My Bounty for BFFC MembersLogin to add to list, rate, and review
Review ThisLogin and add a rating before writing a review.
Published September 20, 1994.
Second edition, following the 1980 first edition.
From the publisher:
THE ART OF STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK is a magnificent, full-color celebration of the amazing artistic and technical accomplishments in the second chapter of the most spectacular space epic of all time. Lavishly illustrated with production sketches, production paintings, costume designs, construction drawings, matte paintings, storyboards, and stills, and complete with biographies of the outstanding artists and technicians who created the film, THE ART OF STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK is an indispensable volume for fans and special-effects buffs alike. This volume includes:
* The complex stop-motion animation technique used for the tauntaun, the beast Luke rode on the frozen planet Hoth
* The design and animation techniques used in the creation of the immense Imperial walkers
* The fascinating development of the swamp planet Dagobah
* The evolution of the character of Yoda
* Enthralling matte paintings that bring Cloud City to life
NEW Additional Info
RatingsBe the first to rate this
ReviewsNo reviews yet. Write the first one. (Add a rating first and then you can review.)
- 6,390 views
- Ranked #4 out of 188 in this category