Re: what is your favorite death scene on the star wars series

Although I am a big supporter of the Empire,I like Paply's, its funny to see a geriatric being thrown down a bottomless pit.

Quote of the Month.
My sister-"No way, Jose!"  Me-"Yeah way, Enrique!"

BFFC-Mel wrote:

Anakin was a fool. Surely the Chosen One could distinguish wrong from right. But then again he was so worried about being powerful that he was probably blind to everything else. Obviously Padme wasn't too smart either.

Being the Chosen One did ot make him the greatest Jedi. He was still young. That is like saying George Washington was a bad president for cutting down his fathers apple tree.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

I like when Anakin is podraceing and he gose in the tunnel and there are rocks hanging from the cieling and a podracer slames right into it. I thought that was funny.

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

Jabba The Hutt.

DIE JABBA DIE!

draco fett wrote:

You stole my signiture! Anyway, I like all of the Jedi deaths.

What are you talking about?

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

KudarMubat15 wrote:
BFFC-Mel wrote:

Anakin was a fool. Surely the Chosen One could distinguish wrong from right. But then again he was so worried about being powerful that he was probably blind to everything else. Obviously Padme wasn't too smart either.

Being the Chosen One did ot make him the greatest Jedi. He was still young. That is like saying George Washington was a bad president for cutting down his fathers apple tree.

Um... it was a cherry tree (choke cherry, I believe, as real cherry trees didn't grow there). *snigger* Sorry...

Jabba's death, I thought, was mediocre. I mean yeah, it was fun to see the fat !@#$%&* die. But I wish they'd showed more of Jabba's dying and less of Leia's heaving bosom (grrgrumble).

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

I like Jango's, mostly because I hate the (censored for harsh language).

The best death however, or the best series of deaths, is a close match between Greedo and the stormtroopers trying to kill Luke and Leia in A New Hope, when they had to use a grappling hook because Luke blasted the brudge controls.

Greedo served his purpose in defining Han's character. Han shot him under the table. More importantly, he shot him under the table FIRST!!! FIRST, NUMERO UNO, THE FIRST AND ONLY SHOT IN THAT SCENE! I don't recognize the remastered version as the truth, as it slaughtered Han's first impression, which was supposed to be that of a mercenary who cares for no one and nothing except getting by and getting rich. Shooting Greedo first showed that he didn't care about honor, and would do whatever trick he had to to keep his hide alive. George Lucas, with his digitally remastered version, stabbed that with a knife.

Moving on, I think one of the best killing scenes was Luke and Leia fighting off stormies from under the door and across the gap in the Death Star. That's the first place I heard the classic scream, and I love firefights in general. As a corollary, Han's own experience on the Death Star was also excellent. Chasing a squad of stormtroopers back into their own barracks, where at least a dozen more are waiting. Crazy guy, too bad someone killed his opening impression. *eye twitches*

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

Actually George Washington didn't cut down a cherry tree. Some guy put it in his book to make it more interisting.

I liked the space battles a LOT. Depending on who I'm rooting for that day, I always feel bad when whoever I'm rooting for gets blown up, and when the other guys die. But I always hate it when the Super Star Destroyer gets blown up.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Oh I forgot about the stormtrooper on the speeder in ROTJ that Luke cuts the front end off and it goes spinning dramatically into a tree. I cracked up at that one too. lol

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

THE FLASH wrote:
BFFC-Mel wrote:

He wasn't acting on what was right or wrong but rather what he wanted. And that was to save Padm'e. People will comdem him for that but he was acting on fear of losing someone he loved. Yoda didnt say that fear leads to hate etc etc for nothing. It is true, Anakin was scared of losing someone, he did what he felt was neccessary to save that person, but that lead to suffereing, which lead him to the darkside. And his fall from grace and into the inferno(both literaly and metophoricaly).

Think of it this way also: What would YOU do to save the people you love??

as for deaths, the Jedi deaths were moving, not just how they died but why. and how the clones were just used to do it

For my detaild thoughts on order 66 and the purge i have a blog on it
http://blogs.starwars.com/Macleod85/2
enjoy

You have a point, but Anakin forgot a key rule of life - everyone has to die at some time.

Also it's better to let someone die with dignity then let them linger on simply because you love them and don't want to let go. Anakin also lost the ability to see that killing many others for one life is not a justified reason to do it. All those who died would have been loved by others. But Anakin was too selfish and near sighted to realised the result of his actions. But hey, they'd be no story if he didn't do it wink

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

BFFC-Mel wrote:
THE FLASH wrote:
BFFC-Mel wrote:

He wasn't acting on what was right or wrong but rather what he wanted. And that was to save Padm'e. People will comdem him for that but he was acting on fear of losing someone he loved. Yoda didnt say that fear leads to hate etc etc for nothing. It is true, Anakin was scared of losing someone, he did what he felt was neccessary to save that person, but that lead to suffereing, which lead him to the darkside. And his fall from grace and into the inferno(both literaly and metophoricaly).

Think of it this way also: What would YOU do to save the people you love??

as for deaths, the Jedi deaths were moving, not just how they died but why. and how the clones were just used to do it

For my detaild thoughts on order 66 and the purge i have a blog on it
http://blogs.starwars.com/Macleod85/2
enjoy

You have a point, but Anakin forgot a key rule of life - everyone has to die at some time.

Also it's better to let someone die with dignity then let them linger on simply because you love them and don't want to let go. Anakin also lost the ability to see that killing many others for one life is not a justified reason to do it. All those who died would have been loved by others. But Anakin was too selfish and near sighted to realised the result of his actions. But hey, they'd be no story if he didn't do it wink

you've nailed it. But also, after re-watching ROTS and readin these posts, that Anakin was a selfish person. He may have been more concerend with his own pain(i.e losing Padm'e), rather than trying to save her from death. But by the time ROTJ comes around, he looks to have matured as a person, and then chose to right path((i.e saving luke) rather than a selfish path.

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

37 (edited by Sadriel_Fett Wednesday, July 4, 2007 8:15 pm)

*Moderated for content*

Racial slurs will NOT be tolerated.  Please refrain from any racial slurs of any kind, or you will be banned from the boards.  Thank you.

Quote of the Month.
My sister-"No way, Jose!"  Me-"Yeah way, Enrique!"

The Yautja wrote:
draco fett wrote:

You stole my signiture! Anyway, I like all of the Jedi deaths.

What are you talking about?

Oh, sorry, I forgot I posted this. I was just joking smile . I used to have that as my signiture on the old boards. No hard feelings or anything.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I liked two different death scenes....i cant pick between them.   The first is the Count Dooku Death in episode three.......the second was the death of mace........boba fett ..in my oppinion....should have been able to take revenge for his father.......but its still all good that he died.

MandalorianSpy9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

Lando Fett wrote:
CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

I liked the space battles a LOT. Depending on who I'm rooting for that day, I always feel bad when whoever I'm rooting for gets blown up, and when the other guys die. But I always hate it when the Super Star Destroyer gets blown up.

Yeah, I don't like it when the super star destroyer gets destroyed by some cheap honkey that chrashes into the bridge.

that was really cheap.  Most vessels that size have four or five auxilary bridges so taking out the main one shouldn't crash it into the Death star.  There was also almost no damage on the SSD so why did it crash?

Jawa Java: The Starbucks of Tatooine

Maybe someone on the bridge was hit with a flying peice of wall or something and when they died they fell onto the steering wheel the wrong way... wink

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

You're right Miba, any number of things could have happened or malfunctioned to bring it down....

{MW} MS9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

I would have to go with 

COUNT DOOKU's death when ANAKIN chopped of his head!!!!

2nd place would have to go to MACE WINDU's death when EMPEROR PALPATINE shocked him and thew him out the window!lolol

{MW} JH3

"What a wonderful smell you've discovered"Han Solo
    [color=#FF0000]{MW}-"death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]:cool:

I just don't think anyone should get their heads chopped off in a Star Wars movie.  It's supposed to be family entertainment, and both Jango and Dooku's deaths bother me.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

45 (edited by Jawa Java Saturday, June 3, 2006 12:18 pm)

I liked Mace's death

Mace:Ahhhh!
*Thump*
Wife as passenger in speeder:Honey, you've hit another jedi
Husband: Dang! there goes my insurance!

I didn't like the head lopping either

Jawa Java: The Starbucks of Tatooine

BFFC Chrys wrote:

I just don't think anyone should get their heads chopped off in a Star Wars movie.  It's supposed to be family entertainment, and both Jango and Dooku's deaths bother me.

Whatever.  I love it, And I will always love it.
*Sniff*  I hope you never leave me, violence!  *Sob*  So touching . . .

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

BFFC Chrys wrote:

Yes, I think I could agree with you on that one! big_smile Especially Dooku's. Cuz you could see in anikins face that it took some strength to forcefully slice through his neck. bleh!

{MW} TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

I really don't have 1 favorite...but the ones i liked was Mace Windu's and the guy that got hit by the asteroid. I cried when Jango died...*sniff*

"Die? Didn't you know that Spartans never die?'- Spartan-051 "Kurt"

Mave Windu, mainly because I hate that................um..........jerk. Yeah, let's go with jerk.

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678