Re: Costume: working parts?

im making a esb fett helmet right now and do u think half basketball will work for the top of the helmet smile

Ryan vanvulkangoedwell miss you bud your gone to heavan and you will be missed...Jared and Jacob your brothers...think of this not a good bye but a see you later.....and ill bring the beers! :?

27 (edited by BFFC Admin Saturday, January 14, 2017 2:06 am)

Devin, you can also use a bicycle helmet and some sintra or plastic sign material.  Here is a link to the step by step we keep in our template library:

Ohl'd Vart's Scratch Built Helmet Tutorial

[ADMIN: Link to mercs.firespray dot net/forum/index.php?topic=320.0 no longer active.]

My helmet alone contains the following:
custom voice amp
remote control RF servo
Working RF LEDs
internal temperature monitor and display
2 cooling fans.

As far asother working parts:
Power LED on left gaunt
Chest display readout
Working lasers in duel pistols
Custom built electronic thermal detonator

The stuff I would advice against is anything that shoots or flames.  Those plans for the flame thrower may work, but they don't include plans on putting yourself or someone else out when you catch on fire.  I'm also working on creating a real working viewplate that runs off of night vision cameras and a small pocket PC.

Mandálii kote. Eran, vode, c'rtä! - Mandalorian Glory.  We, brothers, stand as one!
[url=http://mercs.firespray.net]Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club[/url]

thanx for the tutorial

Ryan vanvulkangoedwell miss you bud your gone to heavan and you will be missed...Jared and Jacob your brothers...think of this not a good bye but a see you later.....and ill bring the beers! :?

29 (edited by Devin Jax Thursday, August 16, 2007 10:39 am)

does anyone think that a boba fett helmet from 2002 would be a good helmet for my costume.Please reply soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big_smile

Try not to double post. It spaming. This is the only time I will warn you. I will leave future warning to Draco Fett

31 (edited by BFFC Admin Saturday, January 14, 2017 2:07 am)

Go to our tutorial page here:

Mandalorian Mercs Public Tutorials/Templates

[ADMIN: Link to mercs.firespray dot net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=50 no longer active.]

Open the Boba Fett right and left gauntlet templates (You'll need adobe reader as they are PDF's.).  Print those out and get you some 3 mm Sintra (PVC Foam Board) from www.foamboardsource.com and some plastic epoxy and get to work big_smile

You will also need a can of bondo to fill in some places, but it shouldn't be to extremely hard.

Mandálii kote. Eran, vode, c'rtä! - Mandalorian Glory.  We, brothers, stand as one!

Ex-squeese me. Fill in the blank. www. __________________ .com

Fixed it, sorry bout that

Its ok. (what did you do?)

The stuff I would advice against is anything that shoots or flames.  Those plans for the flame thrower may work, but they don't include plans on putting yourself or someone else out when you catch on fire.  I'm also working on creating a real working viewplate that runs off of night vision cameras and a small pocket PC.

Yeah.  As a Marine I have first person experience with NVGs and similar technology, and though it will look cool to you, inside the helmet, I'm fairly certain the tech is too expensive for these purposes.  IF is cheaper, and thermal Nv can run at decent prices.  But unless you're loaded, can make the tech smaller (Standard issue NVGs weigh about 5 punds and are the sive of a small brick.), or own a factory that makes them, this technology is impractical and probably unusable for that purpose.

But it would be about the coolest thing ever.

[i]Verd ori'shya beskar'gam[/i]-A warrior is only as good as his armor.
[i]Cogito, ergo armatum sum[/i]- I think, therefore I'm armed.

I'm working on using an EZview and integrating it to the inside of my helmet.  It's basically a pair of LCD glasses with the resolution of a 50" LCD tv.  You can plug in a small night vision camera via RCA jack and you have a nice little system that works in day or night.  You can also plug the EZview into a pocket PC with SVideo, which has more potential.

wow.

that sounds...interesting.

i don't know...i'm happy just buying a Boba helmet for (a lot) less than $60...

Star Wars Episode VII: Boba Fett's Revenge
Coming to theaters whenever George Lucas dies.

Keep checking Ebay.  Thats the best advice I can give big_smile

39 (edited by Tdmoparguy Tuesday, March 4, 2008 1:38 pm)

The Plans for the flamethrower aren't on ebay anymore does anybody have them? I want to build one.;)

40 (edited by Si Titran Monday, March 3, 2008 9:25 pm)

I don't, as i really don't have much time to make costumes unfortunately. I was wondering if anyone knew how to mold plasic to make the armor? Maybe Orthar does... if she sees this. Is it a casting method? (As i am in a sculpture class i am feeling ambitious). I'm sure theres other sites that talk about it... but I'm not ambitious enough to seek them on the slow connection laptop.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Si Titran wrote:

I don't, as i really don't have much time to make costumes unfortunately. I was wondering if anyone knew how to mold plasic to make the armor? Maybe Orthar does... if she sees this. Is it a casting method? (As i am in a sculpture class i am feeling ambitious). I'm sure theres other sites that talk about it... but I'm not ambitious enough to seek them on the slow connection laptop.

http://www.kotemandos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32

That thread contains links for downloading various sizes of templates for making accurate Boba armour plates using either Sintra (foamed PVC plastic used in sign-writing) or metal. You could probably use them as a guide for sculpting but if you do sculpt them you'll need to either make the finished armour from casting fibreglass or vac-formed plastic (which requires the use of a vac-form table - I have links for making a vac-form table if you decide to go that way).
The KOTE Mando's site also includes templates for making Jango's full armour if anyone wants them and you can get a lot of great advice on the best way to put the costumes together from our members.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/OrtharRrith/OrtharRrith-1.jpg[/img]

See I knew you'd know Orthar! THANKS! That definately makes it easier for me big_smile

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

I've never been a fan of "real working parts" on a costume.  Especially when you're talking flamethrowers and rocket launchers.  Then you get into an area of danger with the people around you.  I mean, have you ever looked through a mando helmet and seen the range of view?  Kind of limited.  Last thing you need is little Tommy's hair being toasted off at his birthday party when you tried to light the candles on his cake.

sombody needs to make a real working wrip cord...thats for sure!

I still would like to get the plans for the flamethrower that would kick ***. I know somebody out there has got them. Help the new guy out.:(

46 (edited by Alo Fett Wednesday, March 5, 2008 8:50 pm)

SGT-BOB wrote:

also do any of u know how to change my title right now it says "new member"

you can go to "Profile" "Personal" "Title" and change it to what ever you want. or leave it empty to use the default "Renegade" or "Bounty Hunter" or what ever it's calling you these days.

But ON subject... I've made a (semi) working jetpack missile. Mostly just spring,PVC pipe, and a cut up nurf missile.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

47 (edited by Ralin Drakus Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:55 pm)

All I know is that for a working part, the most important thing to me is a way to see!   Some of the ideas above sound great, but also sound expensive.  Anybody got other suggestions?

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

48 (edited by Devin Jax Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:38 am)

Well night vision is a really exspenive thing isn't it?Either way that would be awesome Novall Talon!! smile .

TDMOPARGUY I had bought the plans off ebay......sadly it isn't what you really think...Its only blueprints.i don't them anymore though sorry but i will ask my freind if i can photo copy them for you alright....

Thanks Brother that would be awesome.:)

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

lol this is great. if we work together, we can invent all of fett's equipment in real life. maybe even the jetpack. now, i'm already trying to make the dart-shooter and the whipcord. i have some ideas for the dart-shooter, but i need help with the whipcord. im sure i can make a rope shoot out but how do i make it wrap itself around something?

there was an episode about whipcords and similar working gadgets on the superhero episode of Mythbusters...

they got a working grappling line going, but it was soooooooooooo impractical...lol

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]