Topic: It's not fair!!!

Yeah, it's really not. When my Dad handed me my fresh-off-the-press copy of SW Insider #89 today, I saw this caption at the top: "Boba Fett Fiction: Exclusive Excerpt from the Novel 'Bloodlines.'" I started squealing with joy and ran off to my room.

Ten minutes later, I was nearly in tears.

And do you know why?

Because in it, our hero is dying. There's a great entry from his private records in which we can see into the mind of the Fett, and then he tells us that he's dying. Not only that, but he admits to us that which so many feared. Ailyn Vel is indeed his daughter, meaning Sintas Vel is indeed his wife, meaning that Boba Fett was (how did we put it here?) indeed "a father in absentia." And I quote...

"...as Slave I heads for Kamino on autopilot. My doctor is meeting me there. He doesn't like the long journey but I don't pay him to be happy. Now I'm thinking of a daughter- Ailyn -who I haven't seen in fifty years, wondering if she's still alive.

"You see, I'm ill. I think I'm dying."

Oh yes, Boba. Someone is going to die. Because if George Lucas approved this, I'm going to murder him. Fett can get old and die a good death, this is true, but WHY AILYN?!?!? The fact that Boba is dying only adds to the agony. Truly, friends, today is a very sad day in Fett Club history.

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

Re: It's not fair!!!

http://www.bobafett.com/boards/viewtopic.php?id=610

I do not think that any of us like those sections of it.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

He had to die sooner or later, I was just hoping it would be in some huge firey explosion or where you think he dies, then he kills the guy... then dies.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Ah. Sorry, I haven't been online in months. This is the first I've heard of Bloodlines and I was terribly upset by it.

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

*Doesn't finish reading your post in fear of spoilers* MUST GO BUY!!!!! http://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/template/smiles/icon_domokun.gif

"Next time I'll just reach over and pull somebody's head off."

I would imagine that if Fett knew that he was about to die, he would commit harra kiri (I think that that is the word).

I don't think Boba would go and kill himself, to save his honor, he would most likely live out the last few moments of his life doing what he does best, bounty hunting.

You hear that Sev, someone thinks I'm excellent-Scorch
Well that makes two of you-Sev

I mean if he was getting weak in his old age, as he would not want to get killed by some smuggler.

Then find some great and glorious quest to go on, restart the Mandalorian War by himself or something, do anything that includes both killing a ton of people and dying honorably, if at all.

But the family part...justice needs to be done, and The Oh Flanneled One shall pay.

"Alright, they're in front of us, they're behind us, they're on our left, they're on our right.....they can't get away this time."
-Lewis B. Puller, United States Marine Corp

I dont know what Fett would do. hmm I think he'd just pick a house in the shadows of the galaxy and live there forever.........doesnt sound much like Fett but, its all I got. hmm

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

If Fett did have to die, I'd want him to go out in a blaze of glory or whatever you call it.

Okay, no offense meant, but is Karen Traviss even paying attention to the Fett fans? I mean, hardly anybody likes the idea of Fett having a kid.

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.

It was already canon anyways, it is just that nobody wanted to admit it.

Plus, you can't give in to fans demands, it just destroys everything. If you like her writing then you will keep liking it, but if she starts taking requests, everything will change and the writing will no longer be her own.

Hail to the King Baby!!

How could this be??? in an interview with George Lucas he said if he would have known Fett was gonna be so popular he wouldnt have killed him off, then he was brought back. I think Lucas has more sense then that to let it happen. if its just fiction let her write it but if its not, she will be destroyed >:(  HEAD SHOT. before fett goes I would like to see him have a son either cloned or by birth. So the  Fett name can live on.

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

Fetterthanyou wrote:

Plus, you can't give in to fans demands, it just destroys everything. If you like her writing then you will keep liking it, but if she starts taking requests, everything will change and the writing will no longer be her own.

some times other peoples ideas are way better, they KEEP FETT ALIVE!. why did she have to pick on Fett why not Solo? is he dead yet? I heard that chewy was killed, also luke should be killed off....I really hate the skywalkers.

If it weren't for the Skywalkers there wouldn't be a Star Wars. And Fetterthanyou, what you've been saying is what I've been trying to get at, a salute to you(not sarcasm).

You hear that Sev, someone thinks I'm excellent-Scorch
Well that makes two of you-Sev

I'm not saying that the skywalkers should have never existed im saying that they should be killed off. I only like star wars cause of Jango and Boba, Star wars Bounty hunter is was got me into it all.

Boba and Jango did not do much on a grand scale.

Well technically Boba started a chain reaction by leadin Vader to Luke and Solo, which ultimately caused the events of ROTJ to take place. (Also including Vader tellin luke he is his father).

Hail to the King Baby!!

great POV!!!Thats a great point!!! Although, all of that wouldhave happened without Boba and we all know it.Luike would eventually find out about Vader being his father, and if you think about it.........the whole trip to Tattoine was practicly..............."unneccassary" without Boba. Think about it.

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

We are getting a little of topic here.

yes yes you are....like i said b4, I dont meen that they should've never exsisted, they should just be killed off way before Boba.

Was there a point to posting that again?

No not really im just bored

Then you are spamming.