Re: Delta Sqaud vs Master Chief

I did! you're mostly on the chiefs side, I'm on Deltas. and thanks, about SPNKr.

And even close range, the numbers might still be enough. but not 1v1, and maybe not even as a group.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

77 (edited by Merciless Mandalore Monday, March 31, 2008 4:06 pm)

If you give Chief every possible weapon and grenade (like it sounds like you are giving Delta) He would have (as lord revan said) two frags, two plasmas, two firebombs, and two spike grenades. He would have a spartan laser, and an energy sword (loaned from arbiter lol). Also, he would have an equipment, lets say a bubble shield.

The last of the UNSC SPARTAN IIs, known as Master Chief, or John, SPARTAN 117, comes in using active camo. Delta Squad, the elite of the Republic Commandos, one of only 12 squads left intact after Geonosis, spot him with infrared. Sev snipes Chief and it destroys his camouflage, and drains his shields. Chief hides, waiting for his shields to recharge behind a rock. Delta notices the power armor, and throws out an ECD. Chief now has no overshields, but still retains the added strength and speed of his suit, as it is powered by a small nuclear reactor (true). Chief, remembering where he was sniped from, lasers Sev , completely draining all shields and penetrating his armor. Scorch tosses a flash bang, but chiefs visor polarizes and his vacuum sealed suit filters out the harmful audio. Chief runs at blinding speeds (faster than any clone) to the next rock. Before Boss calls "run" Chief tosses a fragmentation grenade. It has little effect on the Katarn II armor, but the smoke and explosion are disorienting. Before Delta's shields recharge, Chief tosses in an incendiary grenade, draining the rest of Delta's shields and causing massive fire damage. Delta shakes it off, reforms tactically, and starts firing at Chief's position. Although behind cover, he is bulky and takes some minimal fire. Chief tries to stick one of the members with a spike grenade, but it goes in the middle. The explosion hails out red hot metal spikes. Delta is injured, but Fixer recieved the brunt of the explosion, made evident by the four six-inch long still glowing spikes protruding from his gut. He is incapacitated. While Boss tries to revive him, Scorch gives covering fire. Chief sees an opportunity, and charges up his laser. Scorch remembers how it killed Sev, hears the sound and sees the tell-tale beam, and charges Chief with all hes got. He runs, firing Deece at full auto. Chief, taking fire, stops charging the laser and throws out a bubble shield. Scorch's rounds dissipate or ricochet upon impacting the shield. He is close to the shield, and starts to run away, but not before Chief emerges from the shield. Chief, having switched weapons in the shield, lunges at Scorch with the energy sword. Scorch falls down, dead, but Chief does not stop. Boss has been firing, but intermittently because he was behind cover. He now throws a sonic detonator at chief, but barely misses. Chief rolls out of the way, but is shaken by the explosion. Chief then sprints for Boss, who is now only ten feet away. Boss pulls out his vibroblade, slicing Chief in the gut, but the Spartan is not fazed. Master Chief connects a solid metal fist at several thousand pounds per square inch of pressure with Boss's helmet. It does not break, but the sheer force of impact hemorrhages his brain, causing instant death. Fixer, barely alive, groans and raises his DC-15s pistol to the height of Master Chief's head. Chief, hearing him, whirls around, but not fast enough to avoid it altogether. The round hits him full on in the chest, followed by more. Reeling from the blows, and bleeding inside, Chief falls to his knees. Fixer, completely exhausted, lets his arm go limp, because he simply has no strength left. The last thing he sees is a bright blue glow enveloping his visor, as if it were attached. Then, oblivion surrounded him.
A Pelican then comes to extract Chief, and a LAAT gunship is called off on account of critical mission failure. But the policy of the Marines, "leave no man behind" is followed to the letter. Sgt.Johnson lands and picks up a critically injured, yet still breathing Master Chief.

Sorry for Delta fans, even though I am one, Chief wins. Barely. If anyone is to post on this subject accurately, it would be me. I have beaten all three Halo games, read all 5 Halo books, and beaten Republic Commando, and read all three Republic Commando books. It was tough for me to kill off Delta. Maybe, another time, they will have a rematch.

-Merciless Mandalore, a.k.a. krakenkiller.

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

Delta wouldn't necessarily be close enough together to be all injured by the firebomb, or the spike. And dodging the spike isn't that hard. And the sword is just gay. Delta has no equivilant. and when did MC laser Sev? you never said it, just aluded to it

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

I have to disagree on the lasering of Sev.  He's not stupid enough to be sighted by a red dot for about 5 seconds.  Even if Chief charged from under cover then lasered, he'd have a hard time finding the target and Sev would have had quite a few shots off.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Yeah, I guess you are right about that. I suppose it wasn't entirely fair. I'm just a big Chief fan. It would still be a close fight.

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

I like him too, but the combined fire of Delta Squad, on an unshielded Chief, would kill him in seconds. Plasma cuts through it in seconds.

And as for qualifications, I've read/played all RC, and all Halo but Contact Harvest, which doesn't have Chief.  and depends on what you consider canon. In the RC novels they have no shields. But later, they get far more advanced armor, which can stop Verpines, which are more powerful than an Assault Rifle. And now I see when Sev gets lasered.

--Captain Dynamic--

True. But it is tough melding universes. And as far as canon, I usually go with what came 1st, i.e. movie or book. In both cases the game was first, but RC builds on SW, and with games its difficult to tell, say MC can take this amount of fire on easy, but on legendary, almost anything kills him. So, I would go with the books, which can be different than the games. It's essentially subject to opinion.

Merciless Mandalore wrote:

If you give Chief every possible weapon and grenade (like it sounds like you are giving Delta) He would have (as lord revan said) two frags, two plasmas, two firebombs, and two spike grenades. He would have a spartan laser, and an energy sword (loaned from arbiter lol). Also, he would have an equipment, lets say a bubble shield.

The last of the UNSC SPARTAN IIs, known as Master Chief, or John, SPARTAN 117, comes in using active camo. Delta Squad, the elite of the Republic Commandos, one of only 12 squads left intact after Geonosis, spot him with infrared. Sev snipes Chief and it destroys his camouflage, and drains his shields. Chief hides, waiting for his shields to recharge behind a rock. Delta notices the power armor, and throws out an ECD. Chief now has no overshields, but still retains the added strength and speed of his suit, as it is powered by a small nuclear reactor (true). Chief, remembering where he was sniped from, lasers Sev , completely draining all shields and penetrating his armor. Scorch tosses a flash bang, but chiefs visor polarizes and his vacuum sealed suit filters out the harmful audio. Chief runs at blinding speeds (faster than any clone) to the next rock. Before Boss calls "run" Chief tosses a fragmentation grenade. It has little effect on the Katarn II armor, but the smoke and explosion are disorienting. Before Delta's shields recharge, Chief tosses in an incendiary grenade, draining the rest of Delta's shields and causing massive fire damage. Delta shakes it off, reforms tactically, and starts firing at Chief's position. Although behind cover, he is bulky and takes some minimal fire. Chief tries to stick one of the members with a spike grenade, but it goes in the middle. The explosion hails out red hot metal spikes. Delta is injured, but Fixer recieved the brunt of the explosion, made evident by the four six-inch long still glowing spikes protruding from his gut. He is incapacitated. While Boss tries to revive him, Scorch gives covering fire. Chief sees an opportunity, and charges up his laser. Scorch remembers how it killed Sev, hears the sound and sees the tell-tale beam, and charges Chief with all hes got. He runs, firing Deece at full auto. Chief, taking fire, stops charging the laser and throws out a bubble shield. Scorch's rounds dissipate or ricochet upon impacting the shield. He is close to the shield, and starts to run away, but not before Chief emerges from the shield. Chief, having switched weapons in the shield, lunges at Scorch with the energy sword. Scorch falls down, dead, but Chief does not stop. Boss has been firing, but intermittently because he was behind cover. He now throws a sonic detonator at chief, but barely misses. Chief rolls out of the way, but is shaken by the explosion. Chief then sprints for Boss, who is now only ten feet away. Boss pulls out his vibroblade, slicing Chief in the gut, but the Spartan is not fazed. Master Chief connects a solid metal fist at several thousand pounds per square inch of pressure with Boss's helmet. It does not break, but the sheer force of impact hemorrhages his brain, causing instant death. Fixer, barely alive, groans and raises his DC-15s pistol to the height of Master Chief's head. Chief, hearing him, whirls around, but not fast enough to avoid it altogether. The round hits him full on in the chest, followed by more. Reeling from the blows, and bleeding inside, Chief falls to his knees. Fixer, completely exhausted, lets his arm go limp, because he simply has no strength left. The last thing he sees is a bright blue glow enveloping his visor, as if it were attached. Then, oblivion surrounded him.
A Pelican then comes to extract Chief, and a LAAT gunship is called off on account of critical mission failure. But the policy of the Marines, "leave no man behind" is followed to the letter. Sgt.Johnson lands and picks up a critically injured, yet still breathing Master Chief.

Sorry for Delta fans, even though I am one, Chief wins. Barely. If anyone is to post on this subject accurately, it would be me. I have beaten all three Halo games, read all 5 Halo books, and beaten Republic Commando, and read all three Republic Commando books. It was tough for me to kill off Delta. Maybe, another time, they will have a rematch.

-Merciless Mandalore, a.k.a. krakenkiller.

*Sigh* ok first the reason he doesnt have spike/plasma grenades or the sword or the bubble shield is because their not standered issue, all of deltas stuff is, though I will give him the flame grenade/laser gun because its posible the UNSC would give him that, second delta is immune to all projectiles enless hit in one of the very few showing black suit areas. Third, delta is immune to flame enless it burns up all there oxygen wich would take at least five minutes, becasue of reserve suppiles. fourth, if sev had sniped cheif it would of been in the head which would kill him, becasue hes that good. Fifth, MC doesnt HAVE active camo, not ONCE is it given to him by the UNSC, (not sure about the books so may be wrong, but even if he did im sure it would be a special occasion). Sixth, instead of pulling a pistol id have been a explosive big enough to kill them both. Seventh, wouldent a laser just reflect off of deltas shiny armor? eightth, when they started losing so badly, why didnt delta call air support from the gunship? As soon as you awnser these questions and anymore that i may have forgoten, THEN ill belive your story.

(as qaulifcations, ive played and beaten all the halo games and read a little bit of the books and a few comics. Ive also beaten the repcom game and read all the books)

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

for the laser, no. Lasers do do damage, and one that big (think main laser canon on a tank, or even one on a starfighter) would take out even Katarn armor. Nothing would be left of his upper body. no, UNSC never gave him Active camo.

--Captain Dynamic--

So lasers dont bounce off shiny objects?

Mandal_ShadowWarrior wrote:

So lasers dont bounce off shiny objects?

real LASERs do (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) but not the starwars type.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

87 (edited by Merciless Mandalore Tuesday, April 8, 2008 9:40 pm)

Ok. The Spartan Laser from Halo, the UNSC SPARTAN II standard issue long range vehicle destroyer for the year 2552 can punch a hole straight through 5 vehicles in one shot. I tested it. Ok, maybe he wouldn't have active camo, but as far as air support, Chief could call that in too. Pelicans, Hornets, Longsword bombing runs, and orbital strikes. And, depending on when this takes place, Chief would also have the Elites on his side, with technology equal to that of Star Wars. (hyperspace, plasma, etc.) So, like I said it's a tough call, and is pretty much open to opinion. And as far as not having alien technology, Chief always has alien tech with him. He's always out on the field, with no leave, so he always has to requisition things.

You cant use Halo 3 to test how much damage somthin can do.
For example, you can shoot a marine in the face with a plasma pistol...and he wont die. Does this mean marines are immune to plasma? Of course not! Its just a game, and not everything is as realistic as it should be.