Topic: The Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 7
Second to last episode of the season. Some attendees at Star Wars Celebration Europe this last weekend got to see this episode early. Without sharing spoilers (for the most part), the early bird consensus seems strong – like best episode of the season strong.
Rick Famuyiwa is confirmed to direct. Rumored to be 50 minutes and 40 seconds.
Lately the show has been dropping 10 minutes early, so 11:50pm Pacific instead of the usual 12am Pacific.
Share your thoughts below before/while/after it airs.
* Update: early report on the timing (50 minutes and 40 seconds) was correct for the recap plus show and credits; clocks in 53 minutes if including the long international credits
* Moff Gideon is back
* Speaking with other high ranking Imperials, Moff name checks Thrawn
* On Navarro, the Mandalorian come back; we see that the privateers (Axe Woves, etc.) in their repurposed light cruiser have painted a giant Mandalorian symbol (the one Boba Fett made famous, on his shoulder armor) in red paint on the bottom of their ship
* Mandalorian privateers join up with the other Mandalorians, as implied in the prior episode
* With the two groups who haven't met before, The Armorer "chimes in" with her tools and invites the newcomers to make camp and join them in a feast
* IG-11 is rebuilt by the Anzellans, with a spot in his chest to control him with two joysticks; Grogu ends up fitting in there
* Greef calls him IG-12 now
* IG-12 has buttons that Grogu can press which assist in speaking, e.g. "No," "Yes"
* At the camp/feast, Bo-Katan suggests they all fly to Mandalore and send down a small recon party to check out the Great Forge; she needs volunteers and, after Din/Grogu start by volunteering, others from both sides say they'll go
* After surveying the surface for a little bit, three new Mandalorians show up, who know Bo-Katan; they're pirate-like
* After "sailing" for a little bit, Axe Woves and Paz Viszla start a fight after a game they're playing goes south; IG-12/Grogu intervenes to stop them
* After some more sailing, a "sea monster" shows up on the rocky surface and they have to "abandon ship;" in some convenient cracks in the surface, they all move underground
* They're conveniently right at the Great Forge
* Imperials with jetpacks show up to fight them
* New all-black Dark Trooper with a crown-like helmet ... it's Moff Gideon in disguise; "Mandalore will live on in me," he says
* Moff thanks the Mandalorians for all gathering in one spot, but their time has come
* Bo-Katan uses the dark saber to get outta that situation
* Paz Viszla seems to sacrifice himself for the rest of them; ends up fighting three red guards, who overcome him
* Episode written by Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni
* No Boba Fett in the episode