Re: Harry Potter and the DEATHLY HALLOWS

Miba wrote:

Godric's Hollow was my guess too.

I thought of Godric's Hollow too at first--but then wouldn't the title be "Deathly Hollows", not "Deathly Hallows"?

[i]Perhaps I became more human than human.[/i]--Boba Fett, [i]The Mandalorian Armor[/i]

Dageen Fett wrote:

i think that the deathly hallows has something to do with voldermorts history, it makes sense Voldie=Deathly Hallows, Harry= Godrics Hollow. but the title sux it could have been way worse...Harry Potter and the
Chance That Snape Isn't Evil... lol

You're right that would be an awful title considering there is no chances about it, Snape's not evil at all.

As for the spelling of "hallow" vs "hollow" that's why I said it was my first guess. I'm not sure what my second guess is.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Possibly something to do with Halloween.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

My guess is that it is that its a shot at the religious community that has been taking pot-shots at her since the day she released the first book. Calling a Hallowed land somethingy deathly, sounds like a nice way to **** off the overly sanctified people of our society.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Maltese Kentaiba wrote:

I'm submitting the rough draft to the other forum when I get back from my sister's and Christmas. Wednesday or Tuesday.

I hope you make books that are worthwhile, not like Harry Potter.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Well, you want to read it. Go to scythetalk.4.forumer.com
There is no www. by the way.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

fettsvette wrote:
Miba wrote:

I thought of Godric's Hollow too at first--but then wouldn't the title be "Deathly Hollows", not "Deathly Hallows"?

well since its voldie it could be hallow as in a different type of place i just saw a huge comparison with Godric being opposite as deathly and Hallow with hollow and then u look at voldie and harry being opposites. Rowlings mind isnt very complex so u gotta think on a small level lol

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

33 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Monday, December 25, 2006 1:29 pm)

Maltese Kentaiba wrote:

Well, you want to read it. Go to scythetalk.4.forumer.com
There is no www. by the way.

Ok

Dageen Fett wrote:
fettsvette wrote:
Miba wrote:

well since its voldie it could be hallow as in a different type of place i just saw a huge comparison with Godric being opposite as deathly and Hallow with hollow and then u look at voldie and harry being opposites. Rowlings mind isnt very complex so u gotta think on a small level lol

Hahaha, it's probably more complex than yours.

What the poo? I don't like that title much...It could have been more, I don't know, dramatic perhaps?

Anyway, I'm more interested in who's going to die in this book. We got Cedric, Sirius, and Dumbledore so far so I'd say Harry, just for the plot twist. Either that or Snape's going down.

I'll shut up now, before I get WAY off topic.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Thylacine wrote:

What the poo? I don't like that title much...It could have been more, I don't know, dramatic perhaps?

Anyway, I'm more interested in who's going to die in this book. We got Cedric, Sirius, and Dumbledore so far so I'd say Harry, just for the plot twist. Either that or Snape's going down.

I'll shut up now, before I get WAY off topic.

Snape is definitely goin down; no one kills my homie Dumbledore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rofl. Yeah Snape must die.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Snape is good I tell you! Good!

"Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.  The most important product of his effort is his own personality."     
queenkale.deviantart.com

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
Fetterthanyou wrote:

I'll agree with most of what you said Maltese, but that is the point of her stories. You may not like them, and you are joined by many people, but the majority of teens and children want to read about absurb actions, magical libraries, and random love. That is the basis for what appears to be the mindseye of the majority of the group she was aiming to please with her books. Don't blame the author, blame the audience.  Why would you ever ever imagine changing or correcting a writing style that has made you into one of the most sucessful authors of our time!?

Also, why is Harry a pedophile? Gini is two years younger than him... i really see no problem with that. 2 years is nothing compared to some of the stuff that goes on at real highschools.

Yeah seniors and freshmen, ugh.......YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. ( don't ask.....)

That's nothing I sold a truck to a 43 year old cop who was married to a 18 year old and that was a cop I was like I'm glad I don't have kids.

Snape is good!!!!! Snape can't die. *huggles him*

Huggles? I sense an otaku.

I don't think Snape is evil either, there's something behind it all but I doubt he's evil.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Thylacine wrote:

I'm guessing that Volemort will die, but somehow Ron dies too. If it isn't Harry that dies at least.

On the subject of Ron, I think it'll somehow be revealed that the Weasly's are the decendants of Griffyndor.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

42 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Thursday, December 28, 2006 5:41 pm)

I don't care how good or evil Snape is he's goin down like I said no one kills my homie Dumbledore yeh man in fact I hope Harry kills Snape because he and Harry's father used to be rivals.

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

I'm guessing that Volemort will die, but somehow Ron dies too. If it isn't Harry that dies at least.

On the subject of Ron, I think it'll somehow be revealed that the Weasly's are the decendants of Griffyndor.

Yes I agree; I suspect that as well.

43 (edited by BFFC Manji Sunday, July 15, 2007 2:24 pm)

Hey, all, I'm bumping this thread because the release for Deathly Hallows is less than a week away and I am so thrilled!
I'm going to the Midnight release on Friday even though I have to work the next day! Ugh...

I really don't have an theories... I  think the trio won't go to Hogwarts this year, and either Wormtail or Snape (or both) are going to help Harry in some shape or form to defeat Voldemort (deliberately or not).
As for deaths, I think Snape is a certainty (But I hope it's heroic) and/or Nevile (who I adore).

Anyway, I assume most HP fans here have seen Ootp? What did you all think? I went at Midnight on Wednesday and enjoyed it alot, but then I went again last night and was really bored! I sat there thinking "OMG, I just want to see the Ministry battle scene!"

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

I am also going to the midnight release (I am going to Edinburgh for it)

I am really looking forward to reading it. I love the Harry Potter books and I am reading them to my twins at the moment when I put them to bed at night big_smile

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Me and my sister both preordered it back in April, and we're going to the midnight party. big_smile I'm making her a Hogwarts costume (nearly done with it too!), and I'm going to wear a tshirt I made that says "TRUST SNAPE!"

Here are my theories: http://obi-wan-fett.livejournal.com/603881.html#cutid1

I saw OOTP, it was pretty good. Snape's Worst Memory nearly had me in tears and not for the "Poor little Sevvie" reasons I had originally though I'd be in tears over, but cause it was so badly chopped up. I mean, James and Severus are about the only real people in it!!! Bellatrix was just awesome, her costume's definitely added to my to make list.

That reminds me:

For those who want additional evidence, added to the link Miba provided, about Dumbledore's being alive, here: http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/harry-pot … dore.html.

Personally, I really am not interested in the matter.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I think the title gives things away if Rowling plans to kill Harry off. At any rate, I can wait for the movie. I feel a little over-the-hill for books like this.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

***SPOILER ALERT***

This I found here. There's a long article about a dude who got rich through JK Rowling, but that's not so important to me. You can read it if you like. As for now, here's the spoiler:

'Chapter One. The Dark Lord Ascending. The two men appeared out of nowhere, a few yards apart in the narrow, moonlit lane. For a second they stood quite still, wands pointing at each other's chests: then, recognising each other, they stowed their wands beneath their cloaks and set off, side by side, in the same direction.

"News?", asked the taller of the two.

"The best," replied Snape.'

Miba- You know, I was in Hot Topic today, and they actually had Snape shirts! XD There were two, one with him that said just Snape under his picture, and than another that said "Friend or Foe?" Maybe you should get one of those.
But yeah, I felt cheated during the Snape's Worst Memory scene, not enough of adorable young Snape, not even a single glance of Lily! Hopefully they'll have the whole scene on DVD.
But yeah, Bella was awesome, as well as Lucius!! Sirius's death was a laugh though, I hated the chessy "everything goes silent" death.

Fett II- I saw that on Mugglenet... I'm not sure if I trust it though... seems like a good opening. It just seems so vague! J. K. Rowling usually writes with much more description, especially about settting up the begining of her books.
Huh... I wonder who to taller man is.. I don't think it would be LV for some reason... ??

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

I'm so excited for this book!  A couple of friends of mine are going to the Midnight Magic thing, but mine is coming in the mail and I knew if I went with them, I'd be reading over their shoulders.

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.~ Fulton J. Sheen