Re: Boba's Morality

Miba wrote:

When did he have nerves removed? o_0

I think I read that in "The Mandalorian Armor". I am not positive though...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Something like that, he had a whole bunch of pain nerves and some pleasure nerves removed by the best black market mirosurgens there are.

"He's no good to me dead."- Boba Fett

I think that Boba Fett succeded at trying to make himself better and with a stronger will     by keeping his unneeded activity at a minimum. He saw his father destroyed.....and was determined not to allow any weaknesses so he could carry on in his father's place. There is that scene where he flirts with the dancer......but i think that is about as far as he ever goes.   Every guys likes to flirt every now and then.......girls are there to admire....ya know....lol

MandalorianSpy9

ā€œ(Iā€™m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.ā€ -John McClane

thesithlord wrote:

Something like that, he had a whole bunch of pain nerves and some pleasure nerves removed by the best black market mirosurgens there are.

Lies. All lies. It mentions in The Mandalorian Armor that he had some smell receptors removed. Therefore he didn't get high on the Shell Hutt Happy Plants, this being the purpose he had intended. A person needs pain nerves, for one thing. For another there's only four kinds of feeling nerves: hot, cold, pressure, and pain. Pleasure would typically be a result of pressure. Or such is my understanding.

And as for Boba's morality, it's my understanding that this is part of Mandalorian culture. In one Star Wars Insider, it mentions ettiquite for mingling with the Mandalorians. Most of this was simple (remove your boots when entering their homes, never refuse the offer for food or drink, etc). But they made one point very clear, and I quote: "NEVER make a pass at a Mando'ad of either sex unless you intend to offer marriage and become Mando." Therefore we can safely assume that dating around is simply not done, and the concept of a one-night stand repulsive among the Mandalorians. And Boba Fett is Mando. Jango Fett was Mando. Therefore, Boba would have grown up with Mandalorian principles and morals and has clearly carried them into adulthood.

Okay, ramble over... *blushes*

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

Yeah, the Insider pretty much sums it all up.  And perhaps it may explain the whole Jango-Zam thing a little bit.  As for the pain receptors, they're necessary to human survival.  I read a book by Phillip Yancey on pain a while back, and he had several chapters discussing how leprosy causes a lack of feeling.  People who can't feel pain will abuse their bodies without knowing it, and will eventually have permanent damage (such as losing fingers or entire hands, etc.)  Being an intelligent person, Fett would know of this danger and would never be so foolish as to have his pain receptors removed.  (btw...yes!  I finally hit five stars!)

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

I saw something something on the news about a little girl who coud not feel pain. She nearly poked her eye out a few times without knowing it. Congradulations Chrys!

take it easy baby take it as it comes

32 (edited by Miba Saturday, April 8, 2006 9:28 am)

I agree with Sarin. And Chrys, yes. And, Draco, I think I heard about that girl too.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Somebody agrees with me? Holy cow!

I didn't hear the report about the girl. Anyone got a link to an article or something?

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

Yep. big_smile I agree with you. And it sounded like Chrys did too. Anyway, you said it much better than I could have, lol.

And, sorry, I don't have a link to the article cause I saw it a long time ago and only in passing. I'm not even sure what site it was on.

Take off your boots before entering house?One of my friends is Japanesse and I have to do that every time I go to her house-she'll think that's really cool.
Marriage vows?Dang I really need to find that arcticle!
   So like marrige is kinda like,if you've read Shabanu you'll know what I'm talking about,arranged?Harsh.

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.

Miba wrote:

Yeah, I think Boba's much stricter with himself than Jango is.

I always figured Boba decided what was the safest way to stay alive. Drinking or drugs would cause him to loosen up, lower his guard, and then if he was attacked he couldn't shoot straight. The un-married stuff, I thought, had to do with loyalty, like, no sleeping around. Or maybe it has to do with, if he started going with any girl who walked by eventually an assassin would get to him and get him down with one good kick and then shoot him, and he doesn't want that to happen.

But otherwise, I'm not sure if it's a Mandalorian thing or not.

I don't know about Boba being stricter than Jango.  If you read the comic series simply entitled "Jango Fett," the one where he has to get an Idol from an ugly walrus like creature, you may remember that a dancing girl tried to flirt with Jango, but he gave her the brush off.  Remember?

{MW} SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

This topic was pretty dead.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I remember that. He said he didn't have time, maybe later though. Boba wouldn't have even replied. tongue Besides, by that time Jango had Zam. wink

Boba code was passed down from mandalorian traditions and Jango was looser because of the war and everything but boba said
"look where he ended  up! I'm not slacking off one bit"

Jawa Java: The Starbucks of Tatooine

AAAAAH A SPIDER^ KILL IT! KILL IT!!!

"Next time I'll just reach over and pull somebody's head off."

Zapped.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

It does say in a book about Boba's early life that Jango was the one who tought him the code. Boba probably modified to fit his own standards.

Verd ori'shya Beskar'gam.

I just don't like the added silly and unnecessary special edition crap in Return of the Jedi with Boba Fett flirting with those dancers. The filmmakers should've filmed an additional scene of Boba Fett crawling out of the sarlacc pit!