Re: Is Fett evil?

No Boba Fett is not evil. He works for the Bounty Hunter Guild and or The Empire. He just needs money, he's just trying to make a living. They are not evil nor good, all bounty hunters world for their guild leader for more. Read the book, The Bouty Hunter Code. With notes from Boba, Jango, Bossk, Greedo, and Dengar.

DarthDitto1135, great points! And welcome to the Boba Fett Fan Club community!

Since this topic actually started in 2006, and "The Bounty Hunter Code" just came out last year, some of these posts are informed by different material. smile

If you exclude the relatively new book, do you see other examples of Fett being evil or not being evil?

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Boba Fett, and pretty much any bounty hunter out there, are not evil. They aren't necessarily good either- they just work for the money. Of course, there are some exceptions as some bounty hunters hold grudges against the Empire/Jedi/Republic/etc, but most of the time, it's for the money.

It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up for your friends.

Galax, great points!

Founder/Editor, BFFC

I think Boba Fett is cool.
He is definetely my favorite character, and I don't think he's evil.
I think he is just so good at huntin' or whatever that people think he is evil.
A stormtrooper would do the same thing if he got the chance.
-super20580

Star Wars #5 makes it clear that he will do whatever it takes to get the job done, including very evil acts. He wouldn't be the best if he allowed loose ends to walk away. He's like a machine when he's at work.

Jedi Hunter, true, Star Wars #5 definitely showed a more ruthless Fett. It did seem not much different than some of the 1990's Dark Horse Comics "Boba Fett" stories. Either way, all points that Boba Fett is a tick towards evil, perhaps in the sense of the willingness to go there without second guessing or complicated feelings.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

boba fett is evil. but he can change if he chooses to do so.

To me he is not evil. He make his means and surviving. Of course he despise Jedi but that's not because he is evil of the heart ~ he is broken because of what happen to his Father and it only make sense he has hardened of heart. { I am taking opinion from what I have seen on film & some I've read ~ I look forward to finding deeper into Boba Fett }.

no

I think that it's more interesting to people if Boba Fett were evil rather than him just being sort of a gray morality. Evilness sells.

This is a very good question. Think about it. Fett dedicated a lot of care to his wife and daughter and eventually his granddaughter. That prospect alone is enough to make many lean towards no. Bounty hunting. Many say that is enough to say yes. However, contrary to what many think, it is NOT illegal. It is a legitimate profession. And even where hunters are killing for a living, it can't be that bad because even the greatly vaunted Rebellion and New Republic hired them on numerous occasions. That would have hired them more if they had had enough money. Fett also displayed great character quality when he told Princess Leia that he never drank or did spice. (Despite of the fact that he grew up under heavy influence from Aurra Sing.) In fact, one of the reasons he hated Han Solo is because he often dealt in spice, providing beings with an open door to hurt themselves and others. Han also smuggles and did not stop when he joined the Rebellion or even when he married Leia. And though some may call Fett a murderer, why isn't Han? Didn't he kill Thrackan Sal-Solo out of revenge? At least Fett normally only kills double-crossing scum and blatantly corrupt political leaders. My opinion is that Fett is not evil. However, in the words of Obi-Wan Kenobi this is "From a certain point of view."

“Whoever angers you, owns you.”

To me he is the neutral side, he doesn't really care about the side he picks, even if he had some problems with the Jedi's, he surely is just a guy who doesn't care which side he picks.

NONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!

of course not

Rayek wrote:

This is my first serious post here and, as I'm sure this topic has come up over and over on the previous board, I think it should be here.

Okay. What worries me is how the prequels try to make Boba Fett a sort of evil, malicious, self-serving individual. In part that's true, bounty hunters are highly self-serving, and their methods of killing and capturing their quarry are sometimes quite malicious ("No disintegarations..."), but I never imagined it possible that Boba Fett, the quiet, unknown bounty hunter from Star Wars to lower himself in screaming, "Get im, Dad!"

Aside from his mannerisms, it seems that the prequels completely wax over the fact that all Boba Fett wanted from Vader and Jabba was the money. If the Rebels had enough money and the mind to do so, I beleive he would've fought for them. I definitely don't think that Imperialistic ideals were ingrained in Fett as a young boy, so he hunts Solo for 'the greater good of the galaxy', he wants his cash.

Any thoughts on this? There's a different side of Fett that I haven't seen as of yet, the side where he works for the good guys just because they pay him.

I'm thinking the amazing Samurai movie Yojimbo, but with Fett, the Rebels, and the Imperials.

Interesting!
I agree with you. Bounty Hunters just work for the people who contracted them, and they just do it for money. But it’s true that they’ve just worked for the Empire or criminals. Probably, they would work for the Rebels if they requested it, but Bounty Hunters usually use very aggressive techniques that Jedis or Rebeles don’t like.

BFFC Moderator/Editor.
My passion is Boba Fett. That's why I'm here :-)
passionoffett@gmail.com

If anyone believes he is not evil, there is also a board wondering if he is an antihero or dark hero.

Favorite Star Wars character: Boba. (Well, duh!)

And no, I do not have disney plus. I have to have everything spoiled for me. :(

Bobafett2020 wrote:

If anyone believes he is not evil, there is also a board wondering if he is an antihero or dark hero.

https://www.bobafettfanclub.com/boards/ … dark-hero/

wink

Founder/Editor, BFFC

He’s not a villain. The Jedi are

Fetttttt fannnnnnnn

BFFC Admin wrote:
Bobafett2020 wrote:

https://www.bobafettfanclub.com/boards/ … dark-hero/

wink

thanks!

Favorite Star Wars character: Boba. (Well, duh!)

And no, I do not have disney plus. I have to have everything spoiled for me. :(

370 (edited by covermeporkins Friday, January 14, 2022 11:57 am)

My reference for Boba has always been OG trilogy. Empire and Jedi. That's it. Yes there's been so much we've seen in different versions but my main go to for what the character could be is those movies is right there. And that includes the original Jason Wingreen voice. So before anyone gets at me with UUUHHH ACTUALLY IN THE KAY-BE TOYS EXCLUSIVE COMIC...I'm just talking about the original unaltered films. So everything up to "when we got to see him as a little kid!" I do not count...or I choose to ignore.
    And there, in that universe he is most certainly a baddie. Key take aways proving this.

-When we first meet him on the bridge of the star destroyer Vader looks at him & says specifically to him. "No disintegrations" implying that he has done this before.

-When Chewbacca is freaking out and killing stormtroopers Boba Fett aims his rifle directly at him. So much show that Darth Vader grabs it. (And if Darth Vader grabbed your gun...you must def be messing up. smile ) But this once again showing he has no qualms ending the wookie right there.

-Boushh pulls the thermal in Jabba's court, again Boba has no problems blasting them right there.

-Boba attempts to capture Luke, Luke resists..Boba attempts to shoot Luke.

Seems pretty cut and draw what his intentions were in the OG trilogy. smile

Boba fett is not evil He is a bounty hunter some people think that automaticly makes him evil but he really isn't.

Fett is evil unless your talking about the Book of boba fett. Then he's more good than bad. Overall he's pretty neutral.

BobaFettJesus69 wrote:

Fett is evil unless your talking about the Book of boba fett. Then he's more good than bad. Overall he's pretty neutral.

I think Boba Fett, like Kylo Ren, Rasa Lem, and Anakin Skywalker, is a conflicted character with a redemption arc. I believe that he will eventually forgive Mace Windu for killing his father, and hope he does. The time as Dimul of Mos Espa has not softened him, but only strengthened his character. He may have once been 'bad' , 'evil' but now he has reflected over his life and has chosen a different path.

Star Wars Episode 12: Rise of The Jedi
https://maraandlukeforever.boards.net/thread/118/xii-rise-jedi
Star Wars Humorous Versions:
https://maraandlukeforever.boards.net/board/52/humorous-versions