1 (edited by John Rot Duart Wednesday, July 26, 2006 4:40 am)

Topic: What do you have in common with Boba Fett?

Some things that I have in common with him are:  never talking to myself, being a cleaning freak, liking helmets and armor (mine are for fencing), owning a carbine rifle (Argentinian Mauser, 1891), and (usually) being brief in speech (unlike my writing).  Also, I read a lot of adventure fiction (his childhood pursuit).  Mentally, I approach his willpower (stubborness) and craftiness (PBEM Combat Mission challenge extended).

If I had the money to do it, I'd create a working model of his armor and weaponry, just in case this world runs to riot.

My '77 Landcruiser is dark green with as much battle damage as Fett's armor.

"Be Like Boba."  J. R. Duart -2006
WWJD - What Would Jango Do?

2 (edited by draco fett Wednesday, July 26, 2006 3:56 am)

Re: What do you have in common with Boba Fett?

I do not talk very much. I plan on being a Fugitive Recovery Agent (which is the reason I became a fan of him). I can be ruthless, obssesive, paranoid, moral, and megalomaniacal at times. I do not really have any friends, nor do I want any.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

draco fett wrote:

I do not really have any friends, nor do I want any.

You can't beat having friends. I suggest you change your attitude on that. (just a suggestion)

What I have in common with Fett - When i st my mind to something, I won't stop till it's finished.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

wow! I never really relised it until now, but............I have NOTHING in common with my idol! yikes

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

We both hate jedi...

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

draco fett wrote:

I can be ruthless, obssesive, paranoid, moral, and megalomaniacal at times. I do not really have any friends, nor do I want any.

I hope this doesn't open up a can of Mynoks, but those are qualities that I look for in a friend.  You can count me, if you wish.

Boba Dude wrote:

We both hate jedi...

Tibi jedi, tibi jedi!!  (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

I'm usually a perfectionist. (unless I'm too tired to care, which I guess doesn't match him)

I don't have many friends. In fact I think I can count my friends on one hand, maybe one and a half if I push it.

I can be stubborn.

I'm really good at my job.

I used to want to be a RL bounty hunter, but I've since changed my mind.

I dunno, maybe one or two other things I dunno. Growing up without a dad from about age 10 (I was 9) is something I have in common with him too.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

9 (edited by Ursula Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:25 pm)

I'm crafty, and tend to use unconventional methods of action and problem solving.
At work, I keep my agenda to myself, and use the weaknesses of others in the organization to achieve my ends. (which I think is the norm for office politics)
I never break my word, though I may fufill an oath to the letter in a way that is unexpected.
Avid reader.
I know how to use a variety of common and uncommon weapons.
I'm a firm believer in retribution and justice.
I'm an insane detail person, and manic about time schedules, deadlines, and completing jobs.
I'm a perfectionist.
I like Hello Kitty.
Oh, and until the corporate name changes, I am in the employ of (quite litteraly) the Empire.

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

I can only think of two things. We both enjoy reading. And we're both paranoid.

Other than that we couldn't be more different. If Fett and I were to ever cross paths (reality not being an issue.) he'd probably find me annoying. Not because I'd nerd-gasm at him. (Lets just assume I'd never heard of him.) Our personalities would just clash.

"Next time I'll just reach over and pull somebody's head off."

Hmm...common..Well I can't find anything... hmm

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

fairyblood wrote:

I can only think of two things. We both enjoy reading. And we're both paranoid.

Other than that we couldn't be more different. If Fett and I were to ever cross paths (reality not being an issue.) he'd probably find me annoying. Not because I'd nerd-gasm at him. (Lets just assume I'd never heard of him.) Our personalities would just clash.

Nerd-gasm?  That's a great expression!

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

Fett likes Hello Kitty?!

LOl i thought you'd know that.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

15 (edited by FettFan79 Tuesday, August 1, 2006 6:41 am)

In common--hmmmm....

I was raised the only child of a single parent.  Brought up to be independant (but something backfired--lol)

I can be very intellectually manipulative when I want to be.

Someone has to push me hard to get me to lose my temper (as my husband has been doing the past couple of days).

I'm well, I WAS quiet--voted quietest girl of my senior class, but that has changed. 

I can be mechanically-minded.  I have taken classes like auto tech, and my grandfather had me using tools at a young age.

I can be rather touchy about my vehicles.

I used to be a bit of a loner--didn't really have a "group", I kinda floated around.  I still have my friends, but I like my "ME" time.

My friends saw me as a perfectionist (as a typical Virgo), but really, I'm not quite.  Not all the time anyway.

Someone once joked with me in high school (this was well before Columbine) that I had a list of people in the works and that I would come back with a rifle in hand...he said "it's always the quiet ones, you know".  He was just trying to get a rise out of me.

The only weapons I own are a few knives.  I have shot a gun before, a rifle, and I liked it--would love to take up something like trap shooting.

*However, I do not care much for Hello Kitty* LOL
(This is a cool topic!) smile

"Train your sons to be strong, but your daughters to be stronger."--Karen Traviss, Bloodlines

{OFF TOPIC}

FettFan79 wrote:

I'm well, I WAS quiet--voted quietest girl of my senior class, but that has changed.

HUH?!?! They actually DO THAT?!?! yikes Oh, boy.......am I in trouble....

TW

[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

I'm cunning, manipulative, calm, and I prefer to work alone.

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

IG-88 wrote:

LOl i thought you'd know that.

He doesn't share everthing with me.  On this point (of Hello Kitty), he knows where I stand on it (I want to sick my Black Kitten of the Sith, "Blaggard", on Hello Kitty), so he's likely avoiding a massive conflict with me.  It's not that he can't kick my ***, it's that he doesn't want to (on account of our friendship or something).

And no, I'm not going to bring it up either!

I have some things in common with Boba Fett. I am good at school, like Boba is good at his job, and I also like guns(you know, like airsoft)

OO! I found something in common...............we both like Boba fett! big_smile big_smile

TW

shade wrote:

I have some things in common with Boba Fett. I am good at school, like Boba is good at his job, and I also like guns(you know, like airsoft)

I also love guns. Real guns; my .22, my 243 super short magnum, and my dad's semi-automatic M-16.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I prefer to work alone too, and in low lighting.  With the option of listening to music, I take silence.  It wouldn't do to have anyone catch me unaware.

-we've both killed lots of people...

"I bow to no man, and give service only for cause..."

Lol ur not serious right or are you a serial killer ?

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Was Fett a serial killer?  Or was he a soldier/mercenary/bounty hunter?

you do the math.

"I bow to no man, and give service only for cause..."