Topic: My 7th Grade Essay on 'Twin Engines of Destruction'

Found a 7th grade essay I did on Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction. The assignment was "Do a review on a piece of literature you think everyone should read at one point". I figured I'd send it here, enjoy!

Title: Twin Engines Of Destruction is jaw-dropping
          Very few books can earn the tough title of “perfect” by multiple communities. This is obviously because of contradicting opinions. One could say a perfect book must be quick and suspenseful, another may say a perfect book must be long and filled with numerous amounts of details. The only exception to this is Comic Books. Despite being ridiculed in the book community because they’re (according to most) “not real books”, Comic Books quite frankly embody everything a book needs to almost be perfect. Detail, Suspense, Action, World Building, and Critical Acclaim can all be present with a picture book but with an abnormal amount of words.
          This book, in particular, is simply known as Twin Engines of Destruction and was published by Dark Horse Comics in collaboration with LucasArts and written by Andy Magels. The comic takes place in the exceptional universe of Star Wars which itself was constructed by George Lucas. Twin Engines of Destruction one-shot released on January 1st, 1997, and was reprinted at a later date in 2014. Twin Engines of Destruction famous Star Wars bounty hunter, Boba Fett in his quest to end the career of a doppelgänger who is attempting to steal his reputation for his own benefit.
          Firstly, Space Westerns are considered Western Stories (about Cowboys, Weaponry, etc•) but with a twist. That twist is that it’s in space. Twin Engines of Destruction is not only considered a proper Space Western but one of the best of all time. The book itself is author Andy Mangel’s best book of all time. On AndyMangels.com it was even voted Best Individual Comic Book by what they described as a “massive poll of fans.” It’s even earned the praise of many reviewers of Multiversity Comics with one reviewer saying “for every half a dozen bad stories there’s at least one good one...Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction is one of those good ones.” (Chris Nelli, 2017) The book itself has also gotten many “quote-worthy quotes” with one being the main character saying “This IS my face” while pointing at his acclaimed helmet. This quote itself has become quoted and talked about by many fans of the character itself.
          The main reason why this comic has gained so much praise is simple, it’s good. It’s short, easy to read, and most importantly: Balanced. There’s a balance between 3 major key details, Action, Story, and World Building. These are the 3 things this comic in particular aims to satisfy. Of course, ever comic book always has 3 things they aim to do, each being different and each being done well and sometimes horrible. Twin Engines of Destruction has balanced it’s own 3 elements well. Very well. It has pages filled with action, pages filled with simple storytelling, and pages packed with hidden details that act as a way to build the world and most importantly, expand the characters. “He’s sloppy” “You’re not Fett...you never will be”  are words that one of the characters uses to describe the main villain, a Doppelgänger. This is a good way to set apart the main character, who is a master at his craft, and the Doppelgänger, who’s obviously sloppy.
          In conclusion, Twin Engines of Destruction is obviously the best option for a person looking for a good time. It masterfully creates a balance between Action, Storytelling, and World Expanding and is one of the greatest of its specific genre. At the end of the day, read it as soon as humanly possible.   

Works Cited
Boba Fett; Twin Engines of Destruction, www.andymangels.com/twinengines.html.
“Best Individual Comic over a massive poll of fans”
Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction. Multiversity Comics, Nelli, Chris 28 Dec.
2017,www.multiversitycomics.com/reviews/boba-fett-twin-engines-of-destruction/.

"This IS my face" -Boba Fett, Twin Engines of Destruction (Page 15)

Re: My 7th Grade Essay on 'Twin Engines of Destruction'

So cool! Awesome that story inspired you and it worked to connect into some school work! Well done.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Re: My 7th Grade Essay on 'Twin Engines of Destruction'

BFFC Admin wrote:

So cool! Awesome that story inspired you and it worked to connect into some school work! Well done.

Thanks! I think I got an A on this lol

"This IS my face" -Boba Fett, Twin Engines of Destruction (Page 15)