Topic: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

There has been some obvious controversy over the brainpower of Jango Fett. I myself feel he couldn't be that dumb as he was chosen as the template for the clone army, and he was a pretty well known bounty hunter. He may not have had the mental capacity of Boba, but he definately had his own wits about him.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

This topic is fine, just, the name isn't. I'm cutting the end of the name.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Yeah he may not have been as smart as Boba cirtainly does not make him dumb as he was alot smarter then many others. I think it says on wiki Boba Focused more on the brain power of bounty hunting and Jango went with strength and fighting.

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

I am not saying that he is mentally retarded, just that he is below average. He frequently hires other mercenaries to do the work that he was hired to do. The three main ones were Aurra Sing, Zam Wesell, qand another female assassin whose name begins with a "V." The combined work of those four is how Jango became famous, I am sure.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Frequently? I don't really remember him hiring anyone other than Zam, and that was once and it was more or less a, "Please, buddy, help me out? I'll pay you." I don't know who this other assasin is. V? Are you thinking of Vosa? She was an enemy, he never hired her.

And Jango was famous before he even met Zam.

I think Jango was fairly smart. Yes, not as smart as Boba, but he wasn't dumb either.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

6 (edited by draco fett Saturday, December 16, 2006 11:42 am)

No, I am not. This was in the New Essential Guide to Characters. I will try to find who she was in a minute.

Edit: From Zam's biography, "Jango admired her skills[,] and kept her on retainer to assist him on larger jobs*; in this capacity Zam worked alongside other contract employees such as** Aurra Sing and Vana Sage."

*I do not know what they mean by that, as she did not assist him in Episode I.
**This implies that he has even more.

From Jango's biography,"Jango entrusted the job to one of his freelance stringers, Zam Wesell, but killed her when she threatened the security of the operation."

I don't understand what's bad about hiring mercenaries to help.
Jango is indeed an elite Bounty Hunter.

[url]http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp[/url]
Everyone should check out this movie. Too bad only chapter 1's ready.

There is nothing bad about it. I am merely saying that Jango was either a coward, as he did hire more mercenaries than necessary, or actually was so pathetic that he needed to hire mercenaries to do his jobs.

You sure got a hate for Jango, I've read on other sites about why people dont like jango and listening to the star wars geeks convos at school, and the reasons they dont like him is completly sick and they should be shot for it. They dont like him simply because he's from New Zealand, and I'm sure that if your a normal respectable person you'll agree that its all retarded.

by the way wasnt saying your racist draco, just bringing up why other people say they hate him.

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

Boba is a racist. In the young Fett novels, he says that he hates all Clawdites.

Jango is elite! He was the best before:
He got his head chopped off!

"Just because Boba is smarter than Jango doesn't mean Jango is retarded."

If he was the best, why did he hire other mercenaries to do the jobs that he was hired to complete?

Maybe cause he was a dad and wanted to stay alive for his son? At one point he even almost refused a job cause he wanted to stay home with Boba. That'd be a good reason to hire the job out to other people.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

If im right wouldnt alot of this been before Boba?

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Miba wrote:

Maybe cause he was a dad and wanted to stay alive for his son? At one point he even almost refused a job cause he wanted to stay home with Boba. That'd be a good reason to hire the job out to other people.

He used his ten (at most) year old son as bait for a job. That does not appear to be the greatest act that a dad could do.

As has been stated, Jango was not as good as Boba. I agree with this full-heartedly, but just because Jango is different doesn't make him a bad bounty hunter. He actually trusted people, does that make him stupid? (If you say it does, you have some serious social problems.) Hiring people could actually make him smarter. Realizing he could not do a job all on his own and compensating for it is a pretty smart move in my mind.

Darth Vader hires bounty hunters to do things for him, does that make him pathetic, weak, and cowardly?

Hail to the King Baby!!

Fetterthanyou wrote:

He actually trusted people, does that make him stupid? (If you say it does, you have some serious social problems.) Hiring people could actually make him smarter. Realizing he could not do a job all on his own and compensating for it is a pretty smart move in my mind.

Darth Vader hires bounty hunters to do things for him, does that make him pathetic, weak, and cowardly?

I do have social problems, but I do not think trusting people is necessarily stupid, but it is stupid for a bounty hunter (in the Star Wars galaxy) to trust myriads of people. If there were jobs that he could not do alone, he was never the greatest bounty hunter, as so many people are saying. Before Boba, I would say that the greatest bounty hunter was Cradossk, or maybe Cassus. Vader's job was not to hunt people down in the same way as a bounty hunters', therefor, that is a completely different subject.

All I am trying to say is that Jango isn't stupid or cowardly just because he hired help. He did not use help every mission, if he did, then yes he would suck completely. You are really just going on the stereotype that bounty hunters work alone. On Occasion i believe even Boba has split a reward with another hunter. So why can Jango not pay a trusted associate for helping him with an overwhelming job?

Hail to the King Baby!!

I know that bounty hunters often work with partners, but Jango hires mercenaries to actually execute the missions. Jango does not do anything with the mission.

i think he only hired other mercenaries once he had boba. i think before that he only worked with other mercenaries and didnt hire them. i think he hired others to do his work because he didn't want to risk boba when he didnt have to...

blarg.blargblargblarg. blarga.

In the aformentioned book, it says that Zam joined his group of retainers, and that was before Boba was "born." Also, Jango never had to use Boba, he chose to.

Maybe that was the reason Jango wanted Boba in the first place, to use as bait and maybe he hires assassins to protect his own skin. You know, being a famous bounty hunter and all, he probably hires other, less popular assassins so no one can trace the job back to him.

I don't know, those are just a couple theories I had floting around my head.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

I know Jango is no idiot. He must have a reason for doing what he did.

[url]http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp[/url]
Everyone should check out this movie. Too bad only chapter 1's ready.

Well, you don't get to be the number one bounty hunter of the time by hiring people.  You have to build a reputation first.  Then once you're the best, you can do stuff like that.

Unless you're Boba Fett.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Thylacine wrote:

Maybe that was the reason Jango wanted Boba in the first place, to use as bait and maybe he hires assassins to protect his own skin.

He had Boba mainly because the middle woman he used wanted him to have a child. If he was the beast, he would not need assassins to protect his skin.

Sev Fett wrote:

Then once you're the best, you can do stuff like that.

If he was the best, he would have no reason to hire other mercenaries.