Boba Fett Fan Club

He's no good to us dead (in the new canon)
News

Boba Fett News

About Our News

Breaking news, fact checking, exclusive interviews, featured fans, and much more reportage about everything Boba Fett.

Celebration Orlando: Guide for Boba Fett Fans

Updated March 29, 2017 2:14 pm • Published March 17, 2017
Written by • Filed under Community

We will be covering all four days of Star Wars Celebration Orlando (aka SWCO), live from the convention with photo and text posts.

This guide is available in advance of the convention and we will be intermittently updating it as we know more of what's confirmed, when, and where.

Besides two Boba Fett actors and two of the volunteers who help run the Boba Fett Fan Club attending, here's our preliminary guide on where to go when!

ALL DAYS

SWCO Floor Plan PDF

Talent

Official Merch

Sure, you could get a Star Wars hoodie or a BB-8 as an orange... but one of the six official merchandise releases for SWCO is a Sarlacc Plush with Removable Mini Boba Fett!

Pin Trading Program

As of March 28, IGN shared an exclusive reveal of all the pins in the series. Here's the "Bounty Hunter 3-Pack" with Boba Fett, IG-88, and Bossk. It will be sold at the show store during the convention.

Originally, the official Celebration site showed a silhouette of yet-to-be-announced pins right now, but the image's filename clearly says "Boba Fett." Whoops!

Funko @ Booth 3444

Funko was expected to have a convention exclusive Fett and they announced it on March 21st. It's a Funko Wobblers Prototype Boba Fett. There's also a lottery to deal with, so get in that in advance! Note that they have a limit of one of each exclusive item per person.)

There's a rumor that this will be a "shared" exclusive, possibly with Toys"R"Us... More details to come.

Artists at the Star Wars Art Show by ACME Archives

• "Desert Palace" by Brian DeGuire features Boba Fett.
    View Print • $40 • Pre-Order (for pickup at show only)

• Jason W. Christman's "Bounty Hunters" print features Boba Fett.
    View Print • $45 • Pre-Order (for pickup at show only)

• Joe Hagan's "Jango's Finest" convention-exclusive print features Jango Fett.
    View Print • $40 • Pre-Order (for pickup at show only)

• Matt Busch has a convention-exclusive print called "40 Years of Cosmic Collectibles!" with Boba Fett on it in a few places. The print is huge: 3 feet by 7 feet.
    View Print

• Jeff Carlisle has a convention-exclusive print with Boba Fett on it.
    View Print

• Randy Martinez has a convention-exclusive print with Boba Fett on it.
    View Print • $75 • Pre-Order (for pickup at show only)

THURSDAY, APRIL 13

TBD

FRIDAY, APRIL 14

TBD

SATURDAY, APRIL 15

• 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Create-a-Clone Drawing Class with Chris Dee & Joe Hogan at Star Wars Family Room W311- Classroom Area will have some Jango Fett action.

SUNDAY, APRIL 16

TBD

Enjoy this post? Consider posting it on Facebook, Twitter and Reddit or adding a comment.

Premium Boba Fett-inspired Road Race Special Bike by Caletti Cycles

Updated March 13, 2017 3:44 pm • Published March 13, 2017
Written by • Filed under Community

Caletti Cycles just announced a pro bike called "The Bounty Hunter" that's clearly inspired by Boba Fett.

Made from a lot of premium parts *, this isn't for everyone. But for a bounty hunter who's all about precision, this fits the bill. It's also one-of-a-kind.

Check out their site for more information including pricing, details, and more.

* Helmet nod to Dark Matter Finishing, North American Handmade Bicycle Show, SRAM, ENVE Composites, Chris King, Precision Components, Kogel Bearings, and Hutchinson Bicycle Tires among others for being a part of this.

Fan Art Spotlight: "Five Tangos" by Rafael Robles

Updated March 25, 2017 11:12 pm • Published March 12, 2017
Written by • Filed under Community

Passion can elevate people above and beyond what they thought was possible, and Rafael Robles is a perfect example of that. An attorney by trade, Rafael previously had no interest or background in art until one fateful day he stumbled onto the world of Star Wars toy photography and instantly knew he had to be a part of it.

To say that he has achieved this goal would be a profound understatement. Within a year, not only has he mastered the technical aspects of toy photography but has also succeeded in establishing a style of his own, something that commonly evades much more experienced artists.

This is certainly not the first time we will mention it and probably won’t be the last, but the old adage is worth repeating: great photography always tells a story, and Rafael’s images do exactly that. They are full of both style and intrigue, whether on the battlefields of World War II, within the Star Wars universe, or somewhere in between. Rafael is also not afraid of thinking outside the box, as one of the featured photos here is of a lightsaber-wielding prototype Boba Fett on a speeder bike. Fantastic.

Rafael was kind enough to grant us an interview, and was both thoughtful and philosophical about his answers. They serve as great reminders of how Star Wars can unite people from all walks of life, and that we only grow when we are outside of our comfort zone as illustrated by Rafael’s journey that saw a lawyer become a world-class toy photographer.

Tell us three interesting facts about yourself.

I don’t think I have any interesting about myself. I think I am just one of the eight billion people who live in this immense rock called Earth, with some virtues and many defects. I work everyday to improve myself, moving away from my comfort zone, and avoiding judging other people. Life is short and death is certain. Walking with love and understanding everybody wants to be happy, no matter how they can reach their goals. I think the world will change only when I can change myself

What was your earliest Star Wars memory?

I remember my dad bought some classic Kenner action figures every Saturday for my brother and me in Mexico City, the city where I was born. I remember I had Luke Skywalker, Admiral Ackbar, and Darth Vader in my collection. Three decades later, I only have C-3PO. Waiting for Saturdays to get a new figure is the earliest memory of Star Wars in my life.

How did you get into toy photography?

One day I was looking through my Instagram timeline I found some pictures of Star Wars figures. Being a lawyer, I used to be a man with no interest or education in arts, but those pictures unleashed a need to follow suit. I immediately went to my nearest flea market and I found a Obi-Wan Kenobi 3.75 inch figure and that’s how I began this adventure in photography.

Who is your favorite Star Wars character to photograph?

Definitely Mandalorian warriors Boba Fett and Jango Fett, and masked figures in general are the best to photography. That’s because one important thing in photography is the emotion reflected in the face of people, or action figures in this case, and the eyes in the figures don’t always accurately convey that. That’s not the case in masked figures where the body language can replace the eyes’ emotions.

How would you describe your style as a photographer?

I try to capture emotions in inanimate objects such as action figures. Many of my pictures are product of images I have seen before in my mind and I try to recreate in camera exactly as I saw them. In addition to Star Wars figures, I also love to take pictures of World War II soldier action figures. I imagine myself being a (toy) combat photographer. I’m a self-taught photographer, and I mostly work with practical effects with the exception of lightsabers.

In the featured photo, Boba Fett prototype is fighting alongside Death Troopers. Who is he fighting and what is the scenario?

Boba Fett as a bounty Hunter sometimes requires from his costumers support to accomplish his missions. In this case, a high risk hunt, he demands personal support from the Empire’s best soldiers: the Death Troopers.

Boba Fett shows leadership and fearless conduct being in front of the group. It is not enough to know about weapons; the real bounty hunter needs to understand strategy and how to hunt in a pack.

What advice would you offer someone who is new to toy photography?

As in any other aspect of life, never compare with other photographers. Other photographers may have more experience, more equipment, more information, or fewer resources, less time, or less talent. You are unique and you should enjoy YOUR own process of being photographer. You are a photographer from the very moment you begin to take pictures, regardless of others’ recognition or fame. Take pictures that you like. Begin with your first client: yourself. Prepare each image with love and respect and share with others.

Be open to learning something new. Always learn new techniques. Be humble, learn, and be proud of showing your work and receive critiques. Don’t evaluate your work by the number of likes or applause. Do the job and don’’t expect anything. Be grateful of the teachings from others. Remember, enjoy the way of toy photography.

About the Artist

Rafael Robles is a lawyer who lives in Hermosillo, Sonora, México. He teaches Criminology at a local University and currently works in local government in Crime Prevention policies. Rafael loves shooting sports such as archery and pistol shooting, and starting in late 2015 he has discovered the joys of photography. Rafael’s work can be found on both Instagram and Twitter.

(Originally published on WhiteBobaFett.com.)

The "All-Too-Familiar Mandalorian Armor" in "Star Wars: Empire's End"

Updated March 25, 2017 11:55 pm • Published February 21, 2017
Written by • Filed under Fettpedia

Today, Chuck Windig's conclusion to the Aftermath trilogy, "Empire's End," hit the shelves.

In "Aftermath," an acid-damaged set of Mandalorian armor -- discovered by a sheriff named Cobb Vanth within the confines of a Jawa sandcrawler -- has captivated many fans with the idea that it may be Boba Fett's.

With "Life Debt," we discovered that the Jawas have been plundering the depths of the Great Pit of Carkoon and the Sarlacc had been damaged by the explosion of Jabba's Sail Barge. Charred pieces from "a luxury barge" were also found in the aforementioned sandcrawler.

Now in "Empire's End," if you were hoping for any direct, hard-as-duracrete answers about Boba Fett's ultimate fate, well... we're just going to have to wait.

"Bring him out!"

Two Red Key raiders—Yimug the Gran, Gweeska the Rodian—drag the man in all-too-familiar Mandalorian armor out into the center of so-called Freetown."

...

"You don't deserve that armor," Lorgan says, his voice a hiss like sand against sand.

...

"Is it even real Mandalorian armor? Looks like something hammered out on a swindler's forge. Besides...wearing a strong man's armor doesn't change how weak you are. Take his helmet off."

(Bold emphasis added.)

The book gives us a little more character development for Cobb Vanth -- the man wearing the familiar armor here -- who is turning out to be quite the interesting character himself. Not to spoil any of his details, but suffice it to say that he has a massive agenda against the Red Key Company that threatens his town.

While the character of Cobb Vanth is unexpectedly a compelling one, we cannot assume that he is Boba Fett nor Boba Fett's replacement.

Despite this latest description of the gnarled Mandalorian armor, there is no trace of Boba Fett in this book, nor any implication of his presence. We also don't get any proof that this is really Fett's armor, although it is strongly implied in these Tatooine interludes.

So, what are your thoughts? Do you think the armor is truly Boba Fett's? Would you like to see him make a miraculous return in the new canon? If so, how would you like to see his story continue?

Star Wars Aftermath: Empire's End
2017, Chuck Wendig

Where To Find This

(Artwork at top of Boba Fett by Kevin Prangley. Not related to the "Aftermath" trilogy, but close to the look-and-feel of what Cobb Vanth may look like in this scene.)

Benicio del Toro's "Last Jedi" Character Still Not Confirmed, Despite "Vicrum Fett" Rumor

Updated March 25, 2017 11:56 pm • Published February 18, 2017
Written by • Filed under Film & TV

Several entertainment publications are running articles today saying Benicio del Toro, who is already confirmed to be in "The Last Jedi," is a character named "Vicrum Fett." One article actually spells it "Vlcrum Fett," which seems like a typo (or even more far fetched).

While it's spelled again slightly differently, the name "Vikram" — without "Fett" — has been rumored for a while now. The "Fett" surname is the new rumor here.

The source of the news appears to be a popular video blogger, Mike Zeroh, who discusses in a video how he came across Benicio's page on an off-shoot wiki called wikiwand.com. (We can see that Wikiwand clearly aggregates all or most of its data from Wikipedia.)

In the Google search result description for Benicio's Wikiwand page, it says "Sir Vicrum Fett" in the row for "The Last Jedi" where his character name would be positioned. You can see that in a screenshot we just saw ourselves here:

Benicio's Fett Reference in Search Description

Note that the search result for his Wikipedia page do not say the same thing.

When you load up the Wikiwand page itself, there's zero corroboration for the meta data, even in the HTML. On the front-end, it says "TBA" aka "to be announced."

The video blogger addressed this too. Since wiki-based content management systems can be edited by anyone and moderated by a select few, we also looked in the recent revisions.

Was "TBA" changed from "Sir Vicrum Fett" recently? We cannot find a single match of a user going in to change it from "TBA" since it first appeared.

We also checked WikiBlame which searches revision history by keyword. No matches.

This means it's just Mike Zeroh, who claims he saw a change, and the search engine description text, which we can corroborate. But the description text can be messed with by wiki users who know how that all works.

Because we can't verify this further, and that's the only evidence in the news circulating, we think this is very weak.

Don't believe it just because of this.

###

For more Fett Fact Checks, see our page for the "story" films and our page for Episode VIII.

Toy Fair 2017: New Boba Fett / Han Solo 2-Pack Figures

Updated March 25, 2017 11:56 pm • Published February 18, 2017
Written by • Filed under Collectibles

Also at Toy Fair 2017 today, twiswcast (Twitter) shared some great photos of a new Boba Fett action figure on display.

We can see it's got the five points-of-articulation style and that it's going to be a two-pack with Bespin Han Solo.

The release date is this Fall.

Note the extra gauntlets and double flame throwers. Interesting...

Sir Steve's Guide has a good photo of the figure. On the side, you can see non-canon hoses running to the two non-canon flamethrowers.

Toy Fair 2017: New 3.75" Black Series Prototype Boba Fett

Updated March 25, 2017 11:56 pm • Published February 18, 2017
Written by • Filed under Collectibles

Live from Toy Fair 2017 today, our friends at Jedi Temple Archives broke the news that a new Hasbro Black Series 3.75" wave will include a Walmart exclusive Prototype Boba Fett!

The last Black Series Prototype Boba Fett was in 2014, stood 6" tall, and was a Walgreens exclusive.

According to Yakface, this line is actually re-packs of previous 3.75" figures, which include already an older Prototype Boba Fett from 2011, which is already a re-paint of their 2004 Boba Fett (VOTC) with a belt/holster piece from a 2007 Fett.

Helmet nod to jeradchil on Twitter for the heads up and Kelton Slaton on Facebook for the re-pack points.

UPDATE

An official press photo has been released:

It's due to be released this Spring.

Fan Spotlight: Emma Swanson

Updated March 26, 2017 12:19 am • Published February 16, 2017
Written by • Filed under Community

This fan spotlight is part of a series focusing on cosplayers who exemplify qualities in creativity, community-building, and craftsmanship.

Emma as Mandalorian Ivven Oyre

What is your name and who are you cosplaying as?

My name is Emma, but I go by RoboEmma on Tumblr and the greater internet! I’m costuming as Sabine Wren from Star Wars Rebels, and my custom Mandalorian character, Ivven Oyre.

What groups/clubs/sites are you a member? What is your handle for those sites?

I am a member of the Mandalorian Mercs; I go by Vhe Oyre on those forums. I’ve haunted that place for a good 6-7 years now, and served on the Application Team for a while! It’s been a very rewarding experience to watch the club grow. I was also just recently approved as an X-Wing Pilot in the Rebel Legion, so that’s very new to me!

Rebel X-Wing Pilot

Emma as Rebel X-Wing Pilot

Why this character and costume? What's the story?

As for Sabine Wren, the choice to make her costume seemed obvious: I’d been obsessed with Mandalorians and I’ve costuming as a custom one for years, so when Dave Filoni started giving us these awesome canon Mandalorian women like Bo-Katan and Sabine, I eventually couldn’t resist; it had been so long since I’d made a Mando. Sabine spoke to me almost immediately: I’ve always been partial to good guys (Go Rebels!), she wore pink, like my custom Mando, and she was a sassy artist-type and I’m an illustrator, too. I related to her instantly, even though her character design took a bit to grow on me. Now I love it, especially the checkerboard shoulder ala Biggs Darklighter. Once I saw her operating on Star Wars Rebels, I had to have her.

In terms of my custom Mando, I love the creativity that comes with making original characters. I’ve always had a million OCs wandering around my head, and I’ll always be drawn to my own, personally-created characters. I picture Ivven as a grumpy, cold-hearted type who travels around the galaxy with her KOTOR-style crew as a high-risk smuggler of sorts.

Emma as Sabine

What has been one of your most memorable experience as this character?

Sabine was a new experience for me. As someone who usually costumes as unrecognizable custom characters, wearing a timely, relevant, and popular new character was a trip. It was amazing wearing her at Celebration Anaheim; the reactions were so positive, and I was blown away by all the little girls who were so excited to get their pictures taken with me. That, and I got to hang out in the AMAZING Mos Eisley cantina set at Celebration with a Hera costumer for like two hours. I never wanted to leave. It was so immersive.

As for Ivven, I’ve worn her for so many years at this point, that the memories are starting to blend together. Honestly, I think the moment when I first saw a picture of myself in the costume after just finishing it, and thinking, “…Wow. I look so… cool!” after worrying myself to death over whether it turned out or not, was one of the more memorable moments. Traveling in groups of
custom Mandos is pretty great, too, every time it happens; I love hanging out with other Mercs.

What were some of your challenges to get your costume just right?

Emma as Sabine Wren

I went into building my custom Mando with very little costume experience, and that was a lot of hand-skills to learn. It took a while to simply understand quality, in order to judge whether things were up to par. I literally learned to metalwork to make Ivven, because I knew from the start that I wanted to make her out of 18 gauge aluminum. It took a good year or two and a failed Mandalorian costume in order to be good enough at metalworking to finally make a quality kit that all came together. That, and the chest plates, and getting them to fit my figure the way I wanted. That took a while to get right, understandably.

As for Sabine, the challenges of translating a cartoon rendering to a real-life equivalent was rather trying; cartoons rarely give you seams or realistic models. Sabine was the first time I had to learn Sintra or real leatherworking, so that was also a learning curve; I’m getting better at picking things up the longer I costume, though, so that wasn’t too bad. I made absolutely everything on her costume from scratch, including the patterns for the cloth parts. The biggest challenge with Sabine came down to time: I was on a super tight budget, and was literally still painting her 15 minutes before driving to the airport for her first convention appearance. Somehow, I pulled it off! Sabine’s paint scheme is super detailed and particular; painting was definitely the biggest challenge, in the end, and getting all the lines clean, while also factoring in time for it all to dry.

What advice do you have for other cosplayers?

Advice? Everyone sucks when they start. My first costume (another Mando) was a big hot mess. Don’t ever be afraid to scrap every single piece and start from scratch. Persistence and a stubbornness against giving up will get you places. If you don’t have talent, you can learn talent.

After about 6 years of costuming, I am at the point where I know I can do anything if I am willing to work until it’s right. I can learn any skill I don’t have, and so can you. Be a perfectionist, but wear an imperfect costume. It’s about fun. Never let something like that keep you from wearing your costume. Only make the characters you love. You don’t need a ton of money or a ton of support to make great costumes. You’re never done upgrading. Join a costume club; the opportunities and communities they open to you will blow your mind.

What is your favorite Star Wars moment from the films, books, comics, games, etc.?

Oh gosh. Don’t make me choose. If we’re talking the films, the moment where Han swoops in and clears the way for Luke to blow up the Death Star, and Luke’s reaction to scoring the hit; that build-up of the music right before it blows. Episode IV is my favorite, just for that scene. I to this day can’t watch that moment without getting breathless.

As for everything else, I started with the EU and moved to the movies, so it’s hard for me to narrow that category. The Revan reveal sticks with me pretty hard. Right now, though, I still haven’t picked myself off the floor after hearing Rex’s voice in the big Rebels Season Two trailer. So yeah: that moment at Celebration Anaheim where they premiered the trailer and revealed Rex was back, and I nearly busted my knee plates and rangefinder when I slid out of my chair. That’s my current favorite Star Wars moment. The clones mean so much to me.

Thank you Emma for taking the time to answer these questions for us! Be sure and tune in to Star Wars Rebels on Disney XD on Saturday, February 18th to see Sabine Wren confront her mother on Mandalore!

"Star Wars Night" Boba Fett Jersey for Omaha Storm Chasers

Updated February 15, 2017 2:26 pm • Published February 15, 2017
Written by • Filed under Collectibles

The Omaha Storm Chasers, a Minor League Baseball team for the Kansas City Royals, just announced a special Boba Fett jersey for their May 5th "Star Wars Night" game against the Redbirds.

The players and coaches will wear the jerseys, which will later be auctioned off that evening to benefit The Methodist Hospital Foundation.

Several professional sports teams have done things like this before, such as the Bradenton Marauders (MiLB team for the Pittsburgh Pirates) in 2014. It's also common that the 501st will have cosplayers before the game begins for some great photo ops.

"Star Wars: Underworld" Still Looks Shelved, Despite Reddit and MovieWeb Buzz

Published February 14, 2017
Written by • Filed under Film & TV

"Star Wars: Underworld," the shelved project circa 2005 that would have been a live-action Star Wars television show rumored to involve Boba Fett, is abuzz on Reddit and now MovieWeb today -- but for all the wrong reasons. Someone saw the release date to the user-submitted content website IMDb as listing December 2018.

Wait a second now.

As we've seen in the past with Temuera Morrison being added to projects on IMDb incorrectly in 2014, we had to take a closer look with an IMDb Pro account, which lists more information than the public website. Here's what we see:

As you can see here, there is not only no activity on the pre-production and production front, but also a handful of old credits like Rick McCallum are there. Rick was originally attached to the project but hasn't produced Star Wars content since the prequels.

This sure looks like fan speculation and another goof with IMDb authenticity. Move along.

On a more positive note: are you curious for vintage information on what this project was all hyped to become? We last mentioned Underworld in January 2012 when a movie site paired it with the comic book by the same name and also in an MTV News summary where Daniel Logan was also then listed as rumored only.

Total Votes: 483 Started: October 11, 2015 Back to Vote Screen

Saga and Story Film Timeline

• Star Wars Episode VIII (8): Rian Johnson (writer and director)
  • Star Wars Story Film #2: protagonist is a Young Han Solo, with Christopher Miller and Phil Lord (directors) and Lawrence Kasdan and Jon Kasdan (writers) each confirmed by starwars.com on July 7, 2015
  • Star Wars Episode IX (9): Colin Trevorrow (director)
  • Star Wars Story Film #3: no protagonist and no director (after Josh Trank left the project) and Simon Kinberg (unconfirmed writer)
  • Fett Fact Check

Is Boba Fett a Mandalorian or Does He Just Wear Mandalorian Armor?

Is Boba Fett Dead or Alive?

Star Wars Story Film(s)

Looking for all our news coverage? See our news archive since 1996.