Topic: General Grievous vs. Darth Maul

Just out of curriousity(spelling) who would win

"The tasks you must undertake as the Arbiter are perilous- suicidal! You will die as each Arbiter has before you! The council will have their corpse."-(Halo 2), The High Prophet of Mercy

Re: General Grievous vs. Darth Maul

Well Maul could hold off two jedi at once, and killed one. Grevious killed many jedi, judging by his "collection", but none of them was the master of Obi-Wan Kenobi. They were both killed by Obi, but Maul faced both Obi and Qui-Gon. But then it was a younger Obi. Hmm, I think it could go pretty much either way.

"Theres NOT a country in the world that Bush would not get BOOO'd at ....even if Bush went to Antarctica the penguins would demonstrate."-Darknovae, NS Forum

Yeah that would be close but i would go with Maul.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

I think General Grievous would win. Because Maul only has two blades, Grievous has four...

BD

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

5 (edited by the outline Saturday, March 10, 2007 2:32 pm)

Well, I would go all for General grivious. Maul was pretty pathitic(spelling) in episode1. Sure he held off 2 jedi and I guess is pretty talented with a blade but grivous is a super commander robot with 4 light sabers, 4! Maul wouldn't stand a chance. Maybe I should have posted Grivous vs. Dooku that would be a better fight.

O yes and IG-88? why do you have a avatar of bossk and not ,well, IG-88?(srry off topic)

"The tasks you must undertake as the Arbiter are perilous- suicidal! You will die as each Arbiter has before you! The council will have their corpse."-(Halo 2), The High Prophet of Mercy

Maul was in no way pathetic. He killed a very powerful Jedi, without getting hit, if memory serves me. Of course, he was latter killed in a fairly lengthy battle.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Yeah and pulled off some amazingly acribatical moves. Having 4 lightsabers in no way makes you a more skillfull warrior. If you gave four lightsabers to a droid would it make it better than Maul?

Just because i am called IG-88 dosent mean i have to have a IG-88 although i have done before.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

8 (edited by Fetterthanyou Saturday, March 10, 2007 4:11 pm)

Obviously the lightsaber amount does not affect the winner. Actually if memory serves, most of the time the person with more sabers loses.

Maul vs Qui-Gon = more lightsabers wins
Maul vs Obi-Wan = less lightsabers wins
Anikan vs Dooku = less lightsavers wins
Grievous vs Obi-was = les lightsabers wins.
(in this I am considering a staff saber as more sabers than 1)
See?

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

draco fett wrote:

Maul was in no way pathetic. He killed a very powerful Jedi, without getting hit, if memory serves me. Of course, he was latter killed in a fairly lengthy battle.

well maybe maul wasnt pathetic, but he certainly wasn't great for a sith.

Fetterthanyou wrote:

Obviously the lightsaber amount does not affect the winner. Actually if memory serves, most of the time the person with more sabers loses.

Maul vs Qui-Gon = more lightsabers wins
Maul vs Obi-Wan = less lightsabers wins
Anikan vs Dooku = less lightsavers wins
Grievous vs Obi-was = les lightsabers wins.
(in this I am considering a staff saber as more sabers than 1)
See?

Either way Grivous could defeat maul without an extreme challenge

maul would be a good sith assassin. but i think grevious would win because he can wallk up walls and has four light sabers. but i havent seen maul use the force. and since grevious cant i am kinda unsure who would win.but i think grevious

I love grevious, but I think mual would win, he is more highly trained and just becuse me havent seen him use the force doesent mean he cant use it at all !!!!!!!!!!!

The amount of lightsabers in this case wouldnt matter, Maul would beat Grevous any day. He had a lightstaff instead of just one blade and he also had force powers while Grevous did not.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Commander delargen wrote:

I love grevious, but I think mual would win, he is more highly trained and just becuse me havent seen him use the force doesent mean he cant use it at all !!!!!!!!!!!

I don't, he doesn't show his four arms right off,like he did with Obi-wan.

Maul would win. He was personally trained by Sidious, and Obi-Wan beat Grievous very easily.

I think it would be close but I think that Maul would win.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

I think if Windu would not have bashed his chest in, Grievous might have won that mach with Obi-wan.
I'm thinking a draw, because Obi-wan beat Maul, and Grievous,and on top of that  Vader beat Maul in a duel to so that makes two defeats vs two defeats.Thus it being a draw.

I say Maul would win.And don't ask me why I don't say more,it's obvious!!!!

lol just kidding,I still go with Maul because he feels the Force.That gives him a huge advantage.And to all of you who will say"Oh but he beat so many Jedi"I will tell you that he uses the Dark Side of the force.That gives him more power and aggression at hand,and that's what is needed in order to beat the "techological miracle" Grievous.

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

19 (edited by Valthonin Wednesday, June 13, 2007 2:57 pm)

Karson Fett wrote:

,and on top of that  Vader beat Maul in a duel to .

When did Vader Beat Maul in a duel???? What are you talking about? Am i reading this wrong?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

20 (edited by Darth Maul Clone Wednesday, June 13, 2007 2:59 pm)

Unfortunately he's right.

Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, a dark side splinter group called the Prophets of the Dark Side managed to resurrect Darth Maul. It is unknown whether this Maul was created through cloning techniques, by using some form of Sith alchemy to restore and reanimate Maul's actual corpse (which was destroyed in the Naboo Reactor Core Room), or through other means. The Prophets themselves stated that "there are techniques to mold a being in every way." As an example to the lesser vassals of Palpatine's Empire and to put an end to the tainted Sith Apprentice, Darth Vader was chosen as the first target for the dark warrior. These dark side worshipers believed Vader to be too much of a Jedi to be a worthy Sith Lord.

On the shadowy volcanic moon Kalakar VI, Vader thought he would intercept a Rebel courier with the stolen plans to the first Death Star. Instead, he was met by a reborn Darth Maul and the observing dark acolytes. Darth Maul then dueled Vader on equal terms, but gained the advantage late in the duel. Yet, in the final moments of the battle, Vader surprised Maul by stabbing his lightsaber through his own body (and, through proximity, Maul as well), damaging his own circuits and almost losing his own life in the process. With Maul defeated, the observing acolytes were executed by Palpatine himself for their "treacherous" act towards his rule.

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

21 (edited by Valthonin Wednesday, June 13, 2007 3:54 pm)

Whoa... I knew Vader was a bad@$$. where did you see or read this?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

That's a Tales comic.  Isn't at all canon.  So officially he didn't beat Vader because it never happened.  To date Maul hsa never officially came back and fought anyone.  He might have visited Anakin Solo or Ben Skywalker but I can't quite remember.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Well i just looked it up on wikipedia and it says it was upgraded to C-canon, but then again....it is wikipedia so idk

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

and besides, Vader beat Maul, so that has nothing to do with this match-up.

25 (edited by wookiehunter Saturday, June 16, 2007 8:13 pm)

Boba Dude wrote:

I think General Grievous would win. Because Maul only has two blades, Grievous has four...

BD

That's stupid, Obi-Wan beat Grevious with one lightsaber, Maul all the way!!!

I'm just helping Boba Fett and killing wookies for him.