Re: Is Fett evil?

He was not saying that Boba was good or bad. He was questioning the mythosaur on Boba's soldier.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

As far as I know, Boba isn't evil.  He isn't good either, or he wouldn't be a bounty hunter.  He is for himself, no one/nothing else.  Besides, how do you define evil?  Like Sev Fett said: Evil is in the eye of the beholder.  It changes depending onyour perspective.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Mandalorian Assassin wrote:

Besides, how do you define evil?

Good Question!!

The answer is it can be defined in many ways, and the best choices I will post now.

1. morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked ------- As has been stated, depends on perspective. No points.

2. harmful; injurious ------ No denying he harms people. 1 point evil.

3. characterized or accompanied by misfortune or suffering; unfortunate; disastrous ------- not sure about suffering and misfortune, so i'm gunna say no. 1 point not evil.'

4. Marked by acts relating to the endangerment or compromising of others --------- Pretty sure he endangers others, so 1 point evil.

Final score. Evil: 2  Not Evil: 1.              Evil wins.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

You did not have Good.

1. Moral and honor-- Liea incident, but has show dishonor in "Overkill"-- no point

2. Benifits society-- captures criminals, gives money to orphanages-- point to good

3. Characterized or accopinied by fortune-- though he does do the above, he does kill people, break things etc.-- point for not good.

4. Marked by acts that help others-- It has been a while, but did he not help Mirta Gev get paid for returning an object that was important to him? Didn't he help the New Republic at some point? He killed the two dangerous former members of the Empire in one comic (I think "Agent of Doom") for one-hundred credits.-- point for good

Final score: Good: Two          Not Good: One      Good wins

Total points (assuming not good equels evil, and vice versa): Good: Three       Evil: Three      Tie

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I will say that I am glad somebody took the other side of this, except that my answers are based on facts over opinion.
Fact - he harms people.
Fact- he is usually not trying to make people suffer.
Fact - he endangers the lives of others.

Benefits society - Depends on who you are. If you are the person who hires him, you'd say yes. If you are the person being killed, or a person who is a loved one of the person being killed, I don't think you'd agree.

Characterized or accopinied by fortune - If by fortune you mean the opposite of "misfortune," then I would say no points. He brings fortune to some, and death to others.

Marked by acts that help others- Refer to the last 2 statements. One again depends on who you are.

In the end it truly may not come down to the "definition" because they do not describe character and morality. But what I was trying to prove is that in the definitions of "good" and "evil", Fett falls short of being neutral"

Hail to the King Baby!!

In my opinion, Fett is a product of circumstance.  His personality is a mesh of all things that have happened to him over the years.  Both good and bad have crossed his path, and in turn he has also crossed the paths of right and wrong.  There are evil aspects of his nature, but one can also find a more kindly Fett beneath the mask...if you look hard enough.

That being said, I can't honestly say that I think he is purely evil.

"There's only one thing that scares a Mando man......and that's a Mando woman..."  - Karen Traviss, "A Practical Man"

He isnt evil in my opinion but evil people hire him. he just wants cash

Don't drink at gay parties.

No

Karson Fett wrote:

No

Is that an answer to the question or are you replying to the post before you?

Please try to explain your post as "No" doesn't really add anything to the topic.

Hail to the King Baby!!

lol  (I KNOW that's useless and pathetic but as an older member I deserve at least 1 spam a month!)

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

lol i deserve 234 a day? heh heh!

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

237 (edited by Sev Fett Tuesday, May 29, 2007 7:55 pm)

Can we all guess what that was?  Spam!  Please refrain from making comments like that.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

lol that's enough from me. wink So Fett isn't evil,he is just doing his job.Actually he works for Evil people...

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

I do not think Boba Fett is evil. He is just doing his job and like what has been stated before he works for evil people.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Fett is not evil. He  has to make a living some how. I mean, if you bounty hunted for a livig would you think of your silf evil? He bounty hunted and was good at it, if you were good at something, and you could make a living off it would you not do it? You got to have some way to pay the bills. Many poeple think Jango and Boba were.
My point is this: Fett was just wired up the wong way.

He is definitly an Anti-hero. He even donates alot of his money to orphanages? I'm not sure evil people would do so...

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

if fett is not evil he lives next door.

his loyalties are for sale, and obivously needs to be reminded not to disentegrate his prey.
if he donates money to orphanages...which i was unaware of(is this comics or books?), it is merely
an endearing quality.

i am unaware of the resent changes to fetts character, via the novels about him resently. i cant recall them or the author momentarily(to the edit button!). but his roots- holiday special, "frozen world of otra", ESB- fett is a cold human and an unshakable hunter, and there is little to no account of him taking a pay cut to help the rebels.
thus pretty evil or at best menacing, and cant be trusted.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

cujo wrote:

if fett is not evil he lives next door.

his loyalties are for sale, and obivously needs to be reminded not to disentegrate his prey.
if he donates money to orphanages...which i was unaware of(is this comics or books?), it is merely
an endearing quality.

i am unaware of the resent changes to fetts character, via the novels about him resently. i cant recall them or the author momentarily(to the edit button!). but his roots- holiday special, "frozen world of otra", ESB- fett is a cold human and an unshakable hunter, and there is little to no account of him taking a pay cut to help the rebels.
thus pretty evil or at best menacing, and cant be trusted.

That does not make him evil though. It just does not make him good.

He does the things that he does when he is getting paid for it. If he did what he did without being paid for it then that would be evil.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

244 (edited by cujo Monday, June 4, 2007 10:08 pm)

im willing to admit to a bit of ambiguity between good and evil- so there is a large grey area,
which i would hazard to guess all of us live.

perhaps fett is a gray area sort of dweller.
but fett is employeed by gangsters and a tyranical empire which makes him...party to some very bad things.
guilty by association? he is not oblivious to the agenda of these employers.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

I dont think he's evil. I just think he's a man who has a job which capitalizes on the best of his abilities, which just happens to be bounty hunting. But he isnt good either. Which is why I categorize him as an anti-hero.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

I believe that anti-hero is the best category to classify him under.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Yeah,if you categorized him as a villain that wouldn't be right since he is only hired by them.

cujo wrote:

im willing to admit to a bit of ambiguity between good and evil- so there is a large grey area,
which i would hazard to guess all of us live.

perhaps fett is a gray area sort of dweller.
but fett is employeed by gangsters and a tyranical empire which makes him...party to some very bad things.
guilty by association? he is not oblivious to the agenda of these employers.

He does not believe the empire is evil though he thinks the rebels are wrong for starting the war if you read TOTBH this is part of what he says "I am sorry for the deaths of the innocent. But that happens in a war, Leia Organa. The innocent die in wars, and your side should not have started this one."
In one book he fights through an imperial garrison to get to his bounty then he finds that the bounty help orphans so Boba lets him go. It is mentioned that he has given to several charities. All though im not sure if this is cannon or not i read on wookpedia that Boba saved some children from a burning school. There are several other good things he has done but also he has a code of honour he only takes jobs to catch people he thnks deserve it. He is definatly an anti hero.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Yeah I agree with Sev.

Fett developed a strong sense of justice, moral obligation, and adhered to his own code of honor. He took only certain bounties that agreed with his own beliefs and brutal justice. But to those few, he whole-heartedly devoted all of his magnificent skill should the occasion call for it. He wanted bounty credits and would not let anyone or anything interfere. So it might make him seem like a jerk but he's just looking out for himself. He has a big heart at times. After learning about the death of Mara Jade Skywalker, Boba asked Medrit, one of the blacksmiths in Keldabe, to send Han Solo a gift of chest armor plates, a small blade, and a pair of crushgaunts made of "proper beskar." Fett said this was so Solo could "throttle the life out of his vermin spawn." He signed it simply saying "With deepest sympathy." It was as deep as Fett could manage. He felt it must have been terrible for Solo to have such a disappointment for a son.

"Maybe I'd have grown up a nice guy if a Jedi hadn't cut my dad's head off in front of me."