better then Indy. He knew he could have. That Dr. Jones believed that he was better then Flame perhaps because Flame wasn't  there fighting because he felt something that might have been a threat to them all and went after it then he was just like the others, just like the people in mission city.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Jack woke up suddenly, realizing that it was morning. He was in the horrid place not on his beloved Pearl. So he got up, reaffirming his weapons, and flipped a gold coin up in the air once. "For Luck" he muttered.

He didn't see anyone out in the hall and didn't hear anything either, so he went off to look for the rest of the party, and hopefully Rogue.

*sorry its so short. I'm not sure what to post right now......

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Indy woke with a start.

His dream had been penetrated by The Shadow. Indy couldn't remember much from it, only that The Shadow said he would be watching. And that laugh...that blood curtling cackle....

He got off the stool and saw that Vanessa and Ocelot had left. Gorfin was in a trance in the jacuzzi. Indy walked over and put his hand on Gorfin's shoulder.

"Lets get some breakfast." Indy said when Gorfin looked up at him.

"Agreed." Gorfin said and slid out of the Jacuzzi. He grabbed a towel from a chair and dried himself off.

Indy and Gorfin entered the restaurant and the whole party was there...eating no less. Indy wasn't sure how they were gonna pay for this. Flame was in a far corner looking out the window and Indy wanted to rely on him as less as possible after his absence last night when they were nearly all killed. So he wasn't going to ask him for any more silver.

There were several chairs put together and everyone was having some small talk and eating. Indy and Gorfin joined them.

"Morning, sugar..." Rogue said, with her thumb seductively placed upon her lips.

"Nice of you to join us, Indy, Gorfin." Vanessa said

"Whaz da plan?" Jack asked, already cuddling with a bottle of rum he ordered.

At the mention of a 'plan' Flame turned to the group, mainly Indy, to see what he was going to pull out of his *** this time. Indy looked to Flame for a moment, then back to the table.

"For now, we eat. We'll need the strength. Afterwards, Flame is going to take us to the Spirit Temple." Indy said, not bothering to look at Flame. He could feel the anger from Flame from being ordered to do something. In truth, Indy wasn't ordering anything. He was following what Dumbledore had asked of him. He seemed the most knowledgable about their situation.

The waitress came over and Indy hadn't thought about ordering yet.

"Try these things." Link said with a mouthful of food and pointed to a stack of pancakes on his plate. Indy went ahead and ordered them.

"So whats the contraption on your back?" Indy asked Vanessa as he waited for his food.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Vanessa smiled, "Oh that's just my favourite weapon. It's able to produce several different types of fire power. Each has a unique motion. Let's see, there's one that basically shoots beams that are as powerful as rays from a sun from my hands. Another I can spin and shoot them all around me. I also have this orb of energy that explodes like a bomb that destroys anything electrical. But honestly you really need to see it in action to understand."

"So is the fire power unlimited?" Indiana asked.

Vanessa shook her head, "Each time my suit lets off a powerful burst it's drained. It will recharge but I can get off three power shots in quick succession before it's fully drained. Recharging doesn't take long, but it can be too long if the situation is bad. You look like you're having an idea."

BFFC Moderator

Flame walked past the others. "Do not eat too much, the spirit temple reeks of death" He stepped outside, and tried to find whatever it was that had been stalking them last night. He thought he felt something but he was unsure. A moment later two people walked up to the inn, one in a white button-down shortsleeved shirt spattered with something red and a red and black striped tie, the other, a female in a blue shirt. The man apeared to be carrying a criket bat. As they passed flame looked over "You got red on you."

((so, can we have NPC vindicators? tongue))

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

(Yeah, but they cant come with us to any temples just yet. Is that Shawn of the Dead? I somehow doubt his capability to traverse Geridarr with a cricket bat...)

"No just asking." Indy said while the pancakes arrived relatively quickly. They may have some futuristic way of preparing food quicker.

Indy finished his food and everyone else seemed about done. The waitress stood near by, check in hand. Indy waved her over. It was time to pull a fast one...

The waitress came over and handed Indy the little plastic tray in which the check was laid. Indy reached into his satchel, took out the shining medallion and tapped the tray with the medallion.

"That enough silver for you?" Indy asked, trying to seem like he owned the place. The waitress' eyes opened wide and she shook her head 'yes' in fear. She craddled the check and disappeared into the kitchen. Indy would try to pay her back sometime. He stuffed the medallion away and stood.

"Alright well....lets move out." Indy said adjusting his fedora.

(Dont drag that meeting on AA, we gotta go to the Spirit Temple)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

With her meal finished Vanessa stood and wondered how Indiana had managed to convince the waitress to let them go without paying.

Rogue walked by her side, "Well that was weird."

Vanessa nodded, "I know, I wonder why she was so willing to let us go without paying."

"Maybe he used the Force," Rogue joked.

"The Force?" Vanessa asked.

"It's from a movie in my time, Star Wars." Rogue told.

Vanessa nodded, "Ah one of the classics. Unfortunately I've never seen it."

"Shame, sugar. You don't know what you're missing," Rogue said with a smile.

BFFC Moderator

It had been an exciting night.

Dark clad humans had raided the building where the party Krash’nah had been watching.  The diverse party had handled themselves admirably.  Even without his help they probably would have all survived.  Holding a highly polished skull up against the breaking sunrise, Krash’nah recalled the bulging eyes of the man just as the spear had pierced his chest.

Turning his attention back to the ground level, Krash’nah watched the party gathering outside in the street below.  He especially eyed the reptilian shape shifter who had spoken to him the night before.  He could sense my presence.  The voice still echoed in Krash’nah’s head.  He lied…he didn’t know exactly where I was…but he KNEW I was there…and he may have the power find me if he’d had the time.  I must Never let that one out of my sight.

As the party started out into the desert, Krash’nah dropped to the ground and followed…

When they were all accounted for and had double checked their supplies

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Gorfin watched curiously at the transaction between Indy and the waitress.  He actually sensed genuine fear from the young humanoid.  Strange how a harmless piece of metal could cause such a disturbance.  If only Gorfin had one of those. 

For now he would have to find a way to get his own currency.

He followed Indiana outside.

"So.  How do we get to this Spirit Temple?"

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Vanessa looked up, "Yeah I'm hoping there's a bus this time."

Jack laughed as he staggered over, "A bus? Is that a better sort of donkey?"

Vanessa smirked, "Yes, it's huge and can seat many people."

"Hmm," Jack said as he raised his fingers to his lips and tapped them, "I think I could use one of these bus things. Will it fit on a ship?"

Rogue joined in, "Depends on how big your boat is."

Jack smiled and twitched his eyebrows, "Oh it's plenty big, love. Maybe I'll show you some time."

Rogue rolled her eyes, "We have lots of buses were I come from."

BFFC Moderator

(uh yeah, i'm pulling out of this RPG due to sudden huge amount of homework from school (this includes all other RPGs i am active in), so i won't be on as much. val, u can have my dude get killed by the emperor or something)

141 (edited by Ralin Drakus Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:37 pm)

*I hear ya man; that's why I've been off a lot......school sucks*

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

142 (edited by Terra Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:55 pm)

Fett_II wrote:

(uh yeah, i'm pulling out of this RPG due to sudden huge amount of homework from school (this includes all other RPGs i am active in), so i won't be on as much. val, u can have my dude get killed by the emperor or something)

Might be better if I do the same. Same reasons. Sorry Val, your RPG rocks, but I just can't keep up to date with it. Lost track since too long and it's not sure I can do better in the future.

As he was walking in the city of Tesba, Gilius Thunderhead suddenly felt a punctual pain in his neck. His reflexes slowed down by the numbness from the night before, he grabbed whatever caused it, crushed it in his hand, then looked : he found out it was a bee. He also found out he was allergical to bee stings, but a bit too late.

He suddenly felt like the world was fading around him, and he quickly started to lack air. The people passing by seemed worried and a bit sorry for him as he just died there, within a couple minutes.

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)