Topic: Whistling Birds

In the Mandalorian episode 3 "The Sin", the Armorer introduces a new toy to Djarin: Whistling Birds. The cylindrical armor attachment in which they are housed is present on both Jango and Boba's armor. Is this the first time that this attachment has been given any purpose in Legends or canon? I can't recall ever finding any info on it, but I wasn't certain if it had been used in the comics or not. And is it safe to say that Boba and Jango's would have served the same function as Djarin's?

“Whoever angers you, owns you.”

Re: Whistling Birds

MandaloreRising wrote:

In the Mandalorian episode 3 "The Sin", the Armorer introduces a new toy to Djarin: Whistling Birds. The cylindrical armor attachment in which they are housed is present on both Jango and Boba's armor. Is this the first time that this attachment has been given any purpose in Legends or canon? I can't recall ever finding any info on it, but I wasn't certain if it had been used in the comics or not. And is it safe to say that Boba and Jango's would have served the same function as Djarin's?

I think they're making it more so a "Din Djarin" thing. I think it's safe to assume Boba and Jango house a flame thrower or mini-missile in their own cylindrical attachment.

"This IS my face" -Boba Fett, Twin Engines of Destruction (Page 15)