Topic: Quotes

Seeing as most of the people on here seem to have some type of quote in their sig, I decided to put up a topic where you can post all your favorite quotes.  Here are some of mine.

I loathe people who keep dogs.  They are cowards who haven't the guts to bite people themselves. --Arthur Strindburg

Whoever has his foe at his mercy, and does not kill him, is his own enemy. --Sa'di

Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. --Eric Hoffer

Nothing in life is as exhilarating as to be shot at without result. --Winston Churchill

If you can't bite, don't show your teeth. --Old Saying

Morality is contraband in war. --Gahndi

This isn't revenge.  It's Punishment. --Frank Castle

It's not the fall that gets you. *SPLAT* It's the sudden stop at the end. --Richard B. Riddick

Those are just some that come to mind.  I'll post more when I think of them.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Re: Quotes

"The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear ITSELF! " - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"This Is But A Taste Of The Dark Side! " - Darth Malak

" Ich Bin Ein Berliner " - John F. Kennedy (Translates as "I am a Donut")

" The Original Funny Man" - JSMAyne (On the Star Trek Message Boards talking about Humorbot5 (me))

"All That Belongs To You, Is Rightfully Mine! And Mine It Shall BE" - The Dark Prince

"Most people think Time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. They are wrong. Sit down and I will tell you a tale like none that you have ever heard. Know, first, that I am the son of Shahraman, a mighty King of Persia. On our way to Azad, we passed through India... Where the promise of Honor and Glory tempted us to our doom." - The Prince Of Persia

" I Am The Arcitect Of My Own Destruction" - The Prince Of Persia

"I Bet All My Star Wars Figures....Except The Fett Man. I'm Never So Sure To Risk The Fett Man" - Peter Griffin

Note- All of these quotes represent me in some way.

Yes, even the one about the Donut...

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

3 (edited by True Warrior Sunday, May 28, 2006 3:36 pm)

I dont have many.....

{MW}-"Death and Destruction to Our Enemies!!"

This is my favorite, but its a little inampropriate (spelled right?).......

"Lifes a b**ch, and I'm her Pimp."-T-Viza

"As you Wish"-The Notorious Boba Fett

and the song behind my name....

'Warrior part 2' by Lloyd Banks
"This is a story of a Warrior, I know you know it. True Warrior..."

{MW} TW cool

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Can I write some Son g Lyrics?
I'm gonna Write some song lyrics.

"There's No Reason, There's No Compromise" - Godsmack, Straight Out Of Line

"Straight Out Of Line, I Can't Find A Reason, Why I Should Justify My Ways.....   ... I Don't Need a Reason, You Don't Need To Lie To Me!" - Godsmack, Straight Out Of Line

"I Stand Alone, Inside, I Stand Alone," - Godsmack, I Stand Alone

"I Feel Your STING Down Inside Me, I'm Not Dying For It" - Godsmack, I Stand Alone

"I May Be Dumb, But I'm Not a Dweeb, I'm Just A Sucka With No Self Esteem..." - The Offspring, Self Esteem

"Well I Guess I Should Really Stick Up For Myself..." - The Offspring, Self Esteem

"I Got No Friends Cos They Read The Papers, They Can't Be Seen.....With Me!" - Alice Cooper, No  More Mr Nice Guy

"How Many People Wanna Kick Some ***? And How Many People Are Sick Of Holding It Back??? " Stroke 99, How Many People Want To Kick Some ***

"I'm A Question Wrapped Inside an Enigma" - MC Chris, Fett's Vette (Plus I think Winston Churchill said it too....)

"So Don't Arouse My Anger, Fool" - Coolio, Gangsta's Paradise

Pretty Much The Entirety of "Tom Sawyer" by Rush

In Fact Pretty Much The Entirety of "I Stand Alone" and "Straight Out Of Line" by Godsmack. also "Self Esteem" by The Offspring and "How Many People Want to Kick Some ***" by Stroke 99. But the Above Lyrics in Partcular.

If you were to mix the above Lyrics, plus all the lyrics to the song s I just mentioned, plus the quotes I posted, You could get a pretty clear view of me and My feelings...

On and its spelt " Inappropriate "

5 (edited by RC-3222 Sunday, May 28, 2006 6:19 pm)

"You get to wear face camo--makes you feel wild and dangerous." --FI

"Execute Order 60." --Emperor Palpatine... No, I'm not mixed up. It's from a fanfic. tongue

"Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis... It's a lung disease that miners with an "e" get."--My friend

"Yub, yub, Commander."--Wes Janson

"Any text taken out of context can become a pre-text for a proof text."--Some theologian

"We are Reformed Evangelical Charismatics..." My Dad

"Is you is, or is you ain't my consituents?!"--Some guy in "O Brother Where Art Thou?"

That's all off the top of my head...

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

"I never ever sleep. I just lay in my bed, dreaming of the day when every one is dead."-- Alice Cooper (I would post the entire lyrics, but it is quite violent)

"No my dear friend rat-bag, he is a goodguy, you can tell because he has a mop"-- Deadpool

"Every body thought Dead Babies was about a truck full of dead babies. What's sicker than that? The live one one th bottom eating it's way out."-- Alice Cooper

"Awww, I can't belive I lost to a bunch of losers."-- Wario

"The Easter Bunny hates you"---- (see my thread of same name)

"My imaginary friend thinks you have serious mental problems. Allergic to stupid people."-- various tee-shirts

"Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut b$%#h."-- Juggernaut

"I'm the best at what I do, and what I do aint' nice." -- Wolverine

take it easy baby take it as it comes

"My name is Wally West, and I'm the fastest man alive".--Wally West, the Flash

In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light! --Green Lantern oath

it isn't who you are that defines you, but what you do--rachel dawes

even the smallest amount of human kindess and hope, can hold back the darkest night.

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

draco fett wrote:

"Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut *****."-- Juggernaut

Or along the same lines, "Oh my stars and garters!" --Beast
"Savvy?" --Jack Sparrow
Sorry guys, it's late at night.  Nothing else comes to mind.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

That Juggernaut Line was more than Stupid

I hate Vinnie Jones....

Yeah, song quotes are a good idea too.

Somebody get me through this nightmare, I can't control myself! --Animal I Have Become, by Three Days Grace

I wanna break your existence, and cut through mine! --Shadow Of A Man, by Mudvayne

I'm Old Gregggggggg!

I love quoting.  I mainly just do Star Wars quotes.

"Put captain Cargo in the Solohold"  -Boba Fett Episode V

"You must join me Obi Wan, and together, we will destroy the Sith"  Count Dooku Episode II

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy, and we shall have peace"  Sidious Episode III

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge"  Maul Episode I

"Use the force, Luke"  Obi Wan Kenobi Episode IV

"Sister?  So... you have a twin sister.  You're feelings have now betrayed her too.  Obi Wan was wise to hide her from me.  And now his failure is complete.   If you will not turn to the dark side... then perhaps she will"  Vader Episode VI

"For Mandalore!" - Canderous Ordo, Among Others...

Humorbot5 wrote:

That Juggernaut Line was more than Stupid

I hate Vinnie Jones....

that's his classic line from the comic books.  In my theater, everyone started cheering.  Besides, I don't know if you noticed, but he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.  You shouldn't expect witty lines from him.  I think it was funny in its blatentness and stupididty.

I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Nah in the comics he used to say "Nothing Stops Juggernaut!"

Besides Kitty was Hot...

Humorbot5 wrote:

Nah in the comics he used to say "Nothing Stops Juggernaut!"

Besides Kitty was Hot...

That too.

I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Of all the issues of X-Men or Spider-Man with Juggernaut in them that I've read. I have never heard him say anything like "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut *****."

Or were you saying "That too" about the Kitty being hot comment?

YOu can travel the world but you can't change who you are indisde. Just be, by Tiesto

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

"Chon, Chon, you are very vain, but by the time your 70, your ponytail, your queue, will be as good as new."--Roy O'Bannon

"Houston, we have a problem..." Jim Lovell

"In the belly of the whale, it's an underwater jail, it's a tight squeeze, it's a gettin' to me but it's roomier than the tail, hey sailor got my flow free, like a salmon to the sea from the L.A. symphony, I'm a paddleboat paddlin' in the wake, a fake free-styler, but my unemployment pays I'm avoidin' cliches, like 'whale of a tail' or 'you can't keep a good man down' 'cause you can, and I've been there, man, but I've been expectorated! I'm elated! I'm free like Willie! Happy days! Oops, that's a bit of a cliche..." In the Belly of the Whale by Newsboys

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

19 (edited by Maltese Kentaiba Monday, May 29, 2006 7:53 pm)

Die! Just Die! You have no talent at all!!-Jiraiya

Hmm...how shall I put this? Based on my first impression I'd have to say...I hate you!-Kakashi

Uh, Naruto, your speech was cool and all, but if you lose any more blood, you're going to die.-Kakashi

No, you don't get it, thats why I'm telling you. You think you get it, which isn't the same as actually getting it. Get it?-Kakashi

Hello students, today I got lost on the road of life-Kakashi

I fight for my sake only and live to love no one but myself-Gaara No Sabuke

A soul needs a purpose to live... and so I concluded that my purpose was to kill everyone besides myself. I felt alive...-Gaara No Sabuke

And to think I call this man Captain-Gilliam[Outlaw Star]

This gun has six barrels of rotating death. Any questions?-Heero Yuy

I almost forgot what your like. You're just about as far from normal as they come.-Duo Maxwell

Bad day bad day bad day-Jackie Chan

Uncle: One more thing. To avoid bad luck always wear a belt, beware of men named Shamus, and never stand with your back to an open door.
Jackie: Are making this up?

You forget to make coffee this morning! Coffee is the only thing keeping Uncle's ancient heart beating! You want dead Uncle?!-Uncle[Jackie Chan adventures]

I'm a soldier, meaning that I'm Both the defendent and the judge I'm standing on both sides of the fire Going around turns, overtaking death and life I'm running to fight with the shadow of a lie-Rise[opening Ghost In the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd gig]

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Humorbot5 wrote:

Of all the issues of X-Men or Spider-Man with Juggernaut in them that I've read. I have never heard him say anything like "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut *****."

Or were you saying "That too" about the Kitty being hot comment?

No, I was talking about Juggernaut.  I've read alot about him, probably alot more than you, seeing as I have been around longer.
That is not his catchphrase, i.e, something he says all the time, but a quote from one of the X-Men series.  (I forget which)  He didn't actually say *****, but they did the classic cartoon @#!!%, which the director obviously interpreted as *****.

I'm Old Gregggggggg!

21 (edited by TheGunslinger Wednesday, May 31, 2006 3:01 pm)

I lurves Riddick:

"Are you afraid of the dark? I'm not...the dark is afraid of me." -Riddick, Escape from Butcher Bay

"Trying to get under my skin already, Riddick?"
"It'd be easier...if I had something sharp." -Hoxie and Riddick, respectively, EFBB

"Let's play...who's the better killer?" -Riddick, EFBB

"You gonna kill me with your soupcup?"
"It's a teacup. I'm going to kill you with my teacup." -An inmate and Riddick, respectively, Chronicles of Riddick

"They say most of your brain shuts down in cryosleep. All but the primitive side, the animal side...guess that's why I'm still awake." -Riddick, Pitch Black

[getting into a knife fight with Johns while dark-dwelling creatures are all outside their little circle of green light] "Only one rule...stay in the light." -Riddick, Pitch Black

"You made three mistakes. First, you took the job. Second, you came light. A four man crew for me? Insulting. But the worst mistake you made...[Toombs rushes to get a gun] ...empty gun rack." -Riddick, COR

"You're not afraid of the dark, are you?" -Riddick, COR

He's just too cool. This one here's the epitome of geekiness:

"There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code, that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will. Creativity. And even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote... of a soul?"
-Dr. Alfred Lanning, I, Robot

And who can forget The Princess Bride? Source of the world's best quotes:

Inigo: "Oh, you don't know, eh? Fezzik, jug his memory."
[Fezzik whacks the albino over the head and he collapses]
Fezzik: "Sorry, Inigo. I didn't meant to jug him so hard."

"Love is pain, highness! Anyone who says otherwise is selling something." -Man in Black

"Do you want me to send you back where you came from, huh? Unemployed? In GREENLAND?!" -Vizzini

"Don't rush me. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles." -Miracle Max the Miracle Man

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha-" [keels over dead] -Vezzini

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." -Inigo

Man in Black: But, I promise I will not kill you until you reach the top.
Man in Black: That's VERY comforting, but I'm afraid you'll just have to wait.
Inigo: I hate waiting. I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
Man in Black: No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

GPI: Fondly regard crustacean

TheGunslinger wrote:

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha-" [keels over dead] -Vezzini

Yeah, never mess with a Sicilian. I am Sicilian.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Haha, yeah.  PB is awsome.  You forgot the one where that guy says "To the death, I suppose?"  And the man in black replys "No, your highness, to the pain."  I forget the rest of it, but it was good.

I'm Old Gregggggggg!

25 (edited by True Warrior Wednesday, May 31, 2006 5:59 pm)

Oh, we're doing quotes from movies now? I thought it was our own personal stuff.
Then I'd like to add somethin..

Star Wars Luke: "I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
From Rocky 4, the russian said, "If he dies, he dies" so cool..
Rocky 1, "Ahhhgrraahh,     hummuhamua" Syvester Stallone! lol lol

TheGunslinger wrote:

I lurves Riddick:

"Are you afraid of the dark? I'm not...the dark is afraid of me." -Riddick, Escape from Butcher Bay

"Trying to get under my skin already, Riddick?"
"It'd be easier...if I had something sharp." -Hoxie and Riddick, respectively, EFBB

"Let's play...who's the better killer?" -Riddick, EFBB

"You gonna kill me with your soupcup?"
"It's a teacup. I'm going to kill you with my teacup." -An inmate and Riddick, respectively, Chronicles of Riddick

"They say most of your brain shuts down in cryosleep. All but the primitive side, the animal side...guess that's why I'm still awake." -Riddick, Pitch Black

[getting into a knife fight with Johns while dark-dwelling creatures are all outside their little circle of green light] "Only one rule...stay in the light." -Riddick, Pitch Black

"You made three mistakes. First, you took the job. Second, you came light. A four man crew for me? Insulting. But the worst mistake you made...[Toombs rushes to get a gun] ...empty gun rack." -Riddick, COR

"You're not afraid of the dark, are you?" -Riddick, COR

Cool quotes, Slinger. I love that movie. FULL of action! Great story too. And as you've already pointed out, a great quote movie. big_smile

{MW} TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]