[Female Voice]:
Atzari system
Ten standard years after the Yuuzhan Vong War
Slave I in pursuit of prisoner Habuk
Boba Fett's private record

[Habuk]:
"What ever they're paying you, Fett, I'll double it!"

[Boba Fett]:
says the voice on the commlink. They say that a lot. They just don't understand the nature of a contract. This time it's an Atzari glitterstim dealer called Habuk, who's overstepped the mark of the Trader's Commission to the tune of four hundred thousand credits.

"A contract's a contract," I tell him. Slave I is close enough on his tail to give me a visual on him. I swear he's flying an old C95 Headhunter. No hyperdrive, or he'd jumped for it by now. And no wonder he's surprised. An old Firespray like Slave I shouldn't be able to catch him on sublight drive alone. I've fitted a few more, uh, extras recently. The only completely original part of Slave I now is the seat I'm in.

[Habuk]:
"My laser cannon's armed."

[Boba Fett]:
says Habuk, breathless.

"Good for you. The galaxy's a dangerous place." The Headhunter executes a deep turn to port with it's aft maneuvering jets and Slave's laser locks onto the Headhunter's drive signature, matching it's turns and loops with no need for guidance from me. His engine flares in a ball of white light. The fighter begins an uncontrolled roll and I have to gun it to get a tractor beam locked on and haul Habuk in.

Grab arms make a satisfying ka-chunk against the Headhunter's airframe as I secure the fighter against the casing above Slave I's torpedo launcher. Habuk is making the noises of panic and pleading that I hardly notice these days. Some prisoners are defiant, but most give into fear. He makes me offers all the way back to Atzari, promising anything to survive.

[Habuk]:
"I can pay you millions!"

[Boba Fett]:
The contract is to deliver him alive. It's very specific.

[Habuk]:
"And my stockholdings in Kuat Drive Yards!"

[Boba Fett]:
I think it's the silent routine that gets to them in the end.

[Habuk]:
"Fett, I have a beautiful daughter."

[Boba Fett]:
He shouldn't have said that. Now I'm angry. I don't often get angry.

"Never use your kids, scumbag, Never."

Landing on Atzari's a little tricky when you're holding a crippled fighter on your upper works. I set Slave I down on the landing strip, lowering it gently on the thrusters, feeling the aft section vibrating under the load. And I have an audience.

The coalition wants to show they can hire the best to hunt down anyone who crosses them. I oblige. A bit of theater, public relations. Like Mandalorian armor, it makes the point without a shot needing to be fired. I walk along Slave I's casing to clambor up onto the Headhunter's fusilage and crack open it's canopy seal with a laser housed in my wrist gauntlet. So I hit Habuk harder than I need to, and haul him out of the cockpit to rapel down ten meters to ground of the landing with him. It hurts deep in my stomach. I don't let anyone see that.

Then I deposit the man on the landing strip in front of the men he owes four hundred thousand credits. It makes the point. I like making points. Presentation is half the battle.

[Customer]:
"Want to keep the starfighter, too?"

[Boba Fett]:
asked the customer.

"Not my taste."

The spaceport utility loader comes to remove it from Slave I. I hold out my palm.

"I want the rest of my fee."

He hands me the outstanding two hundred and fifty thousand credits on a verified chip.

[Customer]:
"Why do you still do this, Fett?"

[Boba Fett]:
"Because people still ask me."

It's a good question. I ponder it while I sit back in the cockpit, catch up on the financial headlines on the holonet news as Slave I heads for Kamino on autopilot. My doctor is meeting me there. He doesn't like the long journey, but I don't pay him to be happy.

Now I find I'm thinking of a daughter. Ailyn. Who I haven't seen in fifty years, wondering if she's still alive. You see, I'm ill. Think I'm dying. If I am, there're things I've got to do. One of them is to find out what happened to Ailyn. Another is to decide who's going to be Mandalore when I'm gone. And the third, of course, is to cheat death. I've had a lot of practice at that.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Re: Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines.

cool

Dead or alive I get payed ither way >:) >:)

Nice that looks cool. tongue

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

4 (edited by draco fett Thursday, July 20, 2006 1:34 pm)

That was awesome. I NEED that book. I have a feeling that I am going to be watching that count down non-stop.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

5 (edited by Spider-Fett Thursday, July 20, 2006 4:48 pm)

Just so they don't actually make Fett die, it's all good.  If they do make Fett die, I will send them enraged hatemail for all eternity.
SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

You and me both. I knew Ailyn would play into it somehow. And that last line about cheating death, GLORIOUS!

There's only one Return, and it ain't of the King... It's of the Jedi.

To be honest, my first impression was that a three-year old had written it...I don't quite like the disrespect to Fett's personality, and stupidly throwing in references to Kamino, Mandalore, and whats-her-face...but of course, that's debatable...anyone else have a problem with this selection?

-Captian Murphy

I like the theme behind it, could  be good except i see what you mean Balance.
Makes Fett seem... too moral. Or maybe soft. I think it just takes away from his overall image.

Also the first line of the last paragraph is just terrible. In good writing you don't just say, "I'm thinking of my daughter." It should have been more like, "I tried to focus on the headlines, but my mind wondered to a face that I haven't seen in fifty years."

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Fett is supposed to be moral.

Since when? tongue

It just feels like the authors taken a bunch of dumb elements and references and crammed them together as if she actually knows something about the character.  Kamino, Mandalore, "I have to pick the next Mandalore", mad  I'm not liking it so far. 
Hello from Mexico, BTW.  I've been in the Baja for the last two weeks.  tongue

-Captian Murphy

A large part of the reason that it sounds good to me is because it has Fett as a bount hunter still, and I have always hated how he supposedly quits hunting completely.

He does need to pick the new Mandalore because this is after he rebuilt the mandalorians, but i think you are right. Also it seems like Boba must be about 70 now, and i dont know how he could still do the things he used to do, they just keep making the charecters older and older.

I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

According to Miba (I am not questioning her, I just have not read it anywhere else), sixty or so is about middle aged for humans in the Star Wars continuity.

Oh ok but i am still planning on getting this book.

About the cheating death part.  My guess is that once Fett gets to Kamino, he'll have Taun We make a new, young and healthy clone body for himself, and then have his brain transferred from his old dying body into his new body.

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

Spider-Fett wrote:

About the cheating death part.  My guess is that once Fett gets to Kamino, he'll have Taun We make a new, young and healthy clone body for himself, and then have his brain transferred from his old dying body into his new body.

SF

Was that a joke? (not being rude if it wasn't) because i really hope the wouldn't do that.

Hail to the King Baby!!

That's actually what I was kind of thinking too (the brain transplant).  Either that, or do the same thing that Jango did, and make a clone of himself, maybe reconcile with Ailyn, and have her raise the clone to take his place eventually.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

IG-88 wrote:

Oh ok but i am still planning on getting this book.

Who isn't?  It's got Fett on the cover big_smile.

Clone bodies?  As much as everyone likes Boba Fett, the second you introduce that, all the main characters might live forever...some people have been waiting for years for an author to get a chance to pick off Luke, Leia or Han... tongue

Anyway, the book comes out in about a month...check out www.njoe.com, they have a timer for it tongue.

Some quotes from the NJOE:

traviss said that boba and han will definitely be "together" in bloodlines. they may not ever be best buddies she said but they will be helping each other out."

And suprisingly,

-[Traviss re: A Practical Man] "Why did the Mandalorians side with the Yuuzhan Vong? What were they thinking? They're not stupid, they had to have their reasons, and that was the gap I wanted to fill. It's actually not what it seems."

-Captian Murphy

Yeah it sounds interesting i wanted to find out  more about that.

I read it again this morning, and thought about it , and I realize that I'm actually feeling grief that Fett is at the end of the road.

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

Well, if Fett does have to die, as all humans do, I really hope he goes out on a blaze of glory, something that'll put him in the history books for good. But, that part about Ailyen actually being Fett's daughter, I'm not liking that too much. I don't think Fett'd would have a kid; I mean it's just not something I could imagine.

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.

It's just something these creators go through to attract more customers. To make people curious and want to buy the product to see what it's all about. It's all business at the end of the day.

You hear that Sev, someone thinks I'm excellent-Scorch
Well that makes two of you-Sev

Well  put, SabreMandalore.

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.

Well watching tv series, reading graphic novels aka comics, and WWE you begin to understand the brain of a business man. Thanks for the complement. smile

You hear that Sev, someone thinks I'm excellent-Scorch
Well that makes two of you-Sev

I like how you threw WWE into the mix there lol. My sister always said it was like a soap opera for guys. (or girls who like to watch people get thrown around)

Hail to the King Baby!!