Topic: Why doesn't Boba Fett have a girlfriend?

Boba is clearly the ideal man (im not gay) he is manly a gunslinger and has an awesome ship wootnes!!!! hmm:

Re: Why doesn't Boba Fett have a girlfriend?

yeeeea he is, awesome!!!

Set goals along the way and never loose sight of them!!

3 (edited by Jacsveus Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:46 am)

Perhaps the reason he doesn’t have a girlfriend is that he doesn’t want one, or the fact that not many girls like the fact that their boyfriend goes out and happily murders people for a living...;)

(Then again, I shouldn’t say that. I am not only not a girl, I don’t know much about them)

"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
     --Boba Fett

4 (edited by fairyblood Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:22 am)

Jacsveus wrote:

or the fact the not many girls like the fact that their boyfriend goes out and happily murders people for a living...;)

LOL, yeah, in happy-fun-time-make-believe-land that's bad ***, but in the real world I'd be like, "Wait, you do what for a living???"

There's hundreds of reasons that he's single. One thing that comes to mind at the moment is that a lover would be an automatic target for his enemies.

"Next time I'll just reach over and pull somebody's head off."

Maybe he tried but everytime he got one...they'd turn out to have really high bounties and he couldnt pass them up. cha ching!

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

fairyblood wrote:

There's hundreds of reasons that he's single. One thing that comes to mind at the moment is that a lover would be an automatic target for his enemies.

Yep, that's why I think he doesn't have one. Having a significant other is really baggage, if you think about it. You have to stay in touch with them and hang around them and stuff like that.

He's getting it on with Dengar...

O.o

Seriously though, he's probably just not interested. I expect that he doesn't feel any need for a woman in his life, and knows that the risks would outweigh the benefits.
I imagine that Sarlacc scars and a prosthetic leg would probably damage his pulling power as well... personally, I find deformity fascinating, but most girls would probably run a mile the moment Fett took his helmet off.

Would Fett even have any scars from the Sarlacc? I mean, didn't he loose most of his skin and then have it grown back or something? That would make me think that all his old scars would have disappeared, but I'm sure he got more....perhaps I don’t know what I am saying....

--Boba Fett

My theory is he is asked to take off the helmet by each date, and he immediatly disintigrates them, yeling "IG-88, HOW COULD YOU THINK YOU COULD HIDE FROM ME!!!!"

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

Jacsveus wrote:

Would Fett even have any scars from the Sarlacc? I mean, didn't he loose most of his skin and then have it grown back or something? That would make me think that all his old scars would have disappeared, but I'm sure he got more....perhaps I don’t know what I am saying....

He does have acid burns from the Sarlacc. He also has a prosthetic lower right leg (as mentioned by a previous poster), and was genetically damaged to the point where he couldn't have children even if he wanted to. (Read Tales of the Bounty Hunters to find out more about that)

Guess that's enough to make most girls not want him huh? *rolls eyes* Personally, I think it gives him more character.

Anyway, besides the above reasons listed, I think Boba doesn't have a girlfriend because he hasn't found one who matches him in ability or wits. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to fall for a "nice rack" or anything like that so yeah...I'll shut up now before I start to ramble.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Hey! I'd be attracted to a guy who didn't have the chance of making me have a kid! Kids are annoying!

Thylacine wrote:

...Anyway, besides the above reasons listed, I think Boba doesn't have a girlfriend because he hasn't found one who matches him in ability or wits. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to fall for a "nice rack" or anything like that so yeah...

Ha ha, I think you might have a good point there. wink

--Boba Fett

Anyway, besides the above reasons listed, I think Boba doesn't have a girlfriend because he hasn't found one who matches him in ability or wits. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to fall for a "nice rack" or anything like that so yeah...I'll shut up now before I start to ramble.

I agree with that.  I'll also venture to say he's not exactly the most desirable of guys out there, from a realistic point of view.  As much as I love the character, not many people would go for the whole idea of their lover being in that kind of work, you know the kind where death is everything.  The risk of death factor would get grating eventually.

I also think approaching as a would-be lover would be too obvious of a ploy for an enemy to get to him.  I think he'd be wary of that.  Unless someone got him young and inexperienced, but I think even then he would have been nervous about close relationships.

He also may have confidence issues when it comes to women.  Or, if you go for the new stuff Karen Traviss is writing, he doesn't want to risk screwing a relationship up and ruining another person's life.  And thirdly, maybe he thinks he's matured past the point of needing a relationship.  Lots of people get along just fine without any romance in their lives.  A date/spouse is not necessary to achieve happiness and fulfillment.  It just isn't one of his personal goals.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Jacsveus wrote:

Considering the fact that it was suppose to take the sarlacc a reeeeaally long time to digest things, there probably wasn't  as much skin loss as one would think. Maybe a layer or more. So, if anything it may either look a bit raw and/r have a lack of color.

Scars don't usually bother me. For example I think Seal (the singer) is a hottie, but when I mentioned that to someone they were  like, "EW! Gross! Can't you see those scars on his face???" And I'm just like. "So?" Of course, having a huge scar on my stomach might have desensitized me.

"Next time I'll just reach over and pull somebody's head off."

Despite what Karen Traviss said I don't see how his facial scarring could be bad considering that was just about the only part of his clothing/armor that stood up against the acid.

BFFC Moderator

17 (edited by IG-88 Monday, October 16, 2006 2:17 pm)

I think he must have had scars before that he has scars in the start of his tale in TOTBH dosent he ?

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

IG-88 wrote:

I think he must have had scars before that he has scars in the start of his tale in TOTBH dosent he ?

He does have older scars, but those scars are almost required for Mandalorians, so they don't count, lol

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

he has a wive for god sakes he has a daughter read it up

may the mandolarians conquer the galaxy

Sintas was killed... Ailyn was off over yonder... most red-blooded men would have found someone else. Most, but not all, apparently.

fett was still married, he may have walked out on his family but he never got the devorce  and has only recently learnd that his wife passed away whilst been interigated by a certen jedi so i guess hes widowed/single now though hes i his 70's tongue

michaelfett wrote:

he has a wive for god sakes he has a daughter read it up

Michaelfett, most members at the BFFC have looked it up.  We're just trying to have an in-depth discussion.  Up until last month (or has it been longer?) he had never had a girlfriend, since his dead wife wasn't canon.

BFFC Moderator

ok sorry

may the mandolarians conquer the galaxy

Bah! SINtas Vel... *twitch*

Fett with a girl? Meh, it's going against all that is Mando for the guy not to. Of course, apparently nobody's told him that. I think there's a couple reasons. First of all his dad hardwired it into him (thanks a lot, Jango, we owe you one...). He grew up being told not to get attached to anyone and what a weakness it can be, to the point where he doesn't have the power to find his own humanity. That aside, he just doesn't have the social skills to form anything beyond an 'I-killed-him-fork-over-my-credits' relationship with ANYONE. The poor man is so screwed up... he doesn't know how to have a positive relationship of any sort. He doesn't know why he should want to. He's more human than human, true. But at the same time all the humanity has been ripped away from him and left nothing but killer instinct and a handful of morals in an empty armor shell. I'd liken his state of being to that of Tolkien's Ringwraiths. But so very different.

Boba Fett doesn't have a girlfriend because he doesn't know how to, and doesn't know how to want to. He's a great man, but since he was ten years old he has been a broken man. It makes me sad.

I have been considering this long and hard...

But could it not be perfectly possible and plausible that Boba Fett is actually Homosexual?

Think about it.

He may have run out on the relationship with Sintas because it started when he was very young (17 or 18 wasn't it?) perhaps he realised during this relationship that perhaps women weren't for him and so he ran out on her as he was embarassed and wooried about how she'd take it if she ever found out.

Plus this would probably make Jango gay as well.

And once again this is unsurprising if you look at the evidence.

Jango never had a girlfriend or wife either but he did specifically want a son. There must've been something nagging at him which made him think "Maybe this is my only chance at having a kid." its not like he was an old man by that point, in fact he was barely even middle aged.

Perhaps this is the reason he likes to hide behind his helmet almost personally.Maybe he is so self-conscious and worried that people will find out or guess his secret that he goes so far so there isn't any chance of them finding out.

And for you punks who think that if Fett was gay it would ruin his character. Well that is completely unreasonable and very prejudice. A gay man could just have easily done what Fett has done as a Straight man.

I'm not gay. But I think it is just morally wrong to be prejudice against people for something they can't help.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...