1,051 (edited by Cin Vhetin Friday, September 4, 2009 11:27 am)

Re: Bf/Gf

All hail Ralin and ARC Fett. Two thumbs up for steady guys! big_smile

[url=http://www.lithdesigns.com]LD[/url] / [email=billielith@hotmail.com]E-[/email]

I've decided that I need to find a guy into Star Wars. One that idolizes Fett wouldn't hurt either.

1,053 (edited by ZiviReywes Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:14 am)

Miba wrote:

Don't worry, Arc, you'll find one soon enough. smile

I have a bf, had him for 2 years, 5 months, 25 days. (no, I didn't know that off the top of my head, I just counted it out) His name is Vince, and he's one year, eight months, and some days younger than me. (I'm 19, he's 17) He lives on the other side of the country from me, and it is causing problems, but it's nothing we can't work around. We met OL, through sw.com, actually. He saw me posting and since Hyperspace accounts let you display your IM name in your profile, he decided to IM me and. well, love at first sight. wink

I have nothing to really say to this.  I just wanted to bring it up and giggle a bit, maybe do some random musings.

She ended up marrying someone who... well, really wasn't all that into Star Wars because Episode 1 broke his heart so long ago.  We were having a discussion about such a thing last night, and I find the cycle of fandom to be somewhat interesting.. I love the original Trilogy.  Then Episode 1 came along, and I considered it kiddy garbage, a failure.  I found those who became Star Wars fans because of it annoying.

I'm seeing the cycle repeat itself in my darling wife, and her feelings about Clone Wars.  Not that I entirely disagree with her; while I think Clone Wars is great for kids, I don't take it any more "canon" seriously then I did Droids or Ewoks when _I_ was a child.  The only people who seem to give a rip about canon are the novel authors anyway.

*belts out in much-loved nostalgic memory* Steppin' softly in a danger zone
No weapon in my hand
It's just this brain, desiiiiigned by man
It's got me in trouble again, In trouble again
I put my life in jeopardy
In the service of my friends
I wouldn't care, but it's a dangerous affair
'Cause I'm in trouble again....

Author of the Dog and Spider Private Investigations series NOT for kids!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B01MZZGJTJ/

Mayda Ferium wrote:

I've decided that I need to find a guy into Star Wars. One that idolizes Fett wouldn't hurt either.

You should definitely find yourself a nerd; but he doesn't need to necessarily love Star Wars as much as you.  In fact, you're likely to find yourself happier if he doesn't; because it will give you a constant fresh perspective.

And you can threaten to dump him if he even DARES to bring up Star Trek.

smile

1,055 (edited by ZiviReywes Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:54 pm)

ZiviReywes wrote:

*belts out in much-loved nostalgic memory* Steppin' softly in a danger zone
No weapon in my hand
It's just this brain, desiiiiigned by man
It's got me in trouble again, In trouble again
I put my life in jeopardy
In the service of my friends
I wouldn't care, but it's a dangerous affair
'Cause I'm in trouble again....

...that was the theme song from Droids.  I'm stating this because my wife didn't recognize it.. and apparently nobody else did either.

And you people call yourselves Star Wars Fans.  I scoff in your general direction!

*scoffs*

Just to make it clear, I don't agree with him on the CW/TPM thing. And it is not great for kids. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

I think its worth noting that July was my 6th year anniversary with my boyfriend. Who is just as nerdy and geeky as me! And a lovable pain in the ***. XD

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

I think its worth noting that July was my 6th year anniversary with my boyfriend. Who is just as nerdy and geeky as me! And a lovable pain in the ***. XD

...six years?  Maybe I'm a little old fashioned, but here goes anyway..

Honestly if you're not married by the time you've known each other 6 years you should probably be asking yourself some serious questions, like "Am I just with him because I'm afraid to be alone?" and "Are we piling up all sorts of excuses to stop just short of making a real commitment to one another?"

I mean, you might think "well, we've been together so long we might as well BE married for all that's concerned." but.. the fact is you aren't married.  There's absolutely no ironclad commitment going on here.  If that's what you are seeking, the freedom to just... leave or be left on a whim... more power to you.  But if what you're seeking is a partner for your entire life... why aren't you married to him?

ZiviReywes wrote:

Honestly if you're not married by the time you've known each other 6 years you should probably be asking yourself some serious questions, like "Am I just with him because I'm afraid to be alone?" and "Are we piling up all sorts of excuses to stop just short of making a real commitment to one another?"

I mean, you might think "well, we've been together so long we might as well BE married for all that's concerned." but.. the fact is you aren't married.  There's absolutely no ironclad commitment going on here.  If that's what you are seeking, the freedom to just... leave or be left on a whim... more power to you.  But if what you're seeking is a partner for your entire life... why aren't you married to him?

y'know, 6 years might not be enough for some people.

Fett_II wrote:
ZiviReywes wrote:

y'know, 6 years might not be enough for some people.

I agree.

[url=http://www.lithdesigns.com]LD[/url] / [email=billielith@hotmail.com]E-[/email]

I am Married. I found the right one to put up with my Star wars Obessions. I put up with her Twilight Fetish and she puts up with the star wars stuff. Though I am more obsessed than her.  It drives her nuts sometimes but she doesn't show it to much. But to all of you that are single, That is fine too. It is not all about having a bf\gf or whatever it is being who you are

EEB- toor JAHT-nay toor ASH-ahd-KEE-ram-oor  - Today is a good day for someone else to die -

Man, I have ti find a girlfriend

Well, I am posting twice in a row....but i am talking to a girl right now, I got her to go the Military Ball with me soo...

two words......."The One" wink

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

I had a girlfriend but we broke up,so now I have another girlfriend.And the cycle goes on and on until the wheel of fortune stops at a girl who will actually make me mad with love...so poetic. tongue

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

Sounds like aliitle bit of my life too only with men and my current relationship has lasted awhile.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Well my date had a good time..or so she says I tried to be nice. I hope she really did have a good time

News Update:I broke up today. tongue My girlfriend left me for her best friend.That's...cool.lolz.

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

Darth Maul Clone, where have you been man?
Its good seeing you again, sorry about the girl though

Hey Karson, it's been crazy thE past years..I was studying a lot to get into a University so I didn't really have time...but now it's all cool so I'm back. big_smile

Relationships are tough.You will always get dissapointed in the end...only one girl will not dissapoint you and that is the love of your life...which I haven't found yet. tongue

1,071 (edited by cloneapart Sunday, May 9, 2010 6:30 pm)

Hey all, haven't been here a while but amazingly no bf at the moment.  I think I just need to find one to put up with all my star wars obsession tongue

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

oe someone who shares it

Karson Fett wrote:

oe someone who shares it

Haha I wish.  All the guys I know either wont admit they like it or they're genuinely not interested in it, and even the ones who are interested in the sw stuff aren't even close to the interest level I am sad  I'm sure I'll find that nerd out there some where tongue

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card