Re: Worst shows, movies, etc.

Fett_II wrote:

also today's crap on TV is all unoriginal. remakes of other things, taking other ideas, the only original stuff left on television is the Simpsons.

The Simpsons rules.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Valthonin wrote:
Fett_II wrote:

also today's crap on TV is all unoriginal. remakes of other things, taking other ideas, the only original stuff left on television is the Simpsons.

And Seinfeld! LoOoOoOoOove Seinfeld....

True. Only problem = Seinfeld ended.

LOL at the Disney bashing big_smile I would not expect any different here big_smile this thread has made me smile big_smile

I must confess that I no longer like the Simpsons, I like the old episidoes but not the new ones.

The films/TV shows that that I think are lame are: (in no particular order)

Family guy (it makes my skin crawl)
Close encounters of a third kind - just lame
Big brother TV show (UK) - Such an insult to George Orwell
Gigli - truly bad film, bad acting and bad script.
Eastenders -Depressing and ridiculous storylines
ET - Yuk

I will add more as I think of them big_smile

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

29 (edited by draco fett Thursday, July 3, 2008 6:10 pm)

The Simpsons rock.

I'd probably hat the Disney shows if I watched them.

I hate Geddy Lee's sinigng.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I CAN NOT STAND THE OLD NAVY COMMERCIAL. Argh!  if they ever build an old navy in my city.... there's gonna be hell to pay!

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

Wow....This topic hasnt had a post for a while.

The worst show on television is Dora the freakin Explorer.

tongue I rest my case. tongue

Bad shows:
Simpsons
Big Brother

Bad movies:(in no order)
Shrek the Third
Gigli
Batman and Robin
Epic Movie
Superhero movie

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

Kind of an old topic, but I like putting in my two cents.

As far as TV goes, I really don't watch it anymore. Except for...exceptions, I only turn on my TV to put in a movie, or to play a game. As for the specifics....

Everything Disney Channel. Honestly, I didn't even really care much for it back in the day even, except for certain things. All things Donald Duck related, DuckTales (<3), Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, and Goof Troop. Aside from those, I'd watch it sometimes, but I'd be really "meh" about it. Especially when they started with their horrible and corny live action shows. When they stopped airing DuckTales, I didn't have a reason to really watch anymore. Nowadays its all live action preteen boring crap, or kindergarden baby crap.

More or less anything on Nicelodeon. Rugrats went downhill fast and BAD after the introduction of Dil. Disney took over Doug and suckified it. Rocko's Modern Life and Ahh! Real Monsters were taken off the air over a decade ago. Then Invader Zim came along and it was the best show to come along in years. Which, of course, got cancelled even before the first season finished airing. When they stopped airing, I decided that, since Nick was putting on anything worth airing, I wasn't going to watch even something worth watching. And to this day, I still don't watch.

All things educational. Why, WHY in the world did TV producers starting in the 90's conclude that kids are retarded and can't understand what you say, and thus you've got to speak slowly....like....this. And....have....to teach....them....the stupidests....things. Case in point, Barney. Barney came out around the time I was in Kindergarden. Thus, every morning before class, when we'd get off the bus, we'd HAVE to sit down and watch an episode. This was not an optional thing. We did not have the choice of playground or TV, or anything like that. We HAD to watch Barney, and couldn't leave or anything like that. And I was the target audience, and I totally hated that crap!

As for wrost movie...theres a lot of movies I think are terrible. Some I can find the unintentional comedy in and laugh at. Some I "MSTify" as I watch (its weird at first, especially when you're alone, but it actually works). And then theres the bad I just want to rip my head off at and scream. The two on the top of my head (at the moment) are Jaws 3(D) and Jaws: The Revenge. Both are insanely bad, but Jaws: The Revenge, is somehow even wrose then Jaws 3(D). If you want your sanity, don't ever watch either of them. Ever.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

revan07 wrote:

Bad shows:
Simpsons

Bad movies:(in no order)
Epic Movie

I'm gonna steal a line from Draco and say........you be a witch! How can you not like the Simpsons?!?!?!?!?! That's heresy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue

And I actually liked Epic Movie, but I thought Meet the Spartans was stupid.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

anybody who likes Epic Movie has poor taste. same for those who dislike the Simpsons

I hate all those movies brought out by the Scary Movie people. The first two Scary Movies where great, but then they toned it down for the PG-13 audience, which makes the jokes fall short. Then they put out a billion other parody movies that don't even follow a coherent plot. Its like they slap together the cliches from all the movies they're going to make fun of, but don't bother to make a plot to tie it all together with. The original Scary Movies put together a really cliche horror movie plot, THEN built up all the jokes around it.

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

Kind of an old topic, but I like putting in my two cents.

As far as TV goes, I really don't watch it anymore. Except for...exceptions, I only turn on my TV to put in a movie, or to play a game. As for the specifics....

Everything Disney Channel. Honestly, I didn't even really care much for it back in the day even, except for certain things. All things Donald Duck related, DuckTales (<3), Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, and Goof Troop. Aside from those, I'd watch it sometimes, but I'd be really "meh" about it. Especially when they started with their horrible and corny live action shows. When they stopped airing DuckTales, I didn't have a reason to really watch anymore. Nowadays its all live action preteen boring crap, or kindergarden baby crap.

More or less anything on Nicelodeon. Rugrats went downhill fast and BAD after the introduction of Dil. Disney took over Doug and suckified it. Rocko's Modern Life and Ahh! Real Monsters were taken off the air over a decade ago. Then Invader Zim came along and it was the best show to come along in years. Which, of course, got cancelled even before the first season finished airing. When they stopped airing, I decided that, since Nick was putting on anything worth airing, I wasn't going to watch even something worth watching. And to this day, I still don't watch.

All things educational. Why, WHY in the world did TV producers starting in the 90's conclude that kids are retarded and can't understand what you say, and thus you've got to speak slowly....like....this. And....have....to teach....them....the stupidests....things. Case in point, Barney. Barney came out around the time I was in Kindergarden. Thus, every morning before class, when we'd get off the bus, we'd HAVE to sit down and watch an episode. This was not an optional thing. We did not have the choice of playground or TV, or anything like that. We HAD to watch Barney, and couldn't leave or anything like that. And I was the target audience, and I totally hated that crap!

As for wrost movie...theres a lot of movies I think are terrible. Some I can find the unintentional comedy in and laugh at. Some I "MSTify" as I watch (its weird at first, especially when you're alone, but it actually works). And then theres the bad I just want to rip my head off at and scream. The two on the top of my head (at the moment) are Jaws 3(D) and Jaws: The Revenge. Both are insanely bad, but Jaws: The Revenge, is somehow even wrose then Jaws 3(D). If you want your sanity, don't ever watch either of them. Ever.

WOW!  You said it! I agree on sooo much. I also miss Daria and the Adventures of Pete and  Pete which was Nickelodeon's first live action show.( as in acted not sketch or w/e). It was great, smart, and filmed around where I live so its totally nostalgic. Also salute your short and hey dude, but they were less smart, but still way better than what they have now. ( At least to me)

There are many shows that are "popular" that i just can't stomach. Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, (REALITY TV....) Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty ( this from someone who thought the idea had potential, but was lost after 3 episodes.) Lost, .... oh anything thats on UPN or WB ( are those even the stations anymore i forget... around me they are 9 and 11....) I could keep going. TV had truly become a vacant void.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

WHAT, I HATE EPIC MOVIE, who said it was good?

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

Ew, reality TV. Its not even "reality". Its just stupid game show type things in the wilderness. or people doing stupid things. I want to punch everyone who appears on those shows. HARD.

Movies and shows I despise
High School Musical 1-forever
Hannah Montana
Basicly anything on Disney Channel (sickened by the once great Disney to falling to such cheesy, empty shows)
HARRY POTTER most of ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad

" Everyone dies, but since nobody's paid me to kill you...sleep well."
     -Boba Fett-