Re: RPG-Superhumans

Flame walked for the door. Oni looked at him "Where are you going?"
"Im going after him, he has Haze, and he will try to persuade her to help him. That wont be good."

"Are you going after him? Or Haze?" Oni asked, but Flame was already gone.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

"Ugh... Come on Jer'. Let's go follow him, make sure he doesn't kill himself."

"Gladly, as long as I get another swing at the silver man."

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

203 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Friday, November 23, 2007 4:30 pm)

Flame didnt know where to start, but the old cathedral looked like a good vantage point. He ran in that direction.

He was there in less then twenty minuets. He started to climb.The structure's style gave many hand-holds. About half way up Flame decided to levitate the rest of the way.

(sory for the shortness of my posts.)

204 (edited by Valthonin Friday, November 23, 2007 5:05 pm)

(Guys I won't be able to reply for the rest of the night so just forget about my guy for a while or something, sorry.)

P.S.
Adeptus, atleast wait for Haze to wake up before you get there. You strangely knew where my character was anyways so atleast give me a chance to exchange a couple words with Haze because thats basically the only person my character is worried about right now.)

PSS
Ok i have a couple minutes, but im waiting for BFFC-Mel to post for Haze as she wakes up.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

(actually, he has no idea your in there. A big tall cathedral is usualy a good vantage point. He just plans to look around, for any big shiny mettalic people flying around)

Darklight managed to drag himself off from the loor, and lookes around.  The big katana dude was bus fighting what appeared to be a human fireball...great.  Sunburn had arrived, and judging by the bullets, so was Jack.  He was thankful for the help; the combination of midday and the katana guy's increasing strength was playing havoc on him.  He stood, and shook off his fatige as best he could.  Darklight powered up, and fired a thick shaft of light towards the big guy, kitting him square in the back. 
It was Darklight's strongest shot at the moment, and it didn't even faze the guy.  Yeah, maybe he should let the others take care of this.  NO!  It was his fight, and his responsibility.  With a mournful groan, he rushed at the guy once more, preceeded by a volley of energy bolts.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Flame had reached the top, but he didnt see anyone. He saw a shopping mall, with frequent bursts of light seeming to pulse from inside. The man might be there. Flame grinned, and leaped from the cathedral's spire. He had to begin to slow himself almost inediatetly, but he landed on his feet, and began to head to the mall, the people around him running. He looked down at the cloaking device, having forgot about it, and activated it, dissapearing from view.

Oni and Jericho had been following Flame, Jericho being held by Oni as he flew through the sky on his jet boots.

"You...*huf*...packin on the...*huf**puff*...the pounds there...Jericho." Oni said between gasps for breath.

"Quit whinin' will ya? Where's that Fire guy anyway?"

"He just jumped off the cathedral top. Seems to be headin towards the...oh crap in a hat."

"what?"

"He's headin towards that ecletic boogaloo at the mall with all the super-heroes dukin' it out. Just what we need."

"Why's he doing that?"

"Probably thinks our tin man is jiving with the other players down at the hot spot." Oni altered his course to try and get closer to Flame.

"Flame! Bubelah! What're you doing? You know what kinda hornet's nest you're bout to step into? Our Silver Psycho ain't down at the superhero sockhop! It's just more of our old dance partners doing the combat-conga with someone new! Now turn 'er around and let's do what needs to be done at the prison!"

(hes invisible, so do you have like infared on your suit?)

As soon as Sunburn saw the katana guy get shot by Darklight, he immediatley gave the katana dude a flying fist 'o' flames to the back.  Sure it wasn't exactly the most honourable thing he had ever done, but he was still alive.  Sunburn dropped to the floor, and waited a few yards away from the guy with the katana to see if he would get up.

Music is like candy. You have to throw away the rapping paper first.

Voidhunter looked around at the blank white-washed walls of his cell.  They were reflective, and amplified the bright lighting in the room immensely.  He could almost feel his energy being constantly sucked away.  Curse that Darklight.  If-no, when, he got out of there, that gold caped, self-centred buffoon would learn to fear the darkness.  The thought made him chuckle.  However, until he could think of some way out of the power-dampeners that were clamped to his restrained body, the vengeance would have to wait.  He just hoped that the security guards would learn to make mistakes, and leave him some opening to unleash chaos in the prison.  So he sat still, and he waited. He could wait forever if he had to, and he was well prepared to do so.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

When the katana dude didn't get up, Sunburn walked over to him, afraid he might have hit an essential nerve or something like that.  Suddenly, his foe hit him squarely in the stomach, sending Sunburn reeling back.  To counter the katana guy's strike, he burst his fists into flames, and jumped back at the opponent that was now on his feet.

Music is like candy. You have to throw away the rapping paper first.

"How do you see him? I can't see a thing?" Jericho asked, concerning the cloaked Flame.

"He's wearing a cloaker, and I made my suit able to see anyone or anything that's cloaked by my cloakers, just in case the cloakers were ver stolen, or, in this case, I had allies who were cloaked and I needed to see them."

((answer your question, Adeptus?))

(yeah)

With the twin onslaught of both Jack and Sunburn, the katana-guy was being worn down fast, as far as the weakened Darklight could tell.  He turned to face one enemy, and the other would pepper him with attacks, forcing him to shift attention to the new attacker.  Darklight did what he could, but it was never nearly enough.  His attacks either fizzled out or bounced off the man's skin.  So that meant that Darklight was essentially useless.  He hated feeling useless.  But he couldn't do anything about it, as it was a sunny, bright afternoon.  He vented his frustrations through his energy bolts, but that did next to nothing.  So he ended up running around in front of th katana guy, to force him to follow after him.  Yeah, his old friend Burnout was better at that tactic than Darklight, as Darklight wound up more often than not embedded in a brick wall.  And yes, it hurt like all get out.  He could barely see straight, and he eventually collapsed to the ground, unconscious and battered.  His last thought was, "Stupid daylight...."

"Screw parking."

BOOM! Altair rammed the van right into the mall entrance. He drove down a bit, managing not to run over anyone. There, he got out, saw several beams of light flash from down the corridor, and headed over there while everyone else was heading the other way.

"This is where the fun begins."

Altair was walking to where all the supers were. Flames, light, and swords appeared to be much of the show. On a smaller scale, Altair noticed that Darklight had collapsed. Remembering what the Order had told them, he took upon the chance and pulled out his chains. Wrapping him up, Altair moved quickly back to the van. This was perhaps the most wanted man in the Order, and Altair would be the one to get him. A rise in rank, no doubt, would be the reward, along with a few cash rewards as well from city authorities. Getting back to the van, most of the mall was destroyed now. The fight seemed to last for hours. The van backed out, and drove off, with a very pleased assassin and an unconscious being of darkness.

217 (edited by Mandalorian Assassin Friday, November 23, 2007 7:56 pm)

((So, why would the authorities want a hero out of the picture anyways?  Just curious))
Darklight saw nothing but a haze of grey in his vision.  Before his mind's eye passed familiar images, images and memories of the past.  The accident, his first fatal mistake, the first meeting with Voidhunter, and the subsequent failures and successes from then onwards.  He remembered his first meetings with Sunburn, Jack, Burnout, Rift, Hypothermia, Maple, Starbright, and all the other heroes he had met in his time.  He remembered the damage that he had done to hsi friends and family in his first year as a hero, and what that damage had cost him.  His memories played before him like a DVD repeating a show over and over again.  All the while, he did not feel the sensation of a moving vehicle.  As he dreamt, the van moved closer and closer to its final destination.

Flame hadnt heard Oni. He continued to the mall, seeing a SWAT van first crash into then leave the mall. The lights still flashed inside, the fight was still on. He knew Chromium was in there, and he quickened his pace, fire begining to form in his hands.

Voidhunter could hear some of the small talk exchanged between the guards just outside of his specialized cell.  Apparently, there was some sort of fight going down at the mall.  And Darklight was in it.  Voidhunter silently prayed that some fatal accident or event would stop that self-styled hero, and finally kill him.  He only wished the public knew the truth about Darklight...but no matter, he would be dead soon anyways.  If this mall attacker didn't kill him, when Voidhunter got out, he certainly would finish the job.  And he would relish in the killing.

Drakeus was growing most annoyed at the man of flame, every time he turned around to face a new threat another one seemed to pop up again...behind him of course. Drakeus decided for a new course of action was needed, he sheathed his blade and reached into the black void that was his heart, and pulled on it leting the power flow up his arms and down and out his finger tips. The red beams of light flew out of his hands and towards the man in flame, the sick light hit the man causing him to stumble then another sending him stumbling to the ground. The flame engulfing him slowly died down. A volly of bullets came (once again) from behind him and tore him and his cloak to even more shreds. Drakeus spun and drawed his blade out and cast it at the new attacker in a fast whiping motion.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

221 (edited by Sev Fett Friday, November 23, 2007 11:54 pm)

This was new.  Jack barely managed to dodge the sword.  He quickly dashed over to the katana and picked it up.

"Oooh not so tough without your sword are ya?  Really without your swords you like quite pitiful.  Without my swords I would weigh some 20 pounds less.  My swords keep me safe at night.  I keep one under my pillow when I sleep and it's all good.  That hobo I stole my cloak from tried to steal my stolen cloak.  So I stuck him too.  I apologized as it was only a reflex.  But I don't think he cared.  He was dead."  Jack chatged at the man wielding the two katanas.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

(im sorry if i gave you the impression that the katana was flying around...its not i just threw it at you)

((lol too much Kotor for me tongue))

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

(you can never have too much kotor...)

Drakeus didnt even bother replying, but when Jack tryed to cleave him in half, Drakeus meerly raised his hand and caught the blade before it had a chance to get to his face. Drakeus tore the blade from Jacks hand and broke (yours not mine) it over his knee, and tossed it aside, he then grabed Jacks other hand and then his neck, and begain to strangle him.

225 (edited by Sev Fett Saturday, November 24, 2007 12:45 am)

Jack was losing oxygen fast.  He needed help.  He struck out blindly hoping to catch the man somewhere lucky.  This man wasn't only cutting off blood, he was crushing his windpipe!  Must have enhanced strength.  He struck out at the face feeling soft flesh but not noticing any effect.  He was beginning to panic.  Slowly he was fading.  Where was a distraction when you needed one?  HE couldn't function any more.  He slowly blacked out into complete darkness but smelling a strong whiff of scorching material and flesh before Jack went unconscious.