Re: RPG - Supernatural: Vampire vs Werewolf

Fort saw the black wolf agree to join Crispin's coven. He didnt really feel anything about that. No difference to him.

Then he saw Daphne running into the wooded park across the street. He narrowed his eyes in confusion and looked in the direction she was running, there was a woman she was running after......"Interesting..." He thought

THen he saw Crispin run after Daphne. "Hmmm......Could it be?" he thought again

Fort decided to follow them and opened the door to the car. Griggs grabbed his shoulder.

"Whoa whoa, where you going?" Griggs said

"After those two lycans there."

"Why? What did they do? Dont you have like a truce with them?"

"I do, thats why im going after them. Its about my mother." At this Griggs released Fort's shoulder and nodded at him.

Fort took off after Crispin.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

“He doesn’t know the circumstances and that’s how it should stay,” Anita told already looking for the exit.

“Everyone has a right to know their parents,” Daphne said in reply.

Anita let out a sigh and then looked up to see Crispin running their way. “My other problem is him, he never would accept a Halfling.”

“Anita, Crispin loves you. He worries about you and now he also suspects he has a grandson. Don’t they both deserve to know the truth?” Daphne said getting ready to tackle Anita if she planned to run.

Anita looked at the ground and let out an even deeper sigh. “I suppose so. The truth is that I’ve been keeping track of Nathaniel for years. It’s why I disappear from the pack so often.”

Crispin stepped up and heard her, “You should have told me.”

Anita glared at him, “You could never accept that I loved a human. How could I believe that you wouldn’t kill your own grandson when you found out he was half human?”

“Blood is blood, family is family. I stick by my own. I wouldn’t have been happy but I would have gotten over it.” Crispin said gruffly.

At that moment Nathaniel caught up and Anita looked at him like she was seeing a ghost. For once she didn’t run as her son was looking at her directly. As a child he had grown at the normal pace of a human but Anita suspected that now he was an adult the werewolf aging process would kick in and give him a longer life. She was amazed to know that this man was her son but part of her was deeply disappointed that he hunted his own kind. He saw the animal side of himself as a weakness and Anita was deeply regretful of that. She should have been with him when he was a child. She should have taught him to embrace what he was. But instead she had stood back and let his father do it.

Elric had been the love of her life. But Anita wasn’t stupid, she knew that they could not grow old together like other couples. Elric would have wasted away before her while she’d stayed young. She’d left when she realised it could never work, as much as she’d loved him.

She looked at Nathaniel and smiled sadly at him, “Hello son.”

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

This had been the first time he saw his mother, other than in her wolf form. He was quite shocked.

"Hello...mother." He said hesitantly, this was a new concept for him.

Anita's sad smile became wet with tears as they slid down her face. She walked up to her son, and hugged him. THis had been the first time she touched him since he was born.

-

After the birth, Anita and Elric decided that Elric should raise the child. Anita did not trust that Crispin would be happy with Anita bringing in a halfling into the coven. She thought he would kill Nathaniel on the spot. She told Elric about how she had to leave and return to her coven and her family. It was for the best.

Elric, overwhelmed by Anita's decision to leave, took Nathaniel to the Silver Knights of St. Michael. At first, the Knights were shocked by the abomination that Elric had brought into the order. Yet Elric was the Commander, and had the final say in everything. Eventually everyone accepted Nathaniel. However, Elric chose to raise Nathaniel as a human, not a werewolf hybrid. Nathaniel knew what he was, yet he didnt know why his father had mated with his mother if werewolves were to be killed. Elric never explained this to Nathaniel.

Elric knew that Anita was one of the few werewolves that had humanity left in her. He did not want to risk Nathaniel growing up and thinking that all werewoles had compassion. Then he might be tricked and killed by them. Elric didn't like it, but he knew it had to be done to make sure Nathaniel didnt get himself killed by thinking he should be merciful on a werewolf, and be decieved by it.

Eventually, Nathaniel learned to control his Lycanthropy. Elric fell in love with Sophia del Carmen, married her, and had another son...Daniel. Nathaniel lived with them until he joined the Knights.

-

Nathaniel looked down at his mother, and slowly put his arms around her and hugged her back. This was somewhat difficult for Nathaniel. He did love his unknown mother on some level, yet he was a little disappointed at how she never communicated with him.

He eased her off and looked in her teary eyes.

"Why mother?" He asked, she knew what he meant.

"How could I Nathaniel? After how your father raised you, after you lived with slayers... How did I know you wouldn't try to kill me on the spot?" She replied

"You could have tried! I thought you were just another malicious lycan, angered by the fact that you have a halfling son and you discarded me."

"Of course not! But after Elric disappeared I knew you would kill me on sight because of how angry you were at the world."

Fort looked at Anita intently.

"How did you know he disappeared?" He asked

"Well, besides the fact that i've been keeping tabs on you for years.........I was on the mission that went into Lord Zizzoroth's castle."

Fort took a step back, shocked.

"What? How did yo- When could yo-"

"I found out that he was going one of the times I went to go see you at Elric and Sophia's house. I met up with him in Norway. The elite slayers allowed me on the team after Elric told them that I was the werewolf who was Nathaniel's mother. As you no doubt heard however...none of us was able to save him..."

"He's not dead! He's still out there! They haven't found his body yet! There's still the mirror, he's in there! I know it! Dad would never let Zizzoroth get the best of him!" Fort yelled as tears erupted from his eyes. Anita sped forward and took him in her arms again. Fort cried into her shoulder.

"It's alright my son..." She said to him comfortingly. Fort hugged his mother back and looked at the stars. He would find his father, him and Daniel would do it together. He would find his father if it took him to the goddamn ends of the Earth to do so......

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Daphne watched the exchange between Anita and Nathaniel. Crispin was watching them while he awaiting his turn to talk to his family. Daphne felt rather out of place. She had served her purpose.

Daphne stepped away from the others. They needed time to talk. They had a lot of catching up to do. Daphne backed away subtly and walked down the street with her hands in her pockets

-

Clara smiled at Paul but she didn’t miss the look in his eyes. He didn’t trust the newcomer.

Clara wasn’t so sure herself. She was glad to have a new werewolf around as they’d lost so many of their own of late. She wondered if he’d know more about the thing that was hunting them and killing them.

Clara moved close to Paul, “Why are you concerned about him?”

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Striker ran bursting into the throne room, panting a bit too.

"Milord, Ashryn is on his way back. He says he has the woman, but is being pursued as we speak."

"Damn, he usually makes a clean getaway. See to it he makes it home. Take out whoever is following him."

"Yes, milord."

And Striker was off to fight whoever was following his vampire comrade.

"Haven't you ever got a feeling about someone?  Some felling that you can't really describe but it still sends shivers down your spine every time you think about it?  He seems to have an aura of fear around him.  But it doesn't look like it affects any of you so I must be-"

The wolf turned it's bloodied snout to Paul as he walked by.  For a moment Paul could do nothing as he was pulled into the gaze from those grey eyes.  They say the eyes were the windows to the soul.  Paul was sure his soul was now frozen solid.  For wat seemed like an eternity they held eye-contact.  Which could be viewed as bad.  Some wolves took more after their wolf personalities and took direct eye contact as a threat.  The new wolf broke eye contact an turned back observing the others.  Paul shuddered visably. 

"What's wrong with you Paul?"

"You don't feel anything at all?"

"No."

"Then I must be imagining it."  Determined to shake off this mood her told her something.  "Let's follow them back.  I have something to show you once we get back."

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Clara and Paul followed the others at a distant pace. Nick and Loxley led the new wolf to their home and Clara started to get the feeling that Paul might be right.

Clara took Paul’s hand, initially he stiffened at her touch then relaxed. “I think we should get away from the others.” Clara said starting to feel uncomfortable.

-

Daphne stopped when she came to a shop window that displayed various photos by a professional photographer. There were beautiful photos of sunsets over water, forest floors lit with a few bright beams of sunlight and then there were the family portraits. Daphne touched the window and was reminded of the death of her own mother. Like her brothers, Daphne’s mother had been killed by slayers. Her father was hunting down the one who had done it. He’d been gone for over a year. Daphne knew he was still alive as he rang her every few days.

Daphne sighed, she was so alone now. The oncoming Luna Eclipse was making her feel even more lonely. She looked at Nathaniel with his mother and grandfather. He should be thankful to have family even if he didn’t really know them. She knew she must have been staring at them like a sad puppy but she couldn’t help it.

BFFC Moderator

Nikoli quickly reached his new home. As a wolf, he couldent help lifting his head and sniffing, but that quickly changed as he turned back to a half wolf.  He ran off to get his possesions, leaving Loxley, Nick and Zan alone. When he reached the small cave he turned back to his normal self, dressed, grabbed his sword placing it on his back, and headed back.

(he is wearing uh.....its like theres an anticreative thingy in my brain.....so i'll think of what hes wearing laterz)

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Crispin meerly stood and watched the scene unfold. It was really too much for him to go an hug Fort...they all understood.

Fort released his mother and wiped his tears. He brushed himself off and took a deep breath.

"Alright...Dad is.... for another day. Now...we have the situation with the weird deaths of vampires and lycans all over the place." Fort said to Crispin and Anita

"Yes, i've been meaning to address that with you. Have you discovered anything worthwhile? I heard you came here to investigate it..." Crispin said

"Yea I did find out alot. Daphne should hear this though." Fort called out to Daphne who was looked at them with a strange look on her face.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Loxley didn’t like the new werewolf but then Loxley didn’t tend to like any new additions to their pack. You never knew what traits they’d bring with them. Plus the pack would need to work out where the new wolf fit into the pecking order. Right now Loxley couldn’t be bothered. He decided to leave Nick, Zan and the growing crowd with the newcomer.

“Where are you going?” The newcomer asked.

“None of your damn business,” Loxley replied as he stalked off. In his haste Loxley almost bowled over Karen.

Karen was a younger wolf who had just come of age. She was a distant cousin of Daphne’s and Loxley found he was surprised by just how similar Karen looked to Daphne. She had a different face shape and her hair was lighter but Karen had the same eyes, similar shaped nose and lips to Daphne. For once Loxley actually considered seeking out someone other than Daphne.

“Excuse me, Karen,” he said as he stepped around her.

“Hi Loxley, that’s okay.” Karen replied and looked at him with a small smile.

Loxley watched her pass. Then he resumed his task. He needed to check that Daphne was okay, if not for himself then for Thomas’ memory.

-

Daphne was startled when Nathaniel called out to her. She made her way back to the group wondering why she was being called over.

“I found out what is hunting us,” Nathaniel told.

Daphne stood taller, her previous mood forgotten. “What is it?”

BFFC Moderator

286 (edited by Valthonin Monday, December 17, 2007 5:34 pm)

"Alright well I analized the body of Tiffany and ran various tests on it. I sent the results to HQ and they told me its a... Balor Lord."

Crispin's head sank into his hands. Anita eyes grew wide and her hand covered her mouth. Daphne looked at the faces of the three, yet didnt completely understand.

"Soooo im guessing this is really bad?" She said to Fort. He simply nodded at her. Crispin spoke from within his hands.

"And I suppose you, as a slayer, know how to kill it Nathaniel?"

"Yes. Complete decapitation." Fort replied.

"That sounds simple enough." Daphne said

"No, it isn't. First of all, you need to get past the Balor Lord immense size and fine tuned reflexes. For its size it has great speed, which is one of the things that separates it from a regular Balor. Then, the Balor Lord can also cast a number of spells. Some of which include fireballs-" Fort said befor ehe was cut off

"Wait, spells? As in magic?" Daphne asked skeptically

"Yes....magic. Anyways, some of which include fireballs, flamethrower, and invisibility. There are definitly more, but no one's lived to tell of them naturally. And the invisibility is probably how he's been getting around so well. Now, if you do manage to dodge his spells too he has his giant fire sword and fire whip. Which are probably his most deadly weapons. Then, if by some grace of God you manage to get past all of that...theres the fact that his hide is stronger then the bark of a sequoia the size of a house. His whole body is surrounded by an aura of fire, and since the only way to kill him is by decapitation the rest of his body regenerates. You cant impale his heart because its encased in unbelievably tough bone casing. His head isnt really that much of a head... its more of just his horned skull. Oh and did I meantion he has wings? Yea he flies..."

Link may not work right, if it shows you some stupid little message from Tripod then copy and past it into the address bar
http://nidastar.tripod.com/nwn/images/nwnbalor005.jpg
(But with more fire smile )

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

287 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Monday, December 17, 2007 7:50 pm)

After taking the new member of the pack to the den, Zan rejoined the Crispin and the others in time for him to hear Fort talking about a Balor Lord. Zan stiffened in surprise. "A Balor Lord?" he asked. "Here?" Fort nodded. Zan only snorted in frustration, exhaling smoke as he did so. Makeing a few of the people there cough. "What would a Balor want here?" Asked Zan, after a moment.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

"It doesn't matter what the Balor wants. All that matters is that it's killing our kind." Crispin said, raising his head from his hands, a look of solemn determination covering his face.

"We're going to need some of my strongest fighters. I say we put otgether a team, we find it, kill it, and rip its damn heart out." Crispin looked at his friends and family all around him.

"Who'se with me?"

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

When they arrived at the conclave Paul led Clara to his hovel.  For it couldn't be called anything but.  It was pretty much a shed.

"Wait outside."  Paul went inside and began rummaging around.  He threw some magazines to the side and found what he was looking for.  Opening the small case he looked at the object and smiled.  It was perfect.  He made his way outside and began explaining.

"Well I've really been thinking long and hard about this.  I have decided to give you this."  He opened the case and inside was a ring.  Clara's jaw dropped and her eyes grew wide.

'Is that for me?"

"Yes.  It is precious to me.  It belonged to my mother.  She had been killed by a werewolf and she gave it to me before she died.  I went out to fight the werewolf being a brash teenager struck with grief.  I was nearly killed.  The wolf bit me in the process.  Thus began my life as a were.  But in a mad rage I killed him with a silver cane that had belonged to my father.  I didn't keep the cane because I never had fond memories of my father but my mother was always special to me.  So I'd like you to have the ring."

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

290 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Monday, December 17, 2007 9:04 pm)

(That sounds like Nikoli's kind of plan right there)

The other was rude and arrogant, but no matter, he would learn his place soon enough. A female passed by she remotely resembled a woman he had known before he was turned. She had been killed by creatures, it had upset him greatly, he had cared for her. He had had his revenge in time however. He walked up to a man and asked him where he should go to aquire a living area.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

"I'm always with you, my friend." Said Zack solemnly. Crispon nodded knowingly. "Anyone else?" asked Crispin.

(I just cant shake these short posts, can I?)

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

292 (edited by Valthonin Monday, December 17, 2007 8:37 pm)

Fort looked to Daphne. He didnt want to admit it, yet he expected her....and wanted her ("Damn you Luna Eclipse!!!" he thought to himself).... to join this operation. He could definitely use the help anyways...

"To answer your question...um...dragon...the Balor Lord is probably here preying upon the souls, energy and power of the lycans and vampires around here. He probably sensed the conflict going on here in Murk Valley and thought he could use it as cover. What I dont know... is how he got here, how he was summoned. Doesn't matter now I guess. Anyways...Daphne, m-mom...what say you two?" Fort said

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

“Count me in,” Anita said immediately. She would take every opportunity to spend time with her son now that he knew who she was. Besides she wasn’t letting him take on this demon alone. She would protect him as best she could.

Daphne was taking in what he said. So it had been a demon who had killed so many. She reached for the ring on the end of her necklace and touched it gently. She would do this for Thomas. “Yes count me in too.”

Nathaniel seemed relieved at her agreement, almost as if he’d hoped she stick around. Daphne found herself smiling at him and then remembered that he was a slayer. There was the possibility that he could decide to take her out at any stage. She’d lost enough of her family to slayers to make the same mistake.

“So what do we do?” Daphne asked.

BFFC Moderator

"We recruit as many trustworthy people as possible. I know Griggs, the other slayer here with me, will be in for sure, and hes perfect for this job. I dont know about you guys. You have to go back to your coven and recruit there i guess. Now, I have to get in contact with a warlock or wizard, most likely a freelancer, so he can come down here and help us out with the Balor Lord's spells. I know a few. I'm going back to the Murk to pick up my stuff and move somewhere else. I have no idea where though... Also, Daphne, Tiffany's body is still in my room if you want it for burial purposes or whatever." Fort said as he adjusted Nasher on his back and turned to walk away.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Griggs waited in the truck untill Fort came back.

"So, how did things go? Was she your mother?"

"Yeah, the mother I never had."

"At least she's alive."

"Yeah, I just didn't know how to react is all..."

"Glad to see that empty space of yours filled, Fort. Now, what's the plan?"

((I can change it if you don't like it.))

"This IS my signature."

296 (edited by BFFC-Mel Monday, December 17, 2007 10:58 pm)

Daphne thought about Tiffany’s body for the moment. Although both vampires and werewolves liked to keep their presence a secret from the humans it didn’t mean they neccessarily disposed of the other’s dead. Daphne looked at Crispin, “I guess we should dispose of Tiffany.”

“Leave it to me,” Crispin said as he started walking away, he extended his arm to his daughter and Anita decided to take it.

Daphne turned to go after Nathaniel, she had a solution to his residential issue. She caught up to him as she spoke to the other hunter. Daphne felt herself instinctively recoil. Nathaniel turned to look at her, “Are you okay?”

Daphne gave a wary nod as she took a step backward. “I’m fine. I need to talk to you. Alone preferrably.”

Nathaniel looked intrigued as he parted company with his fellow slayer, “What is it?”

“You said you needed somewhere to stay, you may as well use my apartment. Just don’t get it trashed.” She said as she dug the key out of her pocket, “Don’t go through my stuff either,” Daphne said as an afterthought, even though she have very few personal possessions there.

-

Clara looked at the ring Paul gave her and felt extremely privledged. She almost wanted to give it back to him because it seemed so important to him. But then she saw the look in his eyes and realised how important it was to him for her to have it. “Thank you Paul, I feel so honoured.”

“Something beautiful like that deserves to be worn by someone just as lovely.” Paul said shyly.

Clara smiled at his compliment and leant forward to give him a kiss on the cheek. She stepped back and saw that Paul had closed his eyes to savour her touch. “You spoil me Paul.”

BFFC Moderator

Fort was stunned. This level of trust was serious...

"Can Griggs stay there too?" He asked, he wouldn't leave Griggs just anywhere. Daphne thought for a moment... this was tricky, but she trusted Nathaniel. So she would trust that he would keep Griggs in line if he had any tratorous thoughts.

"Very well." She replied. Fort understood the reluctance in her voice. She trusted him, not Griggs. But if he was with him then it would be ok it seemed.

"Alright well, im guessing this is the safe house we talked in earlier?" He asked her

"Yeah, just down this street, second right. You'll recognize the house."

"Ok, i'll get settled in and contact the warlocks and wizards that can help us. I'll call you afterwards and check on how the recruiting is going."

"Alright." Daphne said back to him. She was already walking away. Her curvy, gorgeous body swaying as she-

"DAMN YOU LUNA ECLIPSE!!!" Fort thought to himself as he made his way to his room at the Murk. He looked up at the stars and sighed. He was beginning to feel more and more at home with these Lycans.

He stepped through the broken glass and chunks of dry wall into his room. He stuffed anything that was loose back into the crate and heaved it onto his shoulder. His above human strength helped. He stopped and looked at the body bag in the corner. Crispin and Anita would come to get it later he guessed.

Fort reached Girggs waiting in the semi.

"Finally! I've been stuck in this thing for too long. So whats up?" Griggs said

"Alright well the lycans are rounding up a team to help our cause. We have a new place to live, Daphne's apartment. When we get there I gotta call some warlocks and wizards to help with the Balor Lord's spells." Fort replied.

"Alrighty then, lead the way." Griggs turned the semi on and it roared to life. Fort was somewhat startled by its power. Griggs smiled at him and floored itand it screeched down the street and to Daphne's apartment.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Daphne was halfway home when she caught Loxley’s scent. “I know you’re there, Loxley.”

Loxley emerged from the foliage. “I was checking you were okay.”

“I think you’ll see that I am.” Daphne said in response.

“I found another one,” Loxley said quietly.

“Another body?” Daphne asked as she stopped.

“Yes, it was the same as the others. “ Loxley said as they resumed walking.

“It seems we are being hunted by a demon,” Daphne told.

“What? You can’t be serious.” Loxley said in response.

“Nathaniel ran the tests, he confirmed it.” Daphne said as she avoided a fallen branch.

Loxley grabbed her arm, “I don’t like you spending so much time around him.”

“He’s going to help us.” Daphne said in Nathaniel’s defence.

Loxley growled deep in his throat, “I’ve seen the way he looks at you, I don’t like it.”

“You’re imagining things,” Daphne said in response and began to wonder.

“No I’m not. You forget it’s the Luna Eclipse, we’re all hungry for attention from those we’re attracted to.” Loxley said.

Daphne looked at him, “I feel the pull of the Luna Eclipse, Loxley. I know its coming.”

Loxley let out a sigh, “Please consider me.”

“You don’t give up, do you?” Daphne said in response.

He didn’t say anything for a moment. “So what’s the deal with this demon?”

“We need to gather the others. It’s going to take all of us to kill it.” Daphne replied, “Crispin and Anita were coming home to recruit.”

“What took you so long?” Loxley asked.

Daphne hesitated, “I was talking to Nathaniel.”

-

Paul smiled, “You deserve to be spoilt.”

Clara grinned, “Let me get something for you. I’ve got it hidden in the woods.” Clara said as she stripped off. Paul’s jaw dropped.

Clara then turned into her full wolf form and run into the forest leaving Paul to stare opened mouth after her.

Clara knew exactly where she was going. When she had been younger she had a secret hiding place for all her most treasured possessions. She wanted to give Paul something from her childhood, something very special. Eventually she found the spot she was looking for and started to dig. It only took her a few minutes to find what she was looking for. There was a small wooden chest, no bigger than a milk carton. Clara shifted into her humanoid wolf form so she could open the wooden chest. She smiled as she saw a bunch of trinkets she had thought the world of when she was a child. Then she found what she’d been looking for. A small golden knight was sculpted into a proud posture. It had been a gift from her uncle. As Clara buried the chest once again, as she stood up she had the feeling that someone was watching her.

Turning slightly, Clara looked around but could see no one. She raised her nose and sniffed but there was nothing unusual. As she started forward something lashed out and snaked around her leg. It burnt and Clara screamed. She turned to see a burning whip of some sort around her leg. She continued to shriek.

Then something materialised. It was large and disgusting. It was also laughing at her. Clara clawed the ground in an effort to escape but the thing just laughed harder. Suddenly there was immense pain. Clara tried to scream but only a garbled noise came out. She looked at her hands as she tried to scrabble, they were turning back to human and now the skin was drying out. Clara felt parched, she needed to escape but she was so thirsty.

Clara continued to try and claw her way to safety but her movements were becoming slower and her muscles screamed for her to stop. She rolled onto her back to attack but what she saw made her only scream louder...

BFFC Moderator

(Yikes....another on bites the dust. )

After Fort and Griggs had settled in and Fort won the "Choosies" game for the master bedroom, Griggs relaxed if the guestroom. Fort sat his crate in the living room so that both he and Griggs could get supplies from it. The semi was parked next to the building, yet hidden from view.

Fort lay in the bed and looked out the window at the sprawling metropolis that was Murk Valley. At night is when the city really became active... Almost everyone in the city was a night person. And almost everyone in the city was either a vagrant, a cut throat, a bum, a criminal, a vampire or a werewolf. The name fit the city well.

Fort turned to his side and saw his cell phone charging on the nightstand. Thank God he brought his charger with him. He decided it was time to contact a mage or two and picked it up. He called Remy first.

Remy was a reliable, trustworthy, sane, and potent magic user from France. He was adept in the black arts and had combat experience...although his fear turned into cowardice at times. Fort's past missions with him have left Remy somewhat.....displeased, however.

The phone rang.

"....'ello?" Remy's French accent was apparent

"Oh heeeeyyyyy Remy!!!! How are you man? Its me For-"

"Oh jes I know its jou, fool! I have jou on caller ID! I TOUGHT tat I put you on de BLOCKED CALLS LIST!" Remy spat back

"Remy, Remy! WHoa whoa... Lets settle down. Now come on, we may have had some past...bumbs in the road... "

"BOOMPS IN DE ROAD!?!?!? I STIUL CANNOT MOVE TREE FINGERS AND DERE IS NOT ENOUGH FLESH ON MY @$$ FOR ALL THE SKIN GRAFTS DAT I NEED!!!"

Fort cringed... the last mission him and Remy went on didnt go to well for Remy.

"Alright Im sorry Remy! I dont kow how many times Ive said it-"

"SAY EET AGAIN!!!"

"Im sorry Remy. Please, Im sorry. But theres a problem, I really need your help this time-"

"JOO ALWAYS NEED MY ELP!"

"Yes I know, but theres this Balor Lord-"

Remy burst into histerical laughter that hurt Fort's ears. Fort knew he lost him... The laughter continued for 2 minutes...

"Oh joor good, Fortesque, joor bery bery good. HA! and de next tine joo want mee to go wit joo into a decrepit ancient tomb...please let me kno dat there are plasma trowing Hell Knights insiede waiting for us. GOOD BYE FORTESQUE." Remy hung up.

Fort lowerde the phone and sighed... he didnt think that would go well. Remy was really the best choice.

Fort opened the Phonebook application in his phone and began to scroll down for others.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Nick followed Loxley, and heard the conversation with Daphne.  A demon.  Just great. That would cast a bit of a pall over the month, he thought.  Still saying nothing, he followed Daphne and Loxley, until the male left.

"I just wanted to say thank you for helping me out back there.  I'm feeling a lot better, and it's all thanks to you.  You saved my life, Daphne.  Thank you."  He blushed, and then turned, and walked away, heading back to his little den, where he would take a bit of a breather.  And then find something to eat; he was famished.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.