Re: Is Fett evil?

No Boba Fett is not evil. He works for the Bounty Hunter Guild and or The Empire. He just needs money, he's just trying to make a living. They are not evil nor good, all bounty hunters world for their guild leader for more. Read the book, The Bouty Hunter Code. With notes from Boba, Jango, Bossk, Greedo, and Dengar.

DarthDitto1135, great points! And welcome to the Boba Fett Fan Club community!

Since this topic actually started in 2006, and "The Bounty Hunter Code" just came out last year, some of these posts are informed by different material. smile

If you exclude the relatively new book, do you see other examples of Fett being evil or not being evil?

aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Boba Fett, and pretty much any bounty hunter out there, are not evil. They aren't necessarily good either- they just work for the money. Of course, there are some exceptions as some bounty hunters hold grudges against the Empire/Jedi/Republic/etc, but most of the time, it's for the money.

It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up for your friends.

Galax, great points!

I think Boba Fett is cool.
He is definetely my favorite character, and I don't think he's evil.
I think he is just so good at huntin' or whatever that people think he is evil.
A stormtrooper would do the same thing if he got the chance.
-super20580

Star Wars #5 makes it clear that he will do whatever it takes to get the job done, including very evil acts. He wouldn't be the best if he allowed loose ends to walk away. He's like a machine when he's at work.

Jedi Hunter, true, Star Wars #5 definitely showed a more ruthless Fett. It did seem not much different than some of the 1990's Dark Horse Comics "Boba Fett" stories. Either way, all points that Boba Fett is a tick towards evil, perhaps in the sense of the willingness to go there without second guessing or complicated feelings.

boba fett is evil. but he can change if he chooses to do so.

To me he is not evil. He make his means and surviving. Of course he despise Jedi but that's not because he is evil of the heart ~ he is broken because of what happen to his Father and it only make sense he has hardened of heart. { I am taking opinion from what I have seen on film & some I've read ~ I look forward to finding deeper into Boba Fett }.

no

I think that it's more interesting to people if Boba Fett were evil rather than him just being sort of a gray morality. Evilness sells.

This is a very good question. Think about it. Fett dedicated a lot of care to his wife and daughter and eventually his granddaughter. That prospect alone is enough to make many lean towards no. Bounty hunting. Many say that is enough to say yes. However, contrary to what many think, it is NOT illegal. It is a legitimate profession. And even where hunters are killing for a living, it can't be that bad because even the greatly vaunted Rebellion and New Republic hired them on numerous occasions. That would have hired them more if they had had enough money. Fett also displayed great character quality when he told Princess Leia that he never drank or did spice. (Despite of the fact that he grew up under heavy influence from Aurra Sing.) In fact, one of the reasons he hated Han Solo is because he often dealt in spice, providing beings with an open door to hurt themselves and others. Han also smuggles and did not stop when he joined the Rebellion or even when he married Leia. And though some may call Fett a murderer, why isn't Han? Didn't he kill Thrackan Sal-Solo out of revenge? At least Fett normally only kills double-crossing scum and blatantly corrupt political leaders. My opinion is that Fett is not evil. However, in the words of Obi-Wan Kenobi this is "From a certain point of view."