Re: Is Fett evil?

Miba wrote:

Oh, I know all that backstory, I read Open Seasons over about three or four times. But I thought I'd read somewhere OL what I said up there.

Anyway, as for the armor, Boba does get ahold of all the Mandalorian armor he finds, and he must have gotten ahold of Jasters cause the New Essential Guide to Characters says, "He possessed Jango's reflexes, Jango's ship, Slave I, and a set of Mandalorian armor that had once belonged to Jaster Mereel, his father's mentor." But earlier on, kid-Boba wore Jango's armor and then after a while he repainted it. We have yet to find out how he gets Jaster's armor.

Yeah, I wish those scholastic books explained that. I am not sure when he repainted it though... All I know is that the armor magically changes on the front cover of the books while he is in an action scene...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

It would be nice if they explained how he got Jaster's armor.

"He's no good to me dead."- Boba Fett

The painting happens in Book 6, and it's fairly early on, I read up to about that point before I had to put it down cause RL things took up too much time for me to read a lot at that point. I really have to read the rest.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Miba wrote:

The painting happens in Book 6, and it's fairly early on, I read up to about that point before I had to put it down cause RL things took up too much time for me to read a lot at that point. I really have to read the rest.

That's interesting, I don't remember that... Maby I will have to read it again...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Do you remember when Boba and Anakin first meet and start talking and stuff? While Anakin fixes Slave I Boba goes back inside and that's when he repaints it. I think the book says something like, how he decided he was his own person then and that the colors would match him or something. I can't remember exactly, but I remember when Boba left Slave I again Anakin complimented the new color scheme (or at least commented on it).

Miba wrote:

Do you remember when Boba and Anakin first meet and start talking and stuff? While Anakin fixes Slave I Boba goes back inside and that's when he repaints it. I think the book says something like, how he decided he was his own person then and that the colors would match him or something. I can't remember exactly, but I remember when Boba left Slave I again Anakin complimented the new color scheme (or at least commented on it).

Yeah, I remember that part... I don't remember him painting it though... Hm... I'll have to skim through that area of the book.

From the republic's view he is. But not to us Boba/Jango fans. They are the best guys in the Star Wars galexy
Thats my opinion.
FETT IS NOT EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!! THE REPUBLIC IS!!!!! and those stupid jedi
tongue:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

AMEN, lol, but yeah, I guess it's your point of view.

I think Fett is really misunderstood. He appears evil to the untrained eye, but he had a rough past. Now, you want evil, Mace Windu just drips of it...

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

I think Fett is really misunderstood. He appears evil to the untrained eye, but he had a rough past. Now, you want evil, Mace Windu just drips of it...

I agree!!!

Yes, Mace is not the nicest Jedi around, but he's very commited to Jedi ideals and the Republic.  Even though he's the only Jedi who can use Vaapaad (because he's the darkest Jedi in the entire order...) I don't see him as being any more evil than Fett.  I would see Mace saving a baby from a wampa or something like that when Fett wouldn't even give it a second thought.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

hes a evil man people killing for money what you think hes gaundi

What if he doesn't survive?He's worth alot to me

big cheese101 wrote:

hes a evil man people killing for money what you think hes gaundi

Soldiers kill for money as well. Does that make them evil?

Soldiers in what sense? Mercenaries, yes. Soldiers such as...the US Army? No, they dont kill for money. They work for their money. In the case they are sent to combat, and given combat pay, its compensation for risking their lives. An E-5 on a battleship (meant for going out and killing), doesnt get paid anymore than an E-5 on...say...an unarmed freighter.

And again, it boils down to point of view. Is a Sniper's job to kill, or to protect his country, with killing being the only option?

Anywho, back on topic.

Evil lay where  individual people draw the line.  Kudar, I belive you contradicted yourself when you said good and evil doesnt depend on what people think, but where it lay morally. Because, whether or not it can be considered morally right or wrong depends on what the individual thinks. To someone with true Antisocial Personality Disorder (AKA, sociopath or psychopath), killing someone isn't morally wrong.

Is Boba evil? Well, the actual definition of an evil person is "one who is morally reprehensible or sinful"  and "one of bad character or conduct"  I would consider murdering someone for money to be bad conduct. No matter how he justifies his actions, he is still no better than an assassin or hitman.  So yes, by the true definition of the word, Boba is evil.

"I am one acquainted with the night. As a phantom I see all but light."

Oh, drat.

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

danny wrote:

Soldiers in what sense? Mercenaries, yes. Soldiers such as...the US Army? No, they dont kill for money. They work for their money. In the case they are sent to combat, and given combat pay, its compensation for risking their lives. An E-5 on a battleship (meant for going out and killing), doesnt get paid anymore than an E-5 on...say...an unarmed freighter.

And Boba doesn't risk his life?

danny wrote:

Evil lay where  individual people draw the line.  Kudar, I belive you contradicted yourself when you said good and evil doesnt depend on what people think, but where it lay morally. Because, whether or not it can be considered morally right or wrong depends on what the individual thinks. To someone with true Antisocial Personality Disorder (AKA, sociopath or psychopath), killing someone isn't morally wrong.

Is Boba evil? Well, the actual definition of an evil person is "one who is morally reprehensible or sinful"  and "one of bad character or conduct"  I would consider murdering someone for money to be bad conduct. No matter how he justifies his actions, he is still no better than an assassin or hitman.  So yes, by the true definition of the word, Boba is evil.

Well, when I said morally, I had been slightly confused... I was hearing stuff like Republicans are usually use morals in their beleifs or something like that... I can't remember exactly. What I meant was basically what you said, but I will admit that I did contradict myself. Boba is one bad dude.

"Evil exists; it is intellegence in the service of entropy. When the side of a mountain slides down to kill a village, this is not evil, for evil require intent. Sound a sentient being cause that landslide, there is evil; and require Justice as a consequence, so that civilization can exist."
So, the evil are the bounties who steal and kill and rape and hurt. The Justice is Boba hunting them down and either taking them alive which is what he mostly does, or killing them every once in a while when there's either no choice or it's specified as dead.

First you say that soldiers aren't counted as being evil for murder cause it's their job to kill. Therefore they're getting paid for murder, technically. Now you say anyone who murders for money is evil. Therefore you just said soldiers are evil.

Miba wrote:

"Evil exists; it is intellegence in the service of entropy. When the side of a mountain slides down to kill a village, this is not evil, for evil require intent. Sound a sentient being cause that landslide, there is evil; and require Justice as a consequence, so that civilization can exist."
So, the evil are the bounties who steal and kill and rape and hurt. The Justice is Boba hunting them down and either taking them alive which is what he mostly does, or killing them every once in a while when there's either no choice or it's specified as dead.

First you say that soldiers aren't counted as being evil for murder cause it's their job to kill. Therefore they're getting paid for murder, technically. Now you say anyone who murders for money is evil. Therefore you just said soldiers are evil.

I do agree, but Boba is not only hired to kill evil people. He will kill anyone for money, whether they are armed, unarmed, against him, for him, peaceful, innocent, cruel, guilty, it doesn't matter. He will kill or capture anyone or anything for the money. That is what makes him evil.

I had no idea Boba would kill anyone for money, I thought he had a sense of morality about it. Or at least as far as I can remember I can only remember him killing people for money maybe twice?

45 (edited by KudarMubat15 Friday, February 24, 2006 3:37 pm)

Miba wrote:

I had no idea Boba would kill anyone for money, I thought he had a sense of morality about it. Or at least as far as I can remember I can only remember him killing people for money maybe twice?

I am not sure... I always assumed he did... It probably depends on how you think of him. If you think of him as a Mandalorian, he seems very honorable... But as a Bounty Hunter, I don't think so... In the Bounty Hunter Wars he made note that it was best to not ask why the person highering (I think I misspelled that, I am not sure...) him wanted the other person captured. (Or dead.) But I am sure in other sources he is more honorable. Perhaps around the OT time he was less honorable, but he grew more honorable as time passed on... It is difficult to tell...

Ooh, that makes sense, since everyone has their ups and downs, that Boba would go through different stages or spells or whatever. smile

KudarMubat15 wrote:
Miba wrote:

I am not sure... I always assumed he did... It probably depends on how you think of him. If you think of him as a Mandalorian, he seems very honorable... But as a Bounty Hunter, I don't think so... In the Bounty Hunter Wars he made note that it was best to not ask why the person highering (I think I misspelled that, I am not sure...) him wanted the other person captured. (Or dead.) But I am sure in other sources he is more honorable. Perhaps around the OT time he was less honorable, but he grew more honorable as time passed on... It is difficult to tell...

Boba gets highered for bringing in someone alive because they are worth more. Somewhere in the Bounty Hunter Wars it says that it is easier to leave a blood-soaked body laying on a forgotten planet then to bring them in alive, i don't think the part of being highered to bring someone in alive is about hounerablility

thesithlord wrote:
KudarMubat15 wrote:
Miba wrote:

Boba gets highered for bringing in someone alive because they are worth more. Somewhere in the Bounty Hunter Wars it says that it is easier to leave a blood-soaked body laying on a forgotten planet then to bring them in alive, i don't think the part of being highered to bring someone in alive is about hounerablility

I know that. Bringing someone alive can be worse than killing them.

I think it's pointless to argue whether or not someone is evil when it's pretty clear that in the place they're living in, assasination and bounty hunting of this sort are legal.

Remember, in our world (at least in most countries on this planet), bounty hunting is only legal when the target is a fugitive who's skipped bail, and I think the bail bondsman may even need to go to court to get approval.  The whole "bring in this guy I don't like" thing if STRICTLY illegal here.

So I guess I don't think he's evil.  In a place where there's little or no accountability or rule of law, how can he be?

What Would Boba Do?