Re: Who is the better warrior Jaster Mereel or Jango Fett ?

Jaster is probably better, even though we don't see him fight in the films,he probably would have ripped him to shreads.

Dead Or Alive!

I'd have to say Jaster. He's the one who taught Jango all he knows about fighting and being a Mandalorian. Unless the student surpassed the Master somewhere down the road, but I doubt it.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Very funny but very true!

Dead Or Alive!

Funny?

Also I think they were probably... Well they both were killed by loons.

Uh. I'm gonna say "No decision"

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

I'd think Jaster would be better. He taught Jango everything he knew, and he died only because Montross betrayed him.

"Die? Didn't you know that Spartans never die?'- Spartan-051 "Kurt"

thats difficult since we've only had a brief taste of mereels abilities. i say jango though

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Jaster Mereel was probably older than Jango, and he taught Jango how to survive.
Jango, i understand was a good warrior and so was Jaster Meerel, and if it wasn't for Montross, Jaster would Probably be blowing the pants off and Jerk that crossed him. ( Scary thought )
As much as i hate to say it, Jaster had more experience than Jango, so i'm afraid that Jango would meet his match....unless Jaster Reflexes wern't what they used to be.

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

33 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:29 pm)

i say jasters reflexes arent what they used to be and that jango eventually became better than mereel. mereel is good though. probably better than montross. you know whos better than all of them? R2-D2. lol jk jk

Lol!!!!!

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

lol after all, the chicks love a shiny astromech droid who does all the real fighting like r2-d2 did. i mean in episode 1 hes the only droid that managed to fix the ship when they were leaving the blockade. r2-d2 is the man that always gets the job done, like boba fett. also like boba fett, he has a round head. lol. ok i know this was off topic but let me make it on topic:

i also believe jango might be better because i dont remember jaster ever using a jetpack.

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

i say jasters reflexes arent what they used to be and that jango eventually became better than mereel. mereel is good though. probably better than montross. you know whos better than all of them? R2-D2. lol jk jk

Jaster would comptetly own Montross  in his prime im certain he would have completly demolished Jango. Jango dosent even have the full mandalorian training.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

37 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Wednesday, November 29, 2006 9:43 pm)

maybe he doesnt need it....i mean jangos really good. also what about mereel lacking a jetpack? jango has a slight advantage there

I think Jaster would gain the upper hand and win. After all, he did mentor Jango...and there isn't many people who Jango would go to for that, so i say that Master would bust the learner, if ya know what i mean...

BB*

ā€œ(Iā€™m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.ā€ -John McClane

batman would beat them both

That has absolutly nothing to do with this conversation.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

41 (edited by Commander Appo Monday, December 4, 2006 6:11 pm)

Jaster is better than Jango, but not by much. I would still say that Jaster would win even though he lacks a jetpack. EDIT: Now I think Jango is better because I have read his story and gotten to know him better. It would be a close fight but I think Jango would be the victor.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

jaster

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met. - Rodney Dangerfield

Isaac you keep bringing back year old, dead topics

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

He's new, so he hasn't been around long enough to be involved in all the prior discussions.  Bringing back an older topic isn't exactly a bad thing.  It's kind of like dusting off an old comic that you haven't read in a while.  Sometimes you might rediscover something you forgot about entirely, which could help build on to another really good discussion.  So, be patient with our newer members, please.  Thanks.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

45 (edited by Canderous Ordo Saturday, November 24, 2007 4:38 pm)

well first jaster is jango adoptive father so my guess is that maybe jaster but it depends if jango took wat her learned then it could be close but i think  jango becuase he knows alot of jasters technique plus he most likey developed some of his own and his jet pack give him a great advantage to be out of range of jaster and to let him use hs mistols or nething else he has up his sleeves not to take away from jast he most likey has alot of tricks but i still think jango

"I'm here if you want something done right."
―Canderous Ordo

jango jaster got killed by visla but jango killed vizla

chuck norris once put his finger in the air and said "bang" and a plane crashed but but boba fett once tapped on something and 3 capital ships crashed.

It would be an even match for the most part.  Jango lasted longer.  Mereel had the full Mando experience and training.  They were both killed  by cheap shots.  Jango's jetpack would allow more maneuverability, but Mereel's Mando background and history would have a lot more conflict and he would be more experienced in combat.  That's just what I think.  Even so, I think in the end, Jango with his superior (modern) weaponry would probably overcome Jaster's skills.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

S'cuy vode!

i know im new to the boards, but I was tracking this debate, and I was wondering why ppl even bothered to compare Jaster Mareel and Jango Fett. In my opinion, its like apples and oranges...Each man's got his own history and skill set. I think they've both got their pros and cons. You want to talk about a great Mando? Let's talk about what Kal Skirata did for the tragic clones...now there's a true Mando'a!

kandosii!

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

I second that.  But I don't want to judge Skirata yet as we still have another book coming out.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

It looks like he's shaping up to be a big time hero.  But that could all be interpretation, I suppose.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.