Re: Aliit Forum

terra wrote:

I'm sure our Alor would say she's already part of the Clan

Yup.  Already trying to figure what her profile name should be   big_smile

Back to Freedom Fighters, thought this might help: List of U.S. Armed Forces Weapons

Russian stuff would be the most common, as we would take from killed Reds.  But some US issue stuff would be around, either from stockpiles/personally owned weapons kept before the invasion, Military personel who's units were crushed and joined the Resistance with his/her personal weapon, or possibally weapons that Special Forces managed to sneak to us.

It's a really long list I know; if anybody needs help finding current Military issue material, PM me and I'll dig into it for you. 

Also, just incase this needed to be cleared up, no cavalry sabers in the RP please; it's a LONG list going WAY too far back for our needs.  Just figure most everything dated before the 40's *besides the 1911 Colt and maybe a few others* will NOT help you  tongue

And speaking of the 1911, here's my baby:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/M1911_Pistol_US.jpg

big_smile

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

102 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:44 am)

Your 'baby' sucks RD...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/99/Desert-Eagle-p1030134.jpg THAT is what i'm talking about tongue

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Of course A_A and the DE. tongue I hope its not bad luck for you.

I'm thinking that I would  use my AK-47 just because i have a good luck relationship with that. I like the idea of the setting being New York as that is close to home for me and I at least know the lay of the land.  I'd probably be a freedom fighter. i like the Dar side of my heritage better than the russian.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

My guess is most will be Americans. But a few might be Reds--I mean, look at all the Sith charry's there are! I'll be american, probably with some sort of US issue weapon. Not sure what though. And I'm not sure what I'll be, character wise. There will be police, military that stayed behind to set up resistance cells, militia, and civilians. And Red USSR Elites--as officers.

I'll be glad to help with anything Ralin's too busy for. He's been busy helping with ideas, weapons lists, and more as you've seen.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

105 (edited by Ralin Drakus Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:07 pm)

We were tinkering with an idea that there was a small group of Pre-Invasion 'The Reds Are COMING!' activists who were stockpileing weapons in NY *illegally no doubt   tongue * and were preparing for a resistance before the Reds even came.  These guys would be the genisis of the movement; their stockpile and hideout would be the starting point of the group as it is now.  I'm thinking of being in that group.

Whatever you guys want to do.  It's a Clan perk that members can reserve characters and/or jobs for Aliit created RPGs *if the RP creator allows it*

@ Si, the AK-47 would be out of date by the time of this conflict, so unless you got one here stateside *which is fine; since you're in the group mentioned above, they'd have some AKs stocked up.  But if you want something a little more current, the AK-74:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sovi … AK-74.JPEG

and it's shorter varients:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d9/AKS-74.jpg

would be very plentiful.  It fires a smaller round to, so you don't have the arms of a gorilla to fire it *though full auto would still be a handful for anybody, despite what you see in the movies*

@ Werda Verd:  About what time of year you think this should be?  Like summer?  or should we play in the snow?    big_smile

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

106 (edited by Werda Verd Tuesday, April 22, 2008 6:43 pm)

I'd say about late fall/early winter. Fighting in the snow would be cool, but it gets DEEP in NY, at times. So early winter maybe. November, maybe?

So, we're a pre-invasion activist group. I'll probably be former-militia. The military might have a hand in passing weapons, lending a few men, all under the table, of course. Nothing major or official, but some will want to be military, and we'll want a easily obtained *and explainable* source of supplies and weapons. No heavy firepower, though. Well, not much.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Werda Verd wrote:

I'd say about late fall/early winter. Fighting in the snow would be cool, but it gets DEEP in NY, at times. So early winter maybe. November, maybe?

It does? Maybe if theres a big snow late in Jan. or Feb. But the city gets drifts of snow due to the wind from the buildings.  Rather its just COLD during November, December, and even through most of January. Cold and grey. Perhaps it snows a few times all winter. Its not Buffalo where it might snow 2+ inches everyday.

"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

I just finished KOTOR II recently, and I'm a 100% Mando Fan!!!  So I'd LOVE to join a Mando like clan!  Can I join please??

I love the RPG ideas to, and would love to join when you post them!  big_smile

If you run, I can track you.  If you hide, I will find you.  If you fight, I will watch you fall......

Si Titran wrote:
Werda Verd wrote:

It does? Maybe if theres a big snow late in Jan. or Feb. But the city gets drifts of snow due to the wind from the buildings.  Rather its just COLD during November, December, and even through most of January. Cold and grey. Perhaps it snows a few times all winter. Its not Buffalo where it might snow 2+ inches everyday.

I actually have no idea. Late December, early Jan, then?

--Captain Dynamic--

Kelborn wrote:

I just finished KOTOR II recently, and I'm a 100% Mando Fan!!!  So I'd LOVE to join a Mando like clan!  Can I join please??

I love the RPG ideas to, and would love to join when you post them!  big_smile

Great to have another Mando fan in the Clan, Kelborn!  I really liked Kelborn in KOTOR II myself; great name   big_smile

Do you want to join V_M's Aliit Werda Verd?  or my Aliit Drakus?  Won't make a lot of difference, as we're posting on the same thread, but just so it's clear we like for members to choose, or to make their own.

Either way, look forward to posting with you   smile

Werda Verd wrote:
Si Titran wrote:
Werda Verd wrote:

I actually have no idea. Late December, early Jan, then?

If it's winter/late fall, then it's going to be a rough time for us as the Resistance.  Our first winter as outlaws will be something new.  Food will be scarce, and our living conditins would breed sickness like crazy.  I like the idea of fighting in the snow, it adds some elements that can be fun.  But it's something to keep in mind that it would be a rough existance

Ok then, tomorrow I'm making my own Mandalorian fella!
I have postponed it for many days, i think now's the time to go for it.
Let's hope something pretty comes out...
Oh, and you know, I pledge my allegiance to Aliit Drakus.

"He who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."
                                                                               William Shakespeare

Nazde Bors wrote:

Ok then, tomorrow I'm making my own Mandalorian fella!
I have postponed it for many days, i think now's the time to go for it.
Let's hope something pretty comes out...
Oh, and you know, I pledge my allegiance to Aliit Drakus.

Good go for that... I"ve been thinking of doing the same.

Kandosii!

Thanks, dear!

Oh, and I would gladly accept a present like this;
http://www.blowback.de/board/galerie/bilder/bild-1489.jpg
Anyone?

William Shakespeare

Welcome aboard Nazde!  Good to have you in the Clan at last! 

And yeah, sweet little pistol there; Ruger .22?  Those have a really sweet feel, a lot like the German Luger.  Fit real good in your hand  wink

Oh, don't get me started! I just love them!
Clean, recoilless little pistols, wonderful design..
I mean, ok, Desert Eagle's a damn fine pistol, but shoot a guy in his head and it will be raining blood in the neighbourhood for a week.
With this piece of art, the bullet goes in and never comes out again, nice clean job..

AAAARGH, I got to sleep!

It's really nice to be a member of your Clan, boys and girls! I've been in this forum for some days now and I already love it! I just hope I'll meet your expectations..
Kandosii!!!

William Shakespeare

116 (edited by Werda Verd Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:39 pm)

Ralin Drakus wrote:

If it's winter/late fall, then it's going to be a rough time for us as the Resistance.  Our first winter as outlaws will be something new.  Food will be scarce, and our living conditins would breed sickness like crazy.  I like the idea of fighting in the snow, it adds some elements that can be fun.  But it's something to keep in mind that it would be a rough existance

And the Reds are used to it [cold], so no advantage for us.....need to think about that. They'll have better gear for snow than us too. Maybe fall. Not too cold, but still a good time of year. Any suggestions?

My sidearm'll probably be a Beretta, or, more likely, a Sig Sauer P226 with a wooden grip. Rifle, not sure. Might go for a custom remake of a BAR, for long range. Maybe a MP5 for closer, lighter fighting. The BAR: http://www.secondworldwarhistory.com/imgs/bar.jpg

and the P226:http://images.outdoorinteractive.net/mgen/286643_d.jpg

--Captain Dynamic--

Oh.........my..........God     The Browning Automatic Rife.............GOD I love that gun!   Would sell my right leg for that piece of hardware.  You do know it's WW II issue though, right?  VERY expensive *trust me, I've looked*, hard to come-by, and would be harder to get ammo for unless you stockpiled a LOT of it  *which is an option if you're part of that pre-invasion crew we were talking about.*

As to the cold, Snow sounds fine to me; adds the the hardship and what we're dealing with.  I like the idea of trooping around in trench coats and the like; will add to the variety.  But if not snow, I say lets just go with summer and warm.   Run with whatever strikes you best; not a big deal one way or another

If I don't go with a US made rifle, I'm considering this one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/AK-107_with_grenade_launcher.jpg

the AK-107/AK-108.  It's sort of a test and consept weapon now, but in this alternate setting they could be much more wide-spread.  Can say they'er still working their way down through the ranks; eliet troops like Special Ops, Paratroopers, and Russian Marines are equipt with them at this point

I know the era. But its a custom remake, and yeah, I'd SERIOUSLY stockpile ammo. I'll just say I had a rich family, and had nothing better to spend it on, or something. I couldn't resist the thought though. I mean, screw the SAWs. I got me a BAR.

And NICE AK. noob-tube with its one trigger? nice.

--Captain Dynamic--

Wow you guys are mad serious with your guns. I'm actually thinking that my char will have had the oppertunity to join the underground group before the red take over, but wasn't really conviced, but when the reds do something really not good she takes it person and then joins the ranks of the restance after the take over.

It would seem that way...can't wait for this RP.

The winter seems good to me, that way we don't have people running around in broad daylight up and down the streets. tongue

I'm not sure who I'd ally with, if there are alot of resistance I might consider the Reds...who knows.

I call this:
http://www.gun-world.net/russain/sr/svn98/ksvk.jpg

"This IS my signature."

THat's what I was going to say.  I wouldn't mind RPing a bad guy.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

122 (edited by virulent_messiah Thursday, April 24, 2008 5:46 pm)

WOW...it would be a waste for me not to join this RPG...I hate being so damn busy...:P

Okay, so when I join, Im thinking...covert ops signed on to help the NYC locals in setting up their resistance cell. You know...training, weapons "acquisitions," asset denial assistance, all that good stuff... yes? no?

Sounds good...of course AoS is my number one RPG big_smile

Great job, vode!

Welcome all the new blood...

Oya Aliit!

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

sounds good, alor. Well, looks like we got several possible Reds, and a good number of resistance. I think that it'll be a requirement to have a certain number of lines--people put a bit of thought into their character, they'll be more inclined to stick with it--I think that's part of what happened to RC. No history, no effort, less interest in sticking with it. That'll also keep out some of the younger/newer members who make 2 line characters. Or at least make them make a better character.

--Captain Dynamic--

Now that i'm thinkin' about it..
I could role-play a Greek guy!
Hell, I could play a possible me. It would be interesting...
Now let me think about that........

William Shakespeare

Nazde Bors wrote:

Now that i'm thinkin' about it..
I could role-play a Greek guy!
Hell, I could play a possible me. It would be interesting...
Now let me think about that........

EXACTLY!  As I've said, this RP is perfect for most everybody, as it opens the option for you to play a real world character; either a near-you, or a character you read about, or anything.  In SW, your options are limited by the RP's scope AND usually more or less canon equipment.  There's so many more real-world weapons that diversity will be hard not to achieve.  Add to that all the types of clothing we're familiar with and/or have seen, and this is an RP that I think can be much more entertaining then the norm.

Good to see some Reds out there; might get boring just killing NPCs the whole time  big_smile

One thing we havn't talked about is who is going to be what rank in the RP.  I'm assuming you'd be the Resistance leader, Werda, being the Mod.  I sort of figured on fitting in as your right hand man, but open to other ideas; havn't worked out my character sheet at all yet *busy with AoS*.  However, if the Military is directly involved *as V_M is suggesting,* there might be a conflict, as they would try to take over the command sturcture. If you've been a good and sucessful leader *going to figure that's the case* the rest would follow you, but V_M and any military with him might not like the situation.  If he's been with us for some time, things should have cooled down.

I'm figuring the Aliit members *and the spys who are posting here.......if they behave  tongue * would get rolls of command on some level.  Others who join later would br grunts.

Any counter thoughts on this or ideas for who's going to be what rank?