Re: Cad Bane = Boba Fett of the Clone Era?

Manji_Ninja wrote:

What is he some sort of alien Clint Eastwood knock off?

we spent a great deal of this thread talking about how Boba Fett was modeled after Clint Eastwood and Cad Bane has, thus, been modeled after Van Cleef

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so."

Anyone want to update the Fettipedia entry for Cad?

http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/fettiped … e=Cad_Bane

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

BFFC therealmccoy wrote:
Manji_Ninja wrote:

What is he some sort of alien Clint Eastwood knock off?

we spent a great deal of this thread talking about how Boba Fett was modeled after Clint Eastwood and Cad Bane has, thus, been modeled after Van Cleef

I am interested in what you have yo say about Van Cleef, if you know anything about him.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Cad is cool but to compare him to Fett is a joke. Fett is 10 times the hunter Cad is.

EEB- toor JAHT-nay toor ASH-ahd-KEE-ram-oor  - Today is a good day for someone else to die -

No, definitely not. Boba Fett is much different than Cad Bane.

Even through death you cannot be killed. If you are a true Mandalorian you will live on and be remembered forever. -Kom'rk Vhett

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

I am interested in what you have yo say about Van Cleef, if you know anything about him.

The movie character?

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so."

Anyone have new thoughts on Cad Bane, now that the Clone Wars animated series is through its 4th season?

Founder/Editor, BFFC

Well. Cad, like Boba, has a sense of honor. That was proven when he saved the disguise Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Box. He's smart and resourceful. But unlike Boba, he vies for the top position. He isn't just there, and there are none better than him, like Boba. Embo is a challenge as far as that goes, for sure.

I have to say, I really like the character of Cad Bane. Even now that we're going into Season 5. But I doubt we'll see too much of him /or/ Boba in this season, sadly.

“What do you mean the Slave I took off with Master Fadir?!” - Luke Skywalker, Noncanon source.

I also like Cad Bane, but I wouldn't say he's equal to Boba Fett. There are some similiarities, like having their own code of ethics and valuing their reputations.

I get the impression Cad is all about the money and the fame. Where Boba is much more calculating and up for the hard challenges on his own. Cad seems more of a "group" hunter when things get tough.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

hi

Hello and welcome, dummy0215! We have a different topic where everyone introduced themselves. This topic is about Cad Bane. smile

Founder/Editor, BFFC

The IG-88 do exist. And no cad bane is not the boba fett of the clone wars. He was a ounty hunter then to.Have you never read the Boba fett fight to survive series.

Darth Kuruptios, before Boba Fett (voiced by Daniel Logan) began appearing in the show, I think the creators of the show created the character to be like Boba Fett: a bounty hunter, fashioned like a Western, dangerous, and mysterious. What do you think? And what did you find in the "Fight To Survive" books?

Founder/Editor, BFFC

I don't know this cad bane clown. There's only one Boba Fett.

ctxboy1981 wrote:

I don't know this cad bane clown. There's only one Boba Fett.

True. They're trying...

Even with TFA, we had Captain Phasma in a whole lot of Fett-like moments.

Founder/Editor, BFFC