Topic: Fan Fiction and Fan Film Ratings

As some of you already know, we host a massive library of Boba Fett fan fiction and Boba Fett fan films here on the website.

BFFC members can now choose to give a rating below the story or film, respectively. One to five stars. This will help for later providing a "most popular" filter, to skim through the list by ratings rather by date/title. It will also soon show up on your new-and-improved BFFC profile (see mine for example) so others can see what you've rated and how.

This feature is identical to the one in the "Bounty" collectibles database. Over 400 ratings have been added by BFFC members so far.

We will also be opening up a choice to give it a written review, too. In the past, with just the fan fiction, we had three dedicated critics provide a ton of reviews and those are back on the site.

If you have a story or film, we'll consider them for adding to the site!

Enjoy!

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Re: Fan Fiction and Fan Film Ratings

Update: BFFC members can now easily submit fan fiction for publication! Check it out at https://bobafett.com/multimedia/fiction/add/.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

BFFC Admin wrote:

Update: BFFC members can now easily submit fan fiction for publication! Check it out at https://bobafett.com/multimedia/fiction/add/.

I take it from the submission layout it's for complete stories only?

In the past, yes.

But with the self-submission method now, it's more possible to try out a draft and have you revise it over time.

Want to give it a try?

Founder/Editor, BFFC

BFFC Admin wrote:

In the past, yes.

But with the self-submission method now, it's more possible to try out a draft and have you revise it over time.

Want to give it a try?

Well, submitted the first chapter of Te'Kyr'yc Be Cuy'val Dar. Went to try and edit it, and all it does is give me the blank form instead of what I submitted. Was it supposed to do that in the "Unpublished" phase?
Also, not really sure what I was supposed to for bold and italics.

MacheteFett, received! Will take a look at that plus the bug you're seeing with the edit page. For basic formatting, will add a little bar like here on the message boards to provide that before it goes public.

UPDATE: Fixed the link for you to "edit." No bold/italic buttons yet for embellishing yet, but at least you can see about any formatting tweaks, like maybe full line breaks and no indents. smile

Founder/Editor, BFFC

BFFC Admin wrote:

MacheteFett, received! Will take a look at that plus the bug you're seeing with the edit page. For basic formatting, will add a little bar like here on the message boards to provide that before it goes public.

UPDATE: Fixed the link for you to "edit." No bold/italic buttons yet for embellishing yet, but at least you can see about any formatting tweaks, like maybe full line breaks and no indents. smile

Ah, much better. Thanks! Hope I got the formatting right this time? smile

Writer's Tips: If you want to take your time composing your story and/or you feel it's not presentable yet, maybe put something like "Please don't approve yet" at the bottom of it.
And try to take the time to proof-read before removing that statement when you're ready.

Great point! Happy to add a checkbox to communicate that sort of thing, e.g. this is ready for review vs. put in the system to review/format and not ready yet.

Founder/Editor, BFFC